Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
SKL1
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Aug 9 2023, 06:07 PM) *

I'll be working the 000 booth during the whole event. Please stop by and say hi. I'd love to put some more faces to names. Hope to see you there!

Just got the lapping pass for Sunday- looking forward to that before I head back to AZ.

Always wanted to race there and do the corkscrew, but I guess this will have to do...

Will look you tygboy- assume Pete will be there as well.
jim_hoyland
FYI
Steve
QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 9 2023, 05:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 25 2023, 08:04 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 1 2023, 06:17 PM) *

Anyone thinking of driving Highway 1 north , an excellent website give info on closures and expected completion dates.
And, the site is regularly updated
See: https://bigsurcalifornia.org/highway_conditions.html

Just depends if you’re in a hurry to get there. Last time I got a late start and took I5 up. Others complained they were stuck behind RV’s on hwy 1 and it took forever to get up there.

Yep...last time we went up the 1...same thing...rubber neckers...RV's no fun.

I5 through Hidden Hills...stop at the James Dean memorial...then Paso for a winery...and onto the 101 for the rest. Normally we stop for the night in the RV in Paso.

That's the plan for me. I will be leaving early Thursday morning. I-5 from the OC to the 46, visit the memorial than head over to the 101 to Monterey from there. Anyone want to caravan?
914Toy
Count me in.
FlacaProductions
I'll be there Saturday - for Laguna Seca events, we always head out of LA on friday night, get to Paso and overnight there. Get up early, grab some coffee and head out - see you there.
Cairo94507
I am pretty sure my brother and I will be there Friday. I could not get coral parking so we are not going to be in the 6. sad.gif
BillJ
I am renting an m3 for the week so no parade laps for me and my son. Anyone have a spare seat or two?
BillJ
Anybody? Lol
Maltese Falcon
Well we got the call from RR7 comittee and they said bring it ! Look for us in the Tent biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Betty
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 12 2023, 02:18 PM) *

Well we got the call from RR7 comittee and they said bring it ! Look for us in the Tent biggrin.gif

Woo Hoo! SO looking forward to seeing you!!!
bkrantz
My buddy got the invite to race his 914 in the PCA group, so I might be driving my truck so I can help transport stuff. No personal Porsche for me, but I get to crew and hang out in the hot pits.
914SIXXation

Click to view attachment

So AWESOME that your 914 will be there!

I'm coming up with my 914-6. Looking forward to a great event.
I have corral parking......

Cheers,
Margie driving-girl.gif
Steve
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 9 2023, 08:31 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 9 2023, 05:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 25 2023, 08:04 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 1 2023, 06:17 PM) *

Anyone thinking of driving Highway 1 north , an excellent website give info on closures and expected completion dates.
And, the site is regularly updated
See: https://bigsurcalifornia.org/highway_conditions.html

Just depends if you’re in a hurry to get there. Last time I got a late start and took I5 up. Others complained they were stuck behind RV’s on hwy 1 and it took forever to get up there.

Yep...last time we went up the 1...same thing...rubber neckers...RV's no fun.

I5 through Hidden Hills...stop at the James Dean memorial...then Paso for a winery...and onto the 101 for the rest. Normally we stop for the night in the RV in Paso.

That's the plan for me. I will be leaving early Thursday morning. I-5 from the OC to the 46, visit the memorial than head over to the 101 to Monterey from there. Anyone want to caravan?

icon_bump.gif driving.gif
We are going to meet at 6am, Thursday morning at the La Quinta Hotel on Sand Canyon and the 5.
14972 Sand Canyon Ave, Irvine, CA 92618
Cairo94507
Steve, et.al., have a great time. It's looking like we will not be down there on Friday. Just got too much stuff happening around here to take the day. beerchug.gif
Steve
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 16 2023, 01:07 PM) *

Steve, et.al., have a great time. It's looking like we will not be down there on Friday. Just got too much stuff happening around here to take the day. beerchug.gif

I thought you were retired? poke.gif
See you at the next gig!! beerchug.gif
Justinp71

This would be awesome to see! I will be there Saturday...
flat4guy
Justin - see you there Saturday.
Dominic
Car Week is almost over but I'm already thinking about RennSport...

