Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flares Group Buy!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
okieflyr
Dave, I'll be flairs only. No rockers needed.
Thank you!
JRust
If it's cool I'd like 1 set of flares & 2 sets of rockers. I've got a fiberglass set of flares too. May as well get rockers for those while I am at it. I wouldn't think that would be a problem. Let me know biggrin.gif
Beach914
Okieflyer - Flares only.

Jamie - two sets of rocker shouldn't be a problem.

Dave
Phil Plummer
Hello I would like to get in on the group buy say the word and I'll send george Hussey my Visa # pronto.
Kudoos to Dave for organizing this -That is way cool of you!!!!
Regards Phil Plummer
Beach914
QUOTE(Phil Plummer @ Jan 8 2012, 11:30 AM) *

Hello I would like to get in on the group buy say the word and I'll send george Hussey my Visa # pronto.
Kudoos to Dave for organizing this -That is way cool of you!!!!
Regards Phil Plummer

We'll add you to the list

welcome.png

Sent you a PM also

Dave
TorqueJunkie
How close are we now? Just wondering wher the numbers are...
Beach914
QUOTE(TorqueJunkie @ Jan 8 2012, 02:13 PM) *

33 on the Flares!!! Now I need to establish some shipping and handling costs to various regions of the USA and a cost to Europe so that I can collect fair, and enough S&H, from each individual to include in your money order to AA. Members were balking at a $90 charge to each (except Foreign Ship) if they were closer.

Trying to make it so that everyone has a good experience with this buy. I'll do a little more work with AA and George if I have to.

Its tough.

Dave
ww914
Good Job Dave. Thanks for doing this.
TorqueJunkie
Yes i guess Shipping is an issue to consider, but I would rather have good packaging and no damage then skimp or complain about the shipping costs. Glad we are close.
okieflyr
QUOTE(TorqueJunkie @ Jan 8 2012, 09:55 PM) *

Yes i guess Shipping is an issue to consider, but I would rather have good packaging and no damage then skimp or complain about the shipping costs. Glad we are close.

agree.gif I'd rather know they are traveling well, than to spend more than the shipping cost to repair damaged sheetmetal. Just looking for Value.....
Phil Plummer
Hi Dave I just need to know what 2 do regarding payment let me know and I'll take care of it -Phil Plummer
bixs
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 8 2012, 04:46 PM) *

33 on the Flares!!! Now I need to establish some shipping and handling costs to various regions of the USA and a cost to Europe so that I can collect fair, and enough S&H, from each individual to include in your money order to AA. Members were balking at a $90 charge to each (except Foreign Ship) if they were closer.

Trying to make it so that everyone has a good experience with this buy. I'll do a little more work with AA and George if I have to.

Its tough.

Dave

Drive by AA everyday, I can balk smile.gif . Thank you for organizing this!!
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(bixs @ Jan 9 2012, 06:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 8 2012, 04:46 PM) *

Its tough.

Dave

Drive by AA everyday, I can balk smile.gif . Thank you for organizing this!!

Niklas
Paypal is good for me!!

Niklas
JRust
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 7 2012, 11:24 AM) *

Dave

Excellent! Shipping for me is 97333. Once you get me a total I will get you a cashier check to Auto Atlanta. Thanks for all your work setting it up. Also did George give you an ETA once production begins?
Beach914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 11 2012, 11:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 7 2012, 11:24 AM) *

Dave

Excellent! Shipping for me is 97333. Once you get me a total I will get you a cashier check to Auto Atlanta. Thanks for all your work setting it up. Also did George give you an ETA once production begins?

I still have a few foreign shipment costs that I have to resolve and I can start to request the payments and addresses.

The foreign shipments help to make up the 30 buyers so we are right on the border of having enough.

He said two weeks to run the flares.

Dave
jeeperjohn56
Hey Dave, To get a shipping cost for me will be to 94531 Ca. Thanks Again John driving.gif
Loser_Cruiser
Flares and Rockers!!! 99337 WA!

