Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 470.29.00076 - Meaney/Hendricks FIA, IMSA race car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
gms
I was out on the track last weekend again, ran a new personal best lap time and finished 3rd in the race piratenanner.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R1bNyUtoVo
KELTY360
Very smooth and consistent. I get the feeling you've driven that track many times. Thanks for the vid.
gms
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 20 2011, 12:13 PM) *

Very smooth and consistent. I get the feeling you've driven that track many times. Thanks for the vid.

Thanks, yes I have run 10 races at this track.
Bartlett 914
That was sure a nice day at the track. The car ran without any problems. Glenn's times were very consistent. I didn't measure more than a second difference on any lap. It looks to me that the only way to make a better time is with more horsepower. Way to go Glenn!
gms
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Aug 21 2011, 12:51 PM) *

That was sure a nice day at the track. The car ran without any problems. Glenn's times were very consistent. I didn't measure more than a second difference on any lap. It looks to me that the only way to make a better time is with more horsepower. Way to go Glenn!

Mark Thanks for coming out and being my "Crew Chief", it takes away all the stress so i can concentrate on driving.
FourBlades

Glenn,

It is great to see the car keep racing. piratenanner.gif

It looks great, must be fun to drive.

John
gms
Now that Roadglue is back up I figured I would link the old thread here
Old Roadglue Thread
skota
Finally got around to posting these. great weekend.
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

beerchug.gif
racerbvd
Sweet, are you limited on wheel size??? Looks like lots more room under those flares..
gms
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Sep 30 2011, 04:36 PM) *

Sweet, are you limited on wheel size??? Looks like lots more room under those flares..

At the Kohler International Challenge I was limited to 15x7s with DOT tires, I could have run in the GTU class with bigger wheels but I only have a 2.2L engine so there would be no one to race with. The scrutineer from SVRA didn't like my car much, he complaining about everything on the car. Kind of ironic if you consider that mine was one of the only real professionally raced cars on the track.
I am not invited back to that race headbang.gif

Thanks for posting the pix skota!!
GeorgeRud
WTF.gif

And I thought that only the SCCA didn't like Porsches. It is amazing that the vintage people would have issues.
gms
I was trying to align the rear of the car and could only get tow-out on the passenger side. Pulling the trailing arms exposed an old rubber bushing and a worn plastic bushing. I was convinced the passenger side was bent.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
gms
I did a little reinforcing
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Glenn what are going to use for bushings ?

gms
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 1 2011, 03:50 PM) *

Glenn what are going to use for bushings ?

I already threw some Weltmeister bushings (until I build with solid metal)
Bearings provided quickly by PMB thanks Eric!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Bartlett 914
I just wanted to congratulate Glenn on a great year. Glenn finished this year at Blackhawk Farms Race track. It was supposed to be a looong race. There were to be 2 races. Unfortunately, a driver had a problem (heart Attack) and the race was stopped and the delay caused the second race to be canceled. But Glenn had a great finish. He consistently broke all his own speed records and managed to beat his friend Tim Green. This was no small accomplishment. Tim clearly has a much stronger engine. Glenn showed progress throughout the year and had a great finish! Way to go Glenn!
gms
Thanks Mark, your help with the car is always appreciated!
now here are some pix
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Because he had a real vintage race car, Awesome Glenn.

gms
I was unhappy with the way the car looked from the back and the original quarter panels were getting damaged from flopping around.
I decided to use the spare set of quarter panels that came with the race car.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
gms
They spot welded a 6" extension on top of the quarter panels, I carefully removed it just in case I want to go back to the old look.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
gms
and finally started to fit the new panel
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rnellums
Looking Good Glenn!
gms
QUOTE(rnellums @ Mar 13 2012, 09:05 PM) *

Looking Good Glenn!

Thanks Ross
RoadGlue
Sweet! Were you able to get the rear deck lid to match the angle of the fenders? Or is the hood just slightly ajar in the photo?
gms
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Mar 13 2012, 09:14 PM) *

Sweet! Were you able to get the rear deck lid to match the angle of the fenders? Or is the hood just slightly ajar in the photo?

