Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 2007, now the WCR 2007
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
McMark
It looks REALLY long to people who aren't used to absurdly curvey roads. wink.gif F to G is only 36 miles. But there are 150-200 corners. w00t.gif
Allan
I'm signed up!!! boldblue.gif

Drive up Friday early and back on Tuesday...
McMark
I forgot about my cows on the road picture!
DNHunt
Money is on the way. When do we get a counter up in the corner?

Dave
jimtab
Mark I assume that since I signed up in good faith for the WCC that I will remain signed up for the WCW......or do I need to subscribe again..... av-943.gif poke.gif How come they call the motel the SONOMA when it's in Rhonert Park....my wifey thought we were staying in Sonoma for 3 days....now she's pissed...but she would be pissed anyway...she turns 60 on the 13th of June and we have our 39th anniversary on the 15th...see how all this stuff works out???? smoke.gif
Mueller
I'm signed up and I don't even own a 914...of course even if I did own one I surely wouldn't be driving it to the event, that would un-Mueller like, hahahaha
McMark
Great to have you on board Jim & Mike. smilie_pokal.gif
DNHunt
I'm getting excited!
PRS914-6
Looks like you guys chose Skaggs Springs Road. That is a great road! Been on it many times with bikes and cars. The forest down by the ocean is very beautiful and the tight turns about mid way through are a blast. Careful of the cops on the eastern side.....They try to bust the crotch rockets all the time especially on the weekends. Very popular bike rd.

I don't know if my 914 will be done by then. Painter says it will come out of the shop about the end of April. Everything is ready to bolt on and engine is already installed. If it's not done, I might come down for a day anyway.... Sounds like fun.
McMark
It would be great to have you come along! 914s aren't necessary, you can usually bum a ride in someone elses car. On a drive like this it's nice to have company. wink.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(jimtab @ Mar 6 2007, 09:50 PM) *

Mark I assume that since I signed up in good faith for the WCC that I will remain signed up for the WCW......or do I need to subscribe again..... av-943.gif poke.gif How come they call the motel the SONOMA when it's in Rhonert Park....my wifey thought we were staying in Sonoma for 3 days....now she's pissed...but she would be pissed anyway...she turns 60 on the 13th of June and we have our 39th anniversary on the 15th...see how all this stuff works out???? smoke.gif

I think it's in Sonoma County.

A very beautiful county. =-)

Finally I get to meet some of you out-of-towners. Yes!
RoadGlue
Mark picked out a great hotel for this event and it's smack dab in the middle of Sonoma County. It's five minutes south of Santa Rosa and about the same north of Petaluma. The Wine Valleys are all within 20 - 30 minutes.

I'm a life long Sonoma County native and will be happy to recommend downtime activities, wineries and even another hotel if you and your sweetheart want something a little more romantic (ooh lala!), or just want a night away from the 914 crowd for some reason. Just drop me a line.

I'll make a downtime activity list in fact... smile.gif
jgara962
I'm officially registered! boldblue.gif
jgara962
Mark,

How many people have registered?
McMark
24 Peeps! So far so good. party.gif
914wizard
Will you show us the auto-cross course map before the big day?

Thank you,

The wiz
JRust
I'm looking into making the trip down. Not sure if I can swing it yet. I will definately register once I know. Hopefully I can still register later. Is there a cutoff for registration? Thanks- Jamie in Corvallis Oregon
McMark
Registration will be open, but I'm hoping to get people as early as possible in order to make plans. But we won't be turning anyone away because of timing.
Borderline
My car is finally running and I can't wait to join the WCR. I just signed up.....twice..(I had a little issue with paypal). Now I gotta keep it runnin!!

I don't know if anyone has asked this yet...Are there any camp grounds in the area?

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Allan
Anybody wanna split a room at the Doubletree?

I can't explain away almost $500.00 in hotel fees to the wife. sad.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 23 2007, 10:56 AM) *

Anybody wanna split a room at the Doubletree?

Let me know if you need another recommendation for a cheaper hotel and I'll help you find something less expensive.
Allan
I saw a Good Nite Inn that's only about .86 mile away.
McMark
The Good Nite inn is very close. But I'm not sure what the rates are.
McMark
Oh, and thanks to KenSchipper for hooking us up with a logo!

IPB Image

And check out the event site: CLICK HERE
Borderline
Nice graphics, Ken!

Being the CSOB that I am and that I would rather spend $$ on tires and parts than hotel rooms, I found a KOA campground about 7 miles south off hwy 101. We got the last "cabin" for that weekend but they still have camp sites left for those with those interests and don't mind driving a little.

KOA Petaluma: 707-763-1492
mills914/s
We regestered...And my woman set up the hotel at the goodnight inn prices are good and its less than a mile away. I have alot to do on the car I hate having a deadline. Is there anyone from the Santa Cruz,CA area going Im looking for people to drive up there with. I think I will start a topic when it gets a little closer.
Seth
Borderline
Seth: I'm a little south of you, Aromas area (east of Watsonville). Maybe we can get together for the drive up?
mills914/s
Hey Bill that sounds good to me. Here is my email sethmills914@comcast.net
Here is my cell 419-8558
We can work out the details on when we want to leave.
Thanks
Seth
Chris Pincetich
I registered beerchug.gif
Currently seeking single, hot female car lover to share a hotel room with w00t.gif
Might miss Saturday due to GGR AX dry.gif
Have Monday June 18th off of work so I can run the WCR AX biggrin.gif
Allan
So how many registered so far?
mills914/s
Mark told me 35 as of 5-2
Mueller
For those NOT doing the auto-x on Saturday, any other plans to get together or ???
MartyYeoman
I can't make the AX on Saturday.
The best I can do is arrive around noon.
Mike, Do you want to plan something?
Even just a location and time would be helpful.
2-OH!
I'm loose on Saturday as well...

