Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Headlights Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
JPB
If all they do is raise the headlights and one has to manually lower them later, I can see a similar kit going for $200 max plus shipping. Its not a factory repro but lighter and more modern than the old style. biggrin.gif
nein14
So it is clear, this will be a Repro kit copied from REAL GT parts. biggrin.gif
JPB
Anything as the repro deal would be some real money but new and improved, I don't see it past $200 dollars. At least not in parts. If the stimulated market is for a copy of the original, I'm not a fan of that but I can see making something similar as a kit and much cheaper and definately sympler as a bolt on.
Martin Baker
QUOTE(nein14 @ Nov 11 2006, 08:50 AM) *

So it is clear, this will be a Repro kit copied from REAL GT parts. biggrin.gif

John, when and how much? Can you give us an idea who is making the parts? Local machine shop, etc? FYI another set is on ebay...

Martin
JPB
I've been wanting to do this myself not knowing it was as popular as evidently seen here and it purked my ears. My car is almost done painting and it is looking freekin crazzy sweet. Once out, i will tackel this kit head on ASAP and have one this winter. I will be making all the parts myself and it will all be high end matrials and craftsmanship. I don't expect it to be expensive and sorry if I hijacked this thread. smile.gif
warrenporsche
I am interested, but the sub $300 range would be nice. will someone put me down and let me know when they become avalible!!
GTPatrick
Throw my hat into the ring for a set. beer.gif
amallagh
Its been a couple weeks since the last post on here. I've been asking every possible supplier I can think of for this kit and a replica front hood pin kit (square plates) for the last few weeks and someone pointed me in the direction of this thread.
Is anything happening with this ? Or is it dead ?

Definitely up for a kit.

On different issue can anybody give me any advice on where to get a GT replica front hood pin kit ? I have found that a number of the suppleirs who list them on their websites don't do the replica kits any more. Please PM if you can help rather than distracting this thread.
Andrew
Jeroen
QUOTE(amallagh @ Dec 1 2006, 01:42 AM) *

On different issue can anybody give me any advice on where to get a GT replica front hood pin kit ?

why'd you need a kit?
there are drawings posted for the plates
buy some aluminium sheet and put in some elbow grease
the pins can be had at any race shop
amallagh
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Dec 1 2006, 12:55 AM) *

On different issue can anybody give me any advice on where to get a GT replica front hood pin kit ?

why'd you need a kit?

I'm looking for a kit for the 'GT kudos' and to save weight on my trackand road rally car I'm building. Fabricating bits of metal is not my idea of fun so I'm looking for a kit made by someone who knows what they are doing. Happy to pay the money for someone else to do the clever bit. Lifes too short ! Less time in the garage wearing my fingers down is more time driving !
Do you know anything about where this idea got to ?
amallagh
QUOTE(amallagh @ Dec 1 2006, 01:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Jeroen @ Dec 1 2006, 12:55 AM) *

why'd you need a kit?

I'm looking for a kit for the 'GT kudos' and to save weight on my trackand road rally car I'm building. Fabricating bits of metal is not my idea of fun so I'm looking for a kit made by someone who knows what they are doing. Happy to pay the money for someone else to do the clever bit. Lifes too short ! Less time in the garage wearing my fingers down is more time driving !
Do you know anything about where this idea got to ?

Oh, and I need pins because I have bought a fibreglass hood and rear deck. Getting the GT look is just pose value !
Jeroen
I understand why you want pins and the GT correct look
But why bother with a kit? Anyone could make these with very simple hand tools in less than an hour

but what are you doing awake anyway?
Any updates on this Group Buy?
nein14
Real soon smile.gif
amallagh
QUOTE(nein14 @ Dec 1 2006, 03:18 AM) *

Real soon smile.gif

Count me in John if it is in the sub $300 range that people seem to be mentioning including everything that is needed to make it work. Lower the better of course !
Will it be able to raise and lower the lights from inside the car with the GT mechanism ?
Jeroen
the GT system is raise only
(you have to push the headlights down manually)
hwgunner
I am in, let me know when they are ready.

jonathan
jj83118
I'm interested too!

Jim
roadster fan
I am in for a reasonably priced kit, thanks for putting it together. smile.gif
autohausdolby
How are we getting on with this? I've just received my GT door pull kit so I'm all fired up smile.gif
autohausdolby
Any progress? smile.gif
nein14
Update:
Just spoke to Steve Limbert of Air Cooled Racing who owns the Max Mortiz (914/6 GT.

He will be making a first run of 24 units of the GT Headlight Kit , at a cost of $339.00. This will be a duplicate of the parts that are in his GT.

All parts will be Cad plated and powdercoated this will be a complete bolt in kit.

To order a kit contact Steve direct at Air Cooled Racing 1-717-432-4116, he said the kits should be ready in about a month.
Lightweight_911
Excellent ! Thanks, John - just sent Steve an email.
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(nein14 @ Jan 19 2007, 07:25 AM) *

Update:
Just spoke to Steve Limbert of Air Cooled Racing who owns the Max Mortiz (914/6 GT.

He will be making a first run of 24 units of the GT Headlight Kit , at a cost of $339.00. This will be a duplicate of the parts that are in his GT.

All parts will be Cad plated and powdercoated this will be a complete bolt in kit.

