Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Headlights Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
amallagh
I had to drop out of this opportunity before Christmas 2006 because it had already taken over the original time expectation and I had to ship my package of GT conversion parts&car to the UK. It has been interesting (and considerably less frustrating) watching this from the sidelines.
I hope you all get your parts and the quality meets the high expectations that must have built up in peoples minds by now. If (and I hope when ) this kit actually becomes available and is proved in service, I hope someone directly involved has the fore thought to offer another batch for those mere mortals less patient than a Saint.

I look on with interest !!
yeti
Hi,
I would like to order 2 sets as well if still possible. So please count me in. How and where to pay? Please let me know.
Thanks
sixnotfour
I hope someone directly involved has the fore thought to offer another batch for those mere mortals less patient than a Saint

We are still waiting for the first batch. patiently

Any further updates?

Thank you!
nein14
I spoke with Steve yesterday, he is as frustrated as we are. the machine shop that is fabricating the swages is draging their feet getting them finished.

Steve has a lot of money and time invested in this project and to date has not cash anyone checks that have made payment and told me he wil not until he has everything for the kits, which is one part.

So that being siad he is committed to making this happen, so everyone hang in there.Thanks
kckoch
[quote name='nein14' date='Aug 29 2007, 06:57 AM' post='940122']
I spoke with Steve yesterday, he is as frustrated as we are. the machine shop that is fabricating the swages is draging their feet getting them finished.

Steve has a lot of money and time invested in this project and to date has not cash anyone checks that have made payment and told me he wil not until he has everything for the kits, which is one part.

So that being siad he is committed to making this happen, so everyone hang in there.Thanks
[/quote/]

Well I have always believed in the old addage "good things come to those who wait" So wait I will. John, please tell Steve we appreciate his hard work, and attention to detail. I look forward to getting mine!
BKLA

agree.gif

No problem in waiting. Just let us know when they're done!

chowtime.gif
army dude
I too will wait for good things!! popcorn[1].gif
nein14
QUOTE(nein14 @ Aug 29 2007, 05:57 AM) *

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!! piratenanner.gif

Spoke with Steve and the swages are IN!! So that being said the last and easiest item are the cables, he told me he will do his best to have the Kit avaliable to ship by next week. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
RON S.

Sounds good cheer.gif cheer.gif

Ron
Eric_Shea
Sill on board. Let me know the final payment details.
army dude
I am ready with cash burnin in my pocket for Steve!!
sixnotfour
Ready
RON S.

My cash is ready and waiting!! biggrin.gif

Ron
hwgunner
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 17 2007, 09:57 AM) *

Sill on board. Let me know the final payment details.

Me Too!!!!!!!!!! beerchug.gif
kckoch
Did we hear from Steve yet?
PeeGreen 914
Still interested if anyone bails.
nein14
QUOTE(kckoch @ Oct 6 2007, 06:03 PM) *

Did we hear from Steve yet?

They are working on the cables as we speak, should have something by the end of next week.
army dude
I want, I want, I want!!!
I wait, Iwait, Iwait!!
RON S.

I sent in my check a couple weeks ago.

I didn't wanna miss the train. biggrin.gif

Ron
Any updates?
jwhcars
I just got off the phone with Steve - wish I had known about this buy I would have asked about it.
Steve will be at the VIR at the Glen weekend of the 20th and then will be leaving for Daytona the 29th.
He is incharge of the Tech inspections for all the cars running in Daytona.
At this time there are at least 20 917 signed up and over 300 porsches.
So if you can make it to Daytona Nov 1 2 3 it should be a great time.There are at least 30 Porsche cars coming from europe that have never before been in the states.

Sorry for the highjack - if needed I can drive to Steves shop and see whats up.

Steve is a OLD SCHOOL kind of guy - Yes he has a computer(old one and he rarely uses it). I have found that it is best to call him on the phone
nein14
QUOTE(jwhcars @ Oct 9 2007, 07:45 AM) *

I just got off the phone with Steve - wish I had known about this buy I would have asked about it.
Steve will be at the VIR at the Glen weekend of the 20th and then will be leaving for Daytona the 29th.
So if you can make it to Daytona Nov 1 2 3 it should be a great time.There are at least 30 Porsche cars coming from europe that have never before been in the states.

