Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2008
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Root_Werks
This is a lake! We have had snow later than I can ever remember it around here. Very cool to see.

Very casual drive, only a few times did we play cat and mouse. Everyone was behaved on the road and we even avoided a smokey with his raidar gun. As far as I know, no one got nabbed!
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 12 2008, 10:41 AM) *

So my car is on its first voyage with me not in it today sad.gif Grasshopper and father will be enjoying it piratenanner.gif I hope they have a good time and the drive is fun. drunk.gif

Jon, your 914 looked and drove great! Trust me, both father and son were grinning ear to ear. Bummed you couldn't be there, but you have your family to care for. That's more important.
slow914
LINK TO GALLERY OF RAINEER DRIVE

Awesome time, great drive i think i got lost in whatever group i was in 3 separate times, but hey its all good something to break up the drive right, and why did i see jamies car right at the entrance to the park while we were on the way out or am i trippin

Aww the rainbow

IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image

BTW this was my red car for all who didnt know me

IPB Image
slow914
OH yeah, and dudes who took pictures of my car driving, please send them to me because that is awesome and i really appreciate it

pm me for my email address
Root_Werks
QUOTE(slow914 @ Jul 12 2008, 09:26 PM) *

OH yeah, and dudes who took pictures of my car driving, please send them to me because that is awesome and i really appreciate it

pm me for my email address

You should change your ID, I don't recall you having any troubles keeping up! biggrin.gif

driving.gif

Your 914 looked good, touch up that front fender eh? Sorry I didn't get more of a chance to talk with you. Looks like you and your GF had a good time. Gotta catch up with the group on our teener Tuesdays. Those are always fun.
chowtime.gif
ClayPerrine
You mean to tell me that you got a bunch of 914s that close to salt water? ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!! The tinworm is gonna getcha......

biggrin.gif

Very cool picts. Wish I was there!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 12 2008, 08:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 12 2008, 10:41 AM) *

So my car is on its first voyage with me not in it today sad.gif Grasshopper and father will be enjoying it piratenanner.gif I hope they have a good time and the drive is fun. drunk.gif

Jon, your 914 looked and drove great! Trust me, both father and son were grinning ear to ear. Bummed you couldn't be there, but you have your family to care for. That's more important.

My wife and I stopped by as everyone was getting back. They looked like they had a great time. I'm glad I was able to let them use my car. Of course I would have loved to go but I needed to stay near my wife. Still no baby though.
JRust
BIG THANKS TO GREENIE, Greenie's Wife & KEVIN! And anyone else who helped with the event!

Overall a good time! I had some issues for sure. The fan & radiator issue yesterday. Fixed that this morning with everyones help biggrin.gif . Stopped for gas real quick this morning on the way to Raineer. Took a wrong turn & lost everyone. Didn't know we had directions in our packet. So Mark & I went old school & bought a Map WTF.gif . Guess we were a little map iliterate & still ended up going the lon way up to MT. Raineer. Car was running great & didn't get over 190 the whole way up. Couldn't find anyone so we just turned around to head back.

That is when the shit hit the fan again! headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif I blew something & started losing some oil onto my header pipe. Smoked a hell of alot & we pulled over quickly. Decided to hitch a ride back to get my trailer smoke.gif

Luckily along came Tommy his fiance in their 75 green car. So after some waiting for others to show up we deceided I should pile in with them to go get my trailer. Mark would wait for me or the next teener with an open seat. That turned out to be Morgan in his very nice Orange 2.0 about 10 minutes later. Well the 3 of us in Tommy's car was a very tight fit. Thanks to Tommy & his very scrunched Fiance for the lift. She got stuck in the middle & it I am sure was very uncomfortable. THANK YOU smilie_pokal.gif You Rock aktion035.gif

I'll get my car home to figure out what else went wrong. My have blew head gasket but maybe it's somehting more simple. Either way I had plans to pull for some modifications. It may just get done a little sooner idea.gif

Thanks to everyone who came. It was so nice to meet many of you. Great to see old faces again too. Everyone took pity on me while I was going to get my car & they were at dinner. They took a up a little slush fund since I had so many problems. That was very nice & though not neccesary I appreciated it. One thing I love about our community. Everyone really is so helpful party.gif . Even with my few problems I had a great time & will definately come to the next no matter where. I'll sure as hell be towing my car to it just in case though happy11.gif

