Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ENGINE REMOVAL 10-9-05
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
VWnDRAG
Room for one more? unsure.gif
I've never dropped an engine but hope to do it someday. I'd love to hang out and watch how it’s done. Plus, how often you get so many 914 experts in one place within driving distance?
I've had idle problems, the hoses on my deceleration valve keep collapsing, and I think she runs hot. It's been a while since I felt comfortable driving more than 30 miles from home. For this, I’ll push it. I'm hoping with this many eyes and ears someone may be able to steer me in the right direction.
I promise not to be needy newbie, and I'll bring beer.
I totally understand if you’re full. If so, I'll catch the next one.
Let me know.
Thanks.
Tom
Allan
QUOTE (skline @ Oct 7 2005, 12:45 PM)
As for Z, I have not seen him post for a few days, not sure what happened to him. Dont tell anyone, but to tell you the truth, he is actually a nice guy with a family and everything, what you see here is just a cover, he doesnt want anyone to really get to know him. biggrin.gif

Scary.....

Small hands......Smells like cabbage... sad.gif
Dead Air
QUOTE (VWnDRAG @ Oct 7 2005, 05:05 PM)
Room for one more?   unsure.gif
I've never dropped an engine but hope to do it someday.   I'd love to hang out and watch how it’s done.  Plus, how often you get so many 914 experts in one place within driving distance?  
I've had idle problems, the hoses on my deceleration valve keep collapsing, and I think she runs hot.  It's been a while since I felt comfortable driving more than 30 miles from home.  For this, I’ll push it.  I'm hoping with this many eyes and ears someone may be able to steer me in the right direction.  
I totally understand if you’re full.  If so, I'll catch the next one.  
Let me know.  
Thanks.
Tom

[QUOTE]

Just go, already!
There's gonna be so many people standing around (drinking your beer) it won't be funny!
There's only room for three or four around the "patient" the others may as well help you with your problem!! beerchug.gif

Grab a thermostat on your way over and make sure to take pictures!
Brando
Crappy news... I got the walk-through on my apartment tomorrow at 9AM; I have to be there at 8AM just to throw the remaining furniture away. I hopefully will be there before 11AM, sans Rhonda. But with Toast, Clayton's friend (forgot her name) and Aaron+Matt, 3 pairs of boobs should be plenty. laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brando @ Oct 7 2005, 07:56 PM)
Crappy news... I got the walk-through on my apartment tomorrow at 9AM; I have to be there at 8AM just to throw the remaining furniture away. I hopefully will be there before 11AM, sans Rhonda. But with Toast, Clayton's friend (forgot her name) and Aaron+Matt, 3 pairs of boobs should be plenty. laugh.gif

see ya at 11
Crazyhippy
I'm leaving Camarillo @ 8am headed down the 101 to the 405 to the 5 in a Yellow teen.

I have a seat open if someone needs a ride (no fatties, it's only a 1.7 laugh.gif )

See yall in the AM

BJH (805)216-0333 sheeplove.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (VWnDRAG @ Oct 7 2005, 05:05 PM)
Room for one more? unsure.gif
I've never dropped an engine but hope to do it someday. I'd love to hang out and watch how it’s done. Plus, how often you get so many 914 experts in one place within driving distance?
I've had idle problems, the hoses on my deceleration valve keep collapsing, and I think she runs hot. It's been a while since I felt comfortable driving more than 30 miles from home. For this, I’ll push it. I'm hoping with this many eyes and ears someone may be able to steer me in the right direction.
I totally understand if you’re full. If so, I'll catch the next one.
Let me know.
Thanks.
Tom

Tom plenty of room, PM sent always room for more.
Brian
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Oct 7 2005, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (Brando @ Oct 7 2005, 07:56 PM)

see ya at 11

No worries Brandon see you when you get here.,
Twystd1
Booby's ???

I'm thinking about coming SOLO......

Does that mean Scott has to be my date? slap.gif

Never mind... maybe Slits wil show up.... sheeplove.gif

See ya at 10:00 AM.. I have to go to a morning meeting...
(At Turners to get my new rifle ar15.gif )

Note: I will be unarmed for this event. wink.gif

Twystd1 ar15.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Oct 7 2005, 09:45 PM)
Booby's ???

I'm thinking about coming SOLO......

