Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 2007, now the WCR 2007
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
McMark
BIG NEWS!!!!

The schedule has been changed slightly. Renting the autocross course for a private event wasn't possible for the number of cars we will have in attendance. So now we are piggybacking onto the Empire Sports Car Association (ESCA) AX in Santa Rosa on Saturday. Because this change unexpectedly increases the cost, there will be $30 track fees if you want to autocross. I will be contacting everyone who signed up to notify them of this change. I will need to know AHEAD OF TIME if you will be participating. The ESCA insurance will only cover club members. I will be paying all of the join-up dues for those who will be participating. This also means that spectators are unfortunately not allowed unless they pay $20 to sign up. This will be a great alternative and the ESCA people are a great group of people. We just didn't have enough signups and staffing to run a private autocross when decision time rolled around.

So, the new schedule is:

Friday - Arrive, Meet & Greet, Beer-N-Brats
Saturday - ESCA Autocross
Sunday Morning - Wash-N-Shine, Car Show, Tech Quiz
Sunday Afternoon - Coastal Drive and Group Pictures
Sunday Evening - Closing Dinner, Raffle, Thanks
Monday Morning - Goodbyes

IPB ImageClick here to Register

The official participant sign up sheet is now available. You must register for the event to participate. Please sign up on this page.

ALSO: I have decided to run the event under the PCA 914 SIG umbrella. The SIG will supply event insurance, funds, as well as other benefits. I'm very excited about this move! thumb3d.gif So the West Coast Classic is now known as the West Coast Ramble!

HOTEL
The Sonoma Double Tree is the hotel for this event and is now set up to accept registrations. Here is the info straight from the horse's mouth...

I just wanted to let you know that your rooms are entered and people can begin calling 800-222-8733 to make reservations under the 914 WORLD WEST COAST. If guests prefer they can also book on-line using the group code WW9.

Rooms are $155 per night, which is the going rate for a decent hotel in NorCal.

DATES & SCHEDULE
Dates are June 15-18. This is fathers day weekend.

The schedule of events is:

Friday - Arrival, check in, hang out.
Saturday - Drive
Sunday - Wash-N-Shine Show, judging, tech sessions, dinner, awards ceremony
Monday - West Coast Classic only AX

I will add details as they become available.

mueba.gif
Jumpy.gif

It's gonna be a great event!
Andyrew
Where at exactly??

6 months away!! ahh!!
Aaron Cox
"where?"

and why did bill give you internet access? LOL

ill be there!
Crazyhippy
Gotta rep the 94.... try again 94... dammit

914 club biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Dec 9 2006, 10:32 PM) *

Gotta rep the 94.... try again 94... dammit

914 club biggrin.gif

that sounds soo familiar.... bootyshake.gif
Andyrew
What did I do now???

Uggg.. I need more hours in the day...
Grimstead
Only 5 replys?? Did you tell them it's going to be at your house?

That's it, WEP going back up in 5....4....3...2....
McMark
Hehehe, Hi Bill!

BTW, I remembered other Bills, specifically Bill Pickering. wacko.gif But Bill is still a weird name. tongue.gif

The event will be in Rohnert Park, CA. Lots of great roads and scenery. I'm so excited to have the hotel locked down. Now I can get on the planning 'the fun stuff'
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 9 2006, 10:23 PM) *

"where?"

and why did bill give you internet access? LOL

ill be there!

You gonna tow it up?
Gustl
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 10 2006, 09:15 AM) *

The event will be in Rohnert Park, CA. Lots of great roads and scenery.

any chance to point this out on a CA-map - for guys which are not so familiar with this area rolleyes.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
reverie
smile.gif

DNHunt
Yahoo, let's get the countdown started.
Jeroen
way to go Mark!!!
clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(reverie @ Dec 10 2006, 12:51 PM) *

smile.gif

IPB Image

many thanks thumb3d.gif

I've no idea about the distance to San Francisco ... how long would a road trip take?

wavey.gif Gustl
DNHunt
I've no idea about the distance to San Francisco ... how long would a road trip take?

