Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last Dash For VAN Cash!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Brad Roberts
Now you feel my pain... wait...wait...wait....wait....wait some more....

b
rick 918-S
Called and spoke with Jimmy. He stated they wanted to be sure the thing was working. He stated that in speaking with Phillip he was told that someone was to supply an engine. I think I recall an early convsersation about that. Ended up in having the dealer get one so Dave would have the warrentee. I guess the dealer engine is the big jump in price. That and the loss of some pledges promised is making up the shortage. Jimmy told me he is having Phillip call me. But I have high hopes, a clear head, and a positive additude.
Brad Roberts
It was only going to save us 300$ if I ordered the engine from VW through a shop down here. They knew all along that it was going to be a factory engine. The words (used engine) never came out of my mouth. I explained to them that I could buy from VWOA also.. when the engine was back ordered 15 times... I told them to order it that we where not saving enough money to justify me/us tracking down an engine.

You are now getting what I have dealt with for how many months now ?? Plain BULLSHIT from the word GO.

They bounce you around and "protect" each other from having to deal with "people"

B
rick 918-S
Sorry If it sounded like I was referring to the engine as used. Jimmy really didn't say that. I understand why you had the dealer take over. They have more clout If they choose to excersize it. If we can buy the engine with a
$ 300.00 price break they should be able to help with that too. I didn't hear back from Phillip today. I wasn't really expecting to after Jimmy told me They wanted to be sure the thing ran out good first. If they call you Brad or Dave let me know. Part of the problem (very small part) is the van doesn't really belong to me. When the van is finished they may call the contact number they have in the work order.
Brad Roberts
I have been forwarding my cell phone to the shop phone so I dont miss any calls while I'm at the shop.

B
Gint
That damn van still isn't done?!?!

If Steve can say "toot toot" I guess I can throw in another few clams. Paypal is sent.

Hey Brad,

How 'bout some stickers?
rick 918-S
Sure, Just show up bearing gifts... idea.gif Great Idea! Glad to see your still around here in the nicest way. clap56.gif
Brad Roberts
he did...

$3,782.63 USD

B
rick 918-S
Anyone heard anything? I'm about to call Phil.
rick 918-S
I just spoke with Phillip. He was very Pleasant. They are still tuning the van up. He stated it would be done on Friday. He was very understanding. I pointed him to the site. He stated he was going to finalize the bill and bring it into his manager. This was a very nice conversation. I think it went well. He took my phone numbers and told me he would call friday. I'll keep you all posted. If these guy's come through we will have to light a fire across the net for them. I know the van was there for a long time but were close now. However it comes out, it comes out. They don't owe us anything but the job we hired them for. Just like no one twisted our arms to help Dave and his family. They did there part We will need to do ours.
krk
Rich,

I'm glad the call went well. You rock.

kim.
Korijo
Awesome Rich, plain 'ole awesome. aktion035.gif

Headed down to Hillsboro, Oregon for Turkey Day. Be back Sat.

Happy Thanksgiving !!

The Cawdrey's

smilie_rolli_1.gif driving-girl.gif dance.gif calvin.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Korijo @ Nov 26 2003, 06:54 PM)

HillsBurrito???!!!! that's just a couple'a miles from where I'll be about 6pm! Gotta go to Ryderwood Wa. first for turkeyday lunch wit mah folks! Man... am I gonna be FULLLLLLL barf.gif
Brad Roberts
Rich,

The dealership is a Porsche dealer also.. we can put together an event for them if they like.

B
Brad Roberts
$4,025.88 USD clap56.gif clap56.gif

Kim... do you know anyone with PayPal or Ebay ??

I would like to have the friggin fees dropped a little "charity and all"

I dont know who to contact over there. I used to know a few "ladies" that worked over there.. but I cant contact them (if you know what I mean)

B
rick 918-S
QUOTE(krk @ Nov 26 2003, 04:41 PM)
Rich,

kim.

Well I'm no hero. Not doing it for the glory. Doing it because it is the right thing to do. The dealer has every right to collect. But atleast we asked.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Korijo @ Nov 26 2003, 05:54 PM)
Awesome Rich, plain 'ole awesome. aktion035.gif

Happy Thanksgiving !!

The Cawdrey's

smilie_rolli_1.gif driving-girl.gif dance.gif calvin.gif

We should have an answer from Phillip by then. Enjoy the family time. Our family Wi'll be thinkin about your family. wavey.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 26 2003, 06:18 PM)
Rich,

The dealership is a Porsche dealer also.. we can put together an event for them if they like.

B

Man, that would be great! A 914 promotion for Family VW/ Porsche. It's a natual on all levels. Their Dealership Family helping our 914 family helping Dave and his family. It's a perfect fit. We shall see.. Even if they don't commit to helping us out, I'll be sure to fly that trial balloon by them on a second pass.
seanery
Let's offer the dealership a "free" sponsorship package for the West Coast Classic if they do us right.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 26 2003, 07:24 PM)
$4,025.88 USD clap56.gif clap56.gif

Kim... do you know anyone with PayPal or Ebay ??