Does that mean Scott has to be my date? slap.gif

Never mind... maybe Slits wil show up.... sheeplove.gif

See ya at 10:00 AM.. I have to go to a morning meeting...
(At Turners to get my new rifle ar15.gif )

Note: I will be unarmed for this event. wink.gif

Twystd1 ar15.gif screwy.gif

HIJACK hijacked.gif piratenanner.gif

clayton.... got the new coil in.

all squared away... on the way to brians will be the test drive smile.gif
just need to hookup the gas gauge.... biggrin.gif
Twystd1
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude.. have ya driven it around the block yet... Does it work?

Twystd1
skline
Ok, well, I just got home from working at the port. They kept us longer to finish up the ship. I am off to sleep now, should be up around 9:30 or so. See you all later this morning.
TINCAN914
QUOTE (skline @ Oct 8 2005, 03:29 AM)
Ok, well, I just got home from working at the port. They kept us longer to finish up the ship. I am off to sleep now, should be up around 9:30 or so. See you all later this morning.

Cool glad you can make it...
Thanks Scott.
Aaron Cox
Im back... earlier than i wanted...but such is life.

In attendance...
Skline
Elliot Cannon
Mattr
Twystd1
Joe Sharp
one914racer
Aaron Cox
Brad Roberts
Crazy Hippy (BJ)
VwnDrag (tom)
Brando
Lagunero
Bmunday
Jim Hoyland

i prob. forgot someone... old age and all....

Pics
-engine from above... pre op...er...pre drop-
user posted image
the GRAND CANYON of rotors...as brad said. grooves prolly a .007 or so... maybe more
user posted image
how many idiots to drop a 914 motor and trans? give them food after the work is done! LOL
user posted image
hangin out....
user posted image
All the help you need.... brad and BJ...
user posted image
The second string players.....
what are they thinking???
user posted image
BJ on hell hole repair duty....
user posted image

TINCAN914
BJ is still welding and we're still sitting around laugh.gif
alberto
Brando
LMAO... he should be nearly done...

BJ is seriously damn good at that hell hole repair. Dude was cutting strips and has them welded in near perfect! Just a bit of grinding and paint and bmunday's hell hole a-la passenger side should be fixed smile.gif Just leaves driver's side.

Rock on!

beerchug.gif drunk.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Getting started
Elliot_Cannon
Got it out
Elliot_Cannon
BJ taking a well deserved break. By far the hardest worker there today. Grinding, welding and grinding. Good job BJ!!
Elliot_Cannon
BJ at work on the hell hole. Grinding, welding and grinding.
Elliot_Cannon
Engine on the work bench. Would you believe the bed of Brians truck?
Elliot_Cannon
Lunch break. Clayton (Twisted1), Brad, SKlein, Albert (Lagunero), MattR, Aaron.
Brando
do you spell elliotttttt cannon with two Ns or one N?

laugh.gif
Elliot_Cannon
A couple friendly neighbors.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Oct 8 2005, 08:40 PM)

damn! i knew i left too early
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (Brando @ Oct 8 2005, 08:38 PM)
do you spell elliotttttt cannon with two Ns or one N?

laugh.gif

THREE!!! Ya moron!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Oct 8 2005, 08:40 PM)

Damn, I should'a told the wife I had to work today.
Elliot_Cannon
Much thanks to the Munday family for their generous hospitality. Lunch was so good we've all decided that we want to make this a weekly thing.
Cheers, Elliot
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Oct 8 2005, 08:47 PM)
Much thanks to the Munday family for their generous hospitality. Lunch was so good we've all decided that we want to make this a weekly thing.
Cheers, Elliot

thanks brian!
smilie_pokal.gif
MattR
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Oct 8 2005, 07:47 PM)
Cheers, Elliot

agree.gif

Thanks so much brian. Hanging out with your family was just great, and the kids in the neighborhood made me feel young again unsure.gif
Brando
Brian, you've got a wonderful home and family! We definitely hope we're welcome back. beer.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Brando @ Oct 8 2005, 08:22 PM)
Brian, you've got a wonderful home and family! We definitely hope we're welcome back. beer.gif

I can't thank everyone enough for all the help and advice..
You are all welcome at our home any time... As long as Elliot can come to oversee the work. insert sleeping manager icon here.. biggrin.gif
A big thanks to twystd1 for fixing the dishwasher!! YOU ROCK!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif Next time maybe you can fix the washing machine!!! dry.gif

Thanks to BJ for all his hard work. I think everyone agrees, he kicked some serious ASS!!!! ar15.gif The guy works hard... pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
Thanks to Brad for making sure everyone got busy, and for getting my son Kyle in on things, Your his hero... smilie_pokal.gif
Thanks to everyone else for tkaing time from there families and weekend to come over and lend a hand. Iasked for help and you guy's delivered.. In many ways... When I can do anything including drinking your beer, I'm in.. I will do anything I can... Pictures coming shortly. I have an Awesome video clip of Brad doing some stunt BMX bike riding aktion035.gif
Crazyhippy
made it home safe and sound...

