Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 club for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Joe Bob
Anybody remember the crap I had to go thru to get my $$ on the goody store fiasco? That was a LOT of fun....
flipb
I joined World long after the split and only found out about Club afterwards. I have no vested interest, and for the record, I think there's plenty of content over here and don't know what would be gained by bringing over their content.

However... just for post-2-1117899824.gif post-2-1117899824.gif and lol2.gif lol2.gif , I took a look at a Google search for Porsche 914.

Two thoughts:
1. Maybe we should start a campaign where members navigate to the site via a Google search instead of their bookmarks (or directly entering the URL) to drive up our page rank happy11.gif
2. Are we still the "Fastest growing" community for 914s? Or can we now call ourselves the Largest community...

Click to view attachment
zymurgist
I've read the threads here and there and I've got to think, does it really matter any more? Brad is getting out. Some people will cheer, others will be sad to see him go. I don't know him, so I don't really care one way or another.
SirAndy
QUOTE(flipb @ Mar 26 2010, 12:45 PM) *

Maybe we should start a campaign where members navigate to the site via a Google search instead of their bookmarks (or directly entering the URL) to drive up our page rank happy11.gif

I just changed my homepage to a Google search for "Porsche 914".

One more click to get here, but it may be worth it!
w00t.gif Andy
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Mar 26 2010, 12:03 PM) *

As far as Brad goes I've met him a few times and he seems like a nice enough guy. confused24.gif

That is what everyone says until he screws them. He is a very convincing person and a great talker. He makes you think he is the nicest guy in the world and rips you off. I have a list of designers and engineers and race prep guys that tell me to stay away from him and have told me what this guy has done to them.

Just another con man who is trying to rip off the 914 community with this one.
Joe Bob
Let him pull the plug, they'll go here or the Pelican board...then back to here when they see how dead the Pelican 914 board is.... blink.gif
URY914
The club paddock area is much more active than here but as far as any info which maybe lost, who cares? Ask the question again here and someone will have the answer.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I thought that I was the worst????

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 26 2010, 12:55 PM) *

As far as Brad goes I've met him a few times and he seems like a nice enough guy. confused24.gif

That is what everyone says until he screws them. He is a very convincing person and a great talker. He makes you think he is the nicest guy in the world and rips you off. I have a list of designers and engineers and race prep guys that tell me to stay away from him and have told me what this guy has done to them.

KELTY360
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 26 2010, 12:28 PM) *

I thought that I was the worst????

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 26 2010, 12:55 PM) *

Is that a competition you really want to win? shades.gif
PeeGreen 914
No... you're not a con man poke.gif lol-2.gif

George, it is always good to have thick skinned members here smile.gif

But in being serious, everything I have said about Brad is not meant to be joking.
bcaschera
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 26 2010, 01:24 PM) *

The club paddock area is much more active than here but as far as any info which maybe lost, who cares? Ask the question again here and someone will have the answer.

idea.gif any one here have a link to COMPLETE 914 Porsche service manual (all 10 sections that is) in PDF downloadable format of course???
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bcaschera @ Mar 26 2010, 03:51 PM) *

idea.gif any one here have a link to COMPLETE 914 Porsche service manual (all 10 sections that is) in PDF downloadable format of course???

Actually.. having that available online is copyright infringement and if Porsche finds out about it, they might have a wee bit of a problem with it.

Joe Bob
Do a Google on PET and 914. They are on the net.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 26 2010, 03:53 PM) *

QUOTE(bcaschera @ Mar 26 2010, 03:51 PM) *

Actually.. having that available online is copyright infringement and if Porsche finds out about it, they might have a wee bit of a problem with it.

Maybe thats why its missing some key volumes?
JRust
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 26 2010, 01:35 PM) *

But in being serious, everything I have said about Brad is not meant to be joking.

Jon do you have first hand knowledge of these offenses Brad has made? If you haven't personally been screwed by him. How about you let the people that have blast him. Blasting someone completely from heresay is what I hate on not just this but any site. I like people voicing their experiences they have with vendors or anyone 914 related. Just get's old having people blast someone they personally don't know or have done business with. This is not meant as a personal shot Jon. I mean this in a general sense. It feels like junior high gossip mad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bcaschera @ Mar 26 2010, 01:51 PM) *

Ain't legal ... You want to fight with Porsche about their copyrights?

