Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess this Mystery 914 part & where does it go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Pat Garvey
Wow, I'm underwhelmed at the response! Guess they must be some POS's that I picked up along the way. Too bad no one knows what they are, because they would have been free to whoever needed them. However, since I need space, they go out in Wednsdays trash.
Pat
orange914
are you sure its a 914 part? to me it strikes me as an isolating piece that goes on a stud for some press in type bracket
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 8 2009, 10:19 PM) *

Wow, I'm underwhelmed at the response! Guess they must be some POS's that I picked up along the way. Too bad no one knows what they are, because they would have been free to whoever needed them. However, since I need space, they go out in Wednsdays trash.
Pat

Geeish, must be tough when you don't know what the trash is when you throw it out! Must be a sign of age. <grin>

IronHillRestorations
Pat, a better pic might help. I can't tell if it's rubber or metal.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jun 10 2009, 07:50 AM) *

Pat

Geeish, must be tough when you don't know what the trash is when you throw it out! Must be a sign of age. <grin>

Stop it! Or I will send air bombs of needles & stitches. You won't like where I aim them.
Pat
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jun 10 2009, 07:12 PM) *

Pat, a better pic might help. I can't tell if it's rubber or metal.

OK Perry, here we go.

No, I don't believe it is a 914 part, though could be six (not likely). Could be a 911 part - been stoogong those things away too. Just don't know where they came from, but they are new, and there are six of them.

They are hard rubber, partno 243 032900 2. Suspect they are fuel injection parts. Free to anyone in need.

Better pics follow.
Pat
Derek Seymour
don't throw them away... you could be a millionaire

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=34978587
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Derek Seymour @ Jun 10 2009, 07:58 PM) *

don't throw them away... you could be a millionaire

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=34978587

I don't care about being a millionaire. I have what I need.

The ONLY 914 parts I've ever pitched, I did so this morning - a complete set of 1.7 enginr tin (marked 610) that no one wanted for free. It was just too bulky to keep anymore.

Now, these parts in question........
Pat
bob

without any scale to compare them to, they look like the bushings on top of the master cylinder... (brakeline seals)
-bob
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 10 2009, 09:47 PM) *

Pat

Stop it! Or I will send air bombs of needles & stitches. You won't like where I aim them.
Pat

Damn your touchie in your old age. <GRIN>

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jun 11 2009, 08:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 10 2009, 09:47 PM) *

Pat

Pat

Damn your touchie in your old age. <GRIN>

Hit a hot spot. eh?

The countdown starts on 6/13/09. If no can identify them, they become trash on 6/20. I have to get rid of some of this stuff.

You have the partno & pics. No one needs them after one week, they're trash (too bad, bcause they are brand new). Anyone wants them gets the for USPS rates. Save the whales!
Pat
TJB/914
Hi Pat, Great to hear your up & taking you med's. lol-2.gif

Not knowing the size it's hard to identify, but they look like the grommets that go through the lower engine bulkhead tunnel that holds both the gas fuel lines. They look identical to the ones I just installed. Sorry, I don't feel like crawling under the car to look. Here's a photo, they are in there somewhere?? w00t.gif

Tom, your 914 buddy.
BTW: I don't want them.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jun 12 2009, 09:14 PM) *

Hi Pat, Great to hear your up & taking you med's. lol-2.gif

Not knowing the size it's hard to identify, but they look like the grommets that go through the lower engine bulkhead tunnel that holds both the gas fuel lines. They look identical to the ones I just installed. Sorry, I don't feel like crawling under the car to look. Here's a photo, they are in there somewhere?? w00t.gif

Tom, your 914 buddy.
BTW: I don't want them.

Hmmm, could be (and vey happy to hear from you, Tom), but I don't thinks so. Why would I have aneat package of six?

I'll take some measurements, but don't think thaty are what you think.

Pat
Max914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 10 2009, 05:53 PM) *

They are hard rubber, partno 243 032900 2. Suspect they are fuel injection parts. Free to anyone in need.

