Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2022 BROOKINGS, OR JULY 22-24, 2022
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
worn
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 18 2022, 12:04 PM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jul 18 2022, 09:24 AM) *

Yes, this is my version of a car that's ready to go for WCR. I need to invent a term for the opposite of "Concourse Weenie". lol-2.gif

Brother, nobody on this event list gives a rip about concourse weenies compared to seeing your amazing beast.

Good luck on the names.

Concours weenies? I thought it was either chicken or beef confused24.gif .
But I sure do wanna see the beast after you have posted at least a dozen photos of your approach. What does it look like in person and how long before something is upgraded? It should be the hit of the season.

Today saw me driving through S Dakota at 108° weather. Man and machine were tested. I am now in Gillette Wy. Turns out it is highschool rodeo week and all of the motels are full at 3 pm on Monday. Found a place where the nice lady said she might have a room if I would wait. Person ahead of me says he doesn't want to pay full price because of "what happened last night". He leaves and the lady asks me if I still wanted to check in. I said yes, was given the key to someone elses room, tried to get ice and dropped backpack with laptop - this laptop- and a can of high temp pressurized soda pop. Squirt. Fortunatwly, the place in Kadoka makes very good whiskey.

Montana tomorrow! Movin to Montana soon...
76-914
OK guys. @SirAndy set us up. Thx Andy! We have a place to post our WCR 2022 pic's. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=360715
worn
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 18 2022, 05:06 PM) *

OK guys. @SirAndy set us up. Thx Andy! We have a place to post our WCR 2022 pic's. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=360715

or whatever reason (me being a dumbass) my live uploader posts havent gone anywhere but nowhere.
sb914
Holy cow two more days !
Bring chairs for parking lot Shenanigans.
The weather is going to be awesome!! “Sea”
Y’all soon!
ValcoOscar
Can't wait....

Who can name these guys from WCR2019? (winners of my 914 spirit award)

Bonus if you can name others in photo

Left to right????

You can't name yourself ar15.gif

O

Click to view attachment
worn
After yesterday and 208° I virtuously got started from Gillette at 6:30. And after returning for a forgotten item almost 150 miles got started again at 10:00 am. So much for virtue. Nice day here in the Rockies. How I miss the mountains. Sometimes my 914 was the only car in sight on I-90.
worn
Westwards

Click to view attachment
sb914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 19 2022, 10:50 AM) *

Can't wait....

Left to right????

O

Click to view attachment

Ian car , mepstein, Bruce stone , chi town

Sir Andy
Eric
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jul 19 2022, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 19 2022, 10:50 AM) *

Can't wait....

Left to right????

Click to view attachment

Ian car , mepstein, Bruce stone , chi town

Sir Andy
Eric

How about you Eddy?
strawman
Two Chicken Fettucine dinners, please, for Nancy and me!
sb914
QUOTE(strawman @ Jul 19 2022, 04:30 PM) *

Two Chicken Fettucine dinners, please, for Nancy and me!

chowtime.gif
76-914
Who's the guy with a Red Mohawk? confused24.gif
Cairo94507
Ian Karr is in the number 2 slot (I think it's him but the hat is throwing me off a bit), Mark Epstein is number 3, Bruce Stone in the number 4 slot and that's Sir Andy in the science T-shirt with the mohawk. beerchug.gif
worn
Butte MT
tomorrow I am hoping for Oregon. There is a town near where I live called Oregon WI. Having grown up in Seattle I cringe when I hear them pronounce the name. Oh, hey dere Mr, it isn't supposed to sound like that don't cha know. Never mind when they talk about Yakima bike racks. Haven't run Sequim past anyone lately.
JamesJ
Is there anyone from the San Francisco Bay Area that is driving to Oregon apart from the 6 am(TBD) Petaluma meetup?
If so, please post here or PM me.
Thanks.
NotLance
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Jul 19 2022, 07:00 PM) *

Is there anyone from the San Francisco Bay Area that is driving to Oregon apart from the 6 am(TBD) Petaluma meetup?
Thanks.

My dad and I will be leaving from Martinez Thursday likely around 8 or 8:30. He's taking our Chinook Camper and I'm taking my 914 in a "mini caravan".

