Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2022 BROOKINGS, OR JULY 22-24, 2022
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
sb914
@motofoto @strawman @kwrad did y’all book a room and where ? Can’t wait .
Thanks for getting registered. piratenanner.gif
motofoto
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 1 2022, 12:31 PM) *

I'm at the main hotel. Booked a long while back, think the info got lost along the way.
sb914
@waltonsm got your registration thank you .
Did you book a room yet and where ?
Thanks and can’t wait to see that beast ..
waltonsm
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 2 2022, 01:47 PM) *

Thanks for following up! I am booked across the street… at the Blue Coast Inn I think.

Just started the logistics discussion with my friend Mike who will be joining, and helped a lot on the car along the way.

We will be driving from Seattle and hope to join as many activities as we can, but honestly not sure what days/times for arrival or departure yet.

Looking forward to it!

Steve
sb914
QUOTE(waltonsm @ Jun 2 2022, 02:29 PM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 2 2022, 01:47 PM) *

Thanks for following up! I am booked across the street… at the Blue Coast Inn I think.

Just started the logistics discussion with my friend Mike who will be joining, and helped a lot on the car along the way.

We will be driving from Seattle and hope to join as many activities as we can, but honestly not sure what days/times for arrival or departure yet.

Looking forward to it!

Steve

Cool you’re right across the street. Look for a caravan coming from Seattle.
There are a few coming from your way ..
worn
Did you get my PayPal? I would like an extra shirt if possible. Can send more money.
Looking at the map (paper) it looks like one route would cross the desert in eastern Oregon. Going perhaps through Burns. I toured that region 50 years ago and wonder if it is wise for a person my age driving a car close to my age across fairly sparsely populated country. Any thoughts? The computers says I90 and then through the gorge. That has the appeal of 101.
sb914
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 2 2022, 04:23 PM) *

Did you get my PayPal? I would like an extra shirt if possible. Can send more money.
Looking at the map (paper) it looks like one route would cross the desert in eastern Oregon. Going perhaps through Burns. I toured that region 50 years ago and wonder if it is wise for a person my age driving a car close to my age across fairly sparsely populated country. Any thoughts? The computers says I90 and then through the gorge. That has the appeal of 101.

Pm sent
sb914
Let’s get registered getting closer .
VegasRacer
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 7 2022, 05:35 AM) *

This page needed a motivational photo. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
piscean914
finally registered - paypal sent - please check for detailed pm sent as well - thanks for putting all of this together looking forwards to coming down in my '76 914

Click to view attachment
kwrad
QUOTE(motofoto @ Jun 1 2022, 07:22 PM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 1 2022, 12:31 PM) *

I'm at the main hotel. Booked a long while back, think the info got lost along the way.

Got a room at the Wild Rivers Motor Lodge. Main one was fully booked. Will be my first WCR. Ben from Martin Mid Engine will be joining me. Can't wait! bye1.gif
tygaboy
Getting ready to cut the award pieces and using it as a lousy excuse to bump this thread.
Get registered if you haven't yet or else you'll miss out on a great event!
Plus, you'll stand zero chance of winning a cool award...
sportlicherFahrer
type.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif smilie_pokal.gif
sb914
So registration for t shirts will be closing 6-19-22
I need to order the shirts to get them on time .
You can still register but you will NOT get a event shirt.
If anyone is not coming you can still order a shirt before the 19th.
Only six weeks away beer3.gif driving.gif drunk.gif piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment piratenanner.gif
MartyYeoman
Registration sent. smilie_pokal.gif
sb914
QUOTE(MartyYeoman @ Jun 11 2022, 01:17 PM) *

Registration sent. smilie_pokal.gif

@martyyeoman awesome! Did you book your room yet?
sb914
@bmartin914 great glad your coming.
Did you book a room.?
sb914
There will be rooms available at the “host hotel”’as some people are backing out .
I’ll post availability in the coming weeks so one can “transfer” to the host hotel.
We’d like to have only 914 members at the hotel so we can RAGE ! sawzall-smiley.gif piratenanner.gif
We have the whole hotel reserved so let’s fill it …..
Jett
QUOTE(Jett @ Feb 5 2022, 09:01 AM) *

We are excited to attend for the first time… the drive from Seattle down 101 is actually breath taking! The first time we did the drive we had to keep pulling over as to not cause an accident by gawking at the scenery.

Sorry new job is getting in the way of this. Have fun and post lots of pictures.
BMartin914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 12 2022, 06:33 AM) *

@bmartin914 great glad your coming.
Did you book a room.?

