914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
nein14
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 31 2010, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(nein14 @ Mar 31 2010, 07:59 AM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 31 2010, 07:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 31 2010, 05:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 31 2010, 06:43 AM) *

Are these being made? or do they need to be made?

They need to be made.
This group buy is years old, with no resolution. The people that sent checks would, at best, have to resend them as they have probably timed out by now. Even if it does get finished, there are several people that want them that are not in on the buy.

Zach

agree.gif

I am interested in one (1) maybe two (2) depending on price.

they are already made and spoken for sorry, according to the list smile.gif

Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to say I want in on these. I read where there are two lists, the original list and one "just in case someone drops out" list. I couldn't find either to put my name on so I was just saying that if someone (anyone) made more that I would buy one and maybe two.

anyone who has followed this thread from the beginning knows I have been in contact with Steve on a weekly basis on the project, so let me be clear they are complete and will be avaliable shortly to who ever is on the list that I gave Steve.

If someone wants to fabricate their own to make avaliable to sell on this site be my guest smile.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(nein14 @ Mar 31 2010, 08:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 31 2010, 08:15 AM) *

I think that Mark might be considering making a run of these for his store.
And I would buy them if he did, I think.

Zach

With all that it took to get this done making a second run for another vendor to sell I would say is out of the question , sorry
try mittlemotor in germany

I'm not tring to ruin someone's parade here, but if these are not in process, I do have ties at Mittlemotor and was proposing a group buy if I could get the cost in the right range. That way it would be a proven product and short turn around.

If I'm out of line here let me know, I'm only trying to help, and I don't intend to make this a for profit thing on my side.

-Mark
markb
I have a customer who has done something *similar* to the original that's very cool. Would someone be interested in something that is not an exact copy of the original?
amallagh
QUOTE(amallagh @ Aug 15 2007, 07:55 PM) *

I had to drop out of this opportunity before Christmas 2006 because it had already taken over the original time expectation and I had to ship my package of GT conversion parts&car to the UK. It has been interesting (and considerably less frustrating) watching this from the sidelines.
I hope you all get your parts and the quality meets the high expectations that must have built up in peoples minds by now. If (and I hope when ) this kit actually becomes available and is proved in service, I hope someone directly involved has the fore thought to offer another batch for those mere mortals less patient than a Saint.

I look on with interest !!

Apologies for quoting myself, but it is from 3 years ago ! All very pretentious I know icon22_2.gif
There is clearly plenty of demand out there beyond the select few on the list for this thread who have now surely reached exalted status for their faith and patience. Anyone who has hung on for over 3 years is hardly likely to drop out now !
If someone else did decide to produce a kit more commercially then I'd be up for one. As someone else has said I'm sure Pelican, AA and Performance Products would all be very interested in selling them on an ongoing basis. As someone has said all kits are just copied variations on the original theme so there is no virgin design that anyone has any claim to any more.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(markb @ Mar 31 2010, 01:04 PM) *

I have a customer who has done something *similar* to the original that's very cool. Would someone be interested in something that is not an exact copy of the original?

I could care less if it's an exact copy of the original. I want to eliminate the headlight motors and have the headlights go up when I pull a knob,lever,coat hanger etc. just want it to work. So what does your friend have available ? And thanks for chiming in. beerchug.gif
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 31 2010, 12:50 PM) *

Zach

With all that it took to get this done making a second run for another vendor to sell I would say is out of the question , sorry

I'm not tring to ruin someone's parade here, but if these are not in process, I do have ties at Mittlemotor and was proposing a group buy if I could get the cost in the right range. That way it would be a proven product and short turn around.

If I'm out of line here let me know, I'm only trying to help, and I don't intend to make this a for profit thing on my side.

-Mark

Mark I am interested based on price and availibility. I responded to another post here as I'm interested in ANY kit that is reasonable in price and available in a reasonable time frame.
gothspeed
QUOTE(nein14 @ Mar 31 2010, 01:27 PM) *

anyone who has followed this thread from the beginning knows I have been in contact with Steve on a weekly basis on the project, so let me be clear they are complete and will be avaliable shortly to who ever is on the list that I gave Steve.

If someone wants to fabricate their own to make avaliable to sell on this site be my guest smile.gif

Sounds good, I like these kind of projects. I think I will make a set that will go up and down mechanically on my GT replica smile.gif.
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 31 2010, 04:47 AM) *

The people that sent checks would, at best, have to resend them as they have probably timed out by now.

Zach

The above logic seems correct - except that I 'STILL' use the same bank that I wrote the check on..the only thing is the check number will be out of sequence...and the date.. other wise if the depositing bank attempts to 'deposit' my bank will allow it to flow through - especially since I've never even reported it lost and or to cancel it.

