Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ENGINE REMOVAL 10-9-05
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Twystd1
Yo Bri,
I B there at tween 9:30 and 10:oo AM.

I bring the Skline or Vice a Versa if he no worky....

I tink I have rotors also.. i have to Mic em first to see if they be OK...

What size engine do ya have.. I forgot... And what part of the exhaust do you need?

And why are we pulling the engine out.. i forgot. I don't think you said why in this thread.... Then again.......... wacko.gif

If ya wanna strip the paint... I suggest lotsa liquid stripper and visqueen.

I'll show ya how I do it.. It worked for Scott. Will probably work for you...

Saw MattR tonight. He said he's gunna wear his blue G string for the occasion..

Dam kids... Don't they know yellow is faster?

See ya Saturday..

Twystd1
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Oct 6 2005, 02:25 AM)
Yo Bri,
I B there at tween 9:30 and 10:oo AM.

I bring the Skline or Vice a Versa if he no worky....

I tink I have rotors also.. i have to Mic em first to see if they be OK...

What size engine do ya have.. I forgot... And what part of the exhaust do you need?

And why are we pulling the engine out.. i forgot. I don't think you said why in this thread.... Then again.......... wacko.gif

If ya wanna strip the paint... I suggest lotsa liquid stripper and visqueen.

I'll show ya how I do it.. It worked for Scott. Will probably work for you...

Saw MattR tonight. He said he's gunna wear his blue G string for the occasion..

Dam kids... Don't they know yellow is faster?

See ya Saturday..

Twystd1

Sounds good see you then.
1.8 at this point I'm just puling the motor for general maint. Hoses, gaskets, plugs wires, cleaning etc. Who knows maybe someone will have some advice after it's out. I really don't want to spend a great deal of cashon it at this time, but I want to do what I can to get a little more life out of it.
Well based on what I have seen,and being a newbie isn't saying much, it appears I might need the whole thing.... At the very least the muffler itself....
I will have to take some time and strip it down before painting. I lost count of the number of coats of paint on the thing.
Hey Matt I have kids in the neighborhood, don't scare them off. I don't know if I have enough cash for all the therapy.... biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Please let me know if we need any more tools or welders. I can bring anything that we need.

I will be there on Sunday.

Also.. let me know if we need any parts. I can get/bring anything we need at cost.

B
jim_hoyland
I'm going to be in the area and will stop by
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Oct 6 2005, 06:50 AM)
Please let me know if we need any more tools or welders. I can bring anything that we need.

I will be there on Sunday.

Also.. let me know if we need any parts. I can get/bring anything we need at cost.

B

Hey Scott thanks. glad to have you. ALberto said he will stop by Friday night to see if I'm missing anything so that were not short handed on tools.
Spunone was nice enough to offer me some sheetmetal, but I need to know today if I need it. As I said previously my front trunk pan is wasted and I was looking for a doner. I'm wondering if I should just have some sheet metal cut and placed, or if I would be better off finding a doner? Anyone have any suggestions?
I think Aaron said he would bring a welder, I don't recall who it was off hand to be honest. I just need to go down and buy a dolly, will do that tonight or tomorrow..

Showed my 11 yr old your blog Scott he thinks your the coolest guy around!! smilie_pokal.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Oct 6 2005, 06:59 AM)
I'm going to be in the area and will stop by

Jim,

Very cool.. Glad to have another disfunctional individual there... Let me know if you need address, phone directions etc.... PM me or e-mail....
Starts about 10:00... C ya there...
TINCAN914
OK here is who I count as of today 10-6-05.

If I missed anyone let me know. Just want to make sure I got enough food and drink.

