Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last Dash For VAN Cash!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 22 2003, 08:01 AM)
Yes, it chokes me up just thinking about finally delivering the van, I won't miss that for the world!! You gonna show up for it? I hope you can as Dave is really a great guy and worth all the effort.

Geoff

My schedule won't permit it. I know someone will post pictures for all us guy's across the country. There's been some great donations today. I thought we would have stalled out by now. Day and a half to go. Every buck counts now more than ever. Gotta go out and get some work done in garage now. I'll check in later.
Brad Roberts
I will be able to make the drive..dont know how I will get back.. but we will firgure that out.

B
fiid
When do you think you will drive up?
How long will it take?

I might be able to go with and bring you back.

Fiid.

Maybe we can make it a convoy? A procession of 914s going up the west coast?
scottb
i got dibs on a ride with dave when i am out that way in august visiting family. i will keep the 'herbal' tea from spilling!!! mueba.gif chairfall.gif
914MF
driving.gif Glad to help.
Qarl
Wow! Thanks everyone. This really makes me smile. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Think about all we've done. Geoff and Brad and I think Bruce started this drive.. Pretty soon we started raising money with a story and some photos.

I got the letter published in Excellence magazine (not sure if it helped, but we got exposure). And I held my "matching contribution" campaign when everyone chipped in.

And then there were a half dozen or so e-bay auctions that directed the funds towards this effort (bearings, custom airbrushed t-shirts, new and used parts!)

Then the big swap meet at that heat exchanger place...

And the big effort to pick up the car from the psycho sales woman... and the quest to transport it up north.

And the engine saga....

And look where we are... within sight of the finishing line. Way to go.... EVERYONE!!! clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

Thank you so much.
rick 918-S
I can truely say I've never seen anything like this. If this kind of fund raising were done by one of the big charity's the recipents would be lucky to receive 10 cents on the dollar. Were getting closer but the clock is ticking boys and girls. No donation is too small. Give from you heart an know all the money is going directly to a friend.
Bruce Allert
I think we ought'a contact one of the movie guys. This could be a big hit at the box office. How about Stephen Speilberg?
NO WAIT idea.gif Stephen King would be best... Kinda like his movie Christine laugh.gif But there'd be a good twist at the end when we get the VW to Daves house.... clap56.gif
bruce
Brad Roberts
I can stick a letter in George Lucas' mail box. He lives one exit up from me and two exits up from the shop.

Ok.. as of 3:04 am Sunday morning: 2806.44

Only 100$ since 1pm or so.

B
cnavarro
There, made my $200 donation. That should bring us over the $3000 hurdle. Sorry it came so late. Hope it helps!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
rick 918-S
Your right on time for this cnavarro. Very generious donation! See guys, it's not hard, and it doesn't hurt. We needed your donation to wake us all up this morning. Great job. clap56.gif clap56.gif Come on Gals, and Guys. smile.gif Just click, click, click, smile.gif No donation is too small. You can even make it annonamus. "B" will just add it in. We are doing this! Looks like I'm pouring coffee again this morning. Here's one for you cnavarro my friend. Who's next....
krk
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Nov 23 2003, 05:21 AM)
Looks like I'm pouring coffee again this morning. Here's one for you cnavarro my friend. Who's next....

Coffee in the morning is a must!

"morning rich" laugh.gif

kim.
Brad Roberts
3006.44$ clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

Thanks Charles.

I can see me driving a van with naked chicks hanging off the wheelchair lift now... lol2.gif

B
Bleyseng
I think we should deliver the van to Dave at HOOTERS!!!

Geoff
Bruce Allert
Wouldn't that be a kick in'da butt!!! Deffinetly would need the video cam for that mueba.gif best idea I've heard yet.
Bruce
KaptKaos
I'm in for a few. I think I did it right. I used the donate link in the top right corner.

What's the running total?