Good luck with that!
shades.gif Andy

PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 26 2010, 02:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 26 2010, 01:35 PM) *

Jon do you have first hand knowledge of these offenses Brad has made? If you haven't personally been screwed by him. How about you let the people that have blast him. Blasting someone completely from heresay is what I hate on not just this but any site. I like people voicing their experiences they have with vendors or anyone 914 related. Just get's old having people blast someone they personally don't know or have done business with. This is not meant as a personal shot Jon. I mean this in a general sense. It feels like junior high gossip mad.gif

Yes Jamie, I have been personally screwed by him.The reason the others will not be on is they are not members of our site. They are Cheif engineers of racing crews, designers of 911 and use to be 914 stuff. and other people who are very respected in the racing comuntiy. Some of whom will not do ANYTHING for 914s since their dealings with him.

Jamie, if you have a friend get robbed from someone, and you knew about what happened from that friend you trust, why would you not let others know?
rick 918-S
World rules not my rules.

* Don't call anyone names. Treat other members like your mother taught you - If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. No personal attacks.

Rule Addendum - 24 Feb 2007.

* Any "Us vs Them" thread relating to other 914 sites will be immediately deleted without warning or notice. It's time to move on.

Darwinism may or not be in play here. Let's all remember the good times when good things were happening. Can we?
bcaschera
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 26 2010, 02:08 PM) *

Good luck with that!
shades.gif Andy

Understood... So any one know where a set may be obtained for a reasonable price w/out any copyright infringement??
SirAndy
QUOTE(bcaschera @ Mar 26 2010, 02:29 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 26 2010, 02:08 PM) *

Good luck with that!
shades.gif Andy

Understood... So any one know where a set may be obtained for a reasonable price w/out any copyright infringement??

The factory binders show up on ebay from time to time.

I don't think any of the PDFs floating around are legal copies ...
shades.gif Andy
kart54
There are copies floating around on the internet. Fair use law says as long as you are downloading for your own use and not resale you are legal. It may be that the poster has violated copyright law although the time period should have run on any copyright by now but you would not be.
Search this site or the other one. this was a hot topic about 3 or 4 years ago and the URL for the site should be in that thread.
Kart54
dr914@autoatlanta.com

we have one available on cd from the porsche factory in germany.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(kart54 @ Mar 26 2010, 02:45 PM) *

There are copies floating around on the internet. Fair use law says as long as you are downloading for your own use and not resale you are legal. It may be that the poster has violated copyright law although the time period should have run on any copyright by now but you would not be.
Search this site or the other one. this was a hot topic about 3 or 4 years ago and the URL for the site should be in that thread.
Kart54

The ones we got were from a guy working for Porsche in Germany. We would never violate copyright laws and indeed have written permission to use the Porsche parts drawings on our site.
Eric_Shea

George, you should buy 914club.com!

Then you could shamelessly promote all the stuff you have for sale in every thread and nobody would care! biggrin.gif
JRust
lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 26 2010, 03:18 PM) *

Then you could shamelessly promote all the stuff you have for sale in every thread and nobody would care! biggrin.gif

jonferns
av-943.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 26 2010, 06:18 PM) *

laugh.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am and always have been committed to one 914 club. Now that it is possible I am sure that we could make it happen. Imagine the strength if everyone in the world with a 914 chatted here! That is my goal for sure. And who could ask for a better leader than Andy??? I would like to be his limo driver.
EdwardBlume
Maybe all the people Brad owes could own 914club together... and then have what?
Pat Garvey
Let it die please?!

We have enough "politiking" trying to kill this country - can we just have a safe 914 haven right here?

Stop infighting. Stop sqabbling!

I'm sick enough of it to go away.