Had a moron driving a suburban try to kill me in calabasas.. didn't tie his suitcase on well enough and the wind threw it at me dry.gif unsure.gif ohmy.gif Great way to go from yawn.gif to driving.gif to slap.gif 914's slalom skills were put to good use, and i didn't hit anything aktion035.gif Not so sure about the cars behind me, somone might have ended up starting a long night sad.gif

Great to meet everyone, good grub, good peeps, and 914's, hell of a way to spend a saturday.

BJH burnout.gif
TINCAN914
Those of you that left early missed Brad the BMX king.. He didn't take the ramp... Kids down the street tried to call him out, but he wouldn't give in... Here is a little clip of his hidden talent..
Can someone tell me why I am receiving an error message while trying to upload the video clip?

THis is classic..

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You cannot upload this type of file

TINCAN914
Everyone working hard..... Especially Brad Someone had to hold the chip bowl... smile.gif
Albert, Brandon, Matt, Brad.. and Twystd1's ear...
TINCAN914
A-RON... Hard at work. Thanks for coming over to give a hand. Great guy... :trophy
Twystd1
Brad and I left at about 9:00 PM.... we closed up shop and took off home...

I just have to thank to Bmunday for the eats and the good times. Dude.. you have an absolutely incredible family. Good Kids, Wonderful wife (and cute!!), plus a sombitch of a 914.....

Bri, you and your teener were the catalyst of many fun things today.

This was one of the best times I have had with the SoCal Contingent.

Was fun to meet the Bradster and find out he is even uglier than what Aaron said.

Saw Elliot Cannon actually get dirty when he accidently touched a wrench wink.gif

Saw Skline half fall asleep through the madness. yawn.gif

Saw MattR actually understand for the first time how a screwdriver works. clap.gif

Saw a man named BJ fabricate and weld his ass off... Amazing tenacity. pray.gif

Actually saw Albert say something nice to MattR... (accident... I'm sure) rolleyes.gif

And there were many more people that showed up huge and participated in this wonderful ritual of helping another 914 owner out.

Bottom Line... 914 club members in this neck of the woods are some of the best people on earth.

What a gift......

Twystd1
TINCAN914
Thanks Brad for checking the steering alignment on Kyle's ride.. mueba.gif
MattR
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Oct 8 2005, 09:37 PM)
Saw MattR actually understand for the first time how a screwdriver works. clap.gif

They work so much better when you dont try to shove them up your ass... eh? ohmy.gif
TINCAN914
BJ (Crazyhippy) working again. The guy is like a machine. non-stop!!! beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
redshift
QUOTE (bmunday @ Oct 9 2005, 01:44 AM)
Sorry so many indivdual posts SirAndy... I am trying to load all pics on one post, but can't figure it out..
Everyone wondereds what Elliot does on his trips to Shanghi? Well here it is..

pinch.gif

TINCAN914
That's me beging told jusy how much trouble I was rally in.. What did I get myself into.... headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif ( alsopictureres Matt,Scott, Brad, Adam, and the small one is Kyle, My son, Future 914 owner. Loves them as much as I do)
Twystd1
So MattiasR... Duth thou hast an issue regarding the forlorn scewage of driver?
Ist thouswanton to place said scewage of proverbial driver is thouest bungholio?

Ye shall sloweth thee down and speaketh to Sir Aaron of Long Beach for mediation and calming influence..

Twystd1

TINCAN914
Aaron Cox, twystd19 (Claytond), VWNDRAG (Tom), & Jim Holyland (in the background) (sweet teener Jim, I still like the color of it..
TINCAN914
Clayton (twystd1) Prepping thhe engine to be cleaned. Don't know what got more water logged, him or the motor...
(He's a cleaning machine)
TINCAN914
Brandon: (Brando) the ladies man......Gotta work on the pick up line man....
jim_hoyland
Brian,

Had a great time, great project, and great company...Can't wait to see the finished car.
TINCAN914
BJ's Future apprentice... (My son Kyle, futuer owner of this car) smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Oct 9 2005, 06:20 AM)
Brian,

Had a great time, great project, and great company...Can't wait to see the finished car.

Me too.
Thanks for coming over Jim, was a pleasure meeting you.
TINCAN914
Another picture of the hardest working guy BJ... welder.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.