Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2008
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Rand
I have fun stitching several photos together in Photoshop to create a panorama. This one isn't necessarily so great, but I had to post because of this coincidence: You know how a digital camera numbers the pics? (such as FILE009.JPG)... Well the attached pano is made up of six photos from my camera, which happened to be numbered 9 through 14!!!
Todd Enlund
Another angle at Greenwater:
Click to view attachment
Eddie:
Click to view attachment
A line of Teeners:
Click to view attachment
Where did Eddie go?:
Click to view attachment
Entering Mount Ranier National Park:
Click to view attachment
greenie
Fantastic work Todd!

I think you're a keeper!

Keep them coming.

I'm going to have a few of these framed.

Greenie
Todd Enlund
Nice roads. Don't screw up:
Click to view attachment
Mt Ranier:
Click to view attachment
Entering the Wenatchee National Forest:
Click to view attachment
Elliot pulling in to stop for lunch:
Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
Picnic lunch:
Click to view attachment
Lots of 914s... and the support vehicles:
Click to view attachment
The parking lot at the picnic area:
Click to view attachment
Maybe not so quiet with that V-8:
Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
Quite a few cars blasted by this stop, and Mrs. Greenie wasn't there to straighten the rest out:
Click to view attachment
The peeps taking a break at the summit:
Click to view attachment
Sir Andy gets the jump on the LeMans-style restart:
Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
Not bad for blind shootin'. There's a 914 down there:
Click to view attachment
Jon Bovey's son picking up chicks:
Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Great shots Todd, really glad you didn't slip off that ledge near the peak with the snow...

How can we get the full file for the group shot at Port gamble ? I want to have a poster made.....

Jim
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 13 2008, 04:30 PM) *

Fantastic work Todd!

I think you're a keeper!

Keep them coming.

I'm going to have a few of these framed.

Greenie

Thanks... lot's of great stuff from other guys too... and I know there's even more out there.

Some of the pics are sharper than others... all of the ones on the road were shot blind (camera through the targa), so the quality varies. Good enough for web, maybe not for print. If anyone wants a hi-res file to make prints, PM me and I'll let you if the one that you want is good enough. I'll put the hi-res file of the Port Gamble group on my server and post a link. I have the versions with the drivers only and the drivers/passengers as well.

I had a great time, and I want to thank my driver, Roadster Fan!

Edit:

If there is enough interest, I can get a quantity break on large prints (less than $12 for a 16x20), but shipping might eat up the savings.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jul 13 2008, 05:45 PM) *

Jon Bovey's son picking up chicks:
Click to view attachment

Makes a father proud biggrin.gif
Rand
Awesome pics Todd. Nice having a good photographer with a good camera get some good pics!

Another snapshot pic here.... Got "B6" in this one (My car in the foreground. Get's that nickname from the initials "Baldwin Boys Basic Black Bastardized Beast" - the more you know of it's story, the more it makes sense).
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 13 2008, 05:18 PM) *

Awesome pics Todd. Nice having a good photographer with a good camera get some good pics!

Another snapshot pic here.... Got "B6" in this one (My car in the foreground. Get's that nickname from the initials "Baldwin Boys Basic Black Bastardized Beast" - the more you know of it's story, the more it makes sense).

So that was you with the loose coil wire?
Rand
Yup! Haha. I had enough time while slowing down before the stoplight to tell it was DEAD ignition. I wondered if my Pertronix died or something. Turned out the primary HT wire between coil and dizzy came loose. Plugged it back in and fired right off.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 13 2008, 06:04 PM) *

Yup! Haha. I had enough time while slowing down before the stoplight to tell it was DEAD ignition. I wondered if my Pertronix died or something. Turned out the primary wire between coil and dizzy came loose. Plugged it back in and fired right off.

We never really got to meet, but I was the guy in the Mazda in front of you...
Loser_Cruiser
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Jul 13 2008, 04:50 PM) *

3 three very nice yellow teeners, ???, Tony and Elliott.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

EDDIE!!! thats Me there on the far left. Ian I know you remember me I was the twenty year old at dinner come on now. lol I understand but yeah thats me its kinda like a 75/76 evolution there. Thanks for the picture of me passing you up.lol biggrin.gif
Eddie914
Queing up at Greenwater on the way the mountain.

IPB Image

Ian's (Loser Cruiser) beautiful yellow teener is third in line (thanks for jogging my memory).