Huge thanks to Mark (computers4kids) for all his help. He came up Wednesday & helped me get my car ready. Then got stuck with me when my car crapped out. BOTH TIMES! His WCR was mostly spent screwing around with my car or getting screwed by my car depending on the time of day. I owe you one Mark beerchug.gif That valance I gave you isn't going to cover it either drooley.gif . Mayb I'll ship you a slightly modified Radiator screwy.gif

Sorry this is a book but you still got the cliff notes version icon8.gif
dinomium
Friday was great, THANK YOU to Greenie and Wife! I met up with group two in Kingston with my neighbor, Dale. He thought that was gathering, he was very surprised to see the REAL gathering at Port Gamble. He is a new era MINI driver and commented that his club barely gets that many people to show up and THEY PAY DUES!
I am SO bummed that I am writing this post from my deck that I had to have a cigar and a wee dram of whiskey to drown my sorrows of not being there today. Seems no matter how old they get, little brothers still are able to be a major pain in the ass! He had his wedding reception today. Just Kidding about him, but REALLY? THIS WEEKEND??

You guys all rawk, even Craig. And seeing the result of the peanut gallery pictures, the line up was totally worth it. I have some shots to post later. For those who may not have know, I was the guy in the red Ferrari team shirt driving the unwaxed green 1970. When you have a green car and you know Greenie will be there, why bother shining it?

Cheers,
Dino
jim_hoyland
Some shots from the drive saturday...
jim_hoyland
Some of the cars at Holiday Inn Sat am...

Elliot's Yellow Zonker
Jon Bovey
Sir Andy's 916 Targa

x
y
bcheney
Who owns the yellow 75/76 flared car with turbo stone guards? Would love to see more pics and get in contact with the owner. I have always wanted my 75 to look like this! Looks like you guys out west had a blast!

Thanks,

Brian

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 13 2008, 07:03 AM) *

Root_Werks
QUOTE(bcheney @ Jul 13 2008, 08:18 AM) *

Who owns the yellow 75/76 flared car with turbo stone guards? Would love to see more pics and get in contact with the owner. I have always wanted my 75 to look like this! Looks like you guys out west had a blast!

Thanks,

Brian

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 13 2008, 07:03 AM) *

His name is Tony (TC 914-8) and he posts on the threads. It's a crazy fast V8 914. driving.gif
sixnotfour
start to return , quickies
sixnotfour
Eddie explaning traffic control to the rangers laugh.gif
then charged down the hill driving.gif
slow914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 13 2008, 08:08 AM) *

Some of the cars at Holiday Inn Sat am...

Elliot's Yellow Zonker
Jon Bovey
Sir Andy's 916 Targa

x = Eddie914's badass racecar 6
y = Slow914's slow 914 4

KELTY360
Kudos to Greenie (Curt), General Greenie (Janet), Kevin & Jim Hoyland for all the work and worry they put in to make WCR08 a great party!

It was great meeting so many people who were previously just 'board names, attitudes and avatars'. The amount of time we spent driving these little cars was also impressive. Great roads, great scenery, great fun. I especially enjoyed the moment on the way back from Rainier when two strings of teeners, coming from opposite directions, converged to head north at the same intersection in the middle of the countryside - Hey! where did you guys come from? grouphug.gif

Here's a few shots out of my camera:

Teeners take a boat ride

Click to view attachment

Oh, you wanted a straight line biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Grasshopper Lives! The two Barrys - that's senior behind the wheel - get ready for the Mt. Rainier drive in Jon's Phoenix Red six. Great to see father and son come all the way from Georgia to sample the way we roll in the NW.

Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
Man, you guys are killing mew with the photos! I don't shoot JPEGs, so I have to convert them from RAW to JPEG with my software (Adobe Lightroom). I'll have some pics up later today...
PeeGreen 914
Can't wait to see your photos Todd. biggrin.gif
Sleepin
Great pics guys! Thank you!
greenie
I'm posting a few non car shots & headed for a nice nap!

Jim Hoyland in his beautiful yellow shorts, he kept saying something like "yellow's faster" ?
greenie
Kevine & his beauty ( Shelby ) , the car"s not bad either!

The two cars that missed the Ferry Friday Night , mine & Kevins.
greenie
A couple of our Canadian friends.