I think that depends on the time of day. Mapquest says 48.5 miles, 78.3 k, 1 hr. boldblue.gif

Dave
Jeroen
Gustl,
SF is just outside the bottom edge of the picture
Gustl
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Dec 10 2006, 03:17 PM) *

Mapquest says 48.5 miles, 78.3 k, 1 hr. boldblue.gif

many thanks pray.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Dec 10 2006, 03:19 PM) *

Gustl,
SF is just outside the bottom edge of the picture

thanks Jeroen,
that was pretty clear for me - but the map has no scale info, so I didn't know if it's 50 miles or 500 miles

but now this mystery is solved thumb3d.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
jim_hoyland
Congrats for the decision and getting 2007 going thumb3d.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE(reverie @ Dec 10 2006, 05:51 AM) *

smile.gif

We came out there for a trip couple of years back and went up HWY 1 to Mill Valley and cut back over to San Rafael through Fairfax. I think I about killed the rack and pinion on the rent car happy11.gif More twists than Chubby Checker doing his dance. driving.gif "Thats Twists for you younger guys"
J P Stein
I ain't much for "drives" & drinkin'/BS sessions....call me anitsocial if you will, but I am big on AX. If there is an AX on Saturday/Sunday in the bay area, I could make this and the WWC AX on Monday......I need a plan biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 10 2006, 08:08 AM) *

I ain't much for "drives" & drinkin'/BS sessions....call me anitsocial if you will, but I am big on AX. If there is an AX on Saturday/Sunday in the bay area, I could make this and the WWC AX on Monday......I need a plan biggrin.gif

JP I would bet my helmet between the 'CCA and the PCA and even the ESCA and other clubs, you may be able to autocross the tires off that Yeller Beast... All these clubs should be publishing schedules soon.
Porsche Rescue
Now I've heard it all: JP "ain't much for BS". Ya sure!
Since I have moved south, Rohnert Park is only 360 miles away. Need to mark the calendar.
Mueller
only 74 miles away !!!!

that means that if my 914 breaks down, AAA can tow me back home, hahahaha biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Aw crap....I'm in.

I can help trailer up Howie or SLITs. Having a support vehicle and trailer will prolly help.

BTW...when ya says "Monday - 914Club only AX"

Care to expand?
Allan
I think my wife has plans for us to be in Turkey visiting her folks. sad.gif

I never stay as long as she does so hopefully I'll be able to schedule my trip around this.
boxstr
Let me know when you will need sponsors.
Lets see Fathers Day, Wifes Birthday, L.A. Roadster show, WCC.
CCLINDECISIONSDECISIONS
McMark
Z, my only implication of the AX at this point is to say that we are not piggybacking on anyone else's event. We are renting the AX space ourselves and we'll be the only ones out there.
effutuo101
I see a road trip in my near future... a road trip with high speed sections followed by very twisty roads.....I see vineyards to drop my wife off for the day.... I see....a new set of tires shortly after. I am going back to the garage to get the latest round of cleaning done.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Dec 10 2006, 08:49 AM) *

Since I have moved south, Rohnert Park is only 360 miles away. Need to mark the calendar.

I should clarify.
I got nutin' against BS when booze isn't involved.
To paraphrase an old bartender friend.
"I can't stand drunks unless I'm drunk too"

pete-stevers
WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!
i can't wait...Sher and I will be there....
we would like to contribute some how....

Steve
ConeDodger
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Dec 10 2006, 10:44 AM) *

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!
i can't wait...Sher and I will be there....
we would like to contribute some how....

Steve

Bring Groceries Grocery Boy!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 10 2006, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Dec 10 2006, 08:49 AM) *

I should clarify.
I got nutin' against BS when booze isn't involved.
To paraphrase an old bartender friend.
"I can't stand drunks unless I'm drunk too"

I agree. I bartended in college and after seeing how stupid people who were drinking were acting I did a lot less drinking myself.

JP I perused the obvious Nor Cal Autocross sites to see who has a schedule up and only SCCA SFR Sacramento Chapter has anything on the schedule so far and it doesn't line up. But the good news is no one has anything on the schedule yet so surely something will line up for you. ESCA and Redwood Region both use Charles Schultz so the chances of them having an event on Saturday and or Sunday are fair as well...
Trevorg7
Bummer - The absolute worst weekend during the summer for me. sad.gif

So much already booked for the 16th and 17th.

