For Sale 85 Carrera "TailDragger"

Making Room for The General's Ride...

You take paypal ? av-943.gif
greenie
QUOTE(davesclassicvws @ Jul 14 2008, 11:29 AM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 14 2008, 12:53 PM) *

For Sale 85 Carrera "TailDragger"

Making Room for The General's Ride...

How much? Maybe I can get a second on my mortgage. I'll tell the wife, "Honey,I bought it for YOU!!". driving-girl.gif

Hey Guys,

If there is one thing I'm good at is striking when the iron's hot ! The last time Janet gave me the go ahead on something it resulted in this year's Ramble.

This car will be for sale very soon, so if you know of someone who might be interested pass it on.

This is turning into a major league hijack but ....

Curt
sixnotfour
Hey Jeff

Ralph was there Sunday Am ( you must have missed this from Page 4 )

" He said my car was "wicked fast"..

Good News I actually left him a message after he had called.
You got to meet the Legend. good fun driving.gif
Here is what he used to drive,my shownshine entry had there been one.
1st time on the road in 15yrs.
ConeDodger
Well, If the pictures are any indication, this was an amazing and well executed event. My hat is off to Greenie and the team and all the spouses who put up with and supported the event... I am so sorry I had to miss it. I haven't even figured out all of the electrical things in my house that were knocked out by the power spike yet. I just finished replacing my programmable thermostat... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! And I find that the AC isn't working either... The Electric company is going to be here soon to figure out why I am spiking...

If I could ask anything, it would be to have that picture of Ralph Meany sitting in Curt's car printed in 5X7 and autographed??? I promise I will not miss the next NW event.. Promise promise promise!!!
greenie
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 14 2008, 12:36 PM) *

Hey Jeff

Ralph was there Sunday Am ( you must have missed this from Page 4 )

" He said my car was "wicked fast"..

Good News I actually left him a message after he had called.
You got to meet the Legend. good fun driving.gif

It was very nice for the few of us that had a chance to visit with Ralph.

A few highlights of our chat:

He described being clocked at 171 MPH in his 2.0L car.

Jim (Roadster Fan ) says he now has the definitive answer regarding the
oilcooler/turbulence debate "it's hard to argue with Ralph"

I asked him a few 911 vs 914 questions " there's so much more you can do with the 914" he said.

Thanks for hooking Ralph up with us, he left with a nice WCR08 T-shirt !

You couldn't bring that car except to a shownshine?

greenie
a few more with Ralph Meaney
Gustl
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 14 2008, 10:36 PM) *

IPB Image

is this #1076 idea.gif drooley.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
sixnotfour

Ralph said lighter is faster
carr914
It's good to see the Grasshoppers there. I had thought that Barry had found girls, school, religon or somethin as I haven't seen him post in a long long time. And I've tried to pm and email him with no success. What's he up to?

And the rest of you, your cars look pathetic and you look like you had a horrible time. Wish I could have been there. drunk.gif

T.C.
porschecb
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 14 2008, 02:44 PM) *

Ralph said lighter is faster

What? Who thought of this? And why? confused24.gif
sixnotfour
enuff said
Gint
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 14 2008, 09:56 AM) *

A few more people pics...

The Grasshoppers Grilling...

Sr took charge of the BBQ !!

IPB Image

WoW! That kid musta grown a foot from last year!
porschecb
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 14 2008, 07:08 PM) *

enuff said

Would think they would become a little weak. Unless it was for looks?

Not enough said. Not Yet.............
rhodyguy
rob, get ready for the next 410/Rainier run. this time instead of chinook it'll be 410, Stevens Canyon and the back way to Elbe near the Paradise entrance to the park. less camper/folks heading for eastern washington traffic. killer.

k
rhodyguy
plus my auction score this time around. bye-bye empi style breather box. aktion035.gif it's a trickier piece than first glance affords. gint, you need one of these.

k
Gint
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 14 2008, 08:50 PM) *
plus my auction score this time around. bye-bye empi style breather box. aktion035.gif it's a trickier piece than first glance affords. gint, you need one of these.

k

Nice score. You really think it's better than my grease bottle? wink.gif

Hey, as long as I'm here, who's car is the burgandy job with the gold wheels?
sixnotfour
who's car is the burgandy job with the gold wheels?

slow914, Nick, solid car. 15x7BBs
slow914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 14 2008, 09:03 PM) *

Uhhhhh what he said

whats up
McMark
Yeah, I bailed at the last minute. sad.gif Work kept me too busy. I'm really pissed and disappointed, but at the same time, I know I made the right decision.

Curt, you pulled off a great looking event! Congratulations! You're one of the elite now... EVENT PLANNERS UNITE!!!! laugh.gif
sixnotfour
whats up

Nick start a poll on what color ?
burgandy
brown
Rand
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 14 2008, 08:08 PM) *

enuff said

You know, as much as part of me wants to say something about that being silly, and as much as I have other ideas that would be lighter yet, and, and...... (and yes I'm right of course laugh.gif )

Once again I am reminded (because of things like race rules or whatever else I wasn't thinking of)..... Sometimes some people you wouldn't want to argue with do things you learn from!

