Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last Dash For VAN Cash!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
rick 918-S
Jeroen,

I just did what I do every day. Bug the crap out of people til I get what I want. laugh.gif I'm still working on the final money needed to get this van delivered. Come on guy's I got us an $ 1800.00 discount! Just a little more and were there. I'd sell a kidney on ebay but I only have one left. ohmy.gif
Howard
What's the balance needed?
fiid
Allright .. allright - I just put in another $100.

Fiid.
fiid
Everybody pitch in a bit more and we'll be there. Lets get this thing done.

Can we get numbers about where we are and where we are trying to get to??

l8r,

Fiid.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 1 2003, 10:34 PM)
10:45pm Monday Dec. 1

$4,404.03 USD

Paypal gave me .28 LOL

B

Brads last post shows the pay pal account at $ 4404.03 Yesterday The Van Bill is $ 4493.28 We have since received some generiuos donations. We should now have the Van Bill covered! The only thing left is getting the van to Dave & his Family. Brad can give us an Idea what we will be need to move the van north.

The total of the repair at retail: $ 6351.71
After the Discount: $ 4493.28
total savings: $ 1858.43
d914
here'e another tank full, or munchies, have a good trip

you guys do good work.
Brad Roberts
4593.72 usd

I'm using someones wireless sitting in a parking lot in Palo Alto...LOL I noticed my laptop had connection.

B
Bruce Allert
How cool!
will you take it along for the ride in the van delivery? We'll be able to plot yer course! beerchug.gif

..............b
Malmz
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 2 2003, 10:12 PM)
4593.72 usd

I'm using someones wireless sitting in a parking lot in Palo Alto...LOL I noticed my laptop had connection.

B

Of course, you wouldn't be devious enough to browse the Network Neighborhood...

sm
jonwatts
Let's wrap this up so we can get on to our next charity fundraiser. Little Jonny Watts only has about 40 years left to live and is in desperate need of a Z06 Boxster.
Brad Roberts
4690.52 USD

I didnt browse anything.. I was showing a customer some pics of a engine we built and I opened up IE and the club site popped up...LOL so I checked email and showed him the BBS.

B
Curvie Roadlover
Can we use the PayPal link to donate to the "Little Jonny Watts" fundraiser? The thought of poor little Jonny without that Boxter just breaks my heart. lol2.gif
KaptKaos
Are drivers needed to get the van north?
fiid
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Dec 2 2003, 10:58 PM)
Let's wrap this up so we can get on to our next charity fundraiser. Little Jonny Watts only has about 40 years left to live and is in desperate need of a Z06 Boxster.

Little Watts has to finish his subaru conversion before he takes on any extra projects....

LOL. lol2.gif

Fiid.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Dec 3 2003, 08:57 AM)
Are drivers needed to get the van north?

check with Brad. Last we heard he's looking for a ride. Don't know if he figured it out yet.
Brad Roberts
Rich,

I think I have a ride. Are we ready to go ?? Van done 100% no bullshit trinket grommet holding us up ??

B
rick 918-S
Phillip was out at VW school today. I spoke with Tom his manager I guess. Tom stated they have trouble getting parts out of VW this time of year. He stated no parts of any kind showed today. I asked him to check the local FLAPS. He was to check into another source and call me back. I waited about 2 hours and called to follow up. I got voice mail. I left a message stating Brad was waiting for a call from me to confirm completion and I hoped to hear back on this today. It's 5:45 (central time) here and no call back yet. I called a local Import parts place here. If I discribed the part correctly there are 10 required for the valve cover. The local parts guy shows their supplier has 126 instock @ .12 ea. Truly a Dollar waiting on a dime. My one apprehension is my supplier wasn't looking at the correct part. The part # he showed is a porsche number 900-31-014-30 maybe ejm can shed some light on this.
Brad Roberts
I need to work Friday... so I really need to pick it up Thursday or it will have to wait until Tuesday.

B
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 3 2003, 04:18 PM)
I need to work Friday... so I really need to pick it up Thursday or it will have to wait until Tuesday.