Steve and I've have already addressed this possible bump ..his comment was that he would simply contact said check holder of situation and have them resend a new check... I hope this opens some light to this possible concern... oh yes he also thank everyone for their patience too. smile.gif
Lightweight_911
John (nein14) - I'm sure I was on the original list &, in fact, I spoke to Steve on the phone at the time about International orders - is there a way I can find out if I'm still on that original list ?
carr914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:50 PM) *

Zach

-Mark

QUOTE(markb @ Mar 31 2010, 05:04 PM) *

I'd be in.

Sorry John (nein14), but 4 years is a Joke. I'm not on the original list ( I don't think), but if I had sent a check to someone 4 years ago for something and didn't get it, somebody would get a beat-down.

If these ever do get made & shipped, some will be offered up after the fact just like the AA group buy Flares.

T.C.
RON S.

John,
How do you define ''Available Shortly''???

you posted this back in the end of March, we are now 2 months later.

Ron
rsrguy3
This thread seems like a big tease and a cf.
Are there any further updates?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(396 @ Jun 30 2010, 09:52 PM) *

Yes, Elvis and Michael Jackson are still dead. dry.gif
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 30 2010, 11:00 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Jun 30 2010, 09:52 PM) *

Yes, Elvis and Michael Jackson are still dead. dry.gif

Ya biggrin.gif there's always one in the crowd
bandjoey
I have it on good authority that they're not dead, but instead living on a sheep ranch in Montana and working on the GT kits in the barn. The kits would have been available sooner, but Elvis needed help. Now with Michael there, the kits will be available really soon. lol-2.gif
Eric_Shea
One thousand three hundred and sixty-five days and counting. Approaching the 4 year anniversary on this group buy. av-943.gif

If you put $0.32 cents per day in a cookie jar you could hit the Mittlemotor site today and buy the actual "GT" version of this kit... not the Meaney version. ohmy.gif

Now, if you put that same money in the market, you could probably be re-bounding by now with enough to buy a rusty 914! headbang.gif

If you calculate the amount of time you've spent re-checking this thread, you would find that you've actually lost more money than these things would have cost you if they were to ever come to fruition. w00t.gif

biggrin.gif

huh.gif
BKLA
It's been so long that the 914 that I planned to put these on was sold and shipped to england years ago! Still have the race car and was considering putting this kit on that.... if the kit is ever completed. sad.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(BKLA @ Jul 1 2010, 10:25 AM) *

It's been so long that the 914 that I planned to put these on was sold and shipped to england years ago! Still have the race car and was considering putting this kit on that.... if the kit is ever completed. sad.gif

Same here blink.gif
Eric_Shea
Pssssssssst... Tip: start putting a quarter a day in a cookie jar! lol3.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 1 2010, 10:47 AM) *

Pssssssssst... Tip: start putting a quarter a day in a cookie jar! lol3.gif

I was until my son found a good way to get to it blink.gif
racerbvd
Laugh all you want, I still want a set & hope that I'm on the list..
Eric_Shea
Laugh all you want, I still want a set & hope that I'm on the list..

OK... av-943.gif lol3.gif av-943.gif lol3.gif av-943.gif lol3.gif av-943.gif lol3.gif av-943.gif lol3.gif av-943.gif lol3.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 1 2010, 10:17 AM) *
One thousand three hundred and sixty-five days and counting.

17 pages? wacko.gif

"Die Hard 1367™. The Group Buy edition."

This has to be a record of sorts ...
popcorn[1].gif Andy
daveyboybadion
Count me in for one set depending on price...daveyboy
MikeSpraggi
I would like a set as well. My first 914, after driving it for a little over a year went to the shop to get repaired and then refreshed. 13 years later, $10k into it and still in the shop, it was scrapped. This can only happen once, right? So I'd like to be in on this if there is room. I have high hopes!
RON S.

does anyone remember how long George at AA took to perfect and finalize his reproduction steel flares???

I think he still has the record, but it looks like one day it's going to be broken by this one.

Ron biggrin.gif
BKLA
Yes, I'm on the original list along with a whole bunch of others..

yellowsleep[1].gif

Wake me if this ever happens... happy11.gif
ok.. we are going on almost 5 ..yes five years.. does any one have any insight on completion date- light at the end of the tunnel:(
Eric_Shea
Everyone jumped ship and went to the other group buy.

Here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=111225

I may have one available if you're interested. I bought one but, due to the extra welding etc., I may not use it.
montoya 73 2.0
hijacked.gif

You don't have to weld them in.

Click to view attachment
This 'Group' Buy is going on 5-6 years long now.
Has any one be able to contact Steve for an update or is this one of those....checks in the mail and one day it will show up kind of situation?
sad.gif

RON S.

