Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine Six Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
9146FAN
Interior including NOS carpet and a NOS s
Leather Steering Wheel; I collected all the pieces separately. Auto Atlanta was a good source for some of the hard to find carpet pieces, and the only source for a perfect wheel. Horn button is old but a very nice one. Aluminum thresh-hold trim is reproduction.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
9146FAN
914/6 No, 2145 is finished. First drive was to Glenn and Ron's 914 swap-meet (sorry, forgot the camera) but it was a great time.

Second time out was to local PCA Concourse. I pulled in looking for spectator parking since I was not entered and I wasn't a PCA member. The local president was working the entrance, looked at the six and asked if I would park at the entrance of the display. I was honored to be able to park there. After the judging, the awards were announced. To my surprise, my six was honored with the people's choice award.

After the event, I went online and joined the PCA...

Click to view attachment

9146FAN
2 more pics at the PCA event

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Awesome build. Congrats! first.gif
village idiot
Congrats!! Beautiful car, well worthy of the award!! beer.gif
Lou W
Absolutley Beautiful beerchug.gif
Eddie,
Really Nice..Congratulations..
Alan
brp986s
Hooray! Beautiful teener.
porbmw
pray.gif
jim_hoyland
Saw you driving through Sunset Beach Sunday, actually I heard the engine first; just missed you as I was crossing North Pacific.

Looking good !
rwilner
Did you or will you have the car dyno'd? Just curious how much HP that six is making.
9146FAN
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 18 2011, 07:41 AM) *

Saw you driving through Sunset Beach Sunday, actually I heard the engine first; just missed you as I was crossing North Pacific.

Looking good !

Sorry I missed you Jim, maybe next time.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(9146FAN @ Jul 18 2011, 07:51 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 18 2011, 07:41 AM) *

Looking good !

Sorry I missed you Jim, maybe next time.

If you come down on a weekend to hit the beach, give me a call and I'll fix you up with a parking spot. It's been really crowded down here with the good weather
9146FAN
QUOTE(rwilner @ Jul 18 2011, 07:43 AM) *

Did you or will you have the car dyno'd? Just curious how much HP that six is making.

Haven't had it on a dyno., but this is a pretty common 2.7 build on a 7R with head mods, 90mm Mahle 8.5 comp., and S-cams. Most everyone agrees around 200 hp. I don't know if that means on the flywheel or road wheels. All I can tell you is it pulls on my 3.6 liter 997, the 914 does have a weight advantage though.

Bottom line, this car drives and pulls way better than I expected and it looks like a 41 yr. old sleeper.

bcheney
Congrats on completing a wonderful car. Very happy to hear you have it on the road. Thanks so much for sharing all the details of the build with our community. This is truly one of the finest restorations ever to hit this forum.
AZ914
I don't know who I hate more, you or Sawtooth. biggrin.gif

Just kidding.. Absolutely beautiful restoration, congrats! beerchug.gif
MoveQik
That is an amazing six! beerchug.gif
Rod
Fabulous build and a great bonus to the 914 community to have such a minter back on the road!!
J P Stein
OOPS....I ain't pushin' buttons too gud this morning.
J P Stein
200 hp at the wheels should be easly doable. I'm no big fan of the S cams for a road car but they do pull bigger numbers than my Solex cams at the top end.

Here's a dyno graph on a similar motor. I have a couple sessions on different ones
& the numbers are about the same.
Ferg
pray.gif Way way cool, very impressive.

Ferg
MDG
What . . . A . . . Car!!!!!

Congratulations. Truly one of the most impressive restorations I've seen. It was fun to follow along.

Enjoy it. smilie_pokal.gif

mike
73Euro911S
I have seen Eddie's stunning tangerine dream a few times at Cars & Coffee in Irvine. Let me tell you it's way better in person than in the photos. The car is better than any 914 that came out of the factory; it really is flawless. It has caused me to only bring my 911 to C & C as my 914 would look so ragged in comparison, and mind you, my 914 is pretty nice!

Great restoration and an enjoyable thread to say the least.

Nick
9146FAN
I am humbled at all the support and compliments I've received on this board. Making this thread has kept me moving on this project even though there was plenty of times I took a break.

This project could not have been completed to this level without the 914World community; you guys are great. Thanks very much to all!

After this build, I now realize why 914's are not as popular as other models to restore. You really have to be crazy to spend this much time and money on a 914. In the end, I am very very happy with the results. I promise to drive it regularly and do my best to keep it looking great.

I've been a regular at Irvine CC as a spectator but it's a real blast to drive this car there for display; lot's of lookers and lot's of questions.

Thanks again for all the looks and compliments. You all are great!
kconway
When are you going to drive it around town neighbor? I wanna point and show the wife and tell her thats my inspiration.
9146FAN
QUOTE(kconway @ Jul 19 2011, 08:38 PM) *

When are you going to drive it around town neighbor? I wanna point and show the wife and tell her thats my inspiration.

I was planning on going to CC this Sat., any chance you'll be there?

Glad to hear my car is an inspiration but I would caution showing it to your wife. My wife thinks I need therapy because of this car...

KELTY360
QUOTE(9146FAN @ Jul 17 2011, 02:00 PM) *

914/6 No, 2145 is finished.

Not very many people get to make the statement that their car is DONE. But in your case it appears accurate. NOS visors........really? Phenomenal attention to detail and craftsmanship. I am in awe.

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
davidj
Just spent about an hour going thru this thread. And I must say..........WoW!!!! I enjoyed every minute, this is absolutly an awesome car. Well done. aktion035.gif pray.gif
FourBlades

Very nice work! Keep this car in your family and your time and money spent will
be repaid multiple times over.

John
jim_hoyland
This is one of the finest -6 restorations around; I just heard it has a new owner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.