I'm ready for the details now.

KT

Ya have to pass tech inspection....Ahhhndy is the head scrutineer.... blink.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(Brando @ Dec 10 2006, 12:30 PM) *

Oh shnap, that's a ways up there.

I'm only going this year if:

1.) I get the new engine in my 914
2.) I get the bodywork done (and primed)
3.) I do not, absolutely do not have to drive through fucking San Leandro.

Sounds fun smile.gif

So, when is the SWCC07? poke.gif

You can avoid driving through San Leandro by crusing straight up Highway 1. =-)

It'd be one heck of a drive. More twists than Chubby Checkers.... that was a good one. clap56.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 10 2006, 09:43 PM) *

QUOTE(nebreitling @ Dec 10 2006, 09:21 PM) *

totally unrealistic, guys. there are plenty of other options for people to get track time at infineon, anyway. if the AX is where i think it's at anyway, it will be extremely cool and potentially very fast. Sounds like Mark has planned out an awesome extended weekend for everyone!

agree.gif infineon is waaaaaay out of our league at this point ...

the AX *will* be great, and yes, the location allows ofr some rather fast sections ...
driving.gif Andy

Wait a minute! ...I though all you guys were rich now? Shouldnt we be at Infineon with personal garages etc? av-943.gif

It would be cool to have AX at the Santa Rosa airport. I might even make it for that one. Make sure to put the go kart section in the AX if its there!
Trekkor
When will the details be made public?

Santa Rosa is great for a/x's up to about 50-60 drivers.
After that it gets a little difficult.

KT
McMark
Um, when they're finalized. Do you think I'm just holding things up my sleeve? blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 11 2006, 02:50 PM) *

Um, when they're finalized. Do you think I'm just holding things up my sleeve? blink.gif

agree.gif how does "when we have them" sound?

idea.gif Andy
Trekkor
So, if I understand this "announcement thread", it's dates only and details as to the actual functions is still unknown and could potentially cause the dates to change, too?

Got it... wink.gif

KT ( i'm a big mouth sometimes )
McMark
icon_bump.gif

This event is STILL ON! Hotel reservation info is coming next week. wink.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 10 2007, 10:45 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

This event is STILL ON! Hotel reservation info is coming next week. wink.gif

Awesome!! I was worried it wasn't gonna happen..
Looks like I'll be going this year smile.gif
mightyohm
Sweet! Keep us posted.

Krimee Ariver
You know what's great about Car Gatherings???

No one gives a rat's ass about which person visits which car site.
It is truly about the people and the cars.
Hopefully this will become a global site announcement

WCC should be all about having fun beerchug.gif
DNHunt
It's sure nice to see something encouraging. I can hardly wait.

Dave
morph
i look forward to this event every year im glad to see its a go.i may go to the atomic this year too!
hiedi is talking about coming with me this year
james
reverie
Thank god. This is gonna be woot! driving.gif chowtime.gif
dinomium
Right on! I need to start getting some new Yoga moves lined up...
fiid
Sweeet! California here I come!!!

Oh wait... biggrin.gif
McMark
Hotel reservations are now available. The information has been added to the first post in this thread.
Hammy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 22 2007, 06:35 PM) *

Hotel reservations are now available. The information has been added to the first post in this thread.

Mark, maybe I missed it but I don't see a name for the hotel on the first post?
McMark
av-943.gif Whooops. I'll fix it now...
914werke
thats only about 800 miles w00t.gif
Should be able to do that in 10-12hrs driving-girl.gif
idea.gif chair.gif headbang.gif
craig downs
Looks like a very nice place
MartyYeoman
Any idea of room cost?? confused24.gif
McMark
Rooms are $155 a night. There is a golf course on location and a great restaurant. Event fees will be kept low in order to counterbalance the room cost. There are still some details to work out, but my feeling right now is $50 registration. You can reserve the room right now, but you aren't charged until you check out. I'll put all this info in the first post.
DNHunt
Yahoo, ressy made

Dave
McMark
smilie_pokal.gif
DNHunt
I hope to come down the coast with my daughter and then spend a day or 2 knocking around Frisco before the festivities. I can barely wait.

Dave
mightyohm
Will my engine be done by then? idea.gif

(McMark, that is not a rhetorical question.) rolleyes.gif

cool.gif
Trekkor
Not to be a jackalope, but where is the AX being held and who is providing the insurance and timing equip, cones, etc?

Thanks

KT
McMark
The AX will be at the Shultz Airport. I have a few routes to go down for insurance and a particular avenue hasn't been decided upon. All are viable though, so it won't be an issue.

IPB Image
Trekkor
I can give you the e-mails of the RR-PCA new and past president and current a/x director.
Set it up as a "PCA a/x" with only 914's. Pretty simple, really.

Have you thought about using the Infineon paddock?

KT
Dr. Roger
Let's see...

Finish paint.
Get the new Dr. Evil safety wired CV bolts in.
Break a few more parts during the next shake down.

Then I'll be ready. chair.gif

Nobody better make fun of my hoopty! dry.gif

biggrin.gif
McMark
New info added to the first post... biggrin.gif

Highlights:
Registration is now open on this page.
The event is now sponsored by the PCA 914 SIG and will now be called the West Coast Ramble.

biggrin.gif: thumb3d.gif mueba.gif smilie_pokal.gif boldblue.gif drunk.gif
mightyohm
All signed up!
beerchug.gif
Allan
Wow, it looks like I may actually be able to make this.

My wife just called and said it looks like her and my daughter will fly to Turkey on the 14th, so that frees up the 15th for the drive up.... driving.gif
Porsche Rescue
Not that the name matters all that much, but does anyone know the history of the term "ramble"? I know there has been a midwest ramble for several years. Does the term have a broader meaning as a car event (like rally or cruise in), or was it created by 914 enthusiasts?
Joe Bob
PCA and the SIG.....