Well anyway, there's a lesson in there for someone. At least me. tongue.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 14 2008, 09:59 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 14 2008, 08:08 PM) *

enuff said

You know, as much as part of me wants to say something about that being silly, and as much as I have other ideas that would be lighter yet, and, and...... (and yes I'm right of course laugh.gif )

Once again I am reminded (because of things like race rules or whatever else I wasn't thinking of)..... Sometimes some people you wouldn't want to argue with do things you learn from!

Well anyway, there's a lesson in there for someone. At least me. tongue.gif

You're only supposed to take those meds once a day. poke.gif
Rand
laugh.gif Oy, thanks Marc. Yeah. I knew I was risking that.

But point being, some people will think drilling a doorhandle full of holes is crazy (or other such stuff).... But then when they see a race icon did it, they have to rethink.... Yada.

Anyway. I think I'll just let this rest while the extra meds wear off. poke.gif
dw914er
great pictures, and it looked like a fun and great event. If gas wasnt so much, I would have tried to make it.

anyways, any plans for WCR 2009? I would love to make it.
roadster fan
Whew.............900 miles behind me and the family. We got home about 6 hours ago. Greenie and "The General" (with great helpers) pulled off a terrific weekend.

Great drives, great cars, great people, great food, and great drink! It was great to meet many on this board and put faces and real names to screen names and avatars.
Seeing some of the pics that Todd Enlund took from my passenger seat took me right back to the drives and bull sessions in the parking lot. It was great to meet you Todd!

I will sum up our 880 mile journey from Santa Cruz, CA with this:

WCR2008 registration $ 75........1971 Porsche 914 in cosmetically
challenged condition $ 750..................Discussing the racing/construction of a 914/6 GT with Ralph Meaney on Sunday $$$$$$$$ Priceless!!!!!

Can't wait till next year..............yoohoo SoCal peeps where are you?????? If you don't hurry it may have to be in Monterey! shades.gif

Jim
rhodyguy
get on it jim. no time to dally. we northeners need to start co-ordinating our route for the drive to where ever. i think curt and janet started right after the 07' event ended.

k

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 15 2008, 12:35 AM) *

Can't wait till next year..............yoohoo SoCal peeps where are you?????? If you don't hurry it may have to be in Monterey! shades.gif

Jim

Monterey would be cool. I'll save the name-tag template for ya.
Gint
QUOTE(slow914 @ Jul 14 2008, 09:08 PM) *
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 14 2008, 09:03 PM) *
Uhhhhh what he saidwhats up

Good looking car and color combo. It's different and I like that. From the pics I have a suggestion. Despite the primer spots on the car, a $30 sail panel vinyl kit from Camp914 would do wonders for the appearance. At least that would seem to be the case from pics as I said.
KELTY360
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 15 2008, 07:29 AM) *

QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 15 2008, 12:35 AM) *

Jim

Monterey would be cool. I'll save the name-tag template for ya.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Monterey would be very cool. We could visit Laguna Seca. A drive up the Fremont Peak St. Pk. road could be interesting. happy11.gif
greenie
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 14 2008, 10:35 PM) *

Whew.............900 miles behind me and the family. We got home about 6 hours ago. Greenie and "The General" (with great helpers) pulled off a terrific weekend.

Great drives, great cars, great people, great food, and great drink! It was great to meet many on this board and put faces and real names to screen names and avatars.
Seeing some of the pics that Todd Enlund took from my passenger seat took me right back to the drives and bull sessions in the parking lot. It was great to meet you Todd!

challenged condition $ 750..................Discussing the racing/construction of a 914/6 GT with Ralph Meaney on Sunday $$$$$$$$ Priceless!!!!!

Jim

What I want to ask is did you get your $75.00 Bones worth???

This is my last & final shot at Mr. 6Freak poke.gif (if he can dish it out ,he's got to be able to take it)

I will have to say that 6freaK turned out to be a very good guy & a nice addition to the group. grouphug.gif (especially with that red car)

Jim it really made the event for me to see you & the family towing your trailer queen all the way up !

See you at next year's WCR09!!!
greenie
Greenie ,Kelty360 & JSaum discussing a beer gut reduction plan....
KELTY360
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 15 2008, 09:31 AM) *

av-943.gif

If it wasn't so big I would have seen that the tops of my feet were getting sunburned.

Then again, if it was bigger it would have shaded the tops of my feet. What to do? confused24.gif
messix
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 15 2008, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 15 2008, 09:31 AM) *

av-943.gif

If it wasn't so big I would have seen that the tops of my feet were getting sunburned.

