Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 club for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Joe Bob
Is it still for sale? lol-2.gif

Might wanna read before it gets deleted.....

ttp://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=116654
EDIT: Link is a dead end now...
bandjoey
As I read this 16 users vs 105 here.
I also read that Jake is getting out of 4 cyl. Someone can update that or correct the info.
Dr Evil
Where did you hear that about Jake? I find that hard to believe.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 4 2009, 11:23 PM) *

Where did you hear that about Jake? I find that hard to believe.

It was in the "Six vs. Four" thread from 2004....
Joe Bob
What are YOU doing up at 7 am?
Joe Bob
My daughter's 13th B-Day......I'm waiting for her boyfriend to show up so I can keel him.....
Justinp71
Its on ebay right now... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...atchlink:top:en
914werke
that doesn't appear to be a joke?
McMark
ohmy.gif
Justinp71
From Brad,

"Ebay listing is done. Should show up soon.

If it doesn't sell by end of April.. I delete it all.

Ebay item number: 280484294227"

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=200496
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 25 2010, 11:40 AM) *

that doesn't appear to be a joke?

$5000? For a website that generates negative cash flow? Looks like a joke to me.

I don't doubt that Brad is done with it, though.
914werke
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 25 2010, 11:44 AM) *

From Brad,

"Ebay listing is done. Should show up soon.

If it doesn't sell by end of April.. I delete it all.

Ebay item number: 280484294227"

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=200496

Hmm.. the ebay "store" is gone as well.
jsayre914
finally, a club thread that wont get locked

biggrin.gif confused24.gif

that is really weird
SirAndy
Brad sent me an email yesterday:

Tell world site 5k for club site. That covers all the domain fees. Transfer of domain can happen today!!

Paypal sales@914club.com
I accept CC’s and will charge 3% if Paypal or CC is used.

I’ll exit 100% and hand over DB and URL’s.

popcorn[1].gif Andy
agentblr
He could donate the site to Andy and we would have a united 914 web site again stirthepot.gif
McMark
Love this quote from over there (with my emphasis):

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 25 2010, 11:56 AM) *
Funny part? I turned down 20k+ back in 2005 at the split. It has never been about the money, or I would have taken that offer

when you look at it with this in mind:

QUOTE(agentblr @ Mar 25 2010, 11:56 AM) *
He could donate the site to Andy and we would have a united 914 web site again
KaptKaos
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 25 2010, 11:59 AM) *

Love this quote from over there (with my emphasis):

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 25 2010, 11:56 AM) *
Funny part? I turned down 20k+ back in 2005 at the split. It has never been about the money, or I would have taken that offer

When they say it's not about the money.......

patssle
So why are there 2 914 website that are nearly identical?

I've never seen an answer in my searches.
hydroliftin
It's sad to see the club go. I hope someone picks it up and continues the site. I spend most of my time here, but it's good to have the club to visit too when I just can't get enough.
MartyYeoman
It kind of puts the "split" in perspective. Doesn't it...
bs.gif
URY914
This will create some drama....
TheCabinetmaker
Its all my fault
biosurfer1
Looks like he was trying to sell a DVD with all the pictures that are hosted there at some point and all the people warning him about that changed his mind into trying to sell the domain on eBay.

Interesting...
grantsfo
There has been yet another split. lol-2.gif

Now the Club paddock guys are all headed to http://www.axpaddock.com/
agentblr
I have been a member since 04.When the split happened i was on hiatus for a few years so I missed all of it. I went to log in one day and of course I was a member of 2 different sites.So I guess I'll just ask it: What happened???
URY914
I won't say "all" the guys. There were eight guys when I joined this morning.
mepstein
He just leased garage space and took in cars for repair, restoration and race prep and now he wants to find a job in Iraq? Strange...
grantsfo
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 25 2010, 12:45 PM) *

Up to 20 already.
URY914
QUOTE(agentblr @ Mar 25 2010, 12:44 PM) *

I have been a member since 04.When the split happened i was on hiatus for a few years so I missed all of it. I went to log in one day and of course I was a member of 2 different sites.So I guess I'll just ask it: What happened???

It's a long story and has several different versions depending on who you ask.
URY914
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Mar 25 2010, 12:46 PM) *

Up to 20 already.

That's because I joined biggrin.gif
Andyrew
It seems to me that Brad has said to either buy it from him or its going away. Now my fear here is that he will actualy do this, and we will loose all this information and people.

