Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
ConeDodger
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 2 2010, 08:00 AM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Apr 2 2010, 08:51 AM) *

All that info was here

agree.gif

hence the Alfa brakes going on my car smile.gif

Alfa! Why not go all the way:

Ferrari 308 rear fit a six or a four with vented rotors by the way, just have to install an additional bleeder nipple

Eric???? How soon can I get these? poke.gif biggrin.gif
McMark
Rob, just find some 308 cores. Not easy, but keep your eyes open and you never know.
PeeGreen 914
Just sent an email to my friend that works at the local Ferrari dealer for you Rob beerchug.gif I'll see if I can find anything from him.
Lavanaut
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 2 2010, 09:00 AM) *

All that info was here

agree.gif

Ferrari 308 rear fit a six or a four with vented rotors by the way, just have to install an additional bleeder nipple

If I recall correctly the aluminum Alpha Brembos are billed as the ultimate M-Caliper upgrade.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Apr 2 2010, 08:52 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 2 2010, 09:00 AM) *

All that info was here

agree.gif

If I recall correctly the aluminum Alpha Brembos are billed as the ultimate M-Caliper upgrade.

Yes, which is what I have on the front of my car. Very nice. Very light. In fact, I have some PMB rebuilt M calipers that I didn't use because Eric sent me a PM about the Brembo fronts.
McMark
We talkin' rears, homeskillet! elvira.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 2 2010, 08:29 AM) *

Just sent an email to my friend that works at the local Ferrari dealer for you Rob beerchug.gif I'll see if I can find anything from him.

Thanks Jon, I just hope George didn't mean that the 308 rears can be used on the front though... blink.gif
McMark
Only $1400 (no core)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 2 2010, 08:59 AM) *

Only $1400 (no core)

Ohhh too rich for my blood and they look to be iron cast. I'm not looking to be able to say I have Ferrari brakes. I just want to lose some unsprung weight. Gotta be aluminum.
McMark
Mount them inboard (on inner CV).
IPB Image
Dr Evil
I bet that would not be too hard to do smile.gif
RJMII
I bet with my 4th axis stuff for my mini mill I could make a rotor fit there... hmm... idea.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 2 2010, 01:31 PM) *

I bet with my 4th axis stuff for my mini mill I could make a rotor fit there... hmm... idea.gif

Go ask Cap'n Krusty how well that idea worked for Audi...

Nothing brakes like better than heat, dirt, grease, and heat...

PITA come pad-change time too...
McMark
If the pads are oily, they'll never wear out. C'mon! Look at the bright side.
zymurgist
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 2 2010, 03:19 PM) *

If the pads are oily, they'll never wear out. C'mon! Look at the bright side.

They won't squeak either.
McMark
Nice one! cool.gif
RJMII
They wouldn't be that tough to change... my starter is in the way though; and I'd have to install my real catch can for my coolant. av-943.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 2 2010, 09:59 AM) *

Only $1400 (no core)

these really work great though and allow a larger pad a vented rotor as well as and EMERGENCY brake and avoid welding a fixture onto the swing arm to hold the 911 style brake drum parking brake. Plus they will look just like the 916 rear brake setup we have here.
If you think about the total cost and the results, this is the rear caliper of choice for any 914 high performance application.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 2 2010, 12:34 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 2 2010, 09:59 AM) *

Only $1400 (no core)

these really work great though and allow a larger pad a vented rotor as well as and EMERGENCY brake and avoid welding a fixture onto the swing arm to hold the 911 style brake drum parking brake. Plus they will look just like the 916 rear brake setup we have here.
If you think about the total cost and the results, this is the rear caliper of choice for any 914 high performance application.

Probably true George but I already stop so fast I have to collect internal anatomy off the dash and put it back after autocross runs. I just want to maintain brake bias and lose unsprung weight. Nice shiny aluminum peeking through the Fuchs would be a plus as well... biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
true, George... when my Money tree start producing, and I get Benjamins falling out of my ass, I'll put these right on my list smile.gif

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Apr 2 2010, 01:55 PM) *

true, George... when my Money tree start producing, and I get Benjamins falling out of my ass, I'll put these right on my list smile.gif

What'd you do to get the Benjamins up there in the first place? barf.gif
Rand
That type of setup always reminds me of Bryan Feldman's turbo rotary 510.

IPB Image
craig downs
Boxster calipers are cheeper and work very good
RJMII
what does it take to make BS calipers work on an SC strut? and what does it take to make them work on the rears of a 914?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 2 2010, 09:19 PM) *

what does it take to make BS calipers work on an SC strut? and what does it take to make them work on the rears of a 914?

There are machined adapter blocks for putting Boxster calipers on a 914 with 911 front struts. The only modification you have to make is to the inboard reap pads so that they clear the factory mounting boss. Otherwise they are a true bolt on. I have it on my car. Great brakes.... literally pull out your eyeballs braking, and no fade. Use 911 Carrera front rotors and 911 SC rear rotors.

If you are interested in the adapters, contact Rich Johnson (a914guy@aol.com). He sells the kits, with all the proper installation hardware.
dgw
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 2 2010, 08:00 AM) *

yes, and they work great on my six conversion.
realred914
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 1 2010, 09:39 PM) *

I don't see why Brad shut off access in the first place. Kinda sucks for the buyer to pay $5k, while the active members are cut off by the previous owner. The new owner paid for a running site, and what their getting is a site that forced it's membership to leave (by being shut temporarily).

Why is it shut? confused24.gif

Same thing happened after the split, 914club was down a long time before it could get the servers up. that long time down was bad for the club as folks left. Meanwhile the world site was up and running and picked up more members. That long down time really killed off membership. It would be wise for new owner to get things up and running fast.
RJMII
QUOTE(realred914 @ Apr 3 2010, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 1 2010, 09:39 PM) *

I don't see why Brad shut off access in the first place. Kinda sucks for the buyer to pay $5k, while the active members are cut off by the previous owner. The new owner paid for a running site, and what their getting is a site that forced it's membership to leave (by being shut temporarily).

Why is it shut? confused24.gif

Same thing happened after the split, 914club was down a long time before it could get the servers up. that long time down was bad for the club as folks left. Meanwhile the world site was up and running and picked up more members. That long down time really killed off membership. It would be wise for new owner to get things up and running fast.

How would you know? you've only been around since Aprl 1, 2010. poke.gif stirthepot.gif

And don't you know how to stay OFF Topic?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.