Then again, if it was bigger it would have shaded the tops of my feet. What to do? confused24.gif

chit !!!! you guys had a meeting with out me??? fuchers! fine i'm otta that club. [does jenny craig allow men in?]
6freak
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 15 2008, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 14 2008, 10:35 PM) *

Jim

What I want to ask is did you get your $75.00 Bones worth???

This is my last & final shot at Mr. 6Freak poke.gif (if he can dish it out ,he's got to be able to take it)

I will have to say that 6freaK turned out to be a very good guy & a nice addition to the group. grouphug.gif (especially with that red car)

Jim it really made the event for me to see you & the family towing your trailer queen all the way up !

See you at next year's WCR09!!!

well i got 70$ worth!! a Guards Red lanyard would have made the differance av-943.gif Thanks for all the work curt and Company ..someone said you were gonna be chair person next year.My vote is for you laugh.gif ...P.S ive always been a good guy YOU just didnt know it rolleyes.gif
rjames
rob, get ready for the next 410/Rainier run. this time instead of chinook it'll be 410, Stevens Canyon and the back way to Elbe near the Paradise entrance to the park. less camper/folks heading for eastern washington traffic. killer.

I just did that ride, unfortunately it was in a Toyota Tacoma instead of the 914. Since I couldn't make WCR, I'm looking forward to the Rainier run! When? When?

6freak
QUOTE(rjames @ Jul 15 2008, 11:26 AM) *

I just did that ride, unfortunately it was in a Toyota Tacoma instead of the 914. Since I couldn't make WCR, I'm looking forward to the Rainier run! When? When?

what and you live in shoreline slap.gif
jim_hoyland

well i got 70$ worth!! a Guards Red lanyard would have made the differance

Rattle can ! smile.gif
rjames
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 15 2008, 11:29 AM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Jul 15 2008, 11:26 AM) *

what and you live in shoreline slap.gif

No doubt. A camping trip to Mt. Rainier was planned a year ago, figures it would be the same weekend as the WCR! headbang.gif dry.gif
6freak
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 15 2008, 11:31 AM) *

Rattle can ! smile.gif

funny thats what Curt said....you guy on the same page or what...someone said Curts the chair person for next years event i think it was YOU ....L.M.A.O
The General
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 15 2008, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 15 2008, 11:31 AM) *

Rattle can ! smile.gif

funny thats what Curt said....you guy on the same page or what...someone said Curts the chair person for next years event i think it was YOU ....L.M.A.O

Again, why can't any of you guys read? Have you noticed Greenie's new signature block? Note the line that reads: WCR08 Organizer "Retired" - I'm pretty sure that means permanently retired!

Mine will soon read WCR08 CFO and hand holder - Retired - Been there, done that, got the t-shirt! Now it's across the mountains to Crescent Bar for a long weekend of relaxation (and some drying out . . . )

Root_Werks
I don't have any more money! biggrin.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 15 2008, 03:27 PM) *

That is what your get when you GIVE away parts! And that GOES double for letting Craig tease me!
LOL!
dinomium
this may be when Craig was trying to sell me!
av-943.gif
dinomium
this may be when Craig was trying to sell me!
av-943.gif

Enzo meets Tommy Bahama...
boxstr
Hey Enzo, you had your chance, I did give the rubbers away. I guess you could have traded me for a cigar. laugh.gif
CCLINTBCOOLER
Eddie914
Thanks again to all the organizers and participants for making this such a fabulous and memorable event!

Sometimes it's the small details that really matter ...

Here are fews pics of some nice details on the Teeners ...

The roll cage connection and rear wheel on Elliott's car ...
IPB Image
IPB Image

Offenhauser power of JRust's ride ...
IPB Image

Sixnotfour's 2.4 - 6 powered beauty - he wins the award for the best gas and oil caps (sorry this pic doesn't show enough detail - but they are a work of art) ...
IPB Image

Eddie

dinomium
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 15 2008, 10:04 PM) *

Hey Enzo, you had your chance, I did give the rubbers away. I guess you could have traded me for a cigar. laugh.gif
CCLINTBCOOLER

You are THE MAN!
P.Rocket
Here's some more pics from the weekend for your viewing pleasure.
Once again, we had a great time and look forward to the next chance to do it again.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thank-you all for your friendly hospitality,
Andrew and Alison.
SirAndy
my pictures and video can be found here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=85801

a big thanks to Mr. and Ms. Greenie for making this event happen! pray.gif

and thanks to everyone who showed up! beerchug.gif

can't wait until next year ....
piratenanner.gif Andy
Root_Werks
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 15 2008, 03:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 15 2008, 03:27 PM) *

That is what your get when you GIVE away parts! And that GOES double for letting Craig tease me!
LOL!

Actually, that was a statement for the General. biggrin.gif Because I didn't pre-register, she kept tracking me down with her hand held out. Sheese! rolleyes.gif It was pretty funny on the 2nd day. Michelle and I should have pre-registered. But I was working 2 full time jobs and didn't think we'd be able to make it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.