Brandon
Aaron
Alberto
Richard S.
Elliot (maybe) If he can wake up after flying around the world..
Brad R.
Crazy Hippy
Scott Kline
Matt R
Richard V619 (possible)
Jim H.
Hope everyone can make it, I need the advice, and I gives me a good excuse to have a few beers... (With this group, I think a few is an understatement) beer.gif
skline
So is it Saturday or Sunday? Brad said he would be there on Sunday and Clayton said he would see you on Saturday. I may have to work on Sunday but I just never know when for sure till the day before and even then sometimes I still dont know for sure.
TINCAN914
QUOTE (skline @ Oct 6 2005, 08:50 AM)
So is it Saturday or Sunday? Brad said he would be there on Sunday and Clayton said he would see you on Saturday. I may have to work on Sunday but I just never know when for sure till the day before and even then sometimes I still dont know for sure.

Saturday October 8th.
I screwed up initially when posted. I listed Sunday but put the 8th down for the date. Brando caught it and I corrected it.
skline
Cool, I am almost positive I wont be working on Saturday, Matt sent me a PM asking if I could pick him up on my way down so that will most likely be happening also. I will bring those rotors with me and if you can think of anything else you might need that I may have here list it here and I will see what I can do.
TINCAN914
QUOTE (skline @ Oct 6 2005, 09:26 AM)
Cool, I am almost positive I wont be working on Saturday, Matt sent me a PM asking if I could pick him up on my way down so that will most likely be happening also. I will bring those rotors with me and if you can think of anything else you might need that I may have here list it here and I will see what I can do.

OK cool... Glad you can make it...

Got a nice exhaust system sitting around collecting dust? The can is pretty much gone... wacko.gif

Toast
QUOTE (kdfoust @ Oct 4 2005, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Oct 4 2005, 07:03 AM)
I am thinking that you and Kevin should come over at least to watch. If I dont have to work, I will be there. I have dropped an engine and tranny in less than an hour by myself. As the locals will tell you, I had a lot of practice. If I can get my speedo drive gear fixed in the Chalon, I may drive it down, otherwise, it will be the truck and some parts for you. I know I have a good set of rear rotors here. I also have a few jacks and stands too. Tell Kevin (Kdfoust) to wait on his car and then we will all go over to his house and help him with his car. Is he doing the 6 in his green car? I was wondering what happened to him, he used to come out to all of our runs and events. Great guy. I may be working tonight which would put me in line to work again this weekend but maybe it will be Sunday and not Saturday. We will see.

Hey Scott. Kevin here. Yup, 3.2-6 into the green car. The engine is here. No f'n waiting on this -6 conversion. I've been messing around with engines for this car too long already. I already got the crew lined up. Three of "the crew," will kick my a** if I don't get this engine in the car post-haste!

See ya round,
Kevin
beerchug.gif

hijacked.gif
Whole Sheeeeiiiittt !! The aliens dropped you back off!! ohmy.gif

Hi Kevin!!

wavey.gif
Brad Roberts
I'm good for Saturday also. I was reading his topic when I posted that. I didnt read through all the posts (I'm a sorry sack of sh_t and I didnt really care who was showing up..LOL)

B
Brad Roberts
I'm having a BoxsterS engine delivered to the "Engine Party" can I get some help unloading and loading it into my truck? I have lifted them in the past with 3 people. 4 would be safer (I think Mueller threw his back out that time.. laugh.gif )

B
kdfoust
QUOTE (Toast @ Oct 6 2005, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (kdfoust @ Oct 4 2005, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Oct 4 2005, 07:03 AM)
I am thinking that you and Kevin should come over at least to watch. If I dont have to work, I will be there. I have dropped an engine and tranny in less than an hour by myself. As the locals will tell you, I had a lot of practice. If I can get my speedo drive gear fixed in the Chalon, I may drive it down, otherwise, it will be the truck and some parts for you. I know I have a good set of rear rotors here. I also have a few jacks and stands too. Tell Kevin (Kdfoust) to wait on his car and then we will all go over to his house and help him with his car. Is he doing the 6 in his green car? I was wondering what happened to him, he used to come out to all of our runs and events. Great guy. I may be working tonight which would put me in line to work again this weekend but maybe it will be Sunday and not Saturday. We will see.