- Joe
rick 918-S
QUOTE(krk @ Nov 23 2003, 08:03 AM)
Looks like I'm pouring coffee again this morning. Here's one for you cnavarro my friend. Who's next....

"morning rich" laugh.gif

kim.

Hey Kim! Sorry, Didn't mean to ignore you all day. I polished off the coffee and went out to the garage. I now have primer on the M3! Woo Hoo!

KaptKaos, Yes that's the Pay Pal button. You did the right thing. Brad will give us the total as soon as he checks in. I'm sure he is breathing a sigh of relief. Do you all realize what this means to Dave and his family?

OK, I kicked in too. there is still time to click on the pay pal box for a friend. No one is forcing anyone to do it. Just help with what you can. Your $ 10.00 is that much less Brad will have to ask for tomorrow. We all know he's great at giving confused24.gif and average asking for help laugh.gif

You all have seen me spurring this cause on. I wouldn't do it if I thought I was asking for something we couldn't do. We all got behind this and were going to finish it in grand style! You guy's and gal's are the best! clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
krk
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Nov 23 2003, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE(krk @ Nov 23 2003, 08:03 AM)

"morning rich" laugh.gif

kim.

Hey Kim! Sorry, Didn't mean to ignore you all day. I polished off the coffee and went out to the garage. I now have primer on the M3! Woo Hoo!

Oh sure. Now you're pressuring me by actually *working* on an alleged "car" today. Sure, it's not a Pcar, but it's German. Sheesh. What next? More pics of your 8? You would shame us all into action then -- in preparation for The Classic™. (don't do it .... the massive number of 914'a on the road for the classic would swamp all local facilities and the fun factor would bring the Governator down to talk to us all)

laugh.gif laugh.gif

mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

Ok. It's sunday night, and I won an ebay item for less than expected.

Brad-o-la (that's his new title folks, he's too bashful to say it -- he may pronounce it "brad-o-la-la-la, I'm not completely sure), please add $50 to the check I owe you. If that don't kick the week off, we're missing the game here. This puppy needs a home, and we are The Delivery Van™.

(I know -- you're thinking "hey kim, wtf? A delivery van? That's the best you can do? From a marketing perspective, you should be saying "we're the Elise" or "we're the new carrea"." Sorry folks -- Delivery Vans RULE! They bring nearly everything that matters.... FedEx, The Brown Guys, etc .... think "function over form" .... but I digress)

I will admit to being willing to participate in Delivery Options. Once we're locked and loaded, this will definitely be the final game!!!!!

Till then, follow an Alien's advice tonight.

Sleep well.

kim.
Brad Roberts
3166.44$

B
Korijo
Just got back from an early turkey day, and see this IPB Image

Everyone deserves a pat on the butt (like football, ya know ?) IPB Image

Damn Seahawks !?!? IPB Image
rick 918-S
Hi Dave! wavey.gif The thought of Turkey makes me sleepy. I'm going to crash.. Tomorrows the day.
Korijo
Hey there, Rich. Thanks again for the positive attitude. It DOES help IPB Image

We got another turkey day on Tues, too IPB Image
Brad Roberts

NICE.

Let the good times roll.

B
Carrera916
Aahhh clap56.gif

Just paypal'ed $25 tonight and I wish I could throw more...but heck, if you need a driver or someone to bitch along the ride, just get me...that's the best I can offer now.

I'm glad this is almost over and boy, I do feel for Dave having to hold on to this for so long....Dave, now you can savor this and let us know how it goes when you get it (that's if I don't get to drive or being bitched at.... wink.gif )!

j
Brad Roberts
I may hunt you down for part of the drive. I know you volunteered WAY BACK to do this.

B
Brad Roberts
3249.44$

B
Korijo
Just talked to Phil. Should be done by the end of the day. He said the total is around 5K. Is this correct ?? Motor was 2K, right ?? 3K in labor ?? WTF ??