Kevin and I are at Wild Rivers.
worn
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 7 2022, 06:56 AM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 7 2022, 05:35 AM) *

This page needed a motivational photo. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

No it didn’t. Thanks anyway though.
914werke
Just visiting this to apply (self) pressure. wacko.gif
Click to view attachment
Is this the event T ?
sb914
QUOTE(914werke @ Jun 14 2022, 07:34 PM) *

Just visiting this to apply (self) pressure. wacko.gif
Click to view attachment
Is this the event T ?

@914werke yes except it will be green .
tygaboy
Oh boy... A bit of a high speed preview creating part of something one of you lucky attendees will be taking home! It's less than 40 seconds long so well worth the time investment! lol-2.gif
Note this is a test piece to prove out the settings. Final versions look a bunch better.
See you next month!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yULgDhq8mU0
sb914
Way cool!
Can’t wait…..
worn
Everything is still up in the air now, but it is possible that I will be coming via Seattle after visiting my sister and my mother in law. Will a group from the region be heading south together?
sb914
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 15 2022, 03:48 PM) *

Everything is still up in the air now, but it is possible that I will be coming via Seattle after visiting my sister and my mother in law. Will a group from the region be heading south together?

I’m pretty sure there is @914werke
914werke
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 15 2022, 03:48 PM) *
More than likely there will be a couple of groups. Sort of will depend on route & departure date/time. Check into the the PNW thread for discussion & debate biggrin.gif
tygaboy
Awards, step after laser: the plasma!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4IkU6r1c9g
sb914
So awesome!
sb914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Feb 4 2022, 05:31 PM) *

icon_bump.gif Initial Planning Thread for the WCR 2022 in Brookings, OR for JULY 22-24, 2022

Brookings is a Southern Oregon Coastal town, 7 miles from the California Border with arguably the most "beautiful" Coastline in America (USA), where the Ocean meets the Mountains and the Coastal Redwoods.

We have a fun-filled planned weekend with some great events (i.e. People's Choice Car-show, Tech Session, live music, 914 World Quiz-make sure you know your fellow 914 members well) and spectacular drives.

As usual, we will have T-Shirts, Swag Bag and Awards Banquet.

We have the Hotel already nailed down. More info and photos to come. Price will be less than $100/night with Ocean views. NOTE: There will be ample Trailer space.edit

COME JOIN US and Chime in on this Thread.

Keep checking in this Thread for continued updates. Looking forward to an awesome event. red914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg ravenna914.jpg blue914.jpg aubergine914.jpg

Update: I talked with the manager of the hotel and there’s a huge empty lot we can use for trailers . No worries on trailer space! aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
This is going awesome. I can’t thank y’all enough for the support ,And I’ve already received pms from folks offering their help.Thanks so much !
I know it’s a long drive for most of you,but make it one of your weekly vacations.Take your time and break it up and enjoy the drive. … If you are bringing your significant other’s please chime in with totals.

There are 3 pet friendly rooms for our furry friends as well .
The hotel: Americoast inn 1215 Chetco us 101. Brookings Oregon 97415.
The manager is Jennifer 541-469-5345 just tell her the dates and 914 Porsche event .
The price is $94 per night plus hotel fees ( no state taxes in Oregon) first.gif
Something like $ 303 for three nights. There’s a 24 hour cancellation..
She’s holding ALL the rooms for us .please book ASAP. Please Chime in after
You book..
can’t wait……

Update 5-2-22 all the information I posted got deleted. headbang.gif so frustrating!
Let’s do this again …

The host hotel is fully booked. Here’s a list of other hotels.
These are not locked in for us so book ASAP
Blue coast inn

1216 Chetco ave us 101
Brookings Oregon 97415
541-469-2161
There right across the street from the host hotel .

Wild Rivers moterlodge
437 Chetco ave us 101
Brookings Oregon 97415
541-469-5361

Beachfront inn
16008 boat basin rd
Brookings Oregon
541- 469-7779
This hotel is ocean front expensive but super nice.

Ok first off I want to thank all the sponsors who donated.
The raffle is going to be all time .