Porsche Club of America and the Special Interest Group...
effutuo101
All signed up. Tomorrow, I book the room
Demick
Signed up and looking forward to it!

Demick
rick 918-S
Mark, I just wanted to say your doing a very nice job on this. I can't make the event. My youngest son graduates on the 15th. Very nice work on the event planning and sponsorship opportunities. clap56.gif
McMark
Thanks Rick. We'll miss you!
grantsfo
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 19 2007, 11:48 AM) *

New info added to the first post... biggrin.gif

Highlights:
Registration is now open on this page.
The event is now sponsored by the PCA 914 SIG and will now be called the West Coast Ramble.

biggrin.gif: thumb3d.gif mueba.gif smilie_pokal.gif boldblue.gif drunk.gif

Is that Ramble or Rumble? clap56.gif Will there be an AX?
McMark
Check the first post. Monday is the private West Coast Ramble AX.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Feb 19 2007, 08:35 PM) *

Not that the name matters all that much, but does anyone know the history of the term "ramble"? I know there has been a midwest ramble for several years. Does the term have a broader meaning as a car event (like rally or cruise in), or was it created by 914 enthusiasts?

From the 914Sig site...

===================================================

"The History of SIG Events

Before the 914 SIG was formed in 1998, there were several groups organizing events. The current Mid US 914 Rambles have borrowed ideas from several of these prior events.

The first big Porsche event in the world, was the Porsche Parade, first held in 1956 by Potomic Region of the Porsche Club of America. This event has grown to be the Premier Porsche event in the world. It's format and name have been copied by clubs around the world. In the US, many PCA Regions put on "mini-Parades" each year. Many of these multi-event, multi-Region activities are quite famous and historic, having been started over 30 years ago.

In the 914 arena, several Clubs started inviting other owners to get together in the mid-'90's. In 1995, Perry Kiehl organized an event in Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri. In 1996, Rich and Diane Johnson took over and held one in Hot Springs, Arkansas. The next year, they again held one, but this time in Branson, Missouri. Unfortunately, the 1998 event didn't happen. These first 3 events were organized under the "914 Renegade Club" umbrella and called "Renegade Festivals".

John Dunkel and Ed Villela also organized a 914 gathering in 1997, held in Virginia Beach, Virginia. John called it a "914 Ramble". Another Ramble was held in 1998, in Woodstock, Connecticut. These East Coast events were sponsored by Rennlist, since John had some influence with them.

Alan Barrilleaux wanted to meet some of the people he talked to on the Rennlist, so he suggested that the owners in the central part of the US again organize something (everything else seemed to be on the two coasts). Charlie Davis suggested that we form a Special Interest Group, as a part of PCA. This would give us access to liability insurance coverage for the activities we anticipated.

The 914 SIG was founded in late 1998 as a part of PCA. We asked John Dunkle to allow us to use the "Ramble" name and he graciously consented. Thank you, John! We really like that name. In 1999, the first Mid US 914 Ramble was held. All the previous ones on the East Coast (and the future ones, too) became, by default, East Coast Rambles. We tend to refer to them by the shorter ECR and MUSR handles. Note that the ECR was the inspiration for the original MUSR, and that without RennList and PCA, the event would not have happened.

There was a 2000 914 event on the West Coast, organized by John Larson. It was initially called a "West Coast Ramble", but someone revised the spelling to "Wramble", because they are mostly attended by wascally wabbits? Thus the initialism is "WCW". This event was not sponsored by any club or organization.

Rich and Diane Johnson were an integral part of the MUSRs, having experience with the earlier Renegade Festivals. The first MUSR was in Hot Springs, Arkansas, the second in Fairfield Bay, Arkansas, and the third in Solana, Texas.

===================================================

The page has not been updated in a while, but the MUSR has been going on for 9 years now, and number 10 will be in Late September/Early October in Austin, Texas.

We had one "West Coast Wamble" in 2000. John Larson (aka Capt'n Crusty) put it together. I heard it was great! Brad Roberts promised to put together the next one. It never happened.

This all was long before 914club ever showed up on the internet.

DNHunt
Mark

I may have signed up twice. You'll recognize the screw up. I need to send a check. Can you get an addy up?

Dave
Porsche Rescue
Thank you Clay. It is good to know the history.

McMark
Check info is now part of the sign up page. I'll PM you Dave...
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 21 2007, 06:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Feb 19 2007, 08:35 PM) *

There was a 2000 914 event on the West Coast, organized by John Larson. It was initially called a "West Coast Ramble", but someone revised the spelling to "Wramble", because they are mostly attended by wascally wabbits? Thus the initialism is "WCW". This event was not sponsored by any club or organization.

We had one "West Coast Wamble" in 2000. John Larson (aka Capt'n Crusty) put it together. I heard it was great!

..IT was GREAT, I was there, the Cap'n & his wife put on an Awesome event! clap56.gif
markb
There was also a West Coast Wramble in Reno, NV in 2002 put on by Rich Herzog. It was a great event (I got to go for a "spin" on the AX course with Mueller rolleyes.gif ). It was sometimes referred to as the "Wramble in Wreno".
RoadGlue
Thanks for putting this together Mark. I'm signed up, need to send you a check as soon as I confirm that Sylvie will be coming along as well. Let me know if you need any help with the routes. We can also run some of the roads in advance if you have the time. smile.gif
McMark
We can also run some of the roads in advance if you have the time.

How's your Saturday looking? driving.gif I'll even bring my 914. happy11.gif

If the weather cooperates.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.