Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: track car pictures!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
DanT
Scott and Chris are both very good friends. And good drivers.

Trekkor
Rich Bontempi
mudfoot76
Putnam Park

Me at the PCA DE this past April, in Turn 10

The second pic - a race car at our PCA Rennfest, 2005
URY914
Found some mo'

URY914
From the PCA club site...

URY914
MO...
URY914
tttt
URY914
URY914
URY914
ffff
URY914
ffff
URY914
A/x

sww914
My car, 4 years ago, an hour before it caught on fire and I had to repaint it.
john rogers
CA Speedway
john rogers
Very dusty Palm Springs Historics 2005
9146R
Infineon Turn 2
DanT
AX#4
DanT
nother
J P Stein
Will ya look at this.........
Sideways, one hand on the wheel, & waving at the cone chasers with the other.
I always figured you track guys were smooth operators, but this....golly biggrin.gif
DanT
thanks JP smile.gif
nebreitling
beautiful shots, dan -- your car looks great...

my only thought -- are you getting enough suspension travel running it that low?
DanT
Not getting any bottoming at this point. Car has been on Sears point, BW and Th along with AX at Alameda with no suspension bottoming out.

I have had 4 914s and all of them have been this low....with the same basic suspension set up.

Never had any issues with suspension travel.
nebreitling
I realize you have a lot of 914 experience. the car looks good -- very flat. I had my car as low as yours, but ended up raising it a bit when i measured how much (how little) suspension travel i was really getting. car actually feels better a little (not much) higher.
J P Stein
gone
Trekkor
in 7 at Sears.

KT
DanT
Gee, Trekkor's car looks pretty low to me? confused24.gif

Especially the front end. slap.gif
drew365
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jun 18 2006, 01:50 PM) *

Gee, Trekkor's car looks pretty low to me? confused24.gif

Especially the front end. slap.gif

Maybe he was braking in the middle of the corner, which is why he is behind in the second picture. poke.gif
DanT
No, Trekkor was not braking in the middle of the corner. I was instructing in his car when that picture was taken...he was passed because he has a stock 2.0L6 and Gregs car has a very nice 2.4L S motor that has a 8K redline. Greg was also shlepping around 185#s less weight, and Trekkor is still on the learning curve. smile.gif
drew365
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jun 18 2006, 03:40 PM) *

No, Trekkor was not braking in the middle of the corner. I was instructing in his car when that picture was taken...he was passed because he has a stock 2.0L6 and Gregs car has a very nice 2.4L S motor that has a 8K redline. Greg was also shlepping around 185#s less weight, and Trekkor is still on the learning curve. smile.gif

I was just kidding and poking a little fun at Trekkor. I certainly wasn't serious.
DanT
QUOTE(drew365 @ Jun 18 2006, 03:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jun 18 2006, 03:40 PM) *

I was just kidding and poking a little fun at Trekkor. I certainly wasn't serious.

I know...just giving a little background. It is always fun to kibitz about track stuff.biggrin.gif
But this time I was there....
blink.gif
URY914
I thought this thread was for pictures?

URY914
biggrin.gif
nebreitling
Thunderhill, 108 deg.
nebreitling
another...
Leo Imperial
Took these last year.
Joe Ricard
Here's the latest. some seriously sexy wheels huh?
brant
do these pictures have to be mid engined?

sww914
After the fire. boldblue.gif icon8.gif
brant
thats neat looking...
are those metal bumpers welded on?
and big crash bars?

pretty colors.

brant
sww914
Yes, it was raced on a local redneck dirt oval before I got it. They welded everything to everything. It had wire mesh for windows, and 2 pieces of steel welded on as a roof, and big dirt tires. You can still smell the budweiser on a hot day. LOL.
brant
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 28 2006, 12:29 PM) *

Yes, it was raced on a local redneck dirt oval before I got it. They welded everything to everything. It had wire mesh for windows, and 2 pieces of steel welded on as a roof, and big dirt tires. You can still smell the budweiser on a hot day. LOL.

I think it looks cool.
and I love the colors.
what does she weigh with all of the extra welding and metal?

sww914
Thanks for the compliments.
The colors were a matter of what paints I could get really cheap when I boult the car. The blue was some baby blue left over from a beetle of my dad's that never got painted, and I intentionally didn't stir it up enough, leaving some of the heavier white toner on the bottom of the can, but I didn't have enough paint, so I bought some green that my former employer had left over from some serv-pro janitorial trucks that he had repaired and painted, $20.00 for that, plus hardener. I wanted bright colors because a team that I had pitted for before I built my car had a silver 911 with a black wing. Well there was 3 911's there like that, silver with a black wing, and nobody could figure out which was which unless they were on the front strait.
I've changed alot of stuff since I last weighed it, it was 1855lbs then, I think it's probably 125lbs more now. keep in mind that there are no mouldings or trim of any kind, the doors are only skins with 6oz. latches, no handles, no latches anywhere else, no lights but an oil light and brake lights, most of the wire harness is gone, etc., etc. It's mostly just a shell with an engine, cage, fuel cell, fire system, and brakes. I'm going to corner balance and align it in the next couple of weeks, then I'll know for sure.
Funny how I'll spend alot of time and money to take 10# off of my car, but I'll be damned if I do anything to take 10# off of my gut.
TimT
non-teener
TimT
Bill showing me around Summit before he turns up the boost

nynone4
Last weekend in my old car - now owned by Mike Matthews (mikelsr).
sixnotfour
upper right corner
quik914
Here are the most recent autocross pictures from the PCA event 6/25.
quik914
and #2
nebreitling
mo' Thunderhill!

URY914
Stole these from a guy's LeMans site biggrin.gif

These are from the LeMans Classic races run after the 24 hours.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.