Open for suggestions...Another drive perhaps...Unsponsored by the WCR...Just us chickens...

2-OH!
RoadGlue
I'll have a few alternative activities planned for Sat morning/afternoon for those of you who won't be attending the AX. I'll be sure to include a cool self guided mini-tour. Well, mini compared to the run on Sunday. There's also going to be another tour on Monday for those that are sticking around that day as well.

Mark and I met up last night and we have some fun group activities planned for Sat evening/night, so make sure your schedules are clear by 7'sh.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 23 2007, 10:56 AM) *

agree.gif
McMark
Thanks Paul. It helps to be constantly reminded. Unfortuantely my time machine is broken, so I can't fix it now. dry.gif

Maybe you and Headrage can get together, split a room and then you only have to explain away $250 in hotel rooms. ohmy.gif
Justinp71
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Jun 5 2007, 01:31 PM) *

I'm loose on Saturday as well...

Open for suggestions...Another drive perhaps...Unsponsored by the WCR...Just us chickens...

2-OH!

I think there will be a few of us around.

Since the drive was on saturday and now moved to sunday, what was on the original sunday schedule?

Maybe that can be a parking lot gathering at the double tree and short drive...??? Time for more bumper changes... av-943.gif

Allan
No worries Mark.

I'll be staying at the Double Tree.

Just gonna classify it as a business trip... biggrin.gif
McMark
Sorry I snapped. I just got my $12,000 bill from the hotel. So I'm a bit touchy. sad.gif

The credit card we have on file (0497) will be charged June 5, 2007 for the total guestroom performance (73 room nights at $155 per night = $11,315.00).

And my rep. isn't answering her phone so I can explain to her that this isn't going to work.

Needless to say, my stomach is in knots and my head is about to explode.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 5 2007, 01:51 PM) *

Thanks Paul. It helps to be constantly reminded. Unfortuantely my time machine is broken, so I can't fix it now. dry.gif

Maybe you and Headrage can get together, split a room and then you only have to explain away $250 in hotel rooms. ohmy.gif

Nope you can't, but I did mention it then also along with a few others. Not all of us

are shot in the a$$ with diamonds here. Maybe next year. You Guys and Gals

have a Great time and stay safe.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jun 5 2007, 01:48 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 5 2007, 01:51 PM) *

Nope you can't, but I did mention it then also along with a few others. Not all of us

are shot in the a$$ with diamonds here. Maybe next year. You Guys and Gals

have a Great time and stay safe.

I think if it's a matter of attending or not attending, it would probably be OK if you stayed at a cheaper hotel nearby. Right?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Jun 5 2007, 03:18 PM) *

I think if it's a matter of attending or not attending, it would probably be OK if you stayed at a cheaper hotel nearby. Right?

I am sure you'll have a great time, but a gathering like this, the only reason I go

is to meet other people with common interests, and bitchin cars. The part I used

to look forward to the most was the party at night, everyone together, a

community bottle and a keg. Well if I stay at another hotel I get to have my one

beer, hang for awhile until everyone is drunk enough where I can no longer

follow the conversation and drive back to my hotel. Maybe next year...Sh!t I won't

be here next year.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jun 6 2007, 08:58 AM) *

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Jun 5 2007, 03:18 PM) *

I am sure you'll have a great time, but a gathering like this, the only reason I go

is to meet other people with common interests, and bitchin cars. The part I used

to look forward to the most was the party at night, everyone together, a

community bottle and a keg. Well if I stay at another hotel I get to have my one

beer, hang for awhile until everyone is drunk enough where I can no longer

follow the conversation and drive back to my hotel. Maybe next year...Sh!t I won't

be here next year.

Or you could park you teener at the cheap hotel, catch a ride to the Doubletree and then get a cab to take you back over. We can make this work, so why the excuses? smile.gif
So.Cal.914
Excuses? No, Only observations I made months ago. It's why I decided to pass on

the WCR and to book flights to FLA and the north east, never been to New York.

Party on...
MartyYeoman
popcorn[1].gif
SirAndy

Not all of us are shot in the a$$ with diamonds here.

nice, classy response ...
WTF.gif Andy

PS: i'll just bite my tongue and go back to what i do best. pulling diamonds out of my ass ...
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 6 2007, 01:52 PM) *

Not all of us are shot in the a$$ with diamonds here.

nice, classy response ...
WTF.gif Andy

PS: i'll just bite my tongue and go back to what i do best. pulling diamonds out of my ass ...

Sometimes when you wish to be perfectly clear about a point it is better to be

colorful in your statement and risk brusing some sencibilitys. I apologize if I

injured any feelings with the "shot in the ___ with diamonds statement. Sence my

accident things have been very hard, not alot of money to waist. I wouldn't be

going back east if it wasn't for my inlaws, their paying. I really wanted to be at the

WCR, Just couldn't afford food, gas, consumables and a room for my wife and I.

You all have fun...
GTeener
What activities are planned for Saturday night? confused24.gif
Allan
QUOTE(GTeener @ Jun 12 2007, 09:46 AM) *

What activities are planned for Saturday night? confused24.gif

beer3.gif drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.