Looks like you were on the right track... seems that they are Bosch fuel injection seals, aka "cup seals", possibly a VW or Audi part. See http://store.autopartsliquidations.biz/2430329002.html and http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/genuine-pa...seal_35897.html.
IronHillRestorations
CIS injector seal?
Lavanaut
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jun 12 2009, 08:14 PM) *

Here's a photo, they are in there somewhere?? w00t.gif

Tom...that photo make me all tingly, oringinality be damned!!! drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

ph34r.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Max914 @ Jun 14 2009, 08:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 10 2009, 05:53 PM) *

Looks like you were on the right track... seems that they are Bosch fuel injection seals, aka "cup seals", possibly a VW or Audi part. See http://store.autopartsliquidations.biz/2430329002.html and http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/genuine-pa...seal_35897.html.

Yep, that's what they are - the partno corresponds.

Now, the question is - are these for a CIS 911. I have one & other than that cannot explain why I would have them. Don't remeber buying them & it doesn't show in my records, so someone must have given them to me a long time ago.
Pat
TJB/914
Guess this 914 part?????

Clue: It's only available from Germany for about $4.00 bucks & costs $20.00 to ship. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
ghuff
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 21 2009, 03:02 PM) *

Guess this 914 part?????

Clue: It's only available from Germany for about $4.00 bucks & costs $20.00 to ship. popcorn[1].gif

Tom

4mm vacuum T off EGR and FPR to vacuum source on plenum.
McMark
Fuel line Y for early fuel pumps (thru 74). It's so pretty when it's white. drooley.gif Gotta add that one to the parts vault.
TJB/914
QUOTE(ghuff @ Jul 21 2009, 03:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 21 2009, 03:02 PM) *

Guess this 914 part?????

Tom

4mm vacuum T off EGR and FPR to vacuum source on plenum.

ghuff,

Good guess, but that's not correct.

New clue: Think 7mm & if it breaks your 914 could go up in flames. stirthepot.gif

Tom
TJB/914
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 21 2009, 04:03 PM) *

Fuel line Y for early fuel pumps (thru 74). It's so pretty when it's white. drooley.gif Gotta add that one to the parts vault.

Hey Mark,

You win. w00t.gif

Tom
ghuff
Damn. 7mm and 4mm are so close in a picture on the internet tongue.gif
Pat Garvey
This has always been such a great thread!

"Please sir, may I have some more?"
McMark
Okay, I was going to start off with a clue, but I think I'll just let this one run a bit first. I think someone will get it right off.
orange914
fuel pump in general or are you looking for spacific internal peice? is this part of the previous "what is this part"?

mike
McMark
Nah, fuel pump is what I was thinking. I thought if it were opened up, people might be confused. biggrin.gif
McMark
Here's an extremely obscure one. It's tiny and it's not metal.
RoadGlue
Is the part complete or broken in the photo above?
orange914
judging from your hand it looks like a broken plastic isolation washer from the back of a gauge. or a shunken window crank handle to door panel spacer biggrin.gif

is this peice plastic?
McMark
It is slightly broken, it should be completely round.

It's plastic or fiber (not exactly sure).

A hint tomorrow.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 26 2009, 03:00 PM) *

It is slightly broken, it should be completely round.

It's plastic or fiber (not exactly sure).

A hint tomorrow.

OK, it's way past "tomorrow". Hint please!
Pat
McMark
tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

It's on the motor and doesn't interface with the body in any fashion.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 28 2009, 09:59 PM) *

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

It's on the motor and doesn't interface with the body in any fashion.

On the motor mount for what year(s)? Don't recognize it for early cars.
Pat
McMark
Okay, long enough....

It's a fiber washer that 'seals' the thermostat cable. The cable runs through the center and the outside sits on the engine tin.
orange914
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 3 2009, 11:40 PM) *

Okay, long enough....

It's a fiber washer that 'seals' the thermostat cable. The cable runs through the center and the outside sits on the engine tin.

wow... i wonder how many of those are still around and on. we've parted 3 and owned 2 914's, never noticed those.
IronHillRestorations
The only ones I've seen are rubber.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.