Steve is a OLD SCHOOL kind of guy - Yes he has a computer(old one and he rarely uses it). I have found that it is best to call him on the phone

Dude, look at the post above for the update on the GT kits

I don't need you to drive to his shop to see whats up , I speak to Steve on a weekly basis on the status of the group buy. I've got it handled. smile.gif
QUOTE(nein14 @ Oct 9 2007, 09:11 AM) *

I don't need you to drive to his shop to see whats up , I speak to Steve on a weekly basis on the status of the group buy. I've got it handled. smile.gif

Any updates out there on these elusive head light kits?
nein14
QUOTE(396 @ Dec 16 2007, 05:49 AM) *

Iam as frustated as everyone else, spoke to him friday. He is working on a set of installation directions he told me he hopes to have them done soon.

He still has not cashed any of the payment checks.
QUOTE(nein14 @ Dec 16 2007, 06:28 AM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Dec 16 2007, 05:49 AM) *

Iam as frustated as everyone else, spoke to him friday. He is working on a set of installation directions he told me he hopes to have them done soon.

Thanks for the reply.. i too sent him a check ( sent in May 07) for two sets . Was going to give a set away for Xmas . I guess that will never happen:(

All the best for the holidays!
smdubovsky
QUOTE(nein14 @ Dec 16 2007, 10:28 AM) *

Uhh, Were we supposed to send in payment checks? When I spoke to him (years ago??) to get on the 'official list' and he didn't say anything about sending a check. IIRC, he said he'd take payment when they were done. Did I screw up?

SMD
Eric_Shea
Uhh, Were we supposed to send in payment checks? When I spoke to him (years ago??) to get on the 'official list' and he didn't say anything about sending a check. IIRC, he said he'd take payment when they were done. Did I screw up?

Nope... I spoke to Steve and was told I was on the list as well. Never heard about a check. Still ready to go.

Was going to give a set away for Xmas . I guess that will never happen:(

Awe... you shouldn't have. wub.gif

No worries... I'll wait, a belated gift is better than nothing at all! w00t.gif

I like this because it's one group buy that's actually taken longer than my suspension bushings!! biggrin.gif

Hanging in there...

E.
hwgunner
I was told NOT to send a check, that I would be asked to pay wen they were ready. I gave him a phone number and he said he would call. I hope he still has my number. Is there a way just to make sure that I am still on the list? Should I call him again and waist his time or do I go with the force??
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Dec 16 2007, 08:46 AM) *

I was told NOT to send a check, that I would be asked to pay wen they were ready. I gave him a phone number and he said he would call. I hope he still has my number. Is there a way just to make sure that I am still on the list? Should I call him again and waist his time or do I go with the force??

"I go with the force".... I sent my $ in to show that 1) I trusted him 2) committted to the buy.

Sorry if I caused any ill feelings.
nein14
Everbody stop worrying blink.gif

Steve still has the list of who was in on the buy and so do I smile.gif

They are coming an so is Christmas aktion035.gif
BKLA
Looking forward to getting them when they're done!

Remember, patience is a virtue! biggrin.gif
amallagh
John,
I've been following this thread since Nov 2006 and indicated I would buy a kit if it was sub $300 back on 1st Dec 2006. Recently I've seen mention of a 'list' and some confusion about whether money should have been sent or not.
(One one thing more frustrating than waiting all day for a bus. That's waiting for a bus all day, only to find there is no room on it when it arrives !)

Would it be possible to clarify who exactly is on the 'LIST', how many kits are going to be made and what price these kits are likely to be now they are nearly finished.
Many thanks
Andrew
nein14
QUOTE(nein14 @ Jan 19 2007, 07:25 AM) *

Update:
Just spoke to Steve Limbert of Air Cooled Racing who owns the Max Mortiz (914/6 GT.

He will be making a first run of 24 units of the GT Headlight Kit , at a cost of $339.00. This will be a duplicate of the parts that are in his GT.

All parts will be Cad plated and powdercoated this will be a complete bolt in kit.

To order a kit contact Steve direct at Air Cooled Racing 1-717-432-4116, he said the kits should be ready in about a month.