Hey Scott. Kevin here. Yup, 3.2-6 into the green car. The engine is here. No f'n waiting on this -6 conversion. I've been messing around with engines for this car too long already. I already got the crew lined up. Three of "the crew," will kick my a** if I don't get this engine in the car post-haste!

See ya round,
Kevin
beerchug.gif

Whole Sheeeeiiiittt !! The aliens dropped you back off!! ohmy.gif

Hi Kevin!!

wavey.gif

Hey Toast! Long time no see.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Oct 6 2005, 12:49 PM)
I'm having a BoxsterS engine delivered to the "Engine Party" can I get some help unloading and loading it into my truck? I have lifted them in the past with 3 people. 4 would be safer (I think Mueller threw his back out that time.. laugh.gif )

B

you got it chief wink.gif
Crazyhippy
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Oct 6 2005, 11:49 AM)

B

nope, but i'll sit in a lawn chair and watch biggrin.gif

OK, i'll help, damned conscious mad.gif
Brad Roberts
Is this thing stock injected or carbed?

I need to make him a decent list of parts.

B
Allan
I didn't respond because I thought it was a definite no go for me but now it's a possibility.

I'll know tomorrow. wink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Headrage @ Oct 6 2005, 04:01 PM)
I didn't respond because I thought it was a definite no go for me but now it's a possibility.

cool allan. see ya sat smile.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Headrage @ Oct 6 2005, 03:01 PM)

Allan, Your coming down from Bakersfield? Shit I guess I better have some good beer then... beerchug.gif Cool hope to see ya there.
I think that brings the count to 14?

Brad it's stock, although carbs would be nice... Mayeb at a later date?
Of course if you think that boxter motor might mount in mine teen I'm up for a trade.. burnout.gif burnout.gif burnout.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
I, won't make it sat, I'am working, have to support my habit, I'll come by after all the work, is all done, happy11.gif

I'll, have to turn over the Club's KIDDS Supervision, over to a Senior Club member, one that won't spare the Rod, one that actually enjoys using the Rod, his thinking is, if they havn't done anything wrong, they will, sooner or later they will, and he likes to get way ahead of them, he likes to get it niped in the but, before they go bad.

Oh, and by the way:

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

The battery tray and the rear deck lid don't count
TINCAN914
QUOTE (V6914 @ Oct 6 2005, 05:19 PM)
I, won't make it sat, I'am working, have to support my habit, I'll come by after all the work, is all done, happy11.gif

I'll, have to turn over the Club's KIDDS Supervision, over to a Senior Club member, one that won't spare the Rod, one that actually enjoys using the Rod, his thinking is, if they havn't done anything wrong, they will, sooner or later they will, and he likes to get way ahead of them, he likes to get it niped in the but, before they go bad.

No problem, stop on by after work if you want...
Dead Air
QUOTE (bmunday @ Oct 4 2005, 09:05 PM)
The rust in the engine compartment really isn't that bad. Well I don't think so... THe holes are actually smaller then they appear. The rotos are nothing. Need replacement, just thought it was funny how bad they appear.

Shit I beeter go take out an equity loan to pay for beer... biggrin.gif

[QUOTE]

They only look that bad "cause you couldn't post a bigger picture!

And Andy says he'll sell it to ya "at cost". wacko.gif

this little shin dig could get expensive.

Don't count on Aaron bringing a CV tool. Make everybody show one "at the door" before they come in.

Come to think of it, you could get this "ting " rebuilt before the end of the day! beerchug.gif

Have a great day all!! Wish I was there!
Brando
Update: I should be bringing a pair of boobs with me, my old roommate (Rhonda).

She likes to get dirty with cars biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (bmunday @ Oct 6 2005, 07:24 AM)

If I missed anyone let me know. Just want to make sure I got enough food and drink.