B

How far is the drive? How much lead time do you need? 6:45 here and no call.
Brad Roberts
It is 6 hour total drive one way. I need to leave here by noon to squeak in there by 6pm.

I can go on Friday.. but that is when I have help at the shop (Friday/Mondays) to get work done and I'm expecting some parts to be done by then also.

This weekend was/is a good weekend for me to drive to Seattle.. nothing planned for next weekend either.

b
Korijo
... nothing planned for next weekend either.

Next weekend would be best. Grandpa passed last night. Funeral is Mon.

Say a prayer for us.
kafermeister
Sorry to hear Dave. Hope the trip works out smooth.

Rick
Carrera916
Oh Dave....I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa....

Yes, You and your family will be in my thoughts of prayer....we'll figure out the delivery plan soon...

J
Bruce Allert
Dave, so sorry for your loss.
Hope to see you during the van delivery.

...........b
rick 918-S
Just got in and checked my voice mail. No messages from Tom. I did get info from Ed. (ejm)
My suspicion was right about my local parts guy looking up the wrong part. (can't blame a guy for trying, at least he tried) Ed (ejm)stated the remans are fitted with an up dated seal not usually found at the FLAPS. Also he confirmed the shut down cycle for VW. But also stated that he should start seeing parts in his service dept. tomorrow. So It looks like the van is there until VW decides to send the parts.

Sorry to hear about your Grand Father Dave. Looks like the dealer needs another week anyway confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
Thanks for the update Rich.

Dave.. sucks about your Grandfather.. I have lost both of mine.

Hang in there.. we will chear the place up a little when we roll into town.

b
rick 918-S
Call from Phillip. The van is done. Called Brad. He is making arrangements to pick it up. The balls in Brads. Court. I'm out of it!
seanery
sweet!
Brad Roberts
Hey Dave/Sean... my grandmother passed away today in Indy (dads side)..

Can we get some more death ?? Anyone Anyone ??

B
seanery
Sorry to hear about that Brad! sad.gif
krk
Rich, nice work to closure - now there's just a small matter of transport and Baby™ will be home.

Brad, sorry to hear about your grandmother.

kim.
Korijo
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !! The Van is done. Sweet !

Brad, sorry about your grandmother. I just got my Valume (sp?) for the funeral. I have nooo control over emotions in those situations...
shoguneagle
Dave and Brad,

I am very sorry to hear that each of you have suffered a great loss in your families. My wife and I are with you during these hours of grief, and time is the great healer. I do not know what is appropriate to say during this time; just remember, all the people on this board and all your friends are there with you

Steve and Sandy Hurt
Bruce Allert
Geeze Brad........ really sorry man.
When it rains, it pours.

.............b
fiid
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Dec 4 2003, 03:50 PM)
Dave and Brad,

I am very sorry to hear that each of you have suffered a great loss in your families. My wife and I are with you during these hours of grief, and time is the great healer. I do not know what is appropriate to say during this time; just remember, all the people on this board and all your friends are there with you

Steve and Sandy Hurt

agree.gif What they said. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

Fiid.
Jeroen
Dave / Brad, real sorry to hear about your losses...

Rich, once again, many thanks for taking care of the dealer issues!

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
Dave,

we may have to share some *drugs* when I bring the van up happy11.gif I just hope this year will end on a higher note. I really need for next year to better than this has. The only positive things right now are the van and this club site. Everything else is in the shitter right now.

Thanks Jeroen and others.. I'm down to one grandmother (moms side) and I just spoke with/sat with her back in Oct. She is healthier than most of us and she has smoked for 60+ years and drank Cokes/Pepsi's. I think the reason she is fine.... she doesnt drive and has never had a drivers license clap56.gif ...LOL

B
seanery
Yeah, she seems like she'll be around for a while. "Sharp as a tack!"

Brad, I lost my last grandparent last August. I know what you're going through, it sucks.
You wanna stay here? I've still got your blanket. Brembo liked to lay on it, so I washed it for ya.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.