Just a few more restaurant suggestions for the folks staying in the Monterey area. Been to these ones a few times and they are good choices for the wife and or kids :-)

Turn 12 bar & grill
400 Tyler Street
Monterey, CA 93940
https://www.turn12barandgrill.com/
(Great food and atmosphere)

Gusto Handcrafted Pasta & Pizza
1901 Fremont Boulevard
Seaside, CA 93955
www.gusto1901.com/
(Great Italian food and pizza, they said they could take parties as large as 24)

The Oven Pizzeria
720 Broadway Ave
Seaside, CA 93955
https://2peasdmd.wixsite.com/theoven
(New York-style pizza plus calzones & other Italian fare in a casual, family-style setting) Not much seating or atmosphere, but great Pizza

Baja Canitna and Grill
7166 Carmel Valley Road
Carmel, CA
https://www.carmelcantina.com/
(Great Burgers / Mexican food plus a great atmosphere, but it's very crowded during car/track events)

Safe travels to all of you!
Cheers,
Dominic

PS: Don't be speeding around Monterey or in the tunnel heading to and from Cannery Row, the police were in full force this week. They nailed a guy doing 98MPH in the tunnel ar15.gif

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Mar 30 2023, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Mar 30 2023, 07:46 PM) *

Tarpy's Roadhouse restaurant aktion035.gif on Hwy 68, just in between the Laguna Seca track & Monterey bay. Great food and fun atmosphere. We also love the fresh seafood and ocean views at Old Fisherman's Grotto on the Monterey bay pier. The pier also has other great restaurants, tasty treats, gift shops & hot chowder for sampling chowtime.gif
marty914.jpg

Agree with Marty, and also on the pier is Crabby Jim's Seafood, we had a good meal and fun time there.

Hope to see people there!
driving.gif white914.jpg

Optimusglen
Some last minute changes of plans means I'll be able to go to RR7 this year (my first time)

I'll be flying in Thursday, attending Fri-Sun, and then I planned a fun drive/exploration day on Monday before flying back to the midwest.

914_teener
I'm out and I have tickets if anyone needs them....PM me if so.

I had the two day pass, Friday and Sat I think.

Got a last minute invite to Teahupoo, so can't let a once in a lifetime trip go by.

beerchug.gif

Have fun everyone.

Rob
VegasRacer
I now have the tickets in my sweaty little hands.
Sure hope I don't lose 'em.

Click to view attachment

Corral Parking is for Elvira.
Steve
icon_bump.gif
tygaboy
I'll be working as a booth bunny at the 000 booth so please stop in and say hi to Pete, me and the rest of the 000 crew. Safe travels!
wes
My son Winston and I will be there Thursday through Saturday.
AZBanks
I have corral passes for the 914 and the 944 so I am in a mad scramble to get them ready for a road trip.
My boys and I are leaving Phoenix some time Wednesday morning. We would love to caravan with anyone heading west on Wednesday.
Does anyone know how to get parade lap tickets?
AZBanks
Finally found it.

For parade lap tickets:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/rennsp...seca-pca-675195
Justinp71
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Sep 8 2023, 09:54 PM) *

I'll be working as a booth bunny at the 000 booth so please stop in and say hi to Pete, me and the rest of the 000 crew. Safe travels!

Will try to do! Do you have a pic of the 000 logo? I am not familiar with 000, hard to google that?
Optimusglen
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Sep 12 2023, 09:09 AM) *

Will try to do! Do you have a pic of the 000 logo? I am not familiar with 000, hard to google that?

https://000magazine.com/
jim_hoyland
Nice view….. smile.gif
echocanyons
Orion and I will be there for the event. We will have both of
our cars in the corral and parade laps
On Friday. If there is a 914 world get together we would be interested in joining.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Sep 16 2023, 10:21 PM) *

Orion and I will be there for the event. We will have both of
our cars in the corral and parade laps
On Friday. If there is a 914 world get together we would be interested in joining.

