Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group buy: Porterfield R4-S (and others) brake pads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PeeGreen 914
Okay. This is a feeler to even see if this will be doable. I have a connection that will be finding out numbers for us. They should be able to get the pads at a great price and be able to get sets for whatever caliper you have. I just want to know if you are interested beerchug.gif .
sww914
Do they have to be R4S's? is just R4's OK?
iamchappy
What if you've already got them, can i get a rebate!
PeeGreen 914
I will check to see about different kinds of Porterfields. I believe yes but let me check.

No Chappy... but you can get another set beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
I'm interested; since I live near Porterfields, I can pick mine up there. Been doing business with them for several years.
Thoward914
Yes, I'm definitely interested. I plan on replacing my current brake pads with some Porterfield R4S's for the upcoming A/X season. I want one of these smilie_pokal.gif
PeeGreen 914
If you guys could let me know if you want front, rear, or both. beerchug.gif
TravisNeff
I am interested in the R4S F & R 1973 4 lug
Todd Enlund
I might be interested... but I'm still not even sure what brakes I'll be using! I've got the stock brakes, and I have a pair of 1989 911 fronts, but the guy I bought them from stiffed me on the struts.
PeeGreen 914
Well, you have time to figure this out as it may be mid next week before I get to the official thread for those ordering. I just need to see how many I can get. If enough we can do it but if not this is dead sad.gif I will be pushing this hard though as they will be around half of what Pagids are and the guy we will be going through is going to benefit us teeners pricewise so that anyone looking for great pads should not pass this up. Was that a run on sentence? biggrin.gif
euro911
idea.gif
type47
darn, i should have waited to order mine. they should arrive any day now.
rfuerst911sc
I have 911 M calipers on all four corners and am interested in this group buy.
dflesburg
I have 87 Carrera front and 84 SC rear calipers...
I would be interested...

'A' front and 'M' rear...

JKP
bam914
I am interested in a set of R4's front and rear for a '73.
FourBlades
I'd be interested in at least one set front and rear for M calipers.

I may also need a set for the IMSA car...

John
Gint
I'd go for a full set of R4S (street) for a 914/6, front and rear.

I've never tried the street pads. The race units work great on the street without warmup, but they dust a *lot* and squeal like pigs and scare the soccer moms. We've had lots of discussions about the subject.

Some interesting reading just for the hell of it... link to a 914world search for "+porterfield +race* +street" threads
Gint
Hey Jon, Your title? RS4... R4S?
PeeGreen 914
Ummm well, yeah blink.gif
SLKWrx
Definitely would be in for a set.
slow914
yeah, Im in for BMW 77 323i fronts and stock 71 rears, thanks for getting this together
PeeGreen 914
Well we don't yet have it together. We need many more but I am sure once we have pricing figured and all we will have many more jump in. So far it looks as though we have about 20 to 28 sets of pads. Need about double that to be serious about this.
RoadGlue
I'd be interested in another set of the straight R4 pads. I've been running them on my street/auto-x car for a few years now and they need zero heat-up time to be effective. I've heard, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the R4-S pads have a shorter life and there have been reports of the pad material "crumbling".

Word,
Thoward914
I need front and rear pads for a stock 74 914. Also if this is for other models, I'll need front and rear for a 86 944. Maybe even the 911, but I have Hawks on the 911 and will probable wait until they need to be replaced.... Depending on price. Now I need to find a great price on rotors.
PeeGreen 914
I believe we can do this for any and all types of Porterfields for any and all types of calipers. I will let everyone know once we have everything figured out. Still making sure we can do this. I will also look into the r4s crumbling thing. If that be the case the R4 is what I am sure we all want.
Solo914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 10 2009, 03:16 PM) *

I believe we can do this for any and all types of Porterfields for any and all types of calipers. I will let everyone know once we have everything figured out. Still making sure we can do this. I will also look into the r4s crumbling thing. If that be the case the R4 is what I am sure we all want.

I would jump on this but I already have R4-S pads on my car.

Kyle
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Solo914 @ Jan 10 2009, 03:19 PM) *

Kyle

Have you had any of the formentioned problems with crumbling Kyle?
Solo914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 10 2009, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Solo914 @ Jan 10 2009, 03:19 PM) *

Kyle

Have you had any of the formentioned problems with crumbling Kyle?

Not yet.. I have had them out a few times doing various projects and they look fine right now. That being said I bet I have only 3000 miles or so on them.
hydroliftin
I'd be interested in R4S pads front & rear for stock '74 calipers.
NORD

Jon

I'LL be needing a set very soon, I've got BMW fronts and 914 rears,

Get sorted out with price and available when date and let me know.

NORD driving.gif
AgPete139
If everything gets settled, I may be in for a full set of R4S for M calipers.

Pete
zig-n-zag
I'm in. Front calipers are 911 S alloys and rears are 914/4. Yes, R4S's.
ArtechnikA
The Porsche Support Vehicle Titan needs brakes but Porterfield only seems to make rear pads for that application... Looks like I'll need to stay with Hawk for that...
PeeGreen 914
We are getting closer but still need more before I can even look into the details. Need a few more guys beerchug.gif
zx-niner
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Jan 10 2009, 05:00 PM) *

I'd be interested in R4S pads front & rear for stock '74 calipers.

Just bought a set of exactly these, but I'd go another set to have them on the shelf.
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif
maf914
Is the R4S compound good for the street? Or just for competition? Noisy or dusty? I would be interested if they were street pads.
RoadGlue
The "S" in R4-S stands for "Street".

The R4 (without the S) pads that I use on my daily driver are a bit dusty and squeak a bit, but are otherwise fantastic.
PeeGreen 914
They are great pads fore the street but I do believe they are a little noisey.
SLITS
Jon, if I can afford them definitely one set for "S" calipers and possbily another for BMW calipers.

jcd914
When this comes together I'm in for 2 sets (R4).
Not sure what calipers I will have, currently I have 3" 911 calipers in front and stock 914/4 rears but since I discovered I have almost all the parts to convert to rear 911 E-brakes, I am considering bumping the rears to original 914/4 fronts.

Jim
PeeGreen 914
Sounds good Ron.

Jim, sounds like you need to get three sets then biggrin.gif
rdgonzo
I am interested in R4 pads. BMW fronts, rear stock 1974.

Another one in Texas, Gonzo
PeeGreen 914
confused24.gif
slow914
My co worker with a volvo and a 2002 said he would be in if the price was right, then I learned that the volvo 4 pot caliper is a bolt on for our car with vented rotor. Too bad I allready bought the BMWs dry.gif
PeeGreen 914
Cool. If we can get them for his application he's good. I am sure he will like the price.
daveyboybadion
I would be interested in a set of BMW fronts and stock '73 rears...daveyboy
PeeGreen 914
Looks like we have 62 sets so far..... numbers are looking good. I will try to get this going asap. Any others interested? piratenanner.gif

Once I have the prices I will PM everyone on here to make sure you are still in on this and get a list going. Then I will start a new thread for the actual order. Thanks guys.
dyw914
Interested in a set - Carrera front, stock 914-4 rear
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.