914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AgPete139
Woot woot!

icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

Pete
Gint
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 16 2009, 10:10 AM) *
Looks like we have 62 sets so far..... numbers are looking good. I will try to get this going asap. Any others interested? piratenanner.gif

Once I have the prices I will PM everyone on here to make sure you are still in on this and get a list going. Then I will start a new thread for the actual order. Thanks guys.

I've seen lots of these group buys come and go... There will be fallout from the "gauging interest" thread.
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, but I think once people see the price there will be more who jump on this. These pads at the price we will be getting them will be very nice. beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
+1 full set (F&R).

--DD
elmonte
Interested in a full set (R4s) for a stock 6
VaccaRabite
Full set. Lemme know a price when one is set.

Zach
IronHillRestorations
I'm good for a set of F & R, 4 cyl.
Chris Pincetich
If they are less than $100 per set of 4 for front and rear then +1 for a full set
Otherwise, I would be interested in rear R4s set to match the front set I have now
stock 1972 calipers all around
If the price is right, more for the shelf would be great. I hope to race lots in 2009 beerchug.gif
G e o r g e
add me to the list for a complete set for a /4
RoadGlue
So any word on what the price will be a for a full set of the R4 pads, F&R for a stock '74? What about the time line? There seems to be a lot of interest, but it's vaporware until there's an ETA and price. Not hassling anyone, but how long do we need to wait for this info? We've seen a number of group buys work out here at the World, but there have been a few others that seemed to never get off the ground (sometimes for a year+ of talk).

Thanks for putting this together!
PeeGreen 914
78 sets so far. I will be checking on this first thing this week. piratenanner.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 18 2009, 11:06 PM) *

78 sets so far. I will be checking on this first thing this week. piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif

Thanks!
Justinp71
I'll take a set for the front, they're 911 calipers but I'm not sure which style they are, I'll find out.
retrofit
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Jan 18 2009, 11:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 18 2009, 11:06 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Thanks!

I am in for a set for a '74 2.0L-F&R-and a set of fronts for BMW application.
Retrofit
PeeGreen 914
Okay, here is the deal:

You are either in on this and interested or you're not. PMs will be sent to all those interested here shortly with all info listed in there to make it easy for you. So if I don't see you are interested you will not get the PM beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
Big thanks to Jon for starting the thread and buy. smilie_pokal.gif

PM's sent to everyone who expressed interest.

The buy will be closed Friday. If we don't get enough follow through on purchases then we will refund the money of those who have graciously stepped up to the plate. Here's the breakdown for purchases on the books:

Purchased:

FourBlades
rfuerst911SC
jim_hoyland
Phoenix 914-6GT
SLITS
George H
RoadGlue
Charliew
zx-niner
sixnotfour
SLKWrx
ConeWhacker
Koozy
euro911
bob (I take it you're Mr. Roche?)
daveyboybadion
zig-n-zag
NORD
AgPete139
dyw914
echocanyons
jcd914
Thoward914
ArtechnikA
Justinp71
maf914
Gint
slow914
Dave_Darling
MLedesma
bam914
Sleepin
elmonte
rude dude
dlestep
hydroliftin

Not Purchased:

sww914
Travis Neff
Todd Enlund
dflesburg
rdgonzo
ChrisNPDrider
retrofit
BLUZEMN

wink.gif
SLITS
bs.gif

Just got the frickin' email.

Is this an eBay "Buy It Now" with "immediate payment required" ... sheeesh, what a Maroon.

:universalsignofhappinesssmiley:
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 19 2009, 05:00 PM) *

bs.gif

Just got the frickin' email.

Is this an eBay "Buy It Now" with "immediate payment required" ... sheeesh, what a Maroon.

:universalsignofhappinesssmiley:

You will pay it and like it Ron biggrin.gif
charliew
I am good for a f and r set but I'm not sure what calipers I have or am going to use. I think I have m on the front and will use the 914 front on the rear but I also have some rear 911 calipers I could use on the rear. I do have new vented rotors for the rear so Instead of making the 914 caliper wider it might be simpler to just use a 911 rear caliper.
ConeDodger
I was just told by the dork who is behind the scenes on this that I have to get in on it. Sooooooooooooo put my name on the list. Otherwise he crys and crys... It is just so shameful to see a man cry and crawl like that. I just hate it when he begs. blink.gif

Here he is crawling over to the guys who are parked to beg them to get in on the group buy... So sad. sad.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 19 2009, 07:43 PM) *

I was just told by the dork who is behind the scenes on this that I have to get in on it. Sooooooooooooo put my name on the list. Otherwise he crys and crys... It is just so shameful to see a man cry and crawl like that. I just hate it when he begs. blink.gif

laugh.gif but when he's happy he helps us all and I like it when he does that beerchug.gif
RoadGlue
Ordered and paid! Thanks guys!
Gint
I liked it a lot better when the bromance was a secret...
Thanks , Jon and Eric...

