914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 25 2010, 01:40 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Mar 25 2010, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 25 2010, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Mar 25 2010, 12:46 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 25 2010, 12:45 PM) *

I won't say "all" the guys. There were eight guys when I joined this morning.

Up to 20 already.

That's because I joined biggrin.gif

21 now popcorn[1].gif

http://www.axpaddock.com/

Growing like wildfire... driving.gif

+1 - I dig the "local" AX crowd.. I wish I could be an active part of it...
McMark
If only we could get Mike Koozman to take over our Paddock, instead of starting an alternate site. idea.gif
koozy
I didn't know if that was an ok thing to do. I just want the folks that I chat with about race related stuff to have a place to continue doing what we love to do. Chat about race related endeavours. It's slowly moving away from 914 related chat. Just AX, club racing, etc... The site is not intended to be 914 content driven and I didn't want to step on any toes.
PeeGreen 914
That would be nice smile.gif
tdgray
Well this otta be a train wreck... popcorn[1].gif

What an ...nevermind

Cap'n Krusty
I'd be willing to pitch in if there's a decision to make a group offer.

The Cap'n
Krieger
What are the true assets of that website? New information since the split? Or is everyones personal infomation up for sale? Should I delete my information?
scotty b
Should I try to sell that extra badge again idea.gif Might bring even MORE money this time if the site is nolonger around idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif

Mike Bellis
With over 10000 members here... If we all pitch in $0.50, we could buy it and redirect traffic here...

Just thinking...
scotty b
Get me my $50.00 bail money back and I'll gladly drop .50 to buy the site dry.gif

Oh no...did I just say that ? stirthepot.gif
Krieger
What is the $ value of the Hot Chicks thread?
Dr Evil
If I bought it, it would simply be to shut it down. We have the stuff here. This is a self solving problem.
URY914
What do you actually get for your money? A password to be the site administrator? Than you can do what you want with it I guess.
carr914
Anybody realize the eBay Auction is over April 1
Jake Raby
Looks like my phone call with Brad pushed him over the edge yesterday..

Five weeks ago I bought a Boxster hard top from one of Brad's customers in So Cal.. Brad agreed to do us both a favor and ship the top, crate it and all of that.. Of course I doubted it would ever happen, because Brad has NEVER fulfilled an obligation to me in the 10 years I've been talking to him, but I did it anyway..

After a few text messages and kicks in the ass from the seller Brad over and over again told me and the seller that the top would leave "No later than next Monday" or it'll leave Tuesday, I promise".. Yesterday another customer that was also waiting for his top to be shipped posted on Brad's Boxsterspec site bitching because he'd been waiting with excuses for 4 months. I finally had enough because Blake and I have to get this car on track in early summer and we already missed opportunities, so I make another post stating that I refused to wait 4 months and that Brad shouldn't obligate to things he could not live up to.

My response was bold, to the point and fairly abrasive, but I really didn't give a damn and still don't.. That post prompted a phone call from Brad in which I restated everything in my post online and commenced to tell him just how sorry it was to lie and make false promises to people. The phone call ended with some four letter expletives and I slammed the phone down..

15 minutes later the Boxster Spec site was taken down and all this other soap opera drama began.

I guess he couldn't handle the truth, he finally pissed off the one person that would tell him exactly like it is and not give a shit what he thought about it..

Like they say, if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen... or shut down the forum, or give it to nasa, or sell the forum on ebay... Either way, go change your tampon and take a damn midol.

Brad has asked for EVERY bit of difficulty he has ever experienced in this industry.

When he reads this or when one of his buddies sees it and copies and pastes it, just let the fact be known that I meant every damn thing I told him on the phone and I don't give a damn what he thinks about that..

Joe Bob
Asshole is too nice a word....
messix
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 25 2010, 01:52 PM) *

He's always seemed like a dude on PMS to me.

av-943.gif
rick 918-S
http://www.boxsterspec.com/boxster-garage-f1.html
grantsfo

35 registered users first day beerchug.gif

Andyrew
Looks like almost all of the original paddock crew.
ghuff
So, felonious man busted for automotive theft lies to more people, after years of lying to people, puts up website for sale with outrageous asking price, people are surprised.