Thanks for your hard work.
geniusanthony
Flares only
shipping to 22309 or if it saves to my business at 22060
Rick_Eberle
As well as the flares and rockers, I think I'd like to add the
REAR VALANCE WITHOUT NOTCH FOR GT FLARES
B91450300910GRV
raw1298
shipping for rockers to 95610. biggrin.gif
carr914
Shipping of Flares to 33612
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Jan 14 2012, 05:58 AM) *

Hi why are you sending me your zip ???I am not organizing the group buy it is dave 914beach
Beach914
For everyone in the group buy, looks like it time to get this going so,

Please PM me your shipping address so I can create a spreadsheet to send to AA when I send in the payments.

As I have said in earlier emails previous Group Buy organizers have said that Money Orders made out to Auto Atlanta and sent to me worked best> I need to guarentee AA that I have a minimum of thirty participants and the first twenty paid before they will start to run the production. Understnad that ther is no way to control this if some people sumit credit cards and some submit money orders, etc....

Help me to keep it simple and organized. I would like the shipping info from all asap so I can determine s&h fees for each based where they are going. I still have to work this out with George so who wanted a standard fee to cover everyone.

I want to make sure all is fair and reasonable so that AA can ship these as accurately and as safe as possible.

Thanks for evryone's encouragement and support.

Please send me your addresses via a PM to maintain your privacy. I have from some guys already so thanks.

Dave
raw1298
QUOTE(Phil Plummer @ Jan 14 2012, 10:10 AM) *

QUOTE(raw1298 @ Jan 14 2012, 05:58 AM) *

Hi why are you sending me your zip ???I am not organizing the group buy it is dave 914beach

That is interesting that you recieved this. I only posted here on the thread. confused24.gif
Beach914
PM me your addresses asap please.

I will be talking to AA about setting up a standard shipping fee to northwest, southwest, central, northeast and the southeast. Also to those that have joined in from Australia, Canada, Sweden, and Great Britain.

I will then ask for payments once I broadcast the s&h add on to the flares and rocker costs.

Dave
Cairo94507
Sent. As I am not going to install these flares on my six I think I will have them primed and painted Irish Green and hang them in my garage as wall art.

Of course when Scotty B. has my car (April) and it gets media blasted, if there were some sort of major damage to the existing fenders that was uncovered.....

Just kidding guys - my six is staying stock-bodied. biggrin.gif

Beach914
icon_bump.gif Need your addresses guys!!!!!! Hurry up so I can finish shipping estimates and ask for payments.

Thanks for your support

Dave
EdArango
icon_bump.gif
Rbcm2005
Is it too late to join in? I am interested in both the flares and rockers. - PM sent. Thx!
Beach914
QUOTE(Rbcm2005 @ Jan 17 2012, 09:34 PM) *

Is it too late to join in? I am interested in both the flares and rockers. - PM sent. Thx!

We'll squeeze you in. Its not too late as I am collecting shipping addresses.

Dave
Beach914
Group Buy Members

I am still short about addresses necessary for the minimum of 30 buyers.

If I can't get even 30 addresses then I'm skeptical about getting thirty guys to pay up for the purchase.

Please get your addresses in to me asap.

To those that have already sent them in, Thanks. To those that haven't hurry up!!!

Regards,

Dave
Phil Plummer
[I think we all should be appreiciative of Dave for all his work in organizing the group buy as well we should send Dave tokens of our apprieciation-Phil
Beach914
QUOTE(Phil Plummer @ Jan 20 2012, 12:51 PM) *

[I think we all should be appreiciative of Dave for all his work in organizing the group buy as well we should send Dave tokens of our apprieciation-Phil

No, Thats ok Phil. I am being taken care of for all of the work.

No problem. I like the World and want to contribute as I have received a vast amount of info and help from the members.

Dave
ww914
Dave

Maybe email those that have not responded. Perhaps they are away and not checking the forum.
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(ww914 @ Jan 20 2012, 08:07 PM) *

Dave

Maybe email those that have not responded. Perhaps they are away and not checking the forum.

So how many flare orders are there now?
Beach914
QUOTE(ww914 @ Jan 20 2012, 07:07 PM) *

Dave

We've got 37 for Flares and about 31 for Rockers. Only 29 addresses so far though.

