Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the World needs now is... a progress thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
scotty b
headbang.gif
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 16 2009, 05:26 PM) *

I am trying to decide now if I want to go flares or not. See above about not being able to leave well enough alone...

Zach

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

DRIVE 914 !!

FIX JEEP !!!!!

FLARE 914 IN A YEAR OR TWO !!!

slap.gif slap.gif slap.gif

VaccaRabite
lol

I still intend to make 2010 the year of the Jeep. Flares, if they come, will be a later addition.

Zach
jonferns
Zach, your 914 would look sick with flares

idea.gif

Sell the jeep and build a /6?
scotty b
naughty.gif You should flare the Jeep ! thumb3d.gif
VaccaRabite
Jeep already has flares!

Can't sell it, though I am really tempted too sometimes. My son loves it, and I am looking forward to one day having a truck to do truck things with.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Just an update to show pictures of the brackets I made. I needed a better way to hold the VDO pressure and idiot light sender. I also needed to make a throttle cable bracket since I moved the linkage from the front of the carbs to the back of the carbs.

So, here is the throttle cable bracket I made. Yellow makes it faster.
IPB Image

And here is the VDO bracket:
IPB Image
There is an unpainted contact point in the channel of the VDO sender bracket that presses against the sender. Then the bracket grounds against the case. Works perfectly.

Zach
ghuff
That is a slick bracket. Good work. just be sure to coat it with something to dissuade corrosion and enhance the connection.
VaccaRabite
I went for the first drive of 2010 - just a few miles blasting around the backroads of PA. Got the back to slide out a little on one turn that I took a bit hotter then I like. Engine sounded GREAT! I think I have the 40s tuned in pretty well. No flat spots up to 4K, though I did not try any freeway miles.

Zach
jeffdon
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 5 2010, 02:56 PM) *

I went for the first drive of 2010 - just a few miles blasting around the backroads of PA. Got the back to slide out a little on one turn that I took a bit hotter then I like. Engine sounded GREAT! I think I have the 40s tuned in pretty well. No flat spots up to 4K, though I did not try any freeway miles.

Zach

Good on you! I plan on having mine on the road June/July.....

Currently....Click to view attachment
jsayre914
great news zach, now i need to get mine running 2 1/2 weeks left till hershey blink.gif

i saw 2 914s over the easter weekend, these things are everywhere nowdays laugh.gif the orange one was driving 83 south right past the pa74 exit on SAT about 2ish. The red one was comming from the direction of your house on 74 sunday and looked very modified.

pm me your email so i can send you some photos of your kid
VaccaRabite
So, for the entire winter of 2010/2011 my car has sat. Its been too cold, and I have been to busy/stressed to get out and work on it.

Today, FINALLY, I got out to the garage.

I pulled the leaky ass Eurorace off again to try and get it to seal. I am going to try a pipe expander and get the pipes to be a nice tight fit in the slip fit. Right now they wobble worse then a baby who is learning to walk...

Also, I welded in an exhaust bung for a 4 wire tailpipe sniffer. Something that I have been meaning to do since last summer.

It feels SO good to have finally gotten out there and done a little work. And now I have motivation to move my ass if I want the car on the road again my Hershey...

Zach
SGB
DO IT.

DO IT NOW.
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 16 2009, 06:41 PM) *

lol

I still intend to make 2010 the year of the Jeep. Flares, if they come, will be a later addition.

Zach

Are either of these things done yet confused24.gif poke.gif
r_towle
mean friend...
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 27 2011, 04:16 PM) *

lol

Zach

Engine for the jeep is at the machinist doing whatever magic they do so that I can rebuild it. Mike still has the transmission. Hey. Wait-a-second! Who am I explaining myself to YOU! The king of too many projects and not enough time!

And I have a 914 with flares now (even if I have not seen it with my own eyes, I've been told its nice.) so I am not feeling the need to add flares to my street car.

Well, I'm not planning on doing it today.
Viscous rumors aside, I HAVE driven my car this year. Just not driven it very far, and then started taking it apart again like a bull headed fool.

Since this thread has been bumped, a little update.
I am de-racering my car, trying to turn it more into a street car that does not scare off my son.

The Eurorace is gone. Off the car, in storage until next spring where I will sell it at Hershey. In place are SSI 2.0 exchangers and some muffler that I thought was a Bursch, but Joe thinks is a Seabring. It was dirt cheap (as in free), attached to the SSIs and not rusted. I want heat, at least enough to defog the windshield.

GT lid came off, and will be donated to the race car or sold. In place will go the stock unit and a rain tray - more for intake noise abatement then for rain protection.

Thermostat has been hooked up. That seemed to take forever, but its in place now.

I need to adapt my carbs to the cable linkage I got from Tangereen. When the carbs are done the car is back on the road.
Now, I'm going to go get a burrito and work on my car! smile.gif

Zach
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 27 2011, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 27 2011, 04:16 PM) *

lol

Zach

And I have a 914 with flares now (even if I have not seen it with my own eyes, I've been told its nice.)

Zach

huh.gif Whahaaaaa ? WTF.gif
VaccaRabite
All I need is a weekend to book to come down and put some time in on the race car. When works for you?
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 27 2011, 02:13 PM) *

All I need is a weekend to book to come down and put some time in on the race car. When works for you?

Oh THAT flared car. I had forgotten all about it unsure.gif
MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 27 2011, 06:21 PM) *

Uh-oh. Zach wants to SEE the car Scotty.

Sounds like Mr. B has a quick trip to the pawn shop coming soon . . . .
mepstein
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 27 2011, 08:39 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 27 2011, 06:21 PM) *

Uh-oh. Zach wants to SEE the car Scotty.

Sounds like Mr. B has a quick trip to the pawn shop coming soon . . . .

Pawn a project 914? You'd have to give the pawn shop money to take it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.