Andrew & Alison, they wore these smiles all weekend.
greenie
We had sixty 62.99 people at Saturday's dinner.

The Bovey family on the right, my daughter Alex at the end.

RhodyGuy holding court in foreground.
greenie
Our chief photographer Todd Enlund hiking up the hill for the money shot!
greenie
Dave Hunt picking up one of the fabulous door prizes!
greenie
JSaum winning a nice bottle of wine.

So much for the rehab James......
greenie
Mr Ralph Meaney taking Greenie out for a spin, he commented that this car was "Scary Fast" and "if only he would have had it back in the day!"
greenie
Nord & Ralph Meaney discussing Greenie's car......
greenie
Sir Andy & Amoy headed home, she commented that she was really looking forward to the next 900 miles.
db9146
Any one get any other shots of the blue 914 with the 944turbo nose?
Rand
See post #6 of this thread. Also pieces of it in 27, 28, 53.
greenie
Roadster Fan with his "Trailer Queen" in tow headed home.
Only 900 miles to go honey!
Jim still smiling , Teri & Kaelyn tired of the swimming pool.
Eddie914
3 three very nice yellow teeners, ???, Tony and Elliott.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Eddie914
Andy getting ready

IPB Image

Power for Andy's Beast.

IPB Image

Andy on the road to Mt. Rainier.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Todd Enlund
Here we go.... captions where I have them... if I get anything wrong, or if anyone has anything to add, PM me and I'll fix it. I am going to apologize in advance for the names that I get wrong. They are in chronological order.

This is what happens when you point a camera at a photographer:
Click to view attachment
Lined up on the M/V Spokane:
Click to view attachment
In the parking lot at Kingston waiting for the rest of the group on the next ferry:
Click to view attachment
The clean green machine:
Click to view attachment
Eddie914
Teeners as far as the eye can see. Jon Bovey's car (driven by the grasshoppers) in the foreground.

IPB Image
greenie
Can anyone post a photo of Larry ( LSS/914 )??

Larry organized the fantastic Port Gamble event, I was so busy (drinking beer) I didn't get a shot of him.

Greenie
Todd Enlund
Troy (Messix) and Lilly Messick:
Click to view attachment
Parked at Port Gamble:
Click to view attachment
The view from the picnic area:
Click to view attachment
Eddie914
Did someone ask for shots of Phillip's "BlueThunder"?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Eddie914
We all abided by the law - there was no "passing" during the drive - but we did have appropriate "let by" zones.

IPB Image
Eddie914
Nice "cockpit" in Elliott's beautiful Sheridan narrow bodied 3.6 powered Teener!

IPB Image

IPB Image
Todd Enlund
Dinomium:
Click to view attachment
A few cars:
Click to view attachment
The group:
Click to view attachment
Craig (Boxstr) stocking his inventory with parts from Dan's (Root Werks) car. He had them sold within five minutes. He didn't turn a profit, though.
Click to view attachment
Eddie914
Barry Sr. & Barry Jr. Checking the route notes before daparting in Jon Bovey's beautiful 2.4 - 6 flared teener. Bring given the opportunity to drive this trick Tenner must be the award for the longest distance travelled - Georgia to Washington.

IPB Image

Todd Enlund
Pretty Orange '74:
Click to view attachment
Front wheel on Phil's (PJHaun) car:
Click to view attachment
Troy (Messix):
Click to view attachment
Curt (Greenie):
Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
The group in Port Gamble:
Click to view attachment
Leaving Port Gamble:
Click to view attachment
Eddie914
Interior of Jon Bovey's car where Barry & Barry were able to spend a beautiful Saturday in the Pacific Northwest.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Todd Enlund
Queuing up:
Click to view attachment
Moving down the road:
Click to view attachment
Waiting for the ferry on Bainbridge Island:
Click to view attachment
Still waiting for the ferry:
Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
Most of the folks that did make it on the boat:
Click to view attachment
As we crossed Mercer Island:
Click to view attachment
Kevin (Rhodyguy) and Curt (Greenie) explaining things before the Ranier run:
Click to view attachment
Jon Bovey's (Phoenix914-6) Phoenix:
Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon's Sheridan bodied beast:
Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
Saturday morning parking lot tech session (How to change the radiator in a 914):
Click to view attachment
Rocky's Orange '74:
Click to view attachment
Rest stop to queue up again:
Click to view attachment
At the Greenwater General Store:
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.