Could we possibly start a "get the 914 community back together" fund? I'd be down for donating.

Patssle, A few years ago we used to be the 914club, back when everything was roaring, Brad and Andy were partners. Andy wanted to keep the site a free and welcome environment and Brad saw a buisness oportunity and wanted to proceed with it. They went there separate ways and split the web site. Both retaining all the information.

None of us wanted the split, Not even Brad or Andy, yet they couldnt agree.
Andyrew
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Mar 25 2010, 12:42 PM) *

There has been yet another split. lol-2.gif

Now the Club paddock guys are all headed to http://www.axpaddock.com/

And why wasnt I informed?? biggrin.gif
MoveQik
wink.gif

Not one to miss an opportunity, THIS SITE is also for sale. You will get the domain name, every image on it and limitless income potential. This one is a bargain at only $1,000!
URY914
For some reason I am not clicking on that.....
MoveQik
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 25 2010, 01:08 PM) *

For some reason I am not clicking on that.....

Scouts honor, it is 100% safe and completely 914 related. AND it can be yours for $1,000! biggrin.gif
turboman808
Seems all the information is on both sites.

After Brad deletes it Andy should put this site up for sale or it gets deleted then we should all panic. w00t.gif
grantsfo
Is there really that much more content over there? I think not. At least not $5K worth. I think just let it die a natural death. That will consolidate 914 entusiasts here as I dont think there is anyone assed brained enough to buy a 914 chat board for $5000! But maybe I have underestimated value of a rusty car forum where people like me post? That would indicate my posts add value to a site. ...I dont think so!
JRust
Does the drama never end confused24.gif . I wish everyone would just let whatever their issues with Brad are go. I'm not you & don't know what problems you had. I really don't care what they were either. Does rehashing them do anything to benefit either site? I consider Brad a good friend. He has always treated me with respect & been great to work with. I just wish all this crap would go away. Without the club actually having too dry.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 25 2010, 12:48 PM) *

Up to 20 already.

21 now popcorn[1].gif

http://www.axpaddock.com/
tat2dphreak
no way is the site worth 5k for it's content. the content is all over here too...

seems like a way to drum up some controversy... that said, if we could re-unify, I'd pitch in a few bucks... I still have hats, shirts and stickers for a site I no longer visit
URY914
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Mar 25 2010, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 25 2010, 12:48 PM) *

Up to 20 already.

21 now popcorn[1].gif

http://www.axpaddock.com/

Growing like wildfire... driving.gif
Root_Werks
He's always seemed like a dude on PMS to me.
zymurgist
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 25 2010, 04:15 PM) *

Does the drama never end confused24.gif . I wish everyone would just let whatever their issues with Brad are go.

QFT
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 25 2010, 01:15 PM) *

Does the drama never end confused24.gif . I wish everyone would just let whatever their issues with Brad are go. I'm not you & don't know what problems you had. I really don't care what they were either. Does rehashing them do anything to benefit either site? I consider Brad a good friend. He has always treated me with respect & been great to work with. I just wish all this crap would go away. Without the club actually having too dry.gif

Actually Jamie, I am glad it follows him as to all the people I know that are in the race prep community say he is nothing but a hack and rips off every good idea he comes up with. These are guys that are the true inventors and engineers in the fields we care about. I'd rather have is reputation proceed him than for him to be able to walk around unscathed and rip more people's hard work off.

just my 2 cents
Joe Bob
Who truely gives a shit?
URY914
I was waiting for the orginal poster to reply...
agentblr
914World rule #1............. don't ask why the site split hide.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Rico Suave @ Mar 25 2010, 02:07 PM) *

Who truely gives a shit?

I do. I care about these cars AND the people who drive them. I care about the people that want to make them better and their motivation is to help others. If I am slighted by someone or see a fellow member be slighted I will always through a red flag as I do care. I wish more felt the same way as I wouldn't have had to deal with a few issues I have had to deal with and would be further along than where I am.
grantsfo
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 25 2010, 01:52 PM) *

He's always seemed like a dude on PMS to me.

That could describe about 50% of the people that post or admin on the 914 boards. Not unique to Brad. lol-2.gif I actually see this as a healthy course of events for all involved.

Just checked ebay. It hasnt sold yet. LOL!
EdwardBlume
beer.gif Grant, don't judge yourself too harshly, I'd pay some money to see you post... beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.