- Lance
JamesJ
@NotLance Sending PM
ndfrigi
QUOTE(NotLance @ Jul 19 2022, 07:23 PM) *

Thanks.

My dad and I will be leaving from Martinez Thursday likely around 8 or 8:30. He's taking our Chinook Camper and I'm taking my 914 in a "mini caravan".

- Lance

I could have visited you along with my cousin when I was there in Martinez last weekend. I should have tried checking here in this site who live around Martinez.
NotLance
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jul 19 2022, 10:40 PM) *

QUOTE(NotLance @ Jul 19 2022, 07:23 PM) *

Thanks.

- Lance

I could have visited you along with my cousin when I was there in Martinez last weekend. I should have tried checking here in this site who live around Martinez.

I've seen at least 2 other 914's in the area - never while driving mine though. One was a track car -6 conversion at a mechanic's and the other was a (Guards?) red with appearance group and side decals. Maybe someone on the forum?
sb914
We got some swag from Haggerty. The guy I talked to was super cool.
He donated bags , pens, stickers, mags . Hopefully he will chime in ..
JRust
This is the most unprepared I will be. Got my car started last night for the 1st time in 8 months. Still have a really full day of work before I can head down. I put a whopping 2 miles on my car last night to test it out.
waltonsm
Due to a bunch of nonsense that came up over the last week I am running late… will be leaving Seattle Friday before noon. Doing once over now!

Looking forward to meeting you all soon.

Steve
Tonyooc
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 21 2022, 08:28 AM) *

This is the most unprepared I will be. Got my car started last night for the 1st time in 8 months. Still have a really full day of work before I can head down. I put a whopping 2 miles on my car last night to test it out.

I remember someone working on his shifter in red rocks. I see a trend lol...have fun, wish I was there
Rand
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Jul 22 2022, 07:37 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 21 2022, 08:28 AM) *

I remember someone working on his shifter in red rocks. I see a trend lol...have fun, wish I was there

Or a radiator in the parking lot. Stepping up!
914werke
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 22 2022, 08:34 AM) *

OR a Welding job in the park lot at the hotel in Lancaster with a welder bought that night & returned the next morn! w00t.gif
Rand
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 22 2022, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 22 2022, 08:34 AM) *

OR a Welding job in the park lot at the hotel in Lancaster with a welder bought that night & returned the next morn! w00t.gif

Haha, yes that was epic. Although I have ethical issues with someone buying something new with the full intention of only using once and returning it. If he would have rented the welder, that would have been 100% awesome.
ValcoOscar
Ditto

Thx Eddy and Munda, love you guys!!!

HUGE shout out to all WCR sponsors, special thanks to Mark of 914Rubber.
It was nice putting faces to screen names.

Thank you Greg @coondog for allowing me to continue your 914 dreams. I will forever be grateful.

Miss you buddy RIP...

Also , thank you to all the wives that made my wife feel welcomed.

This community ROCKS

Oscar
ValcoOscar
I forgot these at home...so any WCR attendee can chime in to select ONE...FREE...$3.50 shipping

1.00L 914 Pins

First come first served

I only have these, once they are gone, they are gone

Oscar

Red: Sb914
Yellow: LS1V8Jerry
Orange: sportlicherFahrer

Creamsicle: 914Werke
Bumblebee: scallyk9
Blue : drem914
Blue: 914SIXXation

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 26 2022, 07:08 PM) *

I forgot these at home...so any WCR attendee can chime in to select ONE...FREE...$3.50 shipping

1.00L 914 Pins

First come first served

Oscar

nice!
914SIXXation
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 26 2022, 09:08 PM) *

1.00L 914 Pins

First come first served

Oscar

Oh Oscar, I would LOVE to have a BLUE one!

Fingers crossed you still have them. If no blue then

Yellow

Orange

Red

White

Black

Thanks!

Cheers,
Margie driving-girl.gif margie_914.jpg :
LS1V8Jerry
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Jul 27 2022, 12:07 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jul 26 2022, 09:08 PM) *

1.00L 914 Pins

First come first served

Oscar

Oh Oscar, I would LOVE to have a BLUE one!

