Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Headlights Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
sixnotfour
I don't think I PM'd you as I was reading throught the thread I didn't see you wanting them. Sorry. Glad you made it in.

eric , no worrries I have been watching thread for some real progress.
all good thanks.

I gave Steve , Ralph Meaney's phone # , 1hour later Ralph calls me pretty excited to hear from him about his old race cars. Ralph's web site:
http://www.meaneyracing.com/index.htm
Martin Baker
I am number 11, and 12.

Just squeaked in. Good thing I came home for lunch today.

army dude
WEll, I appreciate the help but unfortunately I have been out on some missions and unable to check on this like I should. I will just wait till next time. DARN IRAQ THING!!!

Ian in Iraq...Again
Martin Baker
When I spoke with the guy, he said he would up the order number if more were placed. If you have a friend here, have them call anyway. Its a small market for these, and he went to "break even" mode.

Martin
BKLA
QUOTE(nein14 @ Feb 1 2007, 11:07 AM) *

Eric
When I spoke to Steve for Air Cooled Racing (717-432-4116) this past tues. he said he spoke to you and your order was in as well as mine and 2 others, and that was it! The thread was posted here as well as the former club site.

Pretty sad when there was 31 members the replied to the thread and stated they wanted the Kits. The price was based on that quantity, hoprfully Steve will be able to hold that cost.

At this point he will only be making 12 Kits total so when their gone their gone! So anyone else who wants one call him direct at 717-432-4116 no email orders.

Eric & Ian, thanks for the support. smile.gif

After getting a heads up PM from Eric, I too ordered a set. Had a great conversation with Steve. Nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Sometimes theses threads go waaay off topic, and I hadn't checked in for a while. My guess, given my personal experience, is that out of the 31 members who expressed interest, that only 5 - 7 will actually order some.
Qarl
He may make up to 20 or 25 kits, so if you still want one call.

It's Saturday. He's there right now!

Karl
army dude
I just got off the phone with Steve and we are working out a package for me for when I get home. So, I BE IN LIKE FLYNN!! What a very nice guy and accomodating!!

NOW, who wants to install it?

Ian in Iraq...Again
autohausdolby
I haven't had a reply to my mail yet sad.gif What address should I be using?
Lightweight_911
Matt - my original emails were bounced back so I phoned Steve & ordered the kits.

He gave me his direct email address which is:

limbertsteve@cs.com
autohausdolby
Super, thanks smile.gif
Eric_Shea
My guess, given my personal experience, is that out of the 31 members who expressed interest, that only 5 - 7 will actually order some.

Well... I did well with the GT Handles. I think only one person bailed. These things are hard to predict.

To be fair to the people, a few of them did say sub $200 or $300 range. Also, a lot of people needed to be informed that this was still alive.

Now... to expect a project like this at sub $200-$300 is a bit unrealistic as well.

This should be a fantastic buy at a great price. Many thanks to John and Steve smilie_pokal.gif
nein14
Thanks for the Kudos Eric! clap56.gif

Steve is a Great Guy , to offer to take his Real GT apart to fabricate parts for us is HUGH!! I don't think there are many owners would do that.

I spoke to him Friday and he is going to try to email me pics of the proto-type installed. I will post them as soon as I get them. smile.gif
Lightweight_911
John - any update on these ?
nein14
Actually I was at Air Cooled Racing yesterday for a Central Pa PCA tech session. Steve is expecting the parts back from the Macine Shop hopefully end of next week.

Here are some pics from yesterday smile.gif
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 3 2007, 03:16 PM) *

My guess, given my personal experience, is that out of the 31 members who expressed interest, that only 5 - 7 will actually order some.

Well... I did well with the GT Handles. I think only one person bailed. These things are hard to predict.

To be fair to the people, a few of them did say sub $200 or $300 range. Also, a lot of people needed to be informed that this was still alive.

Now... to expect a project like this at sub $200-$300 is a bit unrealistic as well.

This should be a fantastic buy at a great price. Many thanks to John and Steve smilie_pokal.gif

Eric,

Thanks for the heads-up..I called Steve a few weeks back and ordered 2 sets-
One for me and a friend.
Again, thank you!

PS Been out of sight for a while- good to be back thumb3d.gif
Eric_Shea
What's the story on that funny looking "Green" car and why does it have a headlight missing?? biggrin.gif

av-943.gif
autohausdolby
I've still not heard anything about this - anybody got an e-mail address I can use? (if there are any left)
Eric_Shea
I spoke with Steve last week. The parts were still in the "plating" stage. I'll try to give him a call today.
nein14
Eric
I was at Steve's Sat. for a PCA Tech session and spoke to him yesterday. Parts are still in process. smile.gif
autohausdolby
Thanks Eric - can you ask him if it's OK to do it via e-mail? I'm never around at a time I could phone, plus as I think I mentioned above I'm far too tight to place a trans-atlantic call biggrin.gif
Lightweight_911
Matt - use his direct email address rather than trying to contact him through his work one:

email: limbertsteve@cs.com
autohausdolby
Thanks Andy - I've tried that one before but I've tried again just now smile.gif Fingers crossed!
Eric_Shea
Matt,

You need headlight buckets before you get these lol3.gif
autohausdolby
biggrin.gif Don't worry, I've got them in a box at home - I've got 2 whole cars now and one of them actually has some parts! biggrin.gif
Guys,

Any further updates? I s/w Steve about a month ago for two kits.