Garbage in, garbage out. You can smell shady on that guy from over the internet.

My offer of 200$ for 914club stands, as it did before. smile.gif

The only reason I would call this guy, would be to prank call the hell out of him.

i would never think of letting any of my cash near him, or do any sort of business transaction with him involving more than like 150-200$. Then if he did not deliver, i'd have an excuse to beat his ass.

Did I mention I hate thieves, especially car thieves?

This community has a lot of what I think are too nice of people sometimes.

If this guy operated in the VW/Honda world, he would have turned up unconcious in an alley missing a lot of teeth or some digits/appendages.
sww914
My ad, placed here & there, has 4 times as many hits here. That site was already dead. Sorry to everyone who loves it.
shaggy
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Mar 25 2010, 08:19 PM) *

Looks like my phone call with Brad pushed him over the edge yesterday..

Five weeks ago I bought a Boxster hard top from one of Brad's customers in So Cal.. Brad agreed to do us both a favor and ship the top, crate it and all of that.. Of course I doubted it would ever happen, because Brad has NEVER fulfilled an obligation to me in the 10 years I've been talking to him, but I did it anyway..

After a few text messages and kicks in the ass from the seller Brad over and over again told me and the seller that the top would leave "No later than next Monday" or it'll leave Tuesday, I promise".. Yesterday another customer that was also waiting for his top to be shipped posted on Brad's Boxsterspec site bitching because he'd been waiting with excuses for 4 months. I finally had enough because Blake and I have to get this car on track in early summer and we already missed opportunities, so I make another post stating that I refused to wait 4 months and that Brad shouldn't obligate to things he could not live up to.

My response was bold, to the point and fairly abrasive, but I really didn't give a damn and still don't.. That post prompted a phone call from Brad in which I restated everything in my post online and commenced to tell him just how sorry it was to lie and make false promises to people. The phone call ended with some four letter expletives and I slammed the phone down..

15 minutes later the Boxster Spec site was taken down and all this other soap opera drama began.

I guess he couldn't handle the truth, he finally pissed off the one person that would tell him exactly like it is and not give a shit what he thought about it..

Like they say, if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen... or shut down the forum, or give it to nasa, or sell the forum on ebay... Either way, go change your tampon and take a damn midol.

Brad has asked for EVERY bit of difficulty he has ever experienced in this industry.

When he reads this or when one of his buddies sees it and copies and pastes it, just let the fact be known that I meant every damn thing I told him on the phone and I don't give a damn what he thinks about that..

youre not the only one waiting for parts Jake. i know someone who has been waiting for parts to be shipped for about 4 months now...

-jim
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 25 2010, 12:59 PM) *

wink.gif

Not one to miss an opportunity, THIS SITE is also for sale. You will get the domain name, every image on it and limitless income potential. This one is a bargain at only $1,000!

Throw in the car and I'll give you $2,000. lol-2.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 25 2010, 05:39 PM) *

Get me my $50.00 bail money back and I'll gladly drop .50 to buy the site dry.gif

Now THAT is phunny! Unfortunately, I fell victim and donated to that cause as well. A $50 lesson in life....oh well.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 25 2010, 11:16 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Mar 25 2010, 12:59 PM) *

wink.gif

Not one to miss an opportunity, THIS SITE is also for sale. You will get the domain name, every image on it and limitless income potential. This one is a bargain at only $1,000!

Throw in the car and I'll give you $2,000. lol-2.gif

You are just pissed that you have that big ol' fat ass on your car and it makes your 3.2 slower than mine. bootyshake.gif
Porcharu

Yes, yes you did - I wouldn't mind my $$ back from Brad myself. OTOH I am glad I could help out Mueller out of his mess with that gun nonsense. That was before we became friends (same age kids and old Volvos plus we have the same antique Bridgeport CNC mills.)
Steve
bcaschera
there is some information that is on the club site that I have not found here, like the service manuals for example... Any way i would pay .50 for the content in a group by. I would by the site and hand it over to the admin here but cash is tight in my home. just my $0.02.
tdgray
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Mar 25 2010, 08:42 PM) *

What is the $ value of the Hot Chicks thread?

