Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW transmission rebuild clinic planning thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Dr Evil
The important stuff ( clarified 7/17):

The gist:
- This is happening on the days of Sept 12 and 13. All day. BYOB and food. Clean up after yourself.
- This is happening at Jake Odule's in Battlefield, OR

*If you bring one or more gear boxes for rebuild then the cost is $300
*Spectating is free and you can ask questions (but will have to wear a thong on the out side of your pants so we know you are freeloading tongue.gif )
*The cost includes: gloves, rags, cleaners, parts trays, aluminum baking sheets for parts cleaning spots, sarcasm, foul language (when no kids around), etc.
*New parts area available through me ( I will beat any suppliers prices, let me know). Seal kits area available before hand for $40
*People are encouraged to bring cores to part out as people will potentially need more parts than I will have. Also, you all will likely deplete my stash and I will need more parts for the next 2 clinics smile.gif
*The clinic is 2 full days and I will work as long as you do. I usually start at 0930 and go until after 2200 if necessary.
*PM me if you are going to be a paying guest and make sure to tell me which clinic you are going to attend.
*DRAIN your gear box before the event!
*CLEAN the out side of it a little. Not spotless, but enough to keep if from crapping up the place
*Bring cardboard to protect the facilities smile.gif

Paying attendees. Last update 8/24
- Todd Enlund (covered)
- aircooledtechguy (Paid)
- Scotty (Paid)
- Pete-Stevers (Paid)
- Gary - Grinding 2nd (Paid)
- my928s4 (Chris) (Paid)
- JRust (Paid)
- Moordi (Paid)
- mstein95 (Paid)
- montoya 73 2.0 - Grind going into 2nd (Paid)
- Larouex - 1st gear grinding and 2 gear is hard (Paid)
- PanelBilly (paid)
- Mr. 242 (Paid)
- Jmmotorsports (Jerry) - Re-gear for V8 - (Paid)

- gity - grinds in 1st
- EyeTrip – 1st/R issues

Spectators
- TC 914-8
- Championgt1
- J P Stein
- Rdauenhauer
- Kelty360
- Phoenix 914-6GT
Gary
This should be fun!

I'm out 19-25 July - otherwise the summer is pretty open.

Due to work commitments would prefer a Saturday or Sunday.
Dr Evil
I am only busy for the 4th of July so far. The clinic does not have to be right away. It needs to be when it is best for everyone. I am likely to be interviewing starting Nov through the end of Jan so times will be more up in the air then. Fri-Sun definitely is best as most work 5 days a week, but I can do week days as well.
my928s4
I am gone 15-24th July, open all of August.
Dr Evil
It looks like Aug will be the best bet so far.
Todd Enlund
I'll probably be there for BS and beer, but unless there is a miracle, I won't be able to afford to rebuild the tranny.

And, unless I manage to sell the house before then, I have plenty of room if anyone needs a place to stay.
Dr Evil
Um, Todd, you owe me nothing. Havent you forgotten the work that you have done and continue to do for me? Bring a box and we will handle it smile.gif
Jakeodoule
I am interested...I live in the portland area and could host as well.
guest house, Big shop with lots of room.
Only weekend I cannot do would be Aug 14th,15th and 16th.

Shade Tree
^^^ Hey I just replaced all of the phones at the City of Battleground!

If you guys choose to come to my place, here is my contact info.
Rich Wright. 541-914-8115. My house is about 12 miles East of I-5 on hwy 126 in Walterville. There is a store and restaurant/bar next door. Plenty of room for campers and room for a few in the house. If folks want to come and don't have a tranny to work with, let me know. I need to make a call to verify but I think I could get as many 901 sideshifters as we could possibly need.
mstein95
August works for me - I'll be in attendance.
aktion035.gif
jmmotorsports
First part of August or anytime in Sept. would work for me.