T
pete-stevers
dun't think i can bring veggies through the quarantine ....
but if we are doing a barbie...i can bring some great farmer sausage...
its harder to keep stuff cold in a cooler when the oil cooler is going to be running hot...perhaps i 'll tow the harlot behind the jeep.....mmmm short wheel base jeep with a full loaded trailer.....36hours of driving...we will see...
SirAndy
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Dec 10 2006, 06:17 AM) *

I think that depends on the time of day. Mapquest says 48.5 miles, 78.3 k, 1 hr. boldblue.gif

except, you didn't count for the bay area traffic ... biggrin.gif

gustl, if you flew into san francisco (SFO) which is south of the city, you would drive up 101, get off on 19th street which takes you through the city (golden gate park), back onto 101 and over the golden gate bridge and all the way up to Rohnert Park. 101 narrows down from 3 lanes to two lanes after Novato and traffic on a weekend will be horrible, all the way from the airport up to Rohnert Park ...

you'd be lucky to make the trip in 2 hours ...
bye1.gif Andy

PS: having said that, just fly in a bit early, get a nice rental car, spend a few hours in San Francisco, walk the Golden Gate Bridge, and then head up to the WCC.
if you get in early in the morning, you can spend all day sight-seeing and you don't have to rush things ...
Brando
Oh shnap, that's a ways up there.

I'm only going this year if:

1.) I get the new engine in my 914
2.) I get the bodywork done (and primed)
3.) I do not, absolutely do not have to drive through fucking San Leandro.

Sounds fun smile.gif

So, when is the SWCC07? poke.gif
mightyohm
THANK YOU for once again making the WCC in my backyard! n happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif

Looking forward to it!!
Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 10 2006, 09:16 PM) *

PS: having said that, just fly in a bit early, get a nice rental car, spend a few hours in San Francisco, walk the Golden Gate Bridge, and then head up to the WCC.
if you get in early in the morning, you can spend all day sight-seeing and you don't have to rush things ...

Andy, if I really could manage this, be sure that I won't fly 10 or 12 hrs in one direction just to visit the WCC'07 and nothing else ... this event would have to be embedded in a 2 (or 3?) weeks holiday ...

But there's a lot of time till the WCC - and lots of things might happen ...

anyway, many thanks for explanation thumb3d.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
URY914
Only 2,943.36 miles. laugh.gif

Looks like I'll be flying in again. thumb3d.gif

Can I borrow a car for the a/x???
Brando
Bring me a gallon or two of bondo and I might have a 944 for you to borrow wink.gif

QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 10 2006, 01:52 PM) *

J P Stein

Since ya didn't beat me at the last WCC AX you can have another chance at this one biggrin.gif

BTW, you're one of the few....maybe the only, that hasn't beat me in my own car happy11.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 10 2006, 12:15 AM) *

I'm so excited to have the hotel locked down. Now I can get on the planning 'the fun stuff'

So what Hotel did ya lock in with? The Double Tree???

.....b
URY914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 10 2006, 03:24 PM) *

Since ya didn't beat me at the last WCC AX you can have another chance at this one biggrin.gif

BTW, you're one of the few....maybe the only, that hasn't beat me in my own car happy11.gif

OK, I'll try again. This time I'll use the brakes.
nocones
Mark,

Let me know if I can help in any way. I'm only 5-10 minutes up the road in E. Santa Rosa.
I may even have my car running with a little luck!
dekman
A/X to be held where??? Mark? I thought you were working on track time at Infineon Raceway? "Fathers Day"......how about picking a non-holiday? idea.gif
Andyrew
Track time at infineon would be my choice by far!!! Heck.. I'd pay 200 more for that..
Trekkor
I'm ready for the details now.

KT
nebreitling
totally unrealistic, guys. there are plenty of other options for people to get track time at infineon, anyway. if the AX is where i think it's at anyway, it will be extremely cool and potentially very fast. Sounds like Mark has planned out an awesome extended weekend for everyone!
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Dec 10 2006, 09:21 PM) *

totally unrealistic, guys. there are plenty of other options for people to get track time at infineon, anyway. if the AX is where i think it's at anyway, it will be extremely cool and potentially very fast. Sounds like Mark has planned out an awesome extended weekend for everyone!

agree.gif infineon is waaaaaay out of our league at this point ...

the AX *will* be great, and yes, the location allows ofr some rather fast sections ...
driving.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.