Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2020: Event AND PHOTO Thread!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
rhodyguy
Funny or weird. dry.gif unsure.gif Gint was playing with his jets when we were in Escalante too.
brcacti
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 31 2020, 08:25 PM) *

U.S. Route 550, The Million Dollar Highway. aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment

Great picture, cars, scenery.
brcacti
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 17 2020, 05:01 PM) *

Booked!

Probably in the purple car!

Still dialing in the newest build, but who knows...

Click to view attachment

I like that bumblebee aktion035.gif
brcacti
QUOTE(914Subaru @ Sep 8 2020, 07:21 PM) *

Seth and I are in route from Duluth MN and made it to Mitchell, SD today. Tomorrow Estes Park then to Montrose. I heard there may have gotten some snow in Estes Park, will the roads be okay? Thanks Ross
Click to view attachment

Thats a great luggage carrier for the 914s, looks like no damage to the paint
brcacti
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 11 2020, 08:43 PM) *

Hangin' out @ Wills' place

IPB Image

Great picture
SharonG
Thanks RRC attendees/friends for making this event awesome every year. And thanks @MoveQik and Kathy for the Friday hospitality and Kansas914 and Mary for the excellent BBQ Saturday! beerchug.gif drunk.gif
Tonyooc
Sharon, thanks for setting this up we had a lot of fun. It was great meeting everyone and making new friends in the 914 community. Lots of fun can't wait for the next run. beerchug.gif
bkrantz
Yes, thanks Sharon (and Mike and Mary), and thanks to all of you for welcoming a new face. With luck I will have my 914 together by next September, and join in on all the fun.
Tonyooc
QUOTE(brcacti @ Sep 13 2020, 08:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 11 2020, 08:43 PM) *

Hangin' out @ Wills' place

IPB Image

Great picture

Love this pic....
michael7810
Made it home OK in 8.5 hours. No surprise this event was a blast even without a 914. Many thanks to Sharon & Gint, the Moormans and the Wills for organizing/hosting/feeding the group. Great to see old friends and make a few new ones. Safe travels
76-914
https://youtu.be/TgARHVgqa4I
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 13 2020, 08:56 PM) *

Great video Kent.... beer3.gif
Oscar
MoveQik
Huge thanks to Sharon and the Moorman’s for such a great event!! Everything was sooooo perfect!! The scenery, the weather, the food, the drinks and especially the company!! Kathy and I met a lot of new folks and saw so many long time friends...as awesome as the cars are these days, they are almost insignificant. It’s always the people that make these events so fun!! Our next event will be Route 66 and we can’t wait!!

Cheers!
second wind
OMG on the video......that is Colorado alright....how happy are those engines with snow on the side of the road....
gg
PS....did I imagine a aubergine car at some point? Maybe I did?
gg
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 12 2020, 08:57 PM) *

The last of the Red Rockers just left the house

Sammy Hagar is known as the Red Rocker. aktion035.gif

The sound track to Kent's fabulous video is 'Finish What Ya Started' by Van Halen - featuring Sammy Hagar. rock_band.gif

Coincidence or Conspiracy ? ? happy11.gif
DRPHIL914
great choice on the Bourbon, Eagle Rare 10 year is one of our fav's for sure( i have a few)

QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 8 2020, 09:44 PM) *

Packed. That was easy
QUOTE(914Subaru @ Sep 8 2020, 10:21 PM) *

Seth and I are in route from Duluth MN and made it to Mitchell, SD today. Tomorrow Estes Park then to Montrose. I heard there may have gotten some snow in Estes Park, will the roads be okay? Thanks Ross
Click to view attachment

@914Subaru
more info requested on that Yakma set up!! looks like you are using the stock mount points up under the targa bar, but what about the back side??
Mueller
Thanks for the pics and video.

Anyone "not" have an operational heater?
Chris H.
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 12 2020, 10:33 AM) *

Drivers meeting

IPB Image

Those polished Riveras look pretty damn good beerchug.gif !
brant
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Sep 14 2020, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 12 2020, 10:33 AM) *

Drivers meeting

IPB Image

Those polished Riveras look pretty damn good beerchug.gif !

they actually are not Riviera's

they are form-vee wheels
older than rivs
and what rivs copied

no raised areas on the spokes
different lips and I think maybe different offsets also
larger hub cap hole

brant
I got both of my trunks unpacked last night

a tiny bit lighter... as I left a starter with Gint

this is the proper way to pack your trunks for an RRC event:

Chris H.
Interesting...maybe that's why! Always thought those were "early" Rivs with the rounded spokes/paddles. Not usually polished. Anyway they look good.
brant
they look really nice.
I still need to build a set eventually
cool wheels
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 14 2020, 12:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 12 2020, 08:57 PM) *

The last of the Red Rockers just left the house

Sammy Hagar is known as the Red Rocker. aktion035.gif

The sound track to Kent's fabulous video is 'Finish What Ya Started' by Van Halen - featuring Sammy Hagar. rock_band.gif

Coincidence or Conspiracy ? ? happy11.gif

I had to delete the sound tracks that were copyrighted. sad.gif You'll need to add your own music. beerchug.gif
76-914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=022_dKDmV04&t=20s