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
You actually think Steve is going to answer the phone to field calls about the staus of the GT headlight kits????????????? av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

He's cashed my check years ago, and as far as I'm concerned, I wrote him off about the same time.

I bought the GT kit that Mikey offered from MittleMotor last year.
Hold your breath and hope for a miracle if you want to but I'm done with the guy. lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

There are words for someone who takes someone's money and doesn't give them their product for it. happy11.gif

5 Years, come on. sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif

Just my 2 cents worth.
Ron

QUOTE(RON S. @ Aug 20 2011, 03:58 PM) *

You actually think Steve is going to answer the phone to field calls about the staus of the GT headlight kits?????????????

He's cashed my check years ago, and as far as I'm concerned, I wrote him off about the same time.

There are words for someone who takes someone's money and doesn't give them their product for it.
5 Years, come on.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Ron

Thanks for the info.. sorry to hear of you being RIP OFF!!! evilgrin.gif
THAT means that I was most likey BENT OVER for TWO sets too... !!!
I never thought to check my bank account - after sending it!!!!! - STUPID me for being so trust worthy sad.gif ....lesson learned .. Next week I WILL attempt to ask him to 'SEND' my check back!

Ya I have words to say about folks that rip others off.. except I can not post it.

Thanks!
Well, i attempted to call / contact Steve 4 different times..and no one pick-up.I;m not sure if he has caller ID and what - bit no answer smile.gif

i will attempt tomorrow again.. Hey nein914..any updates on your end??
sixnotfour
From this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=145105

914Jairo Sep 24 2011, 09:39 AM Post #6

Lurker

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,381
Region Association: None

oh yes the Headlights pull cable kits. i have the kits their are a replica of our GT #19. We are in the process in putting the kits together. I post the kits up soon with pics and prices under Headlights pull cable GT kit
nein14

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
You actually think Steve is going to answer the phone to field calls about the staus of the GT headlight kits????????????? av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Hold your breath and hope for a miracle if you want to but I'm done with the guy. lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

There are words for someone who takes someone's money and doesn't give them their product for it. happy11.gif

Just my 2 cents worth.
Ron

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN WAITING INCLUDING ME!!! STEVE APOLIZIES. I WAS AT STEVE SHOP AND HAS THE KITS READY WITH EXCEPTION TO THE INSTALLATION INSTUCTIONS.

HE HAS HAD SOME LIFE CHANGING ISSUES NO EXCUSE , HOWEVER HE IS STILL COMMITED TO COMPLETION OF THE KIT, THAT BEINGING SAID I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE WHO MAKE FALSE STATEMENT THAT THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF!

I HAD A OPPUNTUNITY TO SEE ALL THE CHECK FOR PAYMENT THAT WERE SENT FOR THAT HAVE NEVER I REPEAT NEVER BEEN CASH!!! WTF.gif

I HAVE TO SAY SOMEONE NEEDS TO APOLIGIZE FOR THE FALSE STATEMENT THE THEIR CHECK WAS CASHED AND THEY WERE RIPPED OFF!
VaccaRabite
I am glad that you checked on that. Last Time I was at Steve's shop he had not cashed the checks, but it has been a while. He did not strike me as that kinda guy, though I had stopped suggesting people visit him after RonS post.

Steve has always been helpful and honest in my dealings with him, but you only buy what he currently has ready to sell. Waiting for stuff to get made can take a long time and he is easily distracted.

Zach
Mike Bellis
Most banks will not honor a 5 year old check.

5 years? WTF.gif
kconway
After a 5 year wait I wonder how many kits he'll get stuck with?
nein14
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 25 2011, 10:18 AM) *

5 years? WTF.gif

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE 5 YEARS THAT HAVE PASTED BUT THE FALSE STATEMENT THAT WAS MADE BY SOMEONE HERE THAT SAID HE IS A THEFT !!!

WHICH IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE, WHICH MAKES THE PERSON THAT MADE THE STATEMENT A LIAR, AND HAS MISLEAD EVERYONE HERE !!!
nein14
QUOTE(kconway @ Oct 25 2011, 10:23 AM) *

After a 5 year wait I wonder how many kits he'll get stuck with?

HE WON'T GET STUCK WITH ANY
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(nein14 @ Oct 25 2011, 10:59 AM) *

5 years? WTF.gif

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE 5 YEARS THAT HAVE PASTED BUT THE FALSE STATEMENT THAT WAS MADE BY SOMEONE HERE THAT SAID HE IS A THEFT !!!

WHICH IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE, WHICH MAKES THE PERSON THAT MADE THE STATEMENT A LIAR, AND HAS MISLEAD EVERYONE HERE !!!

