Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flares Group Buy!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Steve
I bought the AA steel flairs from the first group buy. Venice Beach Auto Body aka Beach Boys Racing installed mine. I thought they did a great job.
fastmover34
Here is what I have counted in this thread so far:

Flares:
Cairo94507
okieflyr
BarberDave
ww914
jeeperjohn56
Curtisj
mepstein
BKLA
r_towle
bixs
BajaXJ92
fastmover34
jlozo
ww914

Rockers:
Cairo94507
BarberDave
raw1298
jeeperjohn56
maf914
Curtisj
BKLA
r_towle
bixs
BajaXJ92
fastmover34
ww914

I'm sure there are many more who have just PMed and on other boards, so we should be getting closer to 30!
ww914
You counted me twice on flares. ww914
Beach914
I've got some PM's which is why I said that I would post the current names next week.

I think that we are definitely going to have to take this in to mid-Jan to let some get past xmas.

If you are like me, I know you're all biting at the bit to get some Flares.

Dave
Beach914
I've posted on 914 Club and Pelican. Getting hits but no joiners.
Anyone know of a European site that I can post on please let me know.

Dave
Mike Bellis
http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4
Beach914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Dec 25 2011, 01:37 PM) *

Thx.

Just registered and posted our Group Buy.
TorqueJunkie
I am in for flares and rockers.
carr914
I thought I replied here, but must have on the other Thread. I'm in if we get to 30
Beach914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 26 2011, 04:38 AM) *

I thought I replied here, but must have on the other Thread. I'm in if we get to 30

I gotcha on the list TC.

Thanks
BuddyV
I'm in to help the momentum!

PM sent.

Cheers!
ssalsbry
I'm in for flares & rockers.
914 newbie, longtime Pelican but not much of a poster.

-s
Beach914
QUOTE(ssalsbry @ Dec 26 2011, 05:05 PM) *

-s

welcome.png

Gotcha on the list.

Dave
carr914
QUOTE(ssalsbry @ Dec 26 2011, 08:05 PM) *

-s

welcome.png
jeeperjohn56
Hey Dave, How are we doing with the group buy? Are we going to get the 30 people we need, how many more do we need? John
Cairo94507
Hey all just came upon a new eBay listing for AA for a set of flares for $1,095. So the price we are getting is a good deal.
Beach914
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Dec 26 2011, 08:17 PM) *

Hey Dave, How are we doing with the group buy? Are we going to get the 30 people we need, how many more do we need? John

We've got 19 buyers for flares and 18 for rockers at this time.

Dave
Beach914
BUMP !!! Want to keep this in front of everyone starting the new year.

I have twenty in the buy at this time.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!
dr.tim
You can add my name to the list: Rockers and Flares.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Dec 31 2011, 07:23 PM) *

Well, i don't really need a set right now but what the heck.

Count me in for a set of flares (no rockers)!
idea.gif
Beach914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 1 2012, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Beach914 @ Dec 31 2011, 07:23 PM) *

Well, i don't really need a set right now but what the heck.

Count me in for a set of flares (no rockers)!
idea.gif

Thanks for joining in Andy!!!

Makes 22 now. I also received an email from a Teener on the European club site.

Dave
jockdeboer
I am on the fence as I do not even own a 914 yet. I would be in for both.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jockdeboer @ Jan 2 2012, 03:54 PM) *

biggrin.gif

You are off to a good start with your addiction!

welcome.png
Beach914
QUOTE(jockdeboer @ Jan 2 2012, 03:54 PM) *

Your interest is noted but I won't put you on the list yet then. I'll ask when I hit 30 to see if you can make the committment at that time.

We'd certainly would like for you to participate.

oh and welcome.png

thx

Dave
jockdeboer
Thanks! I am going to see a 914 this weekend. Does anyone know of a flared version in the NYC area? I have not seen one in person before and the 916 was not out when I stopped in Stuguart! One other question is there a shop in the NYC area that has done this before?
mikea100
Does anybody have pictures of GRP rocker panels. Do they have raised "PORSCHE" letters?
Beach914
QUOTE(mikea100 @ Jan 2 2012, 05:23 PM) *

Does anybody have pictures of GRP rocker panels. Do they have raised "PORSCHE" letters?

looking at the picture in AA I do not believe that they do.