Jerry
Shade Tree
I'm open any weekend so long as I have enough notice to schedule some vacation before customers schedule my time for me.
6freak
I`m in ...do we bring a tranny or just have one there to play with ?Im pretty open on dates
914werke
YEA!
scotty
Early to mid-August would be great (late August brings dreaded "inservice" days)
aircooledtechguy
I'm interested and flexible on my schedule.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 16 2009, 05:57 PM) *

I`m in ...do we bring a tranny or just have one there to play with ?Im pretty open on dates

If you spectate you dont bring a tranny and you dont pay. If you bring a tranny you pay and it is rebuilt. Other than that, if you were determined to lay your hands on the guts of a gear box I am sure one of the many that would be there would be willing to oblige smile.gif
Shade Tree
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 16 2009, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 16 2009, 05:57 PM) *

If you spectate you dont bring a tranny and you dont pay. If you bring a tranny you pay and it is rebuilt. Other than that, if you were determined to lay your hands on the guts of a gear box I am sure one of the many that would be there would be willing to oblige smile.gif

I have one extra and know a guy who has several. I haven't asked him how much he wants for them yet.
Todd Enlund
Mike, you need a place to stay, ride from the airport... whatever... I'm not working... no family... house to myself. Let me know.
Dr Evil
Hey Todd, I can always come out a few days early and hang out smile.gif
KELTY360
I'd be in for mid-August thru September.
Rubber Boa
I have a class from Aug. 10th - the 14th in Eugene, and my wife and I have thesame day birth day July 5thso not that week if I know what's good

Boa
JRust
AS long as it isn't the weekend of the shootout at Packwood I'm in! That actually works better. I can't swing sending my tranny out this month Evil dry.gif . Daughters had 2 different BBall camps this month. Kind of screwed my car budget. Plus I bought another parts car. Which will help as it gives me the extra tranny I need. I'll plan on bringing 2 up. Looking forward to it biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I cant take any more trannies here at the moment. My garage is full and I am back logged for the first time ever smile.gif Sept is looking like the most responsible month to do it. Maybe my bus will be done and I can drive it across the country......and maybe monkeys will fly out of my ass confused24.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 16 2009, 09:21 PM) *

Hey Todd, I can always come out a few days early and hang out smile.gif

That'd be fine smile.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 16 2009, 06:13 PM) *

Mike, you need a place to stay, ride from the airport... whatever... I'm not working... no family... house to myself. Let me know.

Thanks Todd! i will drive so i can bring that side shifter
Dr Evil
He was talking to me wink.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 17 2009, 08:33 AM) *

He was talking to me wink.gif

looks like we will be staying in the same place then ..how cool is that ..LOL...and i can haul at least 5 people from the PNW in the pickup with lots of room for trannys as well and stuff.....as long as its not 914shootout weekend in packwood like Jamie said
Todd Enlund
Both Mikes can stay here smile.gif And anyone else that needs a spot is welcome. I've got lots of room. Three empty bedrooms and a living room. Unless the house sells before the clinic...

I don't think that anyone has thrown the dates out, but the Packwood Shootout is 8-9 August.

How about Labor Day weekend? 5-6 September?
Larouex
I am out of town in Aug on 8.14 - 8.17. I can make any other dates, including Sept.
Todd Enlund
Oh, hey... the other thread mentioned a keg. I can brew a batch of beer, and bring a 5 gallon keg. What style does everyone like? IPA, Pale Ale, Mild, Amber, Brown, Stout, Porter, Witbier, Kolsch, Barleywine...
Shade Tree
OOOHHH. I like brown and porter beerchug.gif . The 5th of Sept is my wedding anniversary. So if this ends up happening on that date, well, that's how my luck goes. headbang.gif
Jakeodoule
Just wondering, if we've got 6-10 trani's to rebuild, will there be enough room for everyone to work? Do you do them one at a time? Will there be enough time to do them all. Or will we end up with a cluster @#$@ of mixed up parts everywhere?
Have you done this clinic before with half a dozen/more boxes all over the place?
Do you have a rough outline of the class? Not doubting your skills,just wondering about the logistics.
Thanks
Also should we order parts/seals in advance or will you bring them?

PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Cool Mike. It will be fun to have you out in the area. I'll be sure to be there at least to visit. I have a ton of gears if anyone needs any. I even have a perfect X gear if anyone is interested.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Jun 17 2009, 02:24 PM) *

Just wondering, if we've got 6-10 trani's to rebuild, will there be enough room for everyone to work? Do you do them one at a time? Will there be enough time to do them all. Or will we end up with a cluster @#$@ of mixed up parts everywhere?
Have you done this clinic before with half a dozen/more boxes all over the place?
Do you have a rough outline of the class? Not doubting your skills,just wondering about the logistics.
Thanks
Also should we order parts/seals in advance or will you bring them?

Jake, questions are good smile.gif We do all the boxes at once. You can progress at your own comfort level so if you fall be hind that is just fine, I will be there with you the whole way and your neighbors will help out as well. Last time this worked out wonderfully.

I cant do the 1st weekend in Sept as my mom in low is coming to town (its cool, I like her smile.gif ). After that is it pretty much on smile.gif Pick a date after that and I will pencil it in.

For those of you definitely bringing boxes, thus paying fees, PM me so I can start a list and get an idea of the resources we will be needing.

For the day of I supply gloves, rags, cleaners, parts trays, aluminum baking sheets for parts cleaning spots, sarcasm, foul language (when no kids around), etc.

I like me a Brown beer chowtime.gif beer.gif
my928s4
It is coming together, how about Sept 12th ??

Weekend before and after are no go for me so selfishly the 12th is good smile.gif

Gearbox I have came with a roller so be interesting to see what needs to be done to it for sure.

Beer dark and hoppy please.
Shade Tree
I take back what I said about not being able to do this on my anniversary. My wife rocks! aktion035.gif
Rubber Boa
I have 3 trans I would like to do so if some one would like to do one and does not have one!!!!!!!!
Dr Evil
The 12th is sounding good.
Shade Tree
I like the 12th too.
6freak
seems ok to me ..but that is a long way out .And we all know how shit can go south in a hurry... biggrin.gif but right on beerchug.gif
Todd Enlund
12th is good for me.

How about Negra Armadillo?

SRM 61
148 IBU
7.6% abv

It's a black version of my semi-regionally famous Hoppin Armadillo

Click to view attachment
6freak
beer.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif smile.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif = drunk.gif
my928s4
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 17 2009, 01:55 PM) *

12th is good for me.

How about Negra Armadillo?

SRM 61
148 IBU
7.6% abv

It's a black version of my semi-regionally famous Hoppin Armadillo

beer3.gif

Sounds awesome.
Dr Evil
The 12th is semi far out, but I have some very important stuff to do before hand. If things change, they change, but I can plan for the 12th and give everyone a good head start. I need to do killer on the 3rd step of my license exam before I submit my applications in Sept.

So, lets focus on the 12th from now on so I can let the other clinics know what dates are taken smile.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Jun 16 2009, 02:24 PM) *

Rich Wright. 541-914-8115. My house is about 12 miles East of I-5 on hwy 126 in Walterville. There is a store and restaurant/bar next door. Plenty of room for campers and room for a few in the house. If folks want to come and don't have a tranny to work with, let me know. I need to make a call to verify but I think I could get as many 901 sideshifters as we could possibly need.

So, is everyone OK with this venue, or is there a better place?

How far is Shade Tree from an airport? How far from everyone else? We have a date lets solidify a venue smile.gif
Shade Tree
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 17 2009, 02:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Jun 16 2009, 02:24 PM) *

So, is everyone OK with this venue, or is there a better place?

How far is Shade Tree from an airport? How far from everyone else? We have a date lets solidify a venue smile.gif

I'm about 30 minutes from the Eugene Airport and about 90 minutes...or so, from the Portland airport. If there are folks coming from Southern Oregon and the Portland area, my place is pretty close to the middle. If everybody that's coming is from the Portland area, I'm out of everybody's way and we should probably look at a place farther north. I'm open to whatever you guys want to do. We need a good head count by region to see where everybody will be coming from.
Dr Evil
I agree. Is there anyone else that has read this thread and feels that they can handle this crowd for a weekend?
my928s4
I am 5 hours north/east of Portland, further South is less preferable but I will bow to the masses.

Dr Evil
We need a host, otherwise it will be at the Shad Tree garage smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.