To order a kit contact Steve direct at Air Cooled Racing 1-717-432-4116, he said the kits should be ready in about a month.

Seeing is believing, I have been or should say had been talking to Steve for well more than a year about Aircooled making those kits. I finally gave up when Armando Serrano of Pbase 9146GT fame contacted me and we bought some complete kits from europe. They were quite spendy, are currently waiting for delivery. smile.gif
nein14
I know they cost you at least twice what Steve is going to sell them for, I had spoke to Armando about them too when I bought his 15 x 8 Minilites.

Steve has already removed the parts from his GT and they are at the machine shop. smile.gif
Lightweight_911
My emails were bounced back so I just phoned Steve - the go ahead relies (as John originally stated) on getting commitment for 24 sets.

I said I'd take 2 sets - I'm sure at this price we should be able to get at least 24 commitments...
Qarl
I'm still in for a set!
hwgunner
I have been watching this for a while and I would like a set.
Porschetoyz
I am in for one set.........Hmmmm, or two.......
nein14
OK Here we go, I posted this thread and had 31 members post replies stating they wanted a set of these GT headlight kits.

Steve Limbert of Air Cooled Racing has spent a lot of time taking apart His factory GT car to have the parts fabricated to build the kits and as of this morning he has only gotten 3 orders!

Hey guys were everbody at ????????
autohausdolby
Sorry, I didn't see the update. I've just e-mailed Steve cus trans-Atlantic phone calls are pricey! biggrin.gif
jj83118
I interested in a "set" if it includes all the parts (cables, mounts, struts,...everything). Does anyone know what is included?

Thanks,

Jim
nein14
Read the original thread

QUOTE(jj83118 @ Jan 31 2007, 04:32 PM) *

I interested in a "set" if it includes all the parts (cables, mounts, struts,...everything). Does anyone know what is included?

Thanks,

Jim

Eric_Shea
Steve Limbert of Air Cooled Racing has spent a lot of time taking apart His factory GT car to have the parts fabricated to build the kits and as of this morning he has only gotten 3 orders!

Hey guys were everbody at ????????

He had more than three calls when I ordered mine over two weeks ago. He said he was innundated with calls. He even mentioned people calling from overseas. Is there a communication issue? Do you think I should call him again? Let me know your thoughts.

Eric
army dude
I am interested except I can't make the call from here in Iraq. I don't want to see this go away so count me in and I will try to find a way to contact him. Keep me up on this please and good job putting it together!!!!

Ian in Iraq...Again
Eric_Shea
Ian,

I can contact him for you. If you have a means of purchase I can even buy them for you. Steve mentioned to me that he would be calling back (sometime around now) to get the initial deposit. Pieces were at the platers.

If you have a credit card I can just buy them for your and ship them to you for whatever the cost is.

Let me know if that helps.

Eric

P.S. John, when I did the GT handle and strap group buy, I forwarded a link (via PM) to everyone that was on the list. I had about 99% follow through from the people on the list. My guess is there's a lot of people here who have forgotten or lost the info. You may simply want to send Steve's contact info to the people who signed up here to make sure they're good to go.
nein14
Eric
When I spoke to Steve for Air Cooled Racing (717-432-4116) this past tues. he said he spoke to you and your order was in as well as mine and 2 others, and that was it! The thread was posted here as well as the former club site.

Pretty sad when there was 31 members the replied to the thread and stated they wanted the Kits. The price was based on that quantity, hoprfully Steve will be able to hold that cost.

At this point he will only be making 12 Kits total so when their gone their gone! So anyone else who wants one call him direct at 717-432-4116 no email orders.

Eric & Ian, thanks for the support. smile.gif
kckoch
Just catching up, and I placed a call to Steve today. I think people have just lost track of the thread, and hopefully they will plug in soon. If anyone talks to Steve, please let him know I got $ ready, and hope to get my set soon!
Eric_Shea
I sent the contact info out to all who expressed interest. wink.gif
Lightweight_911
John - do you know if Steve was including me in his list ?

I phoned & spoke to him on 19th Jan & said I would take 2 sets (as posted on the previous page) ...
michel richard
I don't think I really need a kit, because I made my own. But if Steve ends up with unsold parts on his hands, because some purchasers did not come through with cash, I might take one kit. In other words, don't count on me, but I might be able to help.
Eric_Shea
Andy,

When I spoke with him he mentioned you called.
nein14
Yes Andy he did tell me he spoke to you. As soon as I speak to him when the parts are back from plating I will let you guys know.
Martin Baker
No one mentioned a time limit, and I do want a set. Maybe two. I hate to put them on my real six. Since its not a real GT and all....
warrenporsche
smoke.gif I will take a set, someone lemmie know when and were to send the $$$
911quest
Just called #7 on the list
sixnotfour
Just called , Im number 9, guys better get on it. cut off is 12,
hwgunner
I spoke to steve this AM and placed my order.
Eric_Shea
Just called , Im number 9, guys better get on it. cut off is 12,

Jeff,

I don't think I PM'd you as I was reading throught the thread I didn't see you wanting them. Sorry. Glad you made it in.
ge9146
I spoke with Steve this afternoon. I'm number 10 on the list. mueba.gif

Eric,
Thanks for the heads up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.