Dude... priceless biggrin.gif
zymurgist
Ohhhhh... now I understand why Andy wrote the script to capture all the pictures. biggrin.gif

I'm a little slow sometimes.
RON S.

I'm a little late to the party, but I as well as many others new that this end was inevitable. The writing was all over the wall.

too bad.

Ron
grantsfo
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Mar 25 2010, 09:12 PM) *

35 registered users first day beerchug.gif

LOL!

91 user(s) active in the past 1440 minutes
59 guests, 32 members 0 anonymous members
Phat B, mike the snake, trekkor, ottox914, '73-914guy, FrodeFE, J P Stein, bdtoel, mikekoozmin, Evan Fullerton, leebenedi, SBD, RobW, Chris Hamilton, JKH, Andyrew, Dan Thompson, nowlings, Justinp71, campbellcj, tjgalati, montoya 73 2.0, Randal, jnewport, Bill C, james, clemsonc, ppbon, Demick, 71//914, mrbeverlyhills, krote6
Show detailed by: Last Click, Member Name
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 89 posts
We have 43 registered members
The newest member is FrodeFE
Most users ever online was 91 on A minute ago
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I for one am sorry to see the 914 Club go. I think most who post there post

here, I have contributed to every cause the 914 comminuty has ask for. And I

have recieved 1,000 times more in return. As for Brad , I will really miss him,

OH I just got over that, !!!!!!!

Dave slap.gif

flippa
I got back into 914's just after all the drama unfolded. I don't really know nor ever really cared about what caused the split. I don't know Brad; never had any dealings with him & really can't say anything bad.

I joined both sites but only lurk here. I didn't like the club site because it kind of felt like the Brad show. I find it amazing that the guy has almost 56,000 posts on 914club. Kind of creepy; he is always there!

I think that he may have a problem; he spends way too much time f-ing around online IMAO sheeplove.gif type.gif sheeplove.gif type.gif sheeplove.gif type.gif .

Just think about this for a minute. If Brad spent 3 minutes (average) per post between reading & responding, he has been online full time 8 hours per day for 350 days . THe three minute per post is probably way conservative, it probably is double or triple that amount of time on average. And that is just posting on the club site! That's a whole bunch of wasted time over the past 8 years.

Not that I am one who should be throwing stones; I am f-ing off at work right now sheeplove.gif . The difference is that my customers are not calling me all pissed off looking for their stuff.

Hey! Shut that thing off!!!! You damn kids spend way too much time playing on that gosh-darn computer internet thingie blink.gif type.gif !!!! All that darn texty-mc-texting & tweeting & blogging & such! Complete waste of time!!!!

Hey Brad, step away from the computer & get some work done!

Jake, maybe this will free up some of his time & you will see that top.
Gint
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Mar 25 2010, 08:19 PM) *
I guess he couldn't handle the truth, he finally pissed off the one person that would tell him exactly like it is and not give a shit what he thought about it.
You're far from the first guy Jake, let the only one to ever tell him the truth. The list is very long...

When I first heard about the offer to sell I said I would put up 10% of the asking price if we put together a buy. I just want to get back to one primary 914 technical site.
tat2dphreak
I just want to get back to one primary 914 technical site.

agree.gif in the beginning there was 1, and it was good smile.gif now there's one real one and one dying a slow death... if his price was reasonable, I think a lot of people would be willing to pitch in a few bucks to make it happen.. I know I would.
jonferns
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Mar 26 2010, 09:56 AM) *

agree.gif in the beginning there was 1, and it was good smile.gif now there's one real one and one dying a slow death... if his price was reasonable, I think a lot of people would be willing to pitch in a few bucks to make it happen.. I know I would.