PayPal made....

Ken

Sombody put that boy on the list....this purchase needs to go down!
beer.gif
Eric_Shea
For further edification…

We can get the R4, R4-1 and R4-E pads on this buy as well. PM for details:

R-4 Full Race Compound – Designed specifically for heavy-duty motorsports. The carbon based semi-metallic R-4 materials allow the pad to absorb tremendous amounts of heat and dissipate it at very even rate. Carbon Kevlar material warms up to race temperature quickly, which is quite helpful during restarts, and when track time is limited. When used with cast iron and steel alloy rotors, the R-4 compound requires minimal bed-in period. Throughout the entire heat range, the carbon kevlar material will give extremely consistent modulation and predictably. This is truly the most rotor friendly racing brake pad material ever. Good for road courses, oval track, rally, vintage racing, autocross, club events or professional racing events.

R4-1 Vintage Full Race Compound – Developed using knowledge testing in the vintage racing community. Optimum uses for the R4-1, under conditions where very high friction is needed with minimal warm up time and in applications where there is difficulty in maintaining sufficient heat with conventional race pad compounds. Widely used on vintage GT and formula cars the R4-1 is also gaining popularity in off-road and rally-cross classes. Great modulation, consistent pedal feedback and rotor friendly at all temperatures as with all the other Porterfield Carbon Kevlar compounds.

R4-E Endurance Race Compound – A carbon kevlar compound made to last a bit longer than the original R-4 compound. The R4-E compound is designed to endure higher prolonged temperature and still has pad life as long or longer than Porterfield R-4 do. This pad is great for club enduro events and applications where temperatures are at their maximum.

For those still fence sitting and wondering about the R4-S:

R4-S High Performance Street Brake Pads - For high performance and heavy duty street conditions the Porterfield R4-S compound remains a top performer in the realm of street/performance brake pads. With the R4-S compound giving a friction level up to .41. This is an amazingly fast stopping brake pad. Simply put, they will give you an impressive increase in stopping ability with very minimum amount of pedal effort. Perfect for prolonged everyday street driving while also being capable of enduring the most severe use without fade. It is also rotor friendly of course. We have gone to great measures to ensure that the R4-S compound has the absolute lowest noise and dust levels possible, far below O.E.M. equipment or any other high performance brake material. The R4-S compound which has an overall win in the Baja 1000 is available for most models of cars, trucks, and SUV’s. Superb stopping power under heavy use. Great for occasional autocrossing, solo events, off road events and rallies. Perhaps one of the overall best performing, clean and quiet everyday high performance driving brake pad ever made. The R4-S compound is available for virtually any vehicle sold in the U.S. Also for rare vintage cars and special applications for street touring.
r_towle
Had to read through 8 pages of posts to find that there is no price.
Never seen a group buy with a secret price before...you might get more buyers if you posted the price so we can decide if its worth getting them.

I just want to see what the price is before I decide...call me silly, but that is how I shop.

Rich
PeeGreen 914
idea.gif I can tell you but first tell me how much you have happy11.gif
bob
I'm in for a set.. stock 914-6
-bob
jim_hoyland
Thanks Jon & Eric for organizing this group buy.
ConeDodger
I just paid... I want R4S pads. M calipers in the front, 914/4 rear calipers squeezing 914/6 rotors. I street drive the car. Alot.
koozy
I'm in for a set of R-4 Full Race Compound pads. Fronts are M calipers and rears are stock 1973 914 calipers. Thanks
PeeGreen 914
Those garbage cans in the back are just distracting biggrin.gif

Rob, we need to see a picture of you car with different lighting so we can see those five lugs wink.gif
ConeDodger
I will take a bunch next weekend when I drive it to the Sacramento Porsche Family Reunion... maybe I can get the kids to do that. Samantha should be home from school by then. Maybe I can get her to come. Heck, maybe if I post her picture here I can get more guys to show up!
Eric_Shea
biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 20 2009, 11:52 AM) *

There you go Jon! In Eric's pic you can see the wheels better!
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif
Eric_Shea
Here he is crawling over to the guys who are parked to beg them to get in on the group buy... So sad.

