QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 28 2023, 12:47 PM) *

Nine. One. Four.

Well... 9 4 1 but you cant win em all
Elvira
Keys Please.
jim_hoyland
‘89 Turbo
markhoward
Foggy tried to get me by illuminating the alternator light when I was leaving for rennsport. Not having that so moved to contingency plan after spending a few minutes checking everything. Think its a bad alternator but this will do for now.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
AZBanks
The throttle housing broke on the way to RSR. We are here now but we are in desperate need of a new housing. My car is running carbs.
Any help would be appreciated.
Eric.
SKL1
Stopped at Canepa on the way this morning and did see Brutus in the shop partially disassembled. Lots of eye candy there, both in the shop and for sale.
Then onto Laguna- yes, lots of traffic!

Saw a few 914's and watched Rod Emery driving the '51 out onto the track with the Sonauto car. Thankfully the 991 corral is on pavement, otherwise it would take a couple weeks to clean the car when I get home!

Chatted with Pete Stout briefly and talked with Peter Brock, since I'd seen him this spring when I picked up an Aerovault. Saw Eric Shea but didn't get a chance to say hi.

Two favourites from today.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
second wind
Thank you very much for the new pictures....please keep them coming.....thank you very much!!!!
gg
Steve
Crappy 914 coral compared to last time.
Click to view attachment
Elvira
Stage Show.
JamesJ
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Sep 28 2023, 03:58 PM) *

The throttle housing broke on the way to RSR. We are here now but we are in desperate need of a new housing. My car is running carbs.
Any help would be appreciated.
Eric.

Sending PM
Elvira
Super Star.
Dominic
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Sep 26 2023, 09:27 PM) *

Left Spokane this morning. 3 74's and a 75 911. 4 50ish year old cars driven by 4 60+ year old idiots. Wish us luck.Click to view attachment

driving.gif You guys are brave, my wife spotted your caravan this morning on Hwy 101 just south of San Jose. I took the 914 down later this afternoon made it down here by night fall. See you all in the corral.
Elvira
Tarpys Restaurant. 5 Star review.
Elvira
S. S. Minnow.
markhoward
Click to view attachment
Michael N
Great first day! Didn’t take as many photos but will do tomorrow. Did take some pictures at dinner. Kathy was happy to get to paint her nails the color of the trim on her car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

tygaboy
Don't miss the 000 booth. Stop in, say hi and hear about the just-announced 000 Pike's Peak Edition Turbo S!
Elvira
Missionary.
Elvira
Flying Diamond.
Elvira
Grid.
Elvira
Rack.
Elvira
Half 'n' half.
dlkawashima
This is the engine to the #29 Frank 914 (see J.P.'s image above). This is after the afternoon practice session. JB Weld, anyone?

Click to view attachment
Elvira
# 29
Elvira
Ditto.
Elvira
Sweet Sixteen.
dlkawashima
The #69 914 is very fast. Periscope and a big ol' pipe make for an interesting setup.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Mission X is here ... for some reason in the Heritage tent.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(Dominic @ Sep 28 2023, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Sep 26 2023, 09:27 PM) *

Left Spokane this morning. 3 74's and a 75 911. 4 50ish year old cars driven by 4 60+ year old idiots. Wish us luck.Click to view attachment

driving.gif You guys are brave, my wife spotted your caravan this morning on Hwy 101 just south of San Jose. I took the 914 down later this afternoon made it down here by night fall. See you all in the corral.

We made it and two of us will be at the crap 914 corral today. I have my Bumblebee and my buddy has his Ravenna 74. I was so disappointed in the coral compared to 2018. Talk about putting the 914s at the kids table in the other room.

The Ravenna car lost a CV joint about a mile from our hotel in Bend. We were parked just off 97. A truck comes by and says, "hey, you guys headed to Rennsport?" Yep. "Do you need help"? Yep. Lost a CV. "I'll call my brother, he lives just down the road and has a bunch of parts". A guy named Parker rolls up in a white Cayenne and has just cut a whole trailing arm with complete half shaft assembly from a parts car. The car was towed to the Bend Porsche dealership which has a dedicated classic tech and space. The guys name is Steve Byers. He had us back on the road by 11am Wednesday. Porsche of Bend rocks and many thanks to Parker in Bend. Breaking down sucks, but getting saved by the small 914 world, and a dealership that actually welcomes old cars helps make the trip all the sweeter.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
pt_700
thanks to a generous fellow here, i'm getting to attend saturday!

sadly, not driving the 914. the klr seems best to navigate possible dirt parking and keeping me from another speeding ticket through prunedale...

i'll be the one in the irish green tee with a signal orange teener on the front and the ear to ear grin!

mention this post for a beer on me!
914_teener
Good to know the Frank's car (Ginther) is still around and running full out. They never leave anything on the table.

Curious....does Porsche have any booth on their new synth fuels or demo's?

SKL1
Nice to see a dealer, and locals help out like that!

Hi-light today was running into Jochen Mass and JR Hildebrand when just out circulating... still looking for Mark Webber! smile.gif

Nice videos by Marshall Pruett at racer.com FYI

(saw the Mission X- just can't get excited about an electric car- too old school. Now ask me about a Lufthansa livery 914-6 GT, which I have luckily ridden in, or a GT1 race car...)
SKL1
Click to view attachment
Elvira
Teener Parking ONLY.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Elvira @ Sep 29 2023, 03:11 PM) *

Teener Parking ONLY.

Is that for real? non 914 is being towed away?
Elvira
To be expected.
Elvira
Canada.
Elvira
Turn 4.
Elvira
More Four.
Elvira
Full Throttle.
ClayPerrine
Betty found the Holy Grail.

Click to view attachment

I showed this to her .. she is eternally grateful to Marty.
Elvira
Museum.
Elvira
Banana.
Elvira
Margie Icon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.