No further communications as yet on my end.

Does any one know of ETA... not that I need those now.
Just don't want to have Steve think I backed out.

Thank you!
nein14
look on page 6 of the thread smile.gif
Eric_Shea
icon_bump.gif

Anything? confused24.gif
RON S.

When I spoke to Steve on the phone a month or 2 ago,he told me he'd need about that much time to get these lift kits done,as he was outsourcing the work.

I mentioned to him at the time,that if he was that far out timewise I'd like to just pick up my unit at the Hershey swap cause I know he's always setup there anyways.

He said that would be fine as he felt certain things would be ready by then.

I don't know if it's fact,but thats just where my discussion with him went.

Ron
Eric_Shea
icon_bump.gif

Anything? confused24.gif
911quest
I was thinking the same thing any word?
autohausdolby
(Puts broken record on) I've still not heard anything either smile.gif
nein14
OK, I know it sounds like a broken record but I spoke to Steve yesterday. He is gong to pick them up from the plating vendor and the only thing he is waiting on are the cables.

Steve said he will have them done before the Hershey Swap Meet on 4/28 were I will see him and pick mine up , and he will be calling everyone who ordered them before Hershey. smile.gif
kckoch
Just spoke with Steve. He has all the parts, however he was displeased with the cable splitter (plastic) and is having metal ones made. He is hoping to have them completed by end of month, and he will then call and ask for money, so he can ship.

Thanks Steve!
nein14
QUOTE(kckoch @ May 1 2007, 01:00 PM) *

Just spoke with Steve. He has all the parts, however he was displeased with the cable splitter (plastic) and is having metal ones made. He is hoping to have them completed by end of month, and he will then call and ask for money, so he can ship.

Thanks Steve!

Sorry for not posting the same info yesterday after being at Hershey Sat.

I did see and touch the parts ay the Swap Meet and they look great! specially the pull handle that is made out of machined aluminum and powdercoated black.

All the part look really Good, Steve didi a great job! smilie_pokal.gif
tomkirkcis
I may be way too late for this, BUT, if a kit is available, I would like in. thanks tom
autohausdolby
I still wanting one as well smile.gif
nein14
I believe they are all spoken for, I will let you know if anyone backs out or if there will be a second run, but I don't think there will be.
hwgunner
QUOTE(kckoch @ May 1 2007, 02:00 PM) *

Thanks Steve!

Almost the end of the month and wondering if anyone has heard aything??
RON S.

I talked to Steve last month at the Hershey swap meet.

I came with money in my hand ready to get my kit.

He showed me some kits already put together except for one piece.

He was waiting for the cables with the cable splitters in them.According to him he was not satisfied with the quality of the first couple of cables he received,and sent them back to get a better quality splitter.

He told me that when the cables are manufactured and are both cosmetically acceptable and of good quality.He'll be ready to ship the kits.

FWIT.

Ron biggrin.gif
PlanB
QUOTE(RON S. @ May 30 2007, 03:57 AM) *

He told me that when the cables are manufactured and are both cosmetically acceptable and of good quality.He'll be ready to ship the kits.

FWIT.

Ron biggrin.gif

Any 'new news' on this group buy?

Thanks,

-Ric

Eric_Shea
Yup,

Reliable sources say the kits are done but (as above) the cable splitter wasn't up to par. People actually put their hands on the kits at Hershey and they said they looked spot on.

I'd say the best thing to do is give Steve a call for an update on the splitter. I just spoke to Ron (above) today and he had great things to say about them but lamented the splitter didn't look as good as the rest of the kit.

Steve wants to do this right.
nein14
Update: spoke to Steve yesterday the spitter came out great, now the final part are the cables which he expecting any day.

Once he has approved the sample from the vendor he should have them all within a few weeks.
RON S.

I'm ready to go. biggrin.gif

Everything was there but the cables with the splitter assembly.

Ron
kckoch
Any new information? I sent my check off a little over a month ago. Anyone?
duktail
QUOTE(nein14 @ Oct 3 2006, 08:32 AM) *

Gauging interest in a Group buy for a GT Mechanical headlight Kit , it would be fabricated from Original GT parts. As soon as I have an idea on how many are interested the vendor can come up wiyh a cost, thanks.

What did the price end up being on the kits and are there any still available?
nein14

The splitter is done he is still waiting on the cables, I spoke to him last friday.

QUOTE(kckoch @ Jun 26 2007, 01:58 PM) *

Any new information? I sent my check off a little over a month ago. Anyone?

kckoch
Thanks John, left a message and didn't hear back from Steve.
kckoch
Talked with Steve today. Still working on them!
jaminM3
Wow, somebody needs new plating, splitter and cable vendors... rolleyes.gif

I can't imagine waiting 6 months for these...
kckoch
John, Eric,

Any news?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.