Jeez people - learn to live with each other. Don't like someone, don't respond. This is a gathering of friends - leave it that way!
Pat

Pat
Krieger
Okay Pat.... only if you get rid of that freaking freaky avatar of yours, it incites people to do and say strange things!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Mar 26 2010, 04:39 PM) *

it incites people to do and say strange things!

sheeplove.gif Maaaah?
tod914
What's so strange about that Andy?
sixnotfour
[quote]Anyone know Jon Bovi? Seattle guy? Options Track this topic
Email this topic
Print this topic
Download this topic
Subscribe to this forum
Switch to: Outline
Standard
Switch to: Linear+

Brad Roberts

View Member Profile
Add as Friend
Send Message
Find Member's Topics
Find Member's Posts Mar 26 2010, 04:33 PM Post #1

President, 914Club LLC

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

Can you get a message too him?

Please tell him that Brad Roberts hosts Jeff Gamroths website and is physically working right now to implement an ecomm for Jeff's site?

Maybe my relationship with Jeff is something he has NO clue about?

PeeGreen 914
I have a clue about it but don't know why it would matter. I haven't heard anything from Gamroth nor do I know him.
Dr Evil
I was talking with a local Porsche good guy today, he brought up Brad and one other person on here (no names, no need to start shit) and he had all kinds of similar stuff to report about B-rad. Interesting thing was, he had no idea of this thread. Interesting. rolleyes.gif

Caveat Emptor
Lou W
popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif
sixnotfour
I have a clue about it but don't know why it would matter. I haven't heard anything from Gamroth nor do I know him.

Dont know ??
JRust
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 26 2010, 04:33 PM) *

Let it die please?!

We have enough "politiking" trying to kill this country - can we just have a safe 914 haven right here?

Stop infighting. Stop sqabbling!

I'm sick enough of it to go away.

Jeez people - learn to live with each other. Don't like someone, don't respond. This is a gathering of friends - leave it that way!
Pat

Pat

agree.gif Well said Pat! Thank you agree.gif
Brando
If Brad is getting out of the 914 biz... does that mean he's selling "914club, inc." in it's entirety or just the domain and website?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 26 2010, 01:48 PM) *

There are some members over there that don't participate here and i doubt a "merger" would get them back to being active here.

I wouldn't miss some of them, lol! but I support the concept of a unified 914 community if it's do-able.
It seems to me the entire club forum database could be kept as an archive so it wouldn't be lost.
I was one of the people who initially sided with b during the split but it was more because of an absence of information than any other reason. Much of his "vision" just wasn't smart imo.

I've been posting slightly different content on both sites for a while since the "feel" is different in both places. This site has a lot more OT content in the garage which I don't care for. Club has been more technically oriented. I haven't noticed the regional difference that Ray sees though.

If 500 people paypalled me $10.60 I would buy it and turn the url over to 914world. Maybe I should start a group buy thread.
Lou W
I think it's great that we have a place where we can go and talk about things, 914 car related, 914 business related etc, if you don't like the topic, no one is forcing you to read it. When things happened in the past, we talked about it in our forum, quite a few of us helped out with Brad's bailout etc. now, all of sudden we can't talk about it? I'm glad that people talk about their experiences with vendors, etc. It sounds to me that when Jon and Z did provide the proof that was asked for, some people didn't want to hear it. idea.gif
EdwardBlume
You can't paint any site with a broad stroke. If you spend enough time anywhere, you get to know folks and make your own "friends"....

I wish the best for Brad and anyone who spends their life chasing Porsche dreams... its a hard road, and you better not leave your day job...
McMark
spends their life chasing Porsche dreams... its a hard road, and you better not leave your day job...

Uh oh! unsure.gif I'm in trouble....

lol-2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 26 2010, 06:34 PM) *

spends their life chasing Porsche dreams... its a hard road, and you better not leave your day job...

Uh oh! unsure.gif I'm in trouble....

Naaa, you are fine. I don't think you ever had a day job ...

laugh.gif Andy
KELTY360
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 26 2010, 04:53 PM) *

If 500 people paypalled me $10.60 I would buy it and turn the url over to 914world. Maybe I should start a group buy thread.

That's an interesting idea but I'll bet that it could be purchased for a lot less than $5k with a little negotiation.
grantsfo
Interesting

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...60&start=60
SirAndy
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Mar 26 2010, 07:01 PM) *

Interesting

Which part? confused24.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 26 2010, 07:04 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Mar 26 2010, 07:01 PM) *

Interesting

Which part? confused24.gif

The 4th and 7th points.
SLITS
stromberg.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.