I would like to have the friggin fees dropped a little "charity and all"

I dont know who to contact over there. I used to know a few "ladies" that worked over there.. but I cant contact them (if you know what I mean)

B

Sheeeze, With a few more donations and great Idea's like seeing if pay pal will waive the fees we may not need the dealers discount. We are closing the gap. Great Idea. Not sure it's something that can be achieved in a day though. But what do I know. It is true, It's who you know in this world...
Brad Roberts
I have "lots" of great idea's... just cant follow thru on half of them (no money)

B
krk
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Nov 26 2003, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE(krk @ Nov 26 2003, 04:41 PM)
Rich,

kim.

Well I'm no hero. Not doing it for the glory. Doing it because it is the right thing to do. The dealer has every right to collect. But atleast we asked.

Which is *exactly* why I get to say it.

You rock.

kim.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 26 2003, 09:45 PM)
Let's offer the dealership a "free" sponsorship package for the West Coast Classic if they do us right.

I like it. Brad? That's some real Value. I'll pose the question on the planning thread for feed back on this idea.
Brad Roberts
I have no problem with it.. just dont know what we can offer. Their dealership is 2-3 hours away from the *site*

B
DuckRyder
couls we offer them some advertizing in the form of a banner or something for a period of time?
rick 918-S
Kinda goes against the vendor neutral theme, But Hey, Anything could happen here. May make them members and put an ad in the members stuff for sale area. That's not my call. Good idea though. We'll see what the admins. say.
Malmz
How short are we and is this actually holding up pickup of the van right now? Sorry, been too busy for the board lately... I see the total in the Paypal account but don't see the actual amount we need. We should have that exact figure by now if we already don't.

I though with the intake we would have the van a week and a half ago... then the hoses... now another week... just irritating.

sm
biosurfer1
as for the advertising thing, i dont think it would be going against the neutral thing, just explain how they helped us out and we are in turn doing them a favor, i doubt it would offend anyone here... i would also assume with 1300 members here, most belonging to other sites, that word of mouth would also be a good thing for them, seems like there are a lot of people looking for a good dealership, for parts if nothing else. Great job everyone, by the way, hope the van is everything Dave needs it to be!!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Malmz @ Nov 27 2003, 09:09 AM)
How short are we and is this actually holding up pickup of the van right now?  Sorry, been too busy for the board lately...  I see the total in the Paypal account but don't see the actual amount we need.  We should have that exact figure by now if we already don't.

I though with the intake we would have the van a week and a half ago... then the hoses... now another week... just irritating.  

sm

Hi Steve, When I spoke with Phillip Yesterday he stated The Van would be done on Friday. They will be open the day after Turkey day. Phillip stated he was going to look through the bill, print it,and put it on his managers desk. I guess in my haste (and the fact I was on a company cell call) I didn't ask for the total. Last we heard the bill was over $ 5000.00. It's posted someplace here. Were close to having enough to seal the deal anyway. Looks like the last update was yesterday $ 4025.88
rick 918-S
Ok, here's the facts as I have them today. The van is running but has a valve cover leak. This is a warrentee issue. The cost to repair will not add to the bill. Phillip stated they ordered a valve cover. I asked if they couldn't just replace the gasket. Phillip stated. The cover was installed by the rebuilder and probably over tightened and warped. They are replacing the whole cover under the warrentee. The new part is expected to arrive on monday by 9:00 am. The warrentee repair should be completed by noon.

Here's an overview of the van history as recapped by Phillip. He stated he was contacted and asked if he would do the install on the van. His original agreement included a supplied engine from us. When the van arrived by tow truck they discovered the engine was partially disassemabled. The guy that took apart the connectors and took the parts off threw the parts in a box. There is going to be an added charge for having to search out and fix the problems created by the first shop. Like it or not Some shops won't even work on vehicles that come in disassembled. Phillip stated if he had know the vehicle was taken apart he would have turned down the repair.

I was told the current bill is $ 4998.00. This does not include the additional labor for hunting through the van for the wiring connectors and other parts that were removed from the van.

Phillip stated he has informally discussed this with his manager Tom and there is a possible 10% discount on parts and labor they could offer. But he did not have the final bill yet. SO Were getting a discount. How much is not clear yet. Phillip Stated he would call me around noon PC time That's around 2:00 pm here on monday.

