Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2008
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
rhodyguy
i wonder if the kiwi that took pictures at the top of the pass will remember to register and post? that was a classic exchange with the older gent.

k
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Top 360 Reasons to go to WCR in Monterey:

Reason #360: The coastline! The Aquarium! The Marina Autocross site! The local seafood! I vote for Monterey! One of my favorite places in the world!

greenie
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 16 2008, 07:17 AM) *

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Reason #360: The coastline! The Aquarium! The Marina Autocross site! The local seafood! I vote for Monterey! One of my favorite places in the world!

Reason # 360 Here we go with the reasons already.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
!
biggrin.gif

Where do we register? What hotel are we staying at? Do I need to fill my tank? Can I just show up to scratch my ass in the parking lot? Do you take American Express & PeePal?...................................................etc...................................etc..............?????
dinomium
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 16 2008, 08:41 AM) *

QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 15 2008, 03:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jul 15 2008, 03:27 PM) *

I don't have any more money! biggrin.gif

That is what your get when you GIVE away parts! And that GOES double for letting Craig tease me!
LOL!

Actually, that was a statement for the General. biggrin.gif Because I didn't pre-register, she kept tracking me down with her hand held out. Sheese! rolleyes.gif It was pretty funny on the 2nd day. Michelle and I should have pre-registered. But I was working 2 full time jobs and didn't think we'd be able to make it.

that is EVEN FUNNIER! I was a non paid entry as well. I had to barrow a dollar from Troy for my lunch and made my passenger buy his own!
happy11.gif
The General
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 16 2008, 11:34 AM) *

That is what your get when you GIVE away parts! And that GOES double for letting Craig tease me!
LOL!

Actually, that was a statement for the General. biggrin.gif Because I didn't pre-register, she kept tracking me down with her hand held out. Sheese! rolleyes.gif It was pretty funny on the 2nd day. Michelle and I should have pre-registered. But I was working 2 full time jobs and didn't think we'd be able to make it.

that is EVEN FUNNIER! I was a non paid entry as well. I had to barrow a dollar from Troy for my lunch and made my passenger buy his own!
happy11.gif

The General wore many hats during the planning and execution of this event . . . CFO and 'enforcer' were two of them . . .

If you ever need $$$$ collected from someone, you know where to find me - I'm STILL finding money stuffed in the pockets of various outfits I wore throughout the weekend.

For those of you who said "I'll send you a check early next week" remember - I know who you are, I know where you live, and I will hunt you down . . . . happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif

BTW, how many posts does it take before you become a post whore? smile.gif Am I there yet?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(The General @ Jul 16 2008, 12:58 PM) *

QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 16 2008, 11:34 AM) *

LOL!

happy11.gif

The General wore many hats during the planning and execution of this event . . . CFO and 'enforcer' were two of them . . .

If you ever need $$$$ collected from someone, you know where to find me - I'm STILL finding money stuffed in the pockets of various outfits I wore throughout the weekend.

For those of you who said "I'll send you a check early next week" remember - I know who you are, I know where you live, and I will hunt you down . . . . happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif

BTW, how many posts does it take before you become a post whore? smile.gif Am I there yet?

I'll be down in your area on Sunday. I'll drop of some money and show off the new baby wink.gif

Being a post whore is an art av-943.gif More about you average posts per day. I'd say if you average 4 or more a day you qualify. laugh.gif
roadster fan
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 16 2008, 09:17 AM) *

Ummmmmmmmm........SoCal peeps who complained about how far away Seattle was for WCR2008...............here is your chance to step up to the plate and organize in your neighborhood............... shades.gif

Jim
PeeGreen 914

Monterey is beautiful. Plus the drive to Carmel..sp?. Works for me biggrin.gif w00t.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(The General @ Jul 16 2008, 11:58 AM) *

It's not just about quantity. It's also about frequency and (lack of) quality. biggrin.gif
Todd Enlund

Reason #359: Can you say Laguna Seca?