agree.gif
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif

And Grant... stop pimping you BS here. rolleyes.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 26 2010, 08:29 AM) *

agree.gif

And Grant... stop pimping you BS here. rolleyes.gif

BS=Boxster Shit?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Mar 26 2010, 08:16 AM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif

bandjoey
Someone here that could set up an escrow fund with the purpose of bringing the 2 sites back together and retire the club name? We could put in what we what and if the money isn't enough to buy, then refund all. Cash, Check by mail or paypal +3%? Personally I'd like just one site but would like access to the extra technical and posts that were on club.
PeeGreen 914
It would be sad to lose all of the data that is on there that we don't have but I would rather not give Brad any money confused24.gif .
RJMII
Where's the data?

Someone want a few tech articles? cut and paste works wonders. And you should only need the author's permission, not the website owner's.

ie Jake's tech articles that might be over there... Jake, can we post your tech articles over here somewhere that are pasted over there?

Jake Raby
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 26 2010, 09:37 AM) *

Where's the data?

Someone want a few tech articles? cut and paste works wonders. And you should only need the author's permission, not the website owner's.

ie Jake's tech articles that might be over there... Jake, can we post your tech articles over here somewhere that are pasted over there?

I don't want to get involved with this dramatic shit at all.. I am sure that Brad is just looking for a reason to whine back at me, since it appears I pushed his ass over the edge.

I can write more tech articles, if they get lost its no big deal.. I'd rather write new ones as to hear pissing and moaning about transferring them.

Hell, I'd kick in a few bucks to unify the sites again, its been a cluster**** every since the parties split.

BTW_ The seller gave my money back for the top, he is a straight up guy that also fell for the "Bradgasm".
76-914
What began as a minor observation Feb 13th has come full circle. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...103787&st=0 After I posted this six weeks ago, ar15.gif I felt as popular as the proverbial "Turd in a Punch Bowl" for having asked,! And now........ Anyway, I can't help but notice that Jake (being the professional that he is) half heartedly gives "club" an out in that post. I think the Boxster part was the proverbial "the Straw that Broke the Camels back", with Jake. I too, would support any consolidation efforts to preserve our knowledge base, whevever it might reside.
ericread

I agree in principal. Since I post both there and here, I wanted to add my $.02.

Knowing I have no conflict with Brad, I still have to ask; What is the real value of the club site? If someone wanted to compete with the world site, it might be of some value. But given the reduced number of active participants over at the club site, and given the active participation of most of the vendors and enthusiasists on the world site, I really don't know what value the club site is.

As an "URL" that is used to redirect to the world site, it's probably worth about $100.00. But other than that, does anybody have ideas of how the purchase of that site would improve the world site?

Again, this is my unbiased $.02.

Eric Read
SirAndy
QUOTE(ericread @ Mar 26 2010, 11:36 AM) *

As an "URL" that is used to redirect to the world site, it's probably worth about $100.00. But other than that, does anybody have ideas of how the purchase of that site would improve the world site?

agree.gif

If we do this, it would be mostly about the domain name. At this point, i don't think we would ever go back to be "914club.com" but being able to have that domain name and have it redirect here would help getting the two communities back together.

There are some members over there that don't participate here and i doubt a "merger" would get them back to being active here.

The new 914club content generated after the split would be a loss, but overall, i don't think the package justifies a $5k pricetag.

If Brad was interested in just selling the domain name for a reasonable price, i would be all for it.
popcorn[1].gif Andy
turboman808
Hey Andy

Any chance of getting a regional section on the forum if and when the site is taken down? If you go to the 914club site you can see alot of the post are from guys in the Northeast. Over here it's alot of west coast posts. Sadly the northeast post get lost over here really fast. I think Ray taking over as moderator has done alot to keep the 914club going as long as it has.

Just and idea.

As far as Brad goes I've met him a few times and he seems like a nice enough guy. confused24.gif
tat2dphreak
oh exactly, either URL would route to 1 site smile.gif which is why I think the $5k is stupid expensive.
MartyYeoman

Hey, At least I got a nifty key chain fob as a memento. screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.