Eddie
championgt1
Great pictures everyone. Sounds like everybody had a great time. Wish I could have been there. Maybe next year!
P.Rocket
We had a great weekend meeting and hanging out with all of you. Great to see everyone's cars, trade stories and most of all cruisin'. What a beautiful part of the country to get to see. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Greenie for hosting this years get together and thanks to everyone else that helped to make it happen. We will definitely see you again next year. I'll post some of our pics in the next couple days.
Cheers to all! beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
while the mountain drive was a bit longer (and hotter) than some might have prefered, i want everyone to see how beautiful washington is. great photos!! curt and janet set the bar pretty high with this year's event. so where are we going next summer and who's running the show? better start now.
Ferg
Man that looked like fun pray.gif
effutuo101
Great Pics! I am glad everybody had a great time. Keep the pictures coming!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 14 2008, 08:35 AM) *

while the mountain drive was a bit longer (and hotter) than some might have prefered, i want everyone to see how beautiful washington is. great photos!! curt and janet set the bar pretty high with this year's event. so where are we going next summer and who's running the show? better start now.

agree.gif The drives were spectacular.
greenie
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Apr 29 2008, 08:02 AM) *

This is my opinion only. I think the food is nice, the beer is good, the drives and any track events are OK. The real fun for me is the parking lot stuff. The BS and attaching faces to names is great. Stories of the old days and some of the characters these cars have attracted are great. Checking out the cars is great. The journey to and from is great (not much travel this time for me). It's tough to put a price on that stuff.

Dave

This was something Dave Hunt posted earlier during some of the planning struggles, I liked it.
greenie
A few more people pics...

The Grasshoppers Grilling...

Sr took charge of the BBQ !!
6freak
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 11 2008, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 11 2008, 10:26 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 11 2008, 12:13 PM) *

Odd that on a site full of guys, no one wants to know who the blond is!!!

idea.gif cheer.gif drooley.gif grouphug.gif slap.gif chair.gif

If she's there she's someone else's girl laugh.gif

True but that never stops anyone from asking about my wife!!!

Obvious exceptions are Toast, Jenny, and Shelby...

Mr Conedodger out of 99 reasons to show up at WCR you couldnt find one?? sure missed ya we all had a great time and the weather couldnt have been better
greenie

McMark not there in the physcial shape but certainly in spirit!

We all missed you!
greenie
Could not join us in body but without a doubt he was there in Spirit!

You need to send me a new picture this is the only one I have of you! smile.gif

Conedodger doing his thing! cheer.gif
greenie
Troy & Lilli .

You can thank Jim Hoyland for these keepers.
greenie
Matt & Carrie just before heading home to the Tri-Cities.
sixnotfour
Ralph Meaney, who had go to portland, Had racecar wows and returned sat night called me 8am Sun. "Im back". Had to let down easy and let him know " He missed a Great 914 Time".

greenie

My sister Monica & me..

Not late for the ferry back from Port Gamble " just early for the next one".

Monica is planning on attending the next Ramble. "these guys are fun!"
greenie
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 14 2008, 08:20 AM) *

Ralph Meaney, who had go to portland, Had racecar wows and returned sat night called me 8am Sun. "Im back". Had to let down easy and let him know " He missed a Great 914 Time".

Hey Jeff

Ralph was there Sunday Am ( you must have missed this from Page 4 )

" He said my car was "wicked fast".. biggrin.gif

ConeDodger
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 14 2008, 09:57 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 11 2008, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 11 2008, 10:26 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 11 2008, 12:13 PM) *

Odd that on a site full of guys, no one wants to know who the blond is!!!

idea.gif cheer.gif drooley.gif grouphug.gif slap.gif chair.gif

If she's there she's someone else's girl laugh.gif

True but that never stops anyone from asking about my wife!!!

Obvious exceptions are Toast, Jenny, and Shelby...

Mr Conedodger out of 99 reasons to show up at WCR you couldnt find one?? sure missed ya we all had a great time and the weather couldnt have been better

Well, I certainly wanted to be there... Unfortunately priorities kept me away... If I had known McMark was not there I would have dialed his digits and got some help with my project... I 5 lugged the front and started pulling my engine yesterday. Probably will get it done today.
Glad y'all had a good time and the weather was fine...
Actually though, there were 100 reasons. None of you guys seemed to notice the 100th reason posted on Thursday morning!!! Yopu looked great in that cheerleader outfit and yes, she was a cheerleader at her school...
PeeGreen 914
I figured that one out on my own piratenanner.gif

You did a great job on running this event.

My son was asking for your daughters yesterday... who he reffers to as "park" av-943.gif He had a lot of fun with them and didn't want to leave when he had to go.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(The General @ Jul 14 2008, 10:45 AM) *

ll

I know that cat----avatar !

Thanks again !
KELTY360
QUOTE(The General @ Jul 14 2008, 10:45 AM) *

ll

Spoken like a true post whore. poke.gif
The General
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 14 2008, 10:56 AM) *

I figured that one out on my own piratenanner.gif

You did a great job on running this event.

My son was asking for your daughters yesterday... who he reffers to as "park" av-943.gif He had a lot of fun with them and didn't want to leave when he had to go.

