Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flares Group Buy!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Beach914
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 20 2012, 02:44 PM) *

Awesome! We'll get an ETA update once George has been paid right? I can't wait to get mine & put them on evilgrin.gif

Sending whatever I get tonite plus the 26 paid flare guys and 3 rockers guys to AA so they can get started.

Other payments are supposed to be on their way to me. And I'll send those out getting them organized.

Dave
Beach914
rec'd r_towle's and geniousanthony's payments yesterday

thx.

Sent out payments for everyone else to AA yesterday and called George to let him know we were good for the 30 plus neeeded for the Group Buy. Final group of payments will go out on Monday.

Sorry but those that have not sent their payments in have until Saturday to get them in to me or you are SOL. You'll have to wait for the next buy in 4-5 years, maybe.....

Dave

carr914
There is one question I forgot to Ask, is George using US Steel or did he farm this out to the fuching Chinese?
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 23 2012, 04:42 PM) *

There is one question I forgot to Ask, is George using US Steel or did he farm this out to the fuching Chinese?

Frankly, i'd prefer German steel over fuching US Steel ...
shades.gif
carr914
Yeah, but anything but Chinese ( where's the Slant Eyed Smilie?)
Phil Plummer
Lets hope george isnt cheaping ut on the steel and U>S or any northa american steel is better than Chinese -you guys should see the crap comming out of China that is exploding when put into a refinery application.
But I though george made them at AA ?
or maybe its gone to someone in Mexico?
Anyway I dont think he would make us shody flares he has too much to lose in the comunity yeah there is allot of car nuts -but it is still a small word
carr914
No Way George makes them at AA
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 23 2012, 07:12 PM) *

No Way George makes them at AA

Not AA, but locally. There's a video of the place here somewhere where you can watch them being made (last groupbuy) ...
shades.gif
michael7810
Anyone else get the receipt from AA? Mine is for flares only and I ordered and paid for flares and rockers. Estimated arrival date is March 1st so I'll wait and see what arrives.
Beach914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Feb 25 2012, 08:11 AM) *

Anyone else get the receipt from AA? Mine is for flares only and I ordered and paid for flares and rockers. Estimated arrival date is March 1st so I'll wait and see what arrives.

Hi,

Mia at AA has said that Rockers will ship out separately in the next week or so.

Lotsa work on her part so she needs to be thanked big time.

I thought that most would be happy that something was on the way so quick after the payment got in!!!!

Dave
Loser_Cruiser
I didn't get a receipt sad.gif
Beach914
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Feb 25 2012, 08:28 AM) *

I didn't get a receipt sad.gif

Hang in there. You will when they ship. AA just started shipping.
michael7810
I'll be patient. I don't even have a car to put them on. This will be my retirement project in a few years. Thanks for the update on the rockers.
no1uno
No reciept, but I did just receive my flares. Still waiting on rockers. It's hard not to get excited seeing them setting in the box.
BKLA
No receipt but he cashed my business check! That'll do in a pinch!
JRust
Damn that is quick on the shipping. Much better than I expected. No reciept for me yet but I don't care as long as I get me flares & 2 sets of rockers piratenanner.gif
Beach914
Update for all in the buy.

Flares are going out first and I am told that Rockers will be going out in two weeks.

I will let everyone know if anything changes.

Dave
okieflyr
I recieved my flairs yesterday. Thank you for organizing and putting up with the headaches. thumb3d.gif
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Feb 29 2012, 08:55 AM) *

I recieved my flairs yesterday. Thank you for organizing and putting up with the headaches. thumb3d.gif

So I wonder if I can get another set or am I screwed?-Phil
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Feb 29 2012, 08:12 AM) *

Flares are going out first and I am told that Rockers will be going out in two weeks.

Dave

Hey Dave can i get another set or am I screwed?-Phil
Beach914
QUOTE(Phil Plummer @ Feb 29 2012, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Beach914 @ Feb 29 2012, 08:12 AM) *

Dave

Hey Dave can i get another set or am I screwed?-Phil

PM'd you Phil

SirAndy
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Feb 25 2012, 08:36 AM) *
AA just started shipping.

Any idea on the timing? idea.gif

Tomorrow, next week, a month from now? confused24.gif
Beach914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 29 2012, 07:37 PM) *

Some have received their flares already. Many are currently in transit but I cannot say if yours are or not. I will verify status with Mia tomorrow a.m. and will advise if I obtain the info.

Dave
Norskpole
My flares just came in today....so the shipments are hitting California, now. piratenanner.gif

Thanks again ! pray.gif Dave

QUOTE(Beach914 @ Feb 29 2012, 08:55 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 29 2012, 07:37 PM) *

Some have received their flares already. Many are currently in transit but I cannot say if yours are or not. I will verify status with Mia tomorrow a.m. and will advise if I obtain the info.