For you it may not be about the 5 years. To the people that gave checks (albeit not cashed) it looks and smells like a rip off. I beleive you; Steve is not a theif. But... 5 years??? Have you personally accounted for every check? Maybe there is more in the 17-18 page thread that explains the delay. Regardless, 5 years is too long to wait. Steve should have returned all payments until he was ready to ship product. 5 year old checks are not any good anyway. No reputable bank will cash a check that old.
nein14
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 25 2011, 12:05 PM) *

5 years? WTF.gif

For you it may not be about the 5 years. To the people that gave checks (albeit not cashed) it looks and smells like a rip off. I beleive you; Steve is not a theif. But... 5 years??? Have you personally accounted for every check? Maybe there is more in the 17-18 page thread that explains the delay. Regardless, 5 years is too long to wait. Steve should have returned all payments until he was ready to ship product. 5 year old checks are not any good anyway. No reputable bank will cash a check that old.

HE NEVER ASKED PEOPLE TO SENT HIM CHECKS WE HAD A LIST OF PEOPLE WHO WERE GOING TO BE IN LINE TO GET THEM WHEN THEY WERE FINISHED.

THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF MY COMMENT IF SOME PEOPLE HERE SENT CHECK IT IS EASY TO HAVE YOUR BANK TELL YOU IF IT WAS CASHED PERIOD!

YOU DON'T MAKE A STATEMENT IN A PUBLIC FORUM THAT YOUR CHECK WAS CASHED AND STATE THAT STEVE IS A THIEF! THAT HAS MISLEAD EVERYONE ON THIS SITE .
BKLA
I was on the original list and I'll happily take two if others back out.

biggrin.gif

Good things come to those who wait.... and wait... and wait....
kconway
QUOTE(nein14 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:22 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 25 2011, 12:05 PM) *

5 years? WTF.gif

HE NEVER ASKED PEOPLE TO SENT HIM CHECKS WE HAD A LIST OF PEOPLE WHO WERE GOING TO BE IN LINE TO GET THEM WHEN THEY WERE FINISHED.

THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF MY COMMENT IF SOME PEOPLE HERE SENT CHECK IT IS EASY TO HAVE YOUR BANK TELL YOU IF IT WAS CASHED PERIOD!

YOU DON'T MAKE A STATEMENT IN A PUBLIC FORUM THAT YOUR CHECK WAS CASHED AND STATE THAT STEVE IS A THIEF! THAT HAS MISLEAD EVERYONE ON THIS SITE .

Dude,
is there something wrong with your caps lock key?
SirAndy
QUOTE(kconway @ Oct 25 2011, 01:04 PM) *
Dude,
is there something wrong with your caps lock key?

agree.gif WTF.gif

Turn off that damn CAPS LOCK key already ... blink.gif
carr914
QUOTE(nein14 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:53 PM) *

Just my 2 cents worth.
Ron

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN WAITING INCLUDING ME!!! STEVE APOLIZIES. I WAS AT STEVE SHOP AND HAS THE KITS READY WITH EXCEPTION TO THE INSTALLATION INSTUCTIONS.

HE HAS HAD SOME LIFE CHANGING ISSUES NO EXCUSE , HOWEVER HE IS STILL COMMITED TO COMPLETION OF THE KIT, THAT BEINGING SAID I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE WHO MAKE FALSE STATEMENT THAT THEY HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF!

I HAD A OPPUNTUNITY TO SEE ALL THE CHECK FOR PAYMENT THAT WERE SENT FOR THAT HAVE NEVER I REPEAT NEVER BEEN CASH!!! WTF.gif

I HAVE TO SAY SOMEONE NEEDS TO APOLIGIZE FOR THE FALSE STATEMENT THE THEIR CHECK WAS CASHED AND THEY WERE RIPPED OFF!

What about the THEFT of everyone's Trust that they put into this for 5 Friggin Years. I'm glad that I didn't get caught up in this Scam.

If People weren't waiting for Info on their Money & Kits, I feel that you and Steve should have been BANNED banned.gif . Heck you should be Banned for the excessive use of Caps!
nein14
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 25 2011, 03:55 PM) *

QUOTE(nein14 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:53 PM) *

Just my 2 cents worth.
Ron

What about the THEFT of everyone's Trust that they put into this for 5 Friggin Years. I'm glad that I didn't get caught up in this Scam.

If People weren't waiting for Info on their Money & Kits, I feel that you and Steve should have been BANNED banned.gif . Heck you should be Banned for the excessive use of Caps!

av-943.gif
RON S.

I want to publicly Apologize to John, Steve, and the rest of the users and members of this board forum.

A couple of months back I made a reply to a last posting on this thread.

John, you are fully correct in your request, my comments were made in the heat of thought on this issue, not thoroughly thought through, and did not belong here.

I apologize, and it will not happen again.

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.