Brandon
Aaron
Alberto
Richard S.
Brad R.
Crazy Hippy
Scott Kline
Matt R
Richard V619 (possible)
Jim H.
Hope everyone can make it, I need the advice, and I gives me a good excuse to have a few beers... (With this group, I think a few is an understatement) beer.gif

Ok I think Rhonda makes 12? Sounds about right...
Ok I have enough beer, and I think enough food. Who the hell wants to cook? I want o learn about the car.
You guy's better not stiff me.... ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
If I got to eat burgers for the next three weeks, I'm comin for ya....

beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (bmunday @ Oct 6 2005, 08:53 PM)

Brandon
Aaron
Alberto
Richard S.
Brad R.
Crazy Hippy
Scott Kline
Matt R
Richard V619 (possible)
Jim H.

Ok I have enough beer, and I think enough food. Who the hell wants to cook? I want o learn about the car.

and clayton (twystd1)
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 6 2005, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (bmunday @ Oct 6 2005, 08:53 PM)

Brandon
Aaron
Alberto
Richard S.
Brad R.
Crazy Hippy
Scott Kline
Matt R
Richard V619 (possible)
Jim H.

and clayton (twystd1)

OK so 14... This party will spill over to the streets...
Brando
Should I show up drifting through turns, breaking the tires in 2nd wearing my helmet like the last major BBQ? biggrin.gif
Dead Air
smilie_pokal.gif
HAHAHAHAHA
or you could take it to a shop and save a couple hundred!!!
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Brando @ Oct 6 2005, 08:05 PM)
Should I show up drifting through turns, breaking the tires in 2nd wearing my helmet like the last major BBQ? biggrin.gif

Oh this I got to see.... laugh.gif laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
you think this is huge?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...3&st=0&hl=party
bottomend
Man thats a lot of helpers! It should be a good time ( if you actually get anything done!) I'm brand new here but I must say that I'm quite impressed by the support you guys show each other. Over in the bay window forum of the Samba (my other addiction...) it's more or less the same thing except we're all spread out across the country. Have fun ya'll and we'll be thinking of you as we slide kdfoust's 911 engine into his 914 on Saturday!

bottomend
Twystd1
OK,,, So I'm a little fuCced up here...

We can't have this shindig without the Infamous SLITS..

It just wouldn't be right.

Slits... Do I have to come and get you?

or is Aaron gunna drag you out by your whiskers...

Cause ya gotta show... Hell, Skline and I need somebody uglier than us to be there... ya know what I mean?

And Bmunday hasn't even had a chance to make fun of your advanced age and knowledge of how you came to design the first Pyramids in Egypt...

So you in? And where the hell is Toast?

Twystd1
Hammy
damn.... Wish i lived down south sad.gif all the fun happens down there dry.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 6 2005, 09:32 PM)
you think this is huge?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...3&st=0&hl=party

Huge no, more then expected yes, but I don't care, thankful for all the help. Great deal of support!! Well wait it could be the free beer and food.... confused24.gif beer3.gif
Well either way I'm looking forward to it....
That looked like quite the party Aaron, .. There will be work for all cool.gif
TINCAN914
If anyone has an extra set of heat exchngers sitting around going to waste, I could use them.. Give me a price and we can talk. I don't need them right away, but hopefuly in the enxt month or two. Actually the entire exhaust system is rusted...
Aaron Cox
50 people showed to that one smile.gif
user posted image

lol2.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 7 2005, 07:22 AM)
50 people showed to that one smile.gif
user posted image

lol2.gif

OH SHIT!!!!
It looks like you had a grat time though..... Sorry I wasn't there..
TINCAN914
Here is what I have... This sound about right.... Got the beer and food last night..

Brandon
Rhonda (One of Brandons harum)
Aaron
Alberto
Richard S. Twystd1
Brad R.
Crazy Hippy
Scott Kline
Matt R
Headrage (possible)
Jim H.
I hear about this "Z" guy. I have seen picstures.. Would be interested in metting this guy. He appears to be entertaining. A little off balance, but there are many of those on this board. If your interested in showing "Z" have at it. I will just hide the live stock.. happy11.gif
TINCAN914
Just a thought....
I don't have a lot of chairs, with this many people I'm sure there will be s few that want to sit. If you have a beach chair, or a colapsable one, you might want to bring it along. I hope after the work is done some of you will hang out and B.S. want to make sure you don't have to sit on the floor or ground... Your choice.