There my be some additional kit you need to contact Steve directly.
QUOTE(nein14 @ Dec 16 2007, 12:03 PM) *

Everbody stop worrying blink.gif

Steve still has the list of who was in on the buy and so do I smile.gif

They are coming an so is Christmas aktion035.gif

OK Christmas is here and Gone.... any further updates? Can I expect them by Feb of 2008?
VaccaRabite
Just thought I would throw out a teaser, even though I am not even on the list. I was over at Air Cooled Racing yesterday. Ended up talking with Steve for about an hour. I saw the kits. They look great. He is waiting for the cables, everything else is done.

Zach
charliew
If there are any unspoken for kits I will take one.
Thanks,
Charliew
nein14
QUOTE(charliew @ Jan 11 2008, 03:28 PM) *

If there are any unspoken for kits I will take one.
Thanks,
Charliew

All are spoken for at this time.

Any further updates on this?

Thank you!
Eric_Shea
On the phone with him now... Hoping to have them by the end of the month. Hershey at least.
smdubovsky
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 7 2008, 11:40 AM) *
Hershey at least.

Hehehehe. Thats what he said. Last year;) Still waiting patiently.
BKLA
WTF.gif

Jeez, give the guy a break. dry.gif He offers to build us a 914 6 GT headlight kit and he is waiting on a cable issue. He wants to do it right.

If you are tired of waiting, then build it or find it yourself. Its not like you have paid for the things and not received them!

I'll bet there are a few who would love to have your place in line!

I am happy to wait. I like his kit and I would like it to work without cable problems.

When its ready, its ready.
army dude
I rubbed my lamp and the gennie inside said he couldn't even make them without any issues so I will still wait. I am happy to see someone as anal about quality as I am.

Ian
Eric_Shea
Sounds like everything might be together. He just wants to test fit on a car and take pictures.
nein14
QUOTE(BKLA @ Feb 7 2008, 10:11 AM) *

WTF.gif

Jeez, give the guy a break. dry.gif He offers to build us a 914 6 GT headlight kit and he is waiting on a cable issue. He wants to do it right.

If you are tired of waiting, then build it or find it yourself. Its not like you have paid for the things and not received them!

I'll bet there are a few who would love to have your place in line!

I am happy to wait. I like his kit and I would like it to work without cable problems.

When its ready, its ready.

agree.gif
Since Iam the guy that started this project with Steve, Iam glad to see somebody else understands the process. Iam tried of these guys complaining its taking to long.
Eric_Shea
I don't think there's any need to ruffle feathers on either side of the fence. I don't think Stephen was complaining... he made a joke and said he's is "waiting patiently". Steve's joking about it when I spoke to him on the phone. He was worried about being "Lynched" at Hershey. biggrin.gif

There's no doubt this has taken longer than any other group buy out there. Well over a year ago it was going to be a month.

I think we all need to understand that Steve runs a very successful race shop and he has many "bill paying" projects to attend to. With all the time and effort put into this I doubt he's making any coin on it. Also, he wants to do it right.

Hang tight, bump the thread every now and again and, that fateful day will come. There's "really" no need to get worked up or piss anyone off over something as simple as this.
PeeGreen 914
I would love for some to back out biggrin.gif I am #2 on the backup list.
degreeoff
Hell for that matter I have built my own and would still go with an "authentic GT Kit" if someone wants out.....
racerbvd
I wouldn't mind having a set for my GT clone either, and since it is all appart idea.gif
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 7 2008, 12:20 PM) *

I don't think there's any need to ruffle feathers on either side of the fence. I don't think Stephen was complaining... he made a joke and said he's is "waiting patiently". Steve's joking about it when I spoke to him on the phone. He was worried about being "Lynched" at Hershey. biggrin.gif

There's no doubt this has taken longer than any other group buy out there. Well over a year ago it was going to be a month.

I think we all need to understand that Steve runs a very successful race shop and he has many "bill paying" projects to attend to. With all the time and effort put into this I doubt he's making any coin on it. Also, he wants to do it right.

Hang tight, bump the thread every now and again and, that fateful day will come. There's "really" no need to get worked up or piss anyone off over something as simple as this.

"Hang tight, bump the thread every now and again "

That was my intent.. I spoke to him last week and thought..hey bump the thread in case some one else has some updated info.

Heck, he already has my $....

Thanks all smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.