Click to view attachment
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(mikea100 @ Jan 2 2012, 08:23 PM) *

The flared rockers do not. The raised letters are on the ABS rocker covers. They could likely be modified to fit over the top of flared rockers, but it would not be easy.
DMCF1Fast
I saw your post over on the Pelican board and would like to get in for the flares and the rockers. Now I just need to explain to my wife why I need these!

Thanks,

David
burton73
I am in for a set of rockers only.

Bob Burton
Beach914
Got you both on the list.

We are almost there gang!!!! I will double check my list but I think that we are one buyer away. There maybe a few that are still on the fence that I have on the list but I will ask for firm commitment when I think we've cleared 30.

I also discussed holding it open until the middle of the month to amke sure we would have enough and to give everyone a chance to get out from Xmas and the holidays.

I need to get some shipping cost estimates to various parts of the country and to a couple of spots in Europe and we will be good to go.

Dave
Cairo94507
Outstanding. Thanks for all of the work putting this together.
Michael
mikea100
Lets do this. I'll be #30. Put me down for flares & rockers.
Beach914
QUOTE(mikea100 @ Jan 5 2012, 06:24 AM) *

Lets do this. I'll be #30. Put me down for flares & rockers.

Thanks Mike.

FOR ALL IN THE GROUP BUY.
I have thirty now now but a few are on the fence so I'm looking to close the group buy on the 15th, depends on how it goes. I'd like to have a few more to participants. Then I'll announce that I will be taking payments.

I'll post a list of all that have joined tonite after work.

Dave

jeeperjohn56
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif Thanks Dave for all your work, let me know when to send payment and where. John
Beach914
Well, unfortunately some not so good news...Had someone fall out and now we're back to 29.

But I'm not discouraged and I'm betting that some one will step up and buy in before we close it.

Dave
Cairo94507
Dave:
No worries; I am quite sure we will make it.
Rick_Eberle
I'd like to get in on this, both flares and rockers.
I'm in Australia, so what's the best way to handle payment? I can get a cheque drawn on a US bank, but it'll cost me $40. Can I pay AA directly with a card???
Beach914
QUOTE(Rick_Eberle @ Jan 6 2012, 06:37 PM) *

I'm in Australia, so what's the best way to handle payment? I can get a cheque drawn on a US bank, but it'll cost me $40. Can I pay AA directly with a card???

Good question Rick.

We can hope that one of the previous Group Buy Coordinators had this happen and chime in. Either way I will discuss this with AA on Monday and lets see what they say. I don't think that it will be a problem.

Also, thanks for joining in !!!!

Dave
Norskpole
I'm in for a set w/sides. Just advise on when/how you want payment.
mepstein
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 6 2012, 09:56 PM) *

Good question Rick.

We can hope that one of the previous Group Buy Coordinators had this happen and chime in. Either way I will discuss this with AA on Monday and lets see what they say. I don't think that it will be a problem.

Dave

IIRC, I think international money orders are cheap. We had buyers from Japan, Spain, Germany and France. I'm pretty sure that was the easiest and cheapest way to pay. Sent to me but made out to AA.
Rick_Eberle
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 7 2012, 02:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 6 2012, 09:56 PM) *

Good question Rick.

Dave

IIRC, I think international money orders are cheap. We had buyers from Japan, Spain, Germany and France. I'm pretty sure that was the easiest and cheapest way to pay. Sent to me but made out to AA.

Yeah, the money Orders were about $8.00, unfortunately they don't offer them anymore, as of a couple of years ago. I'm in either way, but if I can save the extra $, that would be good!
Beach914

[/quote]

Thanks for the input.

Looks like I'll be able to post an entry list tomorrow. Should be 31 again !!!!

I would ask that all involved please review the list and let me know if if I missed anything.

Dave
Beach914
QUOTE(Niklas @ Dec 21 2011, 04:41 AM) *

What is the total with freight to europe?

Niklas it looks like FedEx is about $350.00 to get to europe if the box is not oversize. I'm trying to get the size from AA. Otherwise it will have to go some other air freight carrier which I will lok at next week. I have another guy from England that wants to join in.

Dave
Beach914
Click to view attachment

Here's the list I've got so far.

Sorry couldn't post an excel spreadsheet. Would only let me attach a pdf.