Yes, Thats what I had planned to do this weekend. However, I am in Vegas for a big trade show next week and suspect that I will find it hard to concentrate on the list and PM's to those that aren't checking the forum.

I will try but the Blackjack Tables are calling me......

Really, I will do it.

Dave
mikea100
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 21 2012, 12:57 AM) *

We've got 37 for Flares and about 31 for Rockers. Only 29 addresses so far though.

Yes, Thats what I had planned to do this weekend. However, I am in Vegas for a big trade show next week and suspect that I will find it hard to concentrate on the list and PM's to those that aren't checking the forum.

I will try but the Blackjack Tables are calling me......

Really, I will do it.

Dave

Just sent you PM with #30.
sean_v8_914
will this be a new production run?
can the issue described below be corrected in the next production run?

GT flare mysteries:
im about to get into a flare install and the one thing that i rarely see is the solution for the bottom where that 45 deg angle is. I just cant leave that mis-matched geometry in there. it makes the rocker gap funky. the bottom of current stampings are rounded and don't match the shape of the body.

I see that even teh 911 flare has that flat section that blends to the bottom edge
what happened to our 914 flares? why dont they have that in teh stamping?
Cairo94507
That's likely going to be up to the metal-man installer to correct. Such is life.
geniusanthony
bumpity bump
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(geniusanthony @ Jan 28 2012, 07:51 AM) *

bumpity bump

Cant wait to get those Flares on!! and finish the 6 conversion ...MMMmmmm BEEP-BEEP MMMMMmmm BEEP-BEEP MMMMYEAH!!!
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(Phil Plummer @ Jan 28 2012, 08:56 AM) *

QUOTE(geniusanthony @ Jan 28 2012, 07:51 AM) *

bumpity bump

Cant wait to get those Flares on!! and finish the 6 conversion ...MMMmmmm BEEP-BEEP MMMMMmmm BEEP-BEEP MMMMYEAH!!!

Does anyone know what width spacers and adapters I'll need I'm changing the 4lug pedrinis to 15x7 phone dials for rear and 15x6 phone dial for front,
Right after the metal flares go on.
raw1298
How are you switching to 5 lug setup? Adapters? Drilling rotors? It also depends on the offset of the rims. More info would help. I like the phone dials with the flares.
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Jan 28 2012, 05:27 PM) *

How are you switching to 5 lug setup? Adapters? Drilling rotors? It also depends on the offset of the rims. More info would help. I like the phone dials with the flares.

Yup 5 lug set up 15x7 on rear 15x6 on front and going with the metal flares and small trunk spoiler 916 front end-getting a 911sc 3.0 from an 81 with only 70k on it nice engine upgraded chain tensioners well looked after etc+ some header from gt racing Car has no rust and a pristine interior.
Beach914
Spreadsheet goes to AA tonite with addresses only to get shipping & Handling costs. S&H costs will be added to your Flares/Rocker buy and then I will ask for payments to be sent immediately to me for consolidation into the group buy.
Thanks for everyones cooperation and support.

Dave
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 29 2012, 01:10 PM) *

Spreadsheet goes to AA tonite with addresses only to get shipping & Handling costs. S&H costs will be added to your Flares/Rocker buy and then I will ask for payments to be sent immediately to me for consolidation into the group buy.
Thanks for everyones cooperation and support.

Dave

Dave!!! You are #$%!@**&%!!!@X~+@#$%^*!!! Awsome Get your ass into acounting at the Govt Level we need your arganizational and motivational skills we need to clone you !! Go Go !! Save our western society!!!
O.K seriously though were to I send the $$$$ order???-Phil Plummer
Beach914
Thanks Phil. I think that I'll stick to running my Concrete Trowel Company in SoCal.
Cairo94507
Standing by waiting for the word to send the money. Thanks.
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 29 2012, 01:58 PM) *

Thanks Phil. I think that I'll stick to running my Concrete Trowel Company in SoCal.

Dave:
Q: What do you say to a guy with an IQ of over 260???
A: What the @#$%&*!# are you doing running a concrete trowel co in Socal?
Q;What do you say to guy with an IQ of 55 ???
A: Nice Speech senator!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.