Fingers crossed you still have them. If no blue then

Yellow

Orange

Red

White

Black

Thanks!

Cheers,
Margie driving-girl.gif margie_914.jpg :

Put me down for the yellow one… LS1Jerry
sb914
Red if still available
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jul 27 2022, 06:38 AM) *

Red if still available

DONE beerchug.gif
drem914
Oscar I would like to get the other Blue one if it is still available.

Thx, Franz
914werke

1.00L 914 Pins

First come first served

Oscar

Oscar your generosity is overwhelming. I missed the event but if you have a creamsicle ver available Ill take that ... or any....

For any attendees:
It would be cool to see some pics of the raffle winners & their bounty?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 27 2022, 08:18 AM) *

1.00L 914 Pins

First come first served

Oscar

Oscar your generosity is overwhelming. I missed the event but if you have a creamsicle ver available Ill take that ... or any....

For any attendees:
It would be cool to see some pics of the raffle winners & their bounty?

creamsicle: Rich

beerchug.gif
sb914
Now that the dust has settled.
I first and foremost would like to thank my wife Munda for encouraging
To take this on.
I also want to thank all the people-sponsors who donated to the event.
Attendees please thank our sponsors..
I also want to thank Chris-Tyga boy for making the trophies.
Thanks to tony - retro racer for helping with the drives. Thanks to billy - panel billy
For making the name tags. Thanks to Oscar for being Oscar and helping me along the way.
Thanks to Margie for my wonderful pillow. I was over the moon when Oscar opened it and handed it to me . Thanks Noel for helping organize dinners.
Also thanks to Jennifer the hotel manager for letting us rage in the lot and Gabriel for
His wonderful piano playing. Thanks to mike for making the shirts.
Thanks to notlance for making the video and for being the future of our cars.
You are a great young man. Thanks to sir Andy for the encouragement for me to do this and keeping the lights on!!! Check your mailbox!

I was so worried about literally everything. The Weather, the hotel, the food, the drives
Even the area. I was stressed like never before. I just wanted everyone to have fun.

I stumbled on to 914 world for parts for my car.I never would have thought I’d make so many friends.
And I mean life long friends.
Thanks to all who came . I know it was a HUGE long pricey drive for some of you,
And I can’t thank you enough. I hope I didn’t miss anything-anyone.
Till next year beerchug.gif grouphug.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Great event, Eddy! Thanks so much to you and Munda for putting it on, and for everyone else behind the scenes that lent a helping hand. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing their cars. The scenery up and down the coast was just icing on the cake!
scallyk9
I missed too but would love to have that Bumblebee pin to match my full-size one. I'll park it next to Rich's Creamsicle next time I see him.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Jul 27 2022, 01:55 PM) *

I missed too but would love to have that Bumblebee pin to match my full-size one. I'll park it next to Rich's Creamsicle next time I see him.

Done: see post #428

Oscar
drem914

1.00L 914 Pins

First come first served

Oscar

Creamsicle: 914Werke
Bumblebee: scallyk9
Blue : drem914
Blue: 914SIXXation

Oscar you never stop amazing me. You are a truly a giving soul.
ndfrigi
If there is extra Red sir Oscar, can I take 1 too? But off course priority those who attend the WCR.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jul 27 2022, 06:22 PM) *

If there is extra Red sir Oscar, can I take 1 too? But off course priority those who attend the WCR.

Whoops, my bad......I DIDN'T READ...... I was too impressed with Oscar's work!

I wasn't able to attend WCR this year so totally understand. Please let the first WCR participant that wants a blue one have the one I reserved in error. I TOTALLY understand! Great work on these little guys!

Cheers,
Margie
driving-girl.gif
margie_914.jpg pray.gif new_shocked.gif

Please let me know if you make them again...... I'll order several of them for myself and gifts.... they are cool!
914werke
I forgot these at home...so any WCR attendee can chime in to select ONE...

1.00L 914 Pins
First come first served
Oscar
Click to view attachment
@ValcoOscar
Thanks Oscar! Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.