Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price of Jake's 2270cc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Flat VW
QUOTE (scotty b @ Nov 29 2005, 04:28 PM)
QUOTE (MecGen @ Nov 28 2005, 05:40 PM)
I have to admit

you guys are great Politicians.

Sorry Scotty...your rant has no foundation to stand on. The plain fact of the matter is at 35 an hour, you can't pay a rent, tools, and equipement. Are you a Body shop?

35 and hour insults everybody in the Automotive trade.

Nuff said

If you re-read my post this was a few years ago. I was 25, werking part time out of my parents garage so NO I didn't have any rent, I owned my own tools and I didn't have a business liscence. Yes NOW I do it full time for someone else and YES he charges quite a bit more than $35.00 /hour. Next attempt at insulting me?? I suppose your whole life you charged 60+ / hour and did everything perfecly by the book right?? I did what I had to to get a start and now I restore European race cars for a living so flame on flipa.gifY&ou want some pictures of my equipment as proff? or how about pics of the cars I'm currently werking on? What oh What do I need to do to get back in your good graces sheeplove.gif

unsure.gif
Hammy
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Nov 29 2005, 05:29 PM)
I have to admit

Sorry Scotty...your rant has no foundation to stand on. The plain fact of the matter is at 35 an hour, you can't pay a rent, tools, and equipement. Are you a Body shop?

Nuff said

If you re-read my post this was a few years ago. I was 25, werking part time out of my parents garage so NO I didn't have any rent, I owned my own tools and I didn't have a business liscence. Yes NOW I do it full time for someone else and YES he charges quite a bit more than $35.00 /hour. Next attempt at insulting me?? I suppose your whole life you charged 60+ / hour and did everything perfecly by the book right?? I did what I had to to get a start and now I restore European race cars for a living so flame on flipa.gifY&ou want some pictures of my equipment as proff? or how about pics of the cars I'm currently werking on? What oh What do I need to do to get back in your good graces sheeplove.gif

unsure.gif

unsure.gif unsure.gif

pray.gif
crash914
all right! I am out of popcorn..

can we all have a group hug and move on?

I know I have almost 9K in my engine...It still needs a different set of heads and exhaust... I should have had a jake..... sad.gif

damn good prices, great results!

Just buy it. If it is too costly, build your own stock motor for 2K.....
scotty b
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Nov 29 2005, 04:29 PM)
I have to admit

Nuff said

unsure.gif

WHAT you want some o' this too?? Huh?Huh? You lookin at me ?? You must be lookin at me cause I don't see anyone alse here! Where the hell is Alfred? Lemme have a crack at him. Bring on Stromberg while you're at it. Fuch all you mutha fuchin fuch's. Say hello to my little frin ar15.gif I had a shitty day yesterday and today and now some Canuck Fuch is going to question me when he knows NOTHING about me?? Learn to read THOROUGHLY Frank "$35.00 per hour for metal werk which is actually pretty low" Passed right over that didn't you?? Heres the link back to that page, I wouldn't want you to have to try and figure it out on your own! My post is a little over half way down, maybe you can get someone else to read it for you this time.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...&t=41890&st=120

BLAME CANADA pissoff.gif

(disclaimer) Parts of this rant were in jest, such as the first section directed towards John (flat VW)
I'm not in any way telling Canada to piss off, that too was in jest. Thank you for your support.
scottb
ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

degreeoff
prob allready said....BUT 6er time!!!!!!
Jaymann
19000 for that sweet Jake Raby Motor,that sounds like a real bargin.This thing has all kind of goodies.This guy blew a good deal.If anything,the price is to low, quit being so cheap.This guy Jake is artist ,check youtube out, look for 914 teens with Raby motors .Keep up the good work Jake!! Jaymann
Als914
When I polled my customres, 3M, Johson and Johson, Cardinal Health, to name a few.... this was their criteria: 1) Customer satisfaction, 2) on time delivery, 3) Quality, 4) Price, IN THAT ORDER.
What they were saying is, tell Me what you are going to do for ME, It will BE on time, it will be what you promised ME and at the price you quoted Me.
Due diligance is key in managing any business. If one can't follow those four simple steps...... get out of the business.
As you have exact measurements on your work, people who work hard for their money have exact expectations.
Ok....a bit harsh but it is reality.
underthetire
Um, newbies, this was from 05. A lot has changed with regards to raby. Its a good read no doubt. I'm not sticking up for either party myself, but I can just feel everyone pucker when this thread was "renewed".
Als914
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I over looked the '05 date. WHo would have thought it would be reposted? confused24.gif I'me out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.