Where will you be staying ?
Several of us from OC are staying in Marina at Motel 6 ( Reservation Rd and 101 )
In the past we’ve had get together at a nearby place on Dune Rd
Salt wood Kitchen
I’ll stop by Wednesday when I arrive.

914Toy
QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 21 2023, 06:11 PM) *

I'm out and I have tickets if anyone needs them....PM me if so.

I had the two day pass, Friday and Sat I think.

Got a last minute invite to Teahupoo, so can't let a once in a lifetime trip go by.

beerchug.gif

Have fun everyone.

Rob

Sent you a PM.
echocanyons
Hi Jim,
We are staying at the country in in Marina.
We are both in if we do meet! Salt Wood Kit hen sounds good.

[/quote]

Where will you be staying ?
Several of us from OC are staying in Marina at Motel 6 ( Reservation Rd and 101 )
In the past we’ve had get together at a nearby place on Dune Rd
Salt wood Kitchen
I’ll stop by Wednesday when I arrive.
[/quote]
914-300Hemi
Michelle and I will be at there also.
Have 911 74-86 corral parking but no running 911.

Looking for 914 or Cayman corral parking.

See everyone there.
SKL1
Headed out from the PHX area early Wednesday AM and staying in Bakersfield for the night. Hopefully the 991 corral won't be full by the time I get there Thursday morning...

Look forward to checking out all the 914's!
dr.tim
We will be leaving the Paso Robles area Thursday morning.

Would love to join up with any caravans heading through the area. Andrew (12) is always looking for an accomplice to hang out with.

Also staying in Marina.
davehg
Headed down early but leaving the 914 at home - towing the RV instead so my missus and son can join. Excited to see all the great cars again after a long break.
BillJ
So I know i started the thread but turns out we are not gonna make it!

I do have two tix (1 adult and one kid) for 4 days to provision. What do you think i should ask for em?
Steve
QUOTE(BillJ @ Sep 21 2023, 06:06 AM) *

I do have two tix (1 adult and one kid) for 4 days to provision. What do you think i should ask for em?

Bummer that you can't make it. Life gets in the way sometimes.
AFAIK tickets are still available. Adult 4 day admission and paddock is $205.00
BillJ
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 21 2023, 10:16 AM) *

Yes was looking forward to it!

Will sell my adult and kid tickets for 100.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(BillJ @ Sep 21 2023, 09:33 AM) *

Do you have a corral pass also?
Eric_Shea
Click to view attachment
BillJ
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Sep 21 2023, 02:39 PM) *

QUOTE(BillJ @ Sep 21 2023, 09:33 AM) *

Do you have a corral pass also?

I was renting an m3 for the week so no
AZBanks
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 21 2023, 12:06 PM) *

OT for this thread but I want to throw it out there.

Eric,

I was on the phone a couple times with Alex today requesting help with a problem of my own creation. Alex was extremely helpful, polite, and professional.

DBF
Anyone looking for a 4-day General Admission and Paddock Ticket for $100.

I was planning to drive to CO in my Jeep and trail ride on my way to CA, but my Jeep decided it needed some new parts that won't get here in time to make this trip.
JamesJ
No longer needed...got tickets!

@BillJ
@DBF
Michael N
Our corral parking looks like it will be up on the hill side.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

echocanyons
Probably in the parking lot that is adjacent to it. Definite dust storm unlike last time.
QUOTE(Michael N @ Sep 23 2023, 11:25 AM) *

Our corral parking looks like it will be up on the hill side.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

scrz914
QUOTE(DBF @ Sep 22 2023, 07:02 AM) *

Anyone looking for a 4-day General Admission and Paddock Ticket for $100.

I was planning to drive to CO in my Jeep and trail ride on my way to CA, but my Jeep decided it needed some new parts that won't get here in time to make this trip.

I’m looking for tickets. But would they arrive in time?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.