It is a deck lid with a slight spoiler on the back so it has always been like that.
If i have enough time I might shave it and put the rear original spoiler back on it.
Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
That will definitely look better with the narrow wheels/tires. smile.gif
Its common to cut a slit in the front of the flare at the height of the rocker panel top so the bottom of the flare can be pullled tighter and blend into the rocker better.
Then the lower portion can be painted to match the rocker.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
gms
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 15 2012, 04:24 AM) *

That will definitely look better with the narrow wheels/tires. smile.gif
Its common to cut a slit in the front of the flare at the height of the rocker panel top so the bottom of the flare can be pullled tighter and blend into the rocker better.
Then the lower portion can be painted to match the rocker.

Looks like a good idea Chris
gms
With only about a month to the first race it is time to pull the engine and give it a once over. I have collected a lot of grass and leaves under the the engine cover.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
That engine sucks! It sucks up leaves, and dry grass and other things that clog up za kooling
gms
I finished fitting the fenders and attached them with Dzus fasteners. A little more trimming and they are ready for paint!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

GaroldShaffer
Looking good Glen. beer.gif
gms
I started to fit the new rear deck lid!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
FourBlades
That is looking great first.gif

I like to see old race cars that are still running in races and not just in collections or exhibitions.

John
gms
Today I added balsa wood the rear lid
Click to view attachment
RoadGlue
Great work Glenn!! Maybe we can sneak out there later in the year and watch you race!
ptravnic
Really cool stuff Glenn. Looks like you've been busy since I was out there in the fall.

Keep up the good work!
-pt
gms
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Apr 10 2012, 11:54 AM) *

Great work Glenn!! Maybe we can sneak out there later in the year and watch you race!

As have said before you and Logan are always welcome!
gms
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Apr 10 2012, 03:48 PM) *

Really cool stuff Glenn. Looks like you've been busy since I was out there in the fall.

Keep up the good work!
-pt

Thanks...You will have to stop by again sometime
gms
I got some paint on the fenders yesterday!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
project914
Looks so much better, and reduced frontal area too!
cheers,
dug
gms
Just finishing up before the race on Sunday

A rundown of the work done:
Removed front and rear hinges and pinned the hood and rear deck lid, this actually removed 10 lbs!
Changed the rear deck lid to a lighter fiberglass lid, removed 6 lbs.
Changed the rear bumper to a lighter unit, removed 4 lbs.
The new rear quarter panels are 6 lbs lighter.
Removed part of the steel quarter panels and lost another 12 lbs
and I lost 20 lbs this winter!
Click to view attachment
gms
had to weld up the exhaust, the megaphone broke right off

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
gms
and the Pièce de résistance...

KundenSport Sticker
Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif Looking good Glenn. Good luck and be safe this weekend. beerchug.gif
gms
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 18 2012, 10:31 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif Looking good Glenn. Good luck and be safe this weekend. beerchug.gif

Thanks Garold, will do
pnewman
QUOTE(gms @ Apr 18 2012, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 18 2012, 10:31 PM) *

Thanks Garold, will do

Looking awesome Glenn! What steam rollers do you plan on putting back there?

Hey does Glenn have a street legal 914 in the stable to bring out if Garold has his BBQ this summer?
Hope you do well this weekend!
gms
QUOTE(pnewman @ Apr 20 2012, 01:57 PM) *

Looking awesome Glenn! What steam rollers do you plan on putting back there?
Hope you do well this weekend!

7 x 15 Cookie Cutters, the flares are a lot smaller now
IronHillRestorations
How'd you do last weekend Glenn?
gms
I ran fastest lap in practice and only tenth of a second slower in qualifying.

I was stuck behind a Cobra and couldn’t get by him, he was slow in the turns and fast on the straights. The 280Z started to pull away sad.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.