Thanks again for all the great support, this group is Awesome!! aktion035.gif
skline
QUOTE (bmunday @ Oct 7 2005, 08:38 AM)
Here is what I have... This sound about right.... Got the beer and food last night..

Brandon
Aaron
Alberto
Richard S. Twystd1
Brad R.
Crazy Hippy
Scott Kline
Matt R
Headrage (possible)
Jim H.
I hear about this "Z" guy. I have seen picstures.. Would be interested in metting this guy. He appears to be entertaining. A little off balance, but there are many of those on this board. If your interested in showing "Z" have at it. I will just hide the live stock.. happy11.gif

Richard said he couldnt be there however he is very twisted he is not Twystd1, that would be Clayton. I for sure will be there as I am working at the port tonight. That means I will be asleep most of the time I am there tomorrow but my body will be there and part of my mind which is more than most who will show. biggrin.gif I am getting ready to eat my lunch now, today I have preparred a nice Harris Ranch Rib Eye cooked medium well and oh so tasty. See you all tomorrow.
TINCAN914
QUOTE (skline @ Oct 7 2005, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (bmunday @ Oct 7 2005, 08:38 AM)

Brandon
Aaron
Alberto
Richard S. Twystd1
Brad R.
Crazy Hippy
Scott Kline
Matt R
Headrage (possible)
Jim H.

Richard said he couldnt be there however he is very twisted he is not Twystd1, that would be Clayton. I for sure will be there as I am working at the port tonight. That means I will be asleep most of the time I am there tomorrow but my body will be there and part of my mind which is more than most who will show. biggrin.gif I am getting ready to eat my lunch now, today I have preparred a nice Harris Ranch Rib Eye cooked medium well and oh so tasty. See you all tomorrow.

Scott,

Good deal look forward to it...
I will throw a blanket and pillow on the lawn for ya.. wink.gif Richard wont be there, is that "Z" ? I removed Richard V6914 he can't make it... I got to get the names and screen names together....
skline
It just takes a little time, it will help when you meet them all. As for Z, I have not seen him post for a few days, not sure what happened to him. Dont tell anyone, but to tell you the truth, he is actually a nice guy with a family and everything, what you see here is just a cover, he doesnt want anyone to really get to know him. biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (skline @ Oct 7 2005, 11:45 AM)
It just takes a little time, it will help when you meet them all. As for Z, I have not seen him post for a few days, not sure what happened to him. Dont tell anyone, but to tell you the truth, he is actually a nice guy with a family and everything, what you see here is just a cover, he doesnt want anyone to really get to know him. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif I don't doubt it, but some of the pictures I have seen would scare most people... biggrin.gif
Toast
SLITS makes a killer hamburger! chowtime.gif
If he doesn't show up for this, then you should make it down to the D&G swapmeet in Riveside on Oct. 23rd.
Aaron Cox
brian - ill be bringing some extra TALL 6 ton jackstands, a CV tool, and taht piece of sheetmetal
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 7 2005, 01:42 PM)
brian - ill be bringing some extra TALL 6 ton jackstands, a CV tool, and taht piece of sheetmetal

Ok perfect...
Dead Air
QUOTE (bmunday @ Oct 7 2005, 11:22 AM)
Just a thought....
I don't have a lot of chairs, with this many people I'm sure there will be s few that want to sit. If you have a beach chair, or a colapsable one, you might want to bring it along.

[QUOTE]

And bring your own Beer!! mad.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Dead Air @ Oct 7 2005, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (bmunday @ Oct 7 2005, 11:22 AM)
Just a thought....
I don't have a lot of chairs, with this many people I'm sure there will be s few that want to sit. If you have a beach chair, or a colapsable one, you might want to bring it along.

[QUOTE]

And bring your own Beer!! mad.gif

agree.gif givemebeer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.