Brad, I vaguely remember that there was enough left in the fund for the motor (before the "Last Dash"). Am I wrong ? Do we still need 1800$ ??
DuckRyder
Brad,

I paypalled a small donation on the 22'nd, it says "Unclaimed". just wanted to make sure you got it.

Sorry it couldn't be more, money's tight, hope it helps.......
d914
leaving for a week, did a pay pal sometime in the last week or so small but...let us know the total.. when I get back I'll try do more..
d914
screw it, the dually doesn't suck up THAT much gas, again not much hope it helps..
Brad Roberts
I just went thru and "claimed" all of them. Paypal only shows 20 some odd transactions per page... several of them where buried 3 pages away and I didnt see them.

B
Brad Roberts
Dave,

We never planned to reveal a number until AFTER we had a total. I did not get the engine at discount (couldt find one period.. so the dealership nailed us for the full amount)

Not much we can do about it but eat it and go on. Currently we have 3545$ Several people bailed out during the last one and we ended up real short. I knew we would be short.. but I also knew I had several people telling me they would step up and help us pay off the total. They are hard to find now that we are close.

This will make the van a 18k dollar van... NICE. Why do you think I persued the "legal advice" ??

B
rick 918-S
Hi Brad, We did really good this weekend. Sorry to hear about the shortage caused by the pull out of funds on the first round. What's next? Do We keep going or do you have a plan? If you don't object I could try to track down the owner of the dealership and see if I can talk him into sponsoring us a little. As you can tell I like to fix things. Just say the work. Were here for ya.
Korijo
We never planned to reveal a number until AFTER we had a total.

I didnt know that I wasn't supposed to say anything. Sorry.
rick 918-S
Hi Dave, No big deal on the info about the cost. That's just a number. I'm not sure Brad's done over there yet. Just another hurtle. Everything is negotciable. We will see where it ends up.
Brad Roberts
Rich,

I tried unsuccessfully to locate a owner for the dealership (they own several) Feel free to track them down. I can sell them on it or you can.

First. I want to hear that the van is DONE.

B
rick 918-S
I here ya bra da...
rick 918-S
I just spoke with a nice guy at the dealership. Keep your fingers crossed.
Bruce Allert
The wind in my sails went away a few posts back.... sad.gif
they're beginning to fill once again.
Thanks Rich smile.gif
bruce
rick 918-S
Thanks Bruce, I'm waiting for a return call. I explained the club and our attempt at helping Dave to Diana. she refered me to Jim. He's a Porshe Guy. She thought if anyone could get the answers were looking for he could. We shall see.
ArtechnikA
i'm in.

haven't promised anything before now, so this is right outta the sky ...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Nov 25 2003, 10:17 AM)
i'm in.

haven't promised anything before now, so this is right outta the sky ...

I'm confused confused24.gif did you send a gift from Heaven via Pay Pal? wink.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Nov 25 2003, 10:28 AM)
... did you send a gift from Heaven via Pay Pal?

no, it's from me.
rick 918-S
laugh.gif Thanks, I'm still waiting to here from the dealer.... mad.gif keepin g a positive additude though wub.gif feel the WUB!
Brad Roberts
3645$ as of 11:15 am.

B
seanery
Brad,
Is that the total in the account, or just the new amount?
Brad Roberts
Total. Everything. Every penny.

B
Brad Roberts
$3,661.86 USD

Part of my problem of reporting.. I would report BEFORE PayPal pulled their fees.

For example.. somebody just put in 20.00. I get the email saying 20.00.. so I post.. then when I claim it.. we lose .88 cents. That ads up over time. I did the same thing way back and just noticed what they are doing.

B
Brad Roberts
$3,685.83 USD

B
rick 918-S
Still waiting for the call. It's 3:30 here. I'm waiting until like 4:15 or 4:20 and I hope to make another call. I'm going to see if Jim has access to the web in his office. I want to point him to this thread so he knows were the real deal and not just a guy trying to beat them out of the bill.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.