Nice add-on. Those guys are all broken down for various reasons. I'm trying to see which one all of the oil on the road is coming from! tongue.gif
PeeGreen 914
Looks more like a crocodile hunter type shot. "Crocky, you don't see the rare salmon colored shirt in these parts very often." laugh.gif

Either that or it's an up skirt shot blink.gif av-943.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 20 2009, 12:41 AM) *

Had to read through 8 pages of posts to find that there is no price.
Never seen a group buy with a secret price before...you might get more buyers if you posted the price so we can decide if its worth getting them.

I just want to see what the price is before I decide...call me silly, but that is how I shop.

Rich

agree.gif Could you guys post or send me a price. I hear they are very worth it...but on a college kid's budget I have to assess how worth it. smile.gif

Edit: This would be for a stock late /4.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 20 2009, 11:24 AM) *

I just paid... I want R4S pads. M calipers in the front, 914/4 rear calipers squeezing 914/6 rotors. I street drive the car. Alot.

Rob of all the pics you post, The one fo your own ride is the worst , come on man lets see it................ and I don't mean your willy.
no pics of some other event , your car , present.

The price is Right.
ericread
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jan 20 2009, 06:42 PM) *

agree.gif Could you guys post or send me a price. I hear they are very worth it...but on a college kid's budget I have to assess how worth it. smile.gif

Edit: This would be for a stock late /4.

Same here... Except it'd for an old man's budget. stock late/4.

Eric Read
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 20 2009, 07:04 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 20 2009, 11:24 AM) *

Rob of all the pics you post, The one fo your own ride is the worst , come on man lets see it................ and I don't mean your willy.
no pics of some other event , your car , present.

The price is Right.

OK OK! I will take some pics this weekend. Geez Jeff, your getting as whiny as Eric! When is your birthday, I am buying you a salmon shirt!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 19 2009, 04:49 PM) *

Big thanks to Jon for starting the thread and buy. smilie_pokal.gif

PM's sent to everyone who expressed interest.

The buy will be closed Friday. If we don't get enough follow through on purchases then we will refund the money of those who have graciously stepped up to the plate. Here's the breakdown for purchases on the books:

Purchased:

FourBlades
rfuerst911SC
jim_hoyland
Phoenix 914-6GT
SLITS
George H
RoadGlue
Charliew
zx-niner
sixnotfour
SLKWrx
ConeWhacker
Koozy

Not Purchased:

sww914
Thoward914
Travis Neff
Todd Enlund
dflesburg
bam914
Gint
slow914
hydroliftin
NORD
AgPete139
zig-n-zag
maf914
jcd914
rdgonzo
daveyboybadion
dyw914
Dave_Darling
elmonte
Vacca Rabite
ChrisNPDrider
Justinp71
retrofit
bob

wink.gif

If you guys are in the not payed section please do so very soon if you are still interested in this. Really want this to go through as I am ready for the pads. beerchug.gif
NORD

I just shot a PM to Eric asking price for my car using stock rears 74 914

and fronts are 1980 BMW 320i. I included my zip to figure shipping.

Jon will you be doing a drop ship to your place for all us Northwest folks

to do a drop by " maybe with a six pack " and pick them up? also I NO

paypal have to send check.

Here is were we need a Fred Flintstone foot brake giff

NORD
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(NORD @ Jan 20 2009, 09:41 PM) *

I just shot a PM to Eric asking price for my car using stock rears 74 914

and fronts are 1980 BMW 320i. I included my zip to figure shipping.

Jon will you be doing a drop ship to your place for all us Northwest folks

to do a drop by " maybe with a six pack " and pick them up? also I NO

paypal have to send check.

Here is were we need a Fred Flintstone foot brake giff

NORD

I can have all the guys that want to pick them up at my house have their pads shipped here if you want. Eric will have to see if there is a shipping difference though. I am sure it would save some but maybe not all. Just let Eric know what you are wanting to do and he will take care of you. Thanks Nord. beerchug.gif
zig-n-zag
Eric Shea, I sent you an email for my pad selection.
euro911
Looking back, I guess I didn't actually state what I wanted ... confused24.gif

One full set of R4-S for a '75 with stock /4 calipers

My zip is 90501
PeeGreen 914
biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(zig-n-zag @ Jan 21 2009, 12:46 AM) *

Eric Shea, I sent you an email for my pad selection.

I've had a couple of PM exchanges with Eric on this but I haven't got the secret-handshake PM with the link and I don't see myself in either list...

Could be because he's still researching availability, which is cool, but - Yo Eric - what's happening? I can pull the trigger Thursday night or Friday morning.

Thanks. (Since my choices are a bit off-the-page a PM response will be fine...)
Gint
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 20 2009, 10:09 PM) *
If you guys are in the not payed section please do so very soon if you are still interested in this. Really want this to go through as I am ready for the pads. beerchug.gif

I'm waiting until the last minute 'cause... that's what I do. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.