914 rubber https://914rubber.com/

Pmb performance http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog.html

914 werke https://914werke.com/

Spokes lighting https://www.spokeworksled.com/914-led-solutions

Maddog https://maddogsmotorsports.com/

Optimusglen every registration gets a download of glens artwork https://www.glencordle.com/

914 REASONS https://www.etsy.com/shop/914Reasons

The cabinet maker https://www.914locks.com/

Pca7ggr Gt engine lids

Uro parts https://apaindustries.com/

Oscar’s cool swag

Restoration design https://www.restoration-design.com/store/SFNT

More to come !
And a special thanks to Chris-tygaboy for making our trophies…

Read ::Also Chris -Tyga boy will be hosting a dinner at the red barn on Wednesday
For anyone passing through Petaluma. (Makes me want to head south)
Chime in so he can get a head count as we get closer…

Registration is ready you can PayPal- Raposa.eddy@gmail.com
For those with no PayPal you can send a check or zelle me . Pm me for details!!
$60 and $25 for your significant others no shirt,goodie bags or raffle for significant others just dinner and continental breakfast on Friday.Please let me know how many significant others .Please use friends and family tab so “no fees”PLEASE include your REAL NAME,SCREEN NAME AND T SHIRT SIZE.Extra shirts will be $25 Registration includes Saturday nights dinner banquet.(The dinner will be at the Brookings elks lodge,awesome views huge bar and great food.)Dinner includes either =Prime rib beef stroganoff with salad and dessert,=. or Chicken fettuccine with salad and dessert no drinks. t-shirt , goodie bag continental breakfast on Friday morning not sure about coffee yet ,and raffle tickets for sponsors giveaway. “Thanks to all our sponsors”.
Got the shirts designed thanks to 914 rubber, got the drives nailed down [b]@retroracer
aka Tony will help herding y’all on the drives
About 2 1/2 months away. I just can’t wait to see all my friends and make new ones. I’m trying to make this super fun. There’s a few surprises.
The “schedule” will be in the drivers goodie bag.

THURSDAY:5:00 pm check in get goodie bags and parking lot Shenanigans.

FRIDAY 8:00 am ish continental breakfast, drivers safety meeting at 9:14 than the drive and return back.
Open lunch and dinner there’s tons of nearby restaurants. There are lots of wonderful hikes , short scenic drives and beautiful beaches all in town and antique shops for the wives . Judging for the “people’s choice car show” . Again the trophies are being masterly built by @tygaboy first.gif Friday night parking lot Shenanigans. beer3.gif fighting19.gif chowtime.gif rock_band.gif
SATURDAY
9:14 am Drivers SAFETY Meeting than another awesome drive and return. we will be stopping for scenic photos on both days.Open lunch. Tech session in hotel parking lot
And more. Small pop quiz with giveaway. There will also be a few of us jamming in the parking lot . rock_band.gif there will be extra guitars if anyone wants to join in .
The dinner banquet will start at 5:00 pm at the elks lodge along with sponsors raffle and trophy presentation. After dinner return to host hotel for more partying.FYI THERES ONLY ONE LIQUOR STORE IN TOWN WTF.gif they close at 6:00 pm take that into consideration.
Sunday say our goodbyes and drive home safe …. Thanks to all my friends I hope every one has a fantastic weekend.

Attendees:
Tygaboy-booked. = Registered 1 large shirt
76-914- booked =. Registered 1 xl shirt .
Panel billy- booked = Registered 1xl shirt I medium shirt 1 second dinner
J rust -booked = Registered 1xxl shirt 1 Second dinner
Valco Oscar-+2 -booked = Registered 1 xl shirt 1 Second dinner
Buddy V Registered 1 xl shirt .
Badinfluence
Rhodyguy
Jim Hoyland- booked.
Mikey 914-+? -Booked
914werke- booked =Registered 1 xl shirt
Ls1v8jerry +1 booked =Registered 1 large shirt? 1 second dinner.
Hndyhrr +1-booked = Registered 1 xl, 1 med shirt and second dinner.
Retro racer- booked =. Registered 1 large shirt
Dbf- booked
fl000+1- booked =. Registered 1 large t ,1 small women t and second dinner
Sportlicherfaher +1-booked = Registered x2 1 large t ,1 med women’
Cairo94507+1-booked.=. Registered 1 xl shirt
Mxkinn01 +1- booked =Registerd 1 xl shirt 1 second dinner.
Mark howard-booked = Registered 1xl shirt
Worn-booked =Registered 2 xl shirts
Vegas racer-booked =. Registered 1 medium shirt
Cone dodger
Marty yeoman =registered 1 xl shirt
Double-a -booked = Registered 1 medium shirt 1 extra dinner.
Andrew —-with dad ….
Dan10101-booked =Registered xl shirt
914-300hemi+1- booked = Registered 1 xxl shirt 1 second dinner.
Larmo
Jack standz +1-booked = Registered 1 large shirt 1 second dinner.
Motofoto= -booked =Registered 1 large shirt 1 second dinner.
Tbrown4x4 +1-booked
Piscean914 - booked =Registered 1 large shirt.
Jcd914-booked.
Strawman +1 =Registered 1 large shirt 1 second dinner.
914SIXXation -booked
Chiz914 booked
Relentless +1-booked
Thinair - PL. Registered xl shirt
Not lance -booked = Registered +1 Medium shirt
James j -booked =. Registered medium shirt
James j -booked = Gron parry friend Registered xl shirt
Kwrad - booked = Registered = 1 xl large shirt
Waltonsm =Registered 2 medium shirts 1 second dinner .
Bmartin914= booked? Registered 1 large shirt