That's all I know.
Jeroen
Thanks for keeping us posted Rich... you're doing a great job!

cheers,

Jeroen
rick 918-S
I want to take a minute to thank everyone for not going off. This became extremely diffecult for me to sit back and watch week after week. Thanks to Brad giving me the go ahead to make a few calls I've Kept busy anyway. I'm not sure the discount is adding up to much but it's something.
krk
Rich,

Thx for publishing updates -- "information tames the raging beast" (at least in me anyway!). Closing any deal takes patience and focus. Things can always go sideways at the end -- patience and levelheadedness are usually the best way to drive the entire project through to completion. (I'm with Ya-Roon -- it's cool to watch a "closer in action" laugh.gif)

It will be fun when the only problem we have is getting the vehicle from south to north!

kim.
914werke
Ok late to the Party. Im in.
rick 918-S
rdauenhauer, Thanks man, We still have a gap to close so anything you can do is great. Your not late. Your just in time.
Qarl
smile.gif
Brad Roberts
As of 11:43 Pm Sunday night:

$4,380.06 USD

I was away from the computer 98% of the time this past 3-4 days. Sorry for the late update and a special thanks to the last 3 contributors.

B
Malmz
Have you guys considered how you are going to get the money from Paypal to the dealer w/o holding the Van another 7-10 days (Paypal's normal time to get a check from them)? I'm thunkin' the dealer doesn't take Paypal... Is the Paypal attached to a sweep account that will allow a tranfer of this size in the 1-2 day (Paypal's normal sweep time) for this amount of money?

The other option is that somebody is holding a Paypal debit card that is attached to this account. Brad?

Just don't want to get to a point where there is another un-forseen delay.

sm
Brad Roberts
No worries. My Pyapal account has a credit card attached to it/debit card backed by MasterCard. I even made sure it doesnt have some wierd daily credit limit (which is the reason why I used the business account for all914)

B
rick 918-S
Latest update on the Van.

The Valve cover arrived. But when they went to install the thing it was missing some special grommits that are needed to complete the warrentee repair. Phillip placed them on order. He assured me they would be in Wednesday and the van would be complete then.

Phillip also stated They test drove it a few times and it ran out fine. No problems with over heating, just the oil leak.

He is faxing me a copy of the invoice for review. I had ejm volenteer to verify the parts prices to be sure were not being charged on a metrix. Phillip stated he would be sure they are at least at MSR. We will receive a true discount based on real pricing.

We need to put this back into the hands of the pickup and delivery crew soon. The van is running. I'm just waiting for the outcome of the discount and my part is done.
Brad Roberts
I have spoken to a few people about getting down their to pick it up within a day or so notice. Worst case scenerio..if somebody cant drive me down.. I'll run down with the truck and trailer. You just tell me when to GO.

B
rick 918-S
I'll be away from the computer tuesday night. I'm traveling Tuesday late in the day for a meeting in the MN Service Office (180 miles away) on Wednesday. The meeting is supposed to be done by around 1:30 pm central time. I'll call Phillip then if he doesn't call my cell. I'll post an update Wednesday night When I arrive home.

I'm assuming Phillip will fax the invoice yet today. If not I will bug him about it again tomorrow.
Steve
Sorry I'm late. I just opened this thread.
I just donated $50.00 through paypal.

Merry early Christmas Dave and Happy late Thanksgiving!!!

regards,

Steve
rick 918-S
Thanks for the Kindness Steve. The Van is Nearly done. There is still an expense to move it up to Dave and his family. Your never too late. Just in the nick of time. clap56.gif
shoguneagle
Brad, just let me know if you need a ride and to where; this retirement is making me "stir-crazy". If needed, I can move on a one day notice or less. Things are working out. Christmas can happen any day of the year. This a very, very nice thing that the contributors from all sources are making for Dave; even they are getting a xmas present by participating in this activity

Steve Hurt
Shoguneagle
Carrera916
Brad,

If needed, I can hop after two on Friday to either fetch the van from south or drive her up north over the weekend. Only bad part is that the wife with kids keeps the good car and i'm stuck with the bad one that can only be driven locally.

I can drive up the van and take the bus home if it can be factor in with the expense. I'm fully aware the van bill is a bit higher than the contribution so I might fork the expense to take a ride home....just let me know if I fit in the driving crew...as least I could help Dave out with my engery more than I can throw in cold cash....smile.gif

j
krk
(We should probably have a separate thread to get the ride planned)

Brad, I too can do a day trip in either direction from the south bay. That is, we can easily run down and pick the sucker up and drive it back. There are occasional days I'm unavailable, but most days are filled with "movable work items."

kim.
Brad Roberts
10:45pm Monday Dec. 1

$4,404.03 USD

Paypal gave me .28 LOL

B
Eric Taylor
Ok, I just sent another $20. Hope it helps.
Eric
Jeroen
Come guys!
Just a couple a bux more for PayPal charges, gas & food for the delivery-guy (he can sleep in the Van biggrin.gif)

The Van may be late, but we'll be able to give the Korijo family an early x-mas

cheers,

Jeroen

PS thanks to all that contributed and extra special thnx to Rich for playing phone-tag with the dealer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.