2nd video
JRust
Back home in Oregon. Thanks everyone for a great weekend. Huge thanks for setting everything up & the Moormans for their hospitality. Kiana & I had a great time
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 15 2020, 09:44 PM) *

Back home in Oregon. Thanks everyone for a great weekend. Huge thanks for setting everything up & the Moormans for their hospitality. Kiana & I had a great time

Glad you are home safely. It was great to see you and Kiana again.
914Subaru
Thanks to all. We had a great time and being able to spend some quality time with my 28 year old son is priceless. We went up Pikes Peak on the way back, that was interesting and is a lot narrower than I thought from watching videos. 3300 miles in total, the car only got better the more we drove it and the more we appreciated it. The only glitch was early in the trip when one front tire rubbed the inner front fender when I hit a dip in the road so I stopped at a gas station and adjusted the front suspension up. It was great seeing all the cars and the stories about the cars. Most of the way back I was thinking of what I was going to improve on my car next like smaller diameter front rotor so I can move the wheels in and mount 7” Fuchs in the front also. Move my coolant lines out of the tunnel and redo the front clip and radiator. The Yakima cargo box was solid and I didn’t know it was there even at 100+. It was a great time and thanks to all.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(914Subaru @ Sep 16 2020, 11:12 AM) *

Thanks to all. We had a great time and being able to spend some quality time with my 28 year old son is priceless. We went up Pikes Peak on the way back, that was interesting and is a lot narrower than I thought from watching videos. 3300 miles in total, the car only got better the more we drove it and the more we appreciated it. The only glitch was early in the trip when one front tire rubbed the inner front fender when I hit a dip in the road so I stopped at a gas station and adjusted the front suspension up. It was great seeing all the cars and the stories about the cars. Most of the way back I was thinking of what I was going to improve on my car next like smaller diameter front rotor so I can move the wheels in and mount 7” Fuchs in the front also. Move my coolant lines out of the tunnel and redo the front clip and radiator. The Yakima cargo box was solid and I didn’t know it was there even at 100+. It was a great time and thanks to all.

Ross - it was great to meet you and Seth. Glad to hear that you are home safe.

Your car was a hit to say the least. Please plan on coming to Red Rocks Classic again - cheers!
brant

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Ross,

really glad you came out
great to meet you
and also glad your home safe!

brant
RonD

You forgot the TENT.

QUOTE(brant @ Sep 14 2020, 01:31 PM) *

brant
QUOTE(RonD @ Sep 17 2020, 09:36 AM) *

You forgot the TENT.

QUOTE(brant @ Sep 14 2020, 01:31 PM) *

true
ejm
Took a few days sightseeing and got home late last night. Spent today putting a clutch in my daughters Jetta. smash.gif

Many thanks to Sharon for organizing, Mike and Kathy Wills for hosting Friday night and Mike and Mary Moorman for Saturday night. Always nice seeing old friends and meeting new people.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ejm @ Sep 17 2020, 06:32 PM) *

Took a few days sightseeing and got home late last night. Spent today putting a clutch in my daughters Jetta. smash.gif

Many thanks to Sharon for organizing, Mike and Kathy Wills for hosting Friday night and Mike and Mary Moorman for Saturday night. Always nice seeing old friends and meeting new people.

Great pictures Ed.
Big Len
What town? Ouray?
michael7810
QUOTE(ejm @ Sep 17 2020, 05:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Great pics Ed. Good seeing you again
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 17 2020, 07:35 PM) *

What town?

Teener Town.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 16 2020, 02:04 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Ross,

really glad you came out
great to meet you
and also glad your home safe!

brant

Great to see you made it Ross! I told you it was one of the best 914 events with awesome roads and scenery. Miss all of you but we will be back.
Eric_Shea
Miss all of you but we will be back

Oooooh... now he's resorting to threats! ohmy.gif

LOL
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 18 2020, 10:31 AM) *

Miss all of you but we will be back

Oooooh... now he's resorting to threats! ohmy.gif

LOL

slap.gif laugh.gif
Gint
@ejm
@brant

First, Thanks Ed!

Second, I found and fixed that annoying rattle! Muffler bracket nut came off the transaxle. The bracket would clatter at super low RPM under load. It was driving me insane. Gone!

brant
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 25 2020, 08:04 AM) *

@ejm
@brant

First, Thanks Ed!

Second, I found and fixed that annoying rattle! Muffler bracket nut came off the transaxle. The bracket would clatter at super low RPM under load. It was driving me insane. Gone!

Nice find!
ejm
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 25 2020, 10:04 AM) *

@ejm
@brant

First, Thanks Ed!

Anytime! Did the nail polish work out for you?
Gint
QUOTE(ejm @ Sep 25 2020, 01:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 25 2020, 10:04 AM) *

@ejm
@brant

First, Thanks Ed!

Anytime! Did the nail polish work out for you?

It's still on there and looking great. Held up all the way home! driving.gif

Zambeziteen

IPB Image
rhodyguy
Clean car. driving.gif
AZBanks
Beautiful car!
AZBanks
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 17 2020, 07:35 PM) *

What town? Ouray?

Yes, that is Ouray.
I wasn't there during RRC 2020 but I know that is the location of the Wright Opera House.
Tonyooc
Click to view attachment
Tonyooc
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.