Dave

Cairo94507
Mine arrived this morning too. Afraid to open the box as there was a lot of metal banging around inside. I am going to go open it now....can't stand the suspense.
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 29 2012, 10:37 PM) *

Ditto
Cairo94507
OK.....drum roll.....here is the box as it arrived

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Opened

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
The goods

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Better picture

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Sorry about multiple posts sad.gif - I apparently ride the short bus with you know who blink.gif when it comes to posting pics.

The only thing I wish is that AA would have packed these nicer. They had a bunch of paper in the box but all the flares were together and the paper was wadded up on top of them. When I repacked them for storage I wrapped each flare and still had enough paper for a bottom box liner and top liner. Box is all sealed up and they should be safe until they are needed.

Of course it would not be proper to install these on my six.... welder.gif would it?

OH - Sorry about the messy garage, just upgraded an aquarium in my home office and I have stuff all over the garage until the old aquarium goes.
Beach914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 1 2012, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 29 2012, 10:37 PM) *

Ditto

Well Rich yours are going out to you end of next week or??? Not real sure yet as the Money Order you sent me was made out to me when I requested them to be made out to AA. I caught it yesterday when I was getting ready to ship the final set of MO's. So I have to go and get a MO or cashiers check and send it out tomorrow or Monday. AA knows that you have an order waiting so its not their issue at this time.

Others have had their Mo's in for a period of time waiting for us to reach the 30 buyer threshold so please be a little more patient as I take care of this.

Dave
r_towle
meds...at least I was home long enough to get it done...then they sent me back in again....got back tuesday.

Just curious.

rich
Beach914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 1 2012, 05:03 PM) *

meds...at least I was home long enough to get it done...then they sent me back in again....got back tuesday.

Just curious.

rich

No problem Rich...I'm watching out for everyone to make sure it gets done.
carr914
I'm getting jealous of you guys receiving yours, hopefully I get mine soon
BKLA
Yes, jealousy is a nasty bitch... kicks you in the nuggets all the time....

eagerly awaiting that *dingdong* from the UPs woman!
JRust
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 1 2012, 05:56 PM) *

I'm getting jealous of you guys receiving yours, hopefully I get mine soon

happy11.gif Yeah ever since I heard the first guy get his. I've been chomping at the bit waiting for mine. Not like it matters as It's will be at least a flippin month before I do anything but look at them. It's just they got theirs first mad.gif lol-2.gif Let's cut Dave a little slack huh confused24.gif . You the man Dave & thanks once again for setting these all up. Your hard work does credit to us all first.gif .

Oh yeah where the hell are my flares poke.gif
JRust
Dang nab it! Got a package from FedEx today but wasn't home to sign for it headbang.gif . It's either my flares or my 16x8 fuchs I got to go with them biggrin.gif . Can't wait for Fedex to return tomorrow chowtime.gif
carr914
No Show, George hates me, has probably been out in the Shipping Dept ball-peening smash.gif my Flares
Loser_Cruiser
Got mine!

I've been waiting for these for about 8 years. Feels good.
ww914
Got mine yesterday. Now to get them on, or not?
SirAndy
Got 'em! smilie_pokal.gif

Turns out, FedEx dropped them off at the neighbors house ...
WTF.gif screwy.gif confused24.gif
Beach914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 2 2012, 05:58 PM) *

No Show, George hates me, has probably been out in the Shipping Dept ball-peening smash.gif my Flares

Not sure of the rationale for the mailing but I double checked your address and everything I sent to AA looks good.

Yours might be getting that "special touch".....

Hang in there TC

Dave
jeeperjohn56
Got my Flare's yesterday, missed Mr. Fed-X on Wednesday, any Idea when the Rocker,s will be shipped? John
JRust
I received my flares today piratenanner.gif . I guess I better open the box tomorrow & make sure they are all there & in good shape huh? Very cool to have them already biggrin.gif
Tedman5
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 3 2012, 11:38 PM) *

I received my flares today piratenanner.gif . I guess I better open the box tomorrow & make sure they are all there & in good shape huh? Very cool to have them already biggrin.gif

Did AA make any extra that are still available for a group buy purchase? Just getting in to this forum as I am picking up my teener March 8th in CA. Flares are something I am looking to do and would love to get in on the action for a full set if I would be so lucky.
Rick_Eberle
Got mine today!
Beach914
Shipment update.....

For those that may not have received their flares yet AA contacted me this weekend and said that remaining shipments of Flares will go out next week as his fabricator completes the order. These will likely be timed with the shipments of rockers for those that also ordered those.

Dave
carr914
Nice Guys finish Last - guess I have to wait til next week
BKLA
TC -

I think you and I were (are) on georges sh*t list. Got an email today that they are being shipped. We must be the last two.

No rockers shipped, tho.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.