Some information got deleted if your name got deleted please chime in

Hotel and trailer parking..Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

tygaboy
Another bump. I assume if you're planning to come, you're already signed up but when is it ever a bad thing to further promote WCR? cheer.gif driving.gif

Anyway. Here's an unplanned give-away goodie.
Whenever it makes sense, I try to plan my cuts so nothing goes to waste.
In the case of the award silhouettes, I figured why not? So I trimmed down the "scrap" panel a bit and folded the edges.
The lucky winner could hang it as is or maybe paint up a multi-colored backer so each car was a different color.
Hey, it's a freebie so I'll tolerate no snarky comments. happy11.gif
sb914
wub.gif man that’s cool !!
We’re just about a month away! I’m so happy to have y’all here.
This is going to be awesome…
Our sponsors have REALLY stepped up. Don’t miss out !!!!
76-914
@tygaboy I keep this on my metal workbench. Garage tested and approved! beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Remember this 25ft tall snow bank? IIRC, the Ski Lodge was open through June!

Click to view attachment
jcd914
OK I am finally registered! piratenanner.gif

Rooms booked and a near by campsite booked for a few days after WCR.
I'll be flat towing the 914 with my motorhome a stretching the trip out the rest of the week.

Jim
sb914
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 19 2022, 11:10 AM) *

I'll be flat towing the 914 with my motorhome a stretching the trip out the rest of the week.

Jim

Awesome. won’t be long now . Pm sent ..
worn
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 19 2022, 10:10 AM) *

Jim

I see party headquarters on wheels here…
sb914
Ok it’s officially 1 month away. I’m ordering a few extra shirts so if your not registered I can’t guarantee you’ll get a shirt or at least the correct size. I got tons of stuff planned.
piratenanner.gif And the goodies are starting to show up. BTW anyone have a drone?
worn
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 21 2022, 05:48 AM) *

Ok it’s officially 1 month away. I’m ordering a few extra shirts so if your not registered I can’t guarantee you’ll get a shirt or at least the correct size. I got tons of stuff planned.
piratenanner.gif And the goodies are starting to show up. BTW anyone have a drone?

I bought my wife and grown up kids a drone, but they won’t fly it. Getting close to time to stop working on the hell hole car and start sprucing up the 3.2. No heat, nor AC. But it does have a roof and two trunks, so I am psyched.
tygaboy
Shall we start a betting pool for who will win which award? smilie_pokal.gif

And for scale, those plaques are 4" x 6.5", the little one at the top is a luggage tag we did as practice.

See you in a month!
sb914
They look fantastic….
NotLance
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 21 2022, 06:48 AM) *

I've got a drone that I am definitely adding to the packing list after I charge it up and test it. It has been a while since that thing has seen any air time.

- Lance
Maltese Falcon
Raffle doorprize headed your way from deez guyz marty914.jpg
Enjoy those 914s !
Click to view attachment
sb914
Sweet Marty !!!
Thank you soooooo much ….. someone will be REALLY happy…..
Johnnog
I am new to the site and 914 world. Where do I register to attend the WCR 2022 in Brookings? I was unable to find a registration form.
Thanks
John
sb914
QUOTE(Johnnog @ Jun 25 2022, 09:34 AM) *

I am new to the site and 914 world. Where do I register to attend the WCR 2022 in Brookings? I was unable to find a registration form.
Thanks
John

Pm sent
VegasRacer
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jun 22 2022, 02:33 PM) *

Shall we start a betting pool for who will win which award? smilie_pokal.gif

There is no 'Best Non NARP' bs.gif . . . so I'm out. sad.gif
tygaboy
Just a little something to keep WCR at the top of everyone's minds.
Here's the final look of this year's awards. The plaque has folded edges around all four sides so you can hang it on a wall. The lower edge is tipped at ~30 degrees so it is all set to display on a desk or shelf, too.

Any bets as to who will win this one? @Andyrew ? @Dan10101 ? @Fl000 ? Good thing @strawman isn't bringing his Suby-powered car - but maybe he is, now that he's seen this? idea.gif

Maybe there'll there be a surprise appearance of a car with this Ferrari engine installed? Wouldn't that be something... shades.gif

I guess we'll all find out soon!
76-914
Or @JRust which is one of Geoff's builds. Nice work Chris. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.