The girls really like Elijah too - hey, any baby girl yet?
6freak

try a better picture! slap.gif come on man a kitty ..with the title General I think of Army tanks and big guns. I like big guns ar15.gif ....Anywho welcome.png glad your here .just tease`n bout the pix if thats what you like ROCK ON aktion035.gif
The General
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 14 2008, 11:12 AM) *

try a better picture! slap.gif come on man a kitty ..with the title General I think of Army tanks and big guns. I like big guns ar15.gif ....Anywho welcome.png glad your here .just tease`n bout the pix if thats what you like ROCK ON aktion035.gif

Hey - haven't you ever heard the phrase "steel fist in a velvet glove"? That's the yin/yang of The General/the kitty
6freak
QUOTE(The General @ Jul 14 2008, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 14 2008, 11:12 AM) *

Hey - haven't you ever heard the phrase "steel fist in a velvet glove"? That's the yin/yang of The General/the kitty

av-943.gif laugh.gif ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, aktion035.gif
rhodyguy
this 'general' newby better learn the rules around here. and quickly too. wink.gif

curt, monica and janet need to co-own a 914 and learn to do their own wenching (haha). push that white car out in the driveway. speaking of monica, she met the challange of dealing with a pack of fools and never looked back. she's a keeper.

k

The General
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 14 2008, 11:55 AM) *

this 'general' newby better learn the rules around here. and quickly too. wink.gif

curt, monica and janet need to co-own a 914 and learn to do their own wenching (haha). push that white car out in the driveway. speaking of monica, she met the challange of dealing with a pack of fools and never looked back. she's a keeper.

k

The General, when not giving (read shouting) directions, follows directions very well - anyone have a 914 for sale? BTW, I told Monica to sign up on the forum as MoniCA (since she lives in SoCal) - let's see if SHE bye1.gif can follow directions -

Thanks for the advice bye1.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 13 2008, 01:40 AM) *

BIG THANKS TO GREENIE, Greenie's Wife & KEVIN! And anyone else who helped with the event! agree.gif

Even though Jamie and I had a few curve balls thrown at us, I for one can say I had a great time, especially meeting all the neat folks that made the trip. The parking lot truly became the "wateringhole" of the event.

One thing for sure after seeing all the great cars, I sure wish I was able to bring one up. Perhaps next year. I'm really anxious to get home to get my project going.

Thought everone might enjoy this cliff notes "video" version of Jamie's weekend at the WCR 2008. Don't forget to turn your speakers on for some sweet sounds.

WCR2008 Video
rhodyguy
monica will have a whole new circle of friends she hasn't met yet. we'll teach her how to 'lowball offer' on a clean, rust free so-cal car.
greenie
QUOTE(The General @ Jul 14 2008, 10:00 AM) *

k

The General, when not giving (read shouting) directions, follows directions very well - anyone have a 914 for sale? BTW, I told Monica to sign up on the forum as MoniCA (since she lives in SoCal) - let's see if SHE bye1.gif can follow directions -

I've got The General right where I want her! ( we all know it's a disease)

I'm thinking of what I can do for the General's car....

A "greenie"-ized Signal Orange/ GT Flares/ 3.2L around town car.

Any ideas please let me know.
greenie
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jul 14 2008, 10:02 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 13 2008, 01:40 AM) *

BIG THANKS TO GREENIE, Greenie's Wife & KEVIN! And anyone else who helped with the event! agree.gif

Even though Jamie and I had a few curve balls thrown at us, I for one can say I had a great time, especially meeting all the neat folks that made the trip. The parking lot truly became the "wateringhole" of the event.

One thing for sure after seeing all the great cars, I sure wish I was able to bring one up. Perhaps next year. I'm really anxious to get home to get my project going.

Thought everone might enjoy this cliff notes "video" version of Jamie's weekend at the WCR 2008. Don't forget to turn your speakers on for some sweet sounds.

WCR2008 Video

Check out computers4kids very cool video...

Jamie what's the purpose of that troublesome radiator in the teener? bootyshake.gif

PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 14 2008, 12:09 PM) *

QUOTE(The General @ Jul 14 2008, 10:00 AM) *

k

I've got The General right where I want her! ( we all know it's a disease)

I'm thinking of what I can do for the General's car....

A "greenie"-ized Signal Orange/ GT Flares/ 3.2L around town car.

Any ideas please let me know.

That sounds like a sweet idea Curt. aktion035.gif However, not sure you'd like the idea of going out for a fun drive with your wife when you can keep up laugh.gif
greenie
For Sale 85 Carrera "TailDragger"

Making Room for The General's Ride...

davesclassicvws
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 14 2008, 12:53 PM) *

For Sale 85 Carrera "TailDragger"

Making Room for The General's Ride...

How much? Maybe I can get a second on my mortgage. I'll tell the wife, "Honey,I bought it for YOU!!". driving-girl.gif
SGB
Awesome thread. Great pictures of an obviously fabulous event. What great locations! Beautiful group shots, I love the various "owners and cars series" and Todd's pics got all that "photographer" thing going on with framing and shadows and stuff.

Great job to all! It takes quite a bit of effort to host something like this, and quite a bit of effort just to participate with a 35 year old car. I appreciate the break downs, cramped drives, missed turns, and all the other descriptions of the WCR experience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.