I knew you could.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jul 16 2008, 02:36 PM) *

It's not just about quantity. It's also about frequency and (lack of) quality. biggrin.gif

Well all of my posts are quaility blink.gif av-943.gif
old914dog
Thanks for all the pictures. We wanted to attend but....... Lot's of great looking teeners.
mike
KELTY360
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 16 2008, 02:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jul 16 2008, 02:36 PM) *

Well all of my posts are quaility blink.gif av-943.gif

Well Jon, we all know that you're not a post whore. poke.gif

.....and the sun never shines in Seattle. shades.gif
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif If I'm not a post whore would I be a post pimp? So what would that entail? av-943.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 16 2008, 04:59 PM) *

piratenanner.gif If I'm not a post whore would I be a post pimp? So what would that entail? av-943.gif

You'd have to get Tierra to post heavily.....right now, Greenie is a post pimp. We even have a smilie....... elvira.gif
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif unsure.gif
TC 914-8
Hey this is my first chance to post since I left on Sunday.

I want to thank Greenie and Janet, for the excelent weekend. All was well planed and organized ( except for the idiot who led us from Pt Gamble to Bainbridge ). confused24.gif

It was great to meet all the local members and teeners who live the 914 lifestyle.

Thanks Troy, Kevin, and all the other folks who I had to relearn their names each day because of the keg. beerchug.gif

I do have some pictures to post but I think the ones that are posted spell it out.

When I get back from Florida( it sucks, Hot and rainy ) I'll review my Video and see if any is worth posting.

Thanks again everyone for all the complements on my car,

I don't think Greenie should retire as an organizer, a promotion is in order.

I will see you all sooner than later,

Tony driving.gif

roadster fan
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jul 16 2008, 09:23 PM) *

All was well planed and organized ( except for the idiot who led us from Pt Gamble to Bainbridge ). confused24.gif

Tony driving.gif

av-943.gif Yeah what a cluster! You did a great job leading us.....of course that coming from someone who didnt even know which direction north was laugh.gif

Really nice to meet you Tony and loved your car.

Jim
seanery
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 16 2008, 04:30 PM) *

Monterey is beautiful. Plus the drive to Carmel..sp?. Works for me biggrin.gif w00t.gif

You gettin' a new car? Eric just called and said yours was still available. I'm sending a money order in the morning!

I can't wait - I need a good track/driver dual purpose car! w00t1.gif w00t2.gif driving.gif
PanelBilly
I think my favorite photo was the one I took of the asian girls who stopped to take picture of the cars when we were at the Whistle stop.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 16 2008, 10:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 16 2008, 04:30 PM) *

You gettin' a new car? Eric just called and said yours was still available. I'm sending a money order in the morning!

I can't wait - I need a good track/driver dual purpose car! w00t1.gif w00t2.gif driving.gif

Cool, we just need to make shipping arrangements now. laugh.gif
P.Rocket
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 16 2008, 02:19 PM) *

Ummmmmmmmm........SoCal peeps who complained about how far away Seattle was for WCR2008...............here is your chance to step up to the plate and organize in your neighborhood............... shades.gif

Jim

agree.gif Yaa, you better organize 2009 in Cal., you never know if 2010 may happen in the great white north.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(P.Rocket @ Jul 17 2008, 12:40 AM) *

QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 16 2008, 02:19 PM) *

Jim

agree.gif Yaa, you better organize 2009 in Cal., you never know if 2010 may happen in the great white north.

Or not... hoser. blink.gif
greenie
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 16 2008, 05:55 PM) *

Sorry about all the trouble. If it makes any difference the WCR was a complete bust. Nobody enjoyed themselves at all. The ride to Ranier was long and boring and I'm told the ferry almost sank and scared the hell out of everyone. The food was lousy and so was the hotel. Half the group was arrested for drunk and disorderly one of the guys was arrested for swimming naked in the pool. The Issawhatsit police were giving out nasty looks to everyone. One of us was even given a speeding ticket (a story that has yet to be finished) immediately upon entering the state of Washington. I myself was forced to drive through the Mt. Hood National Forest!! Nothing but curvy roads, huge pine trees, blue sky, and SNOW. I had to deal with snow in July!! Can you imagine? It was horrible. Because of the fires in California, I was forced to drive up the coastline of California and Oregon, adding literally hours to my trip up there. Nothing to look at but more big green trees and ocean. What a bore! Why your problems PALE in comparison to what we had to indure on the WCR. Count your blessings you weren't there.
Elliot

Snagged this from another thread. biggrin.gif

How come no mention of Sir Andys food posioning? icon8.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 17 2008, 11:38 AM) *

Sorry about all the trouble. If it makes any difference the WCR was a complete bust. Nobody enjoyed themselves at all. The ride to Ranier was long and boring and I'm told the ferry almost sank and scared the hell out of everyone. The food was lousy and so was the hotel. Half the group was arrested for drunk and disorderly one of the guys was arrested for swimming naked in the pool. The Issawhatsit police were giving out nasty looks to everyone. One of us was even given a speeding ticket (a story that has yet to be finished) immediately upon entering the state of Washington. I myself was forced to drive through the Mt. Hood National Forest!! Nothing but curvy roads, huge pine trees, blue sky, and SNOW. I had to deal with snow in July!! Can you imagine? It was horrible. Because of the fires in California, I was forced to drive up the coastline of California and Oregon, adding literally hours to my trip up there. Nothing to look at but more big green trees and ocean. What a bore! Why your problems PALE in comparison to what we had to indure on the WCR. Count your blessings you weren't there.
Elliot

Andy always looks that way. I figured he was fine. av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
I got home late tuesday night. Put just over 2000 miles on the Zonker. Goofed off all day yesterday and finally got around to re-sizing some pics today.

"Hey mister, your car is leeking water"!!
Elliot Cannon
V 8 POWER VROOOM VROOOM
Elliot Cannon
VERY nicely done Buick V6.
Elliot Cannon
Pills to bring up the blood suger level.
Elliot Cannon
Sir Andy consulting with his navigator, driving adviser and I'm told sometime girlfriend biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
Grasshopper. "OK I'm ready, c'mon, let's go, c'mon, c'mon, I'm ready to go"!!
Elliot Cannon
Snow! In July! What? Are you shitin me?
Elliot Cannon
Fantastic view of the valley.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(greenie @ Jul 17 2008, 11:38 AM) *

Elliot

I had to admit that when I heard just how bad WCR was this year, that pile of toasted appliances and electronic devices by my basement door suddenly looked small and insignificant. I felt selfish for bringing it up. I have to thank Elliot for bringing perspective to my point of view. I feel so sorry for those of you who had to go. Perhaps an online support group? It helps when you know others have suffered as you have. I watched Andy's video and I have to admit once you have seen a tree you pretty much have it down... The ocean? It's all wet.
I can hear it now... "hi, umm a... my name is Curt and I went to WCR in Seattle." Hi Curt! "I thought it would be fun but there wasn't any of the famous Northwest rain showers." Oh Curt, we hear you! "At last years WCR someone almost got arrested and they got kicked out of the hotel, This year all we could manage was a speeding ticket." Sounds boring Curt! "I love you guys. I feel so much better now that I have shared." We care Curt! We have been there too! Group Hug!!!
grasshopperSR
Great time! Where else can you go and someone hands you the keys to his 6 cylinder and says "have fun"? Thanks Jon and thanks to "those guys" that arranged it. I took two days of hell getting back to GA. We spent Sunday night in O'hare and finally ended up in Greenville SC and got a rental car. The glamour of aviation! Now GrasshopperJr can get back to his love life.
PeeGreen 914
It was my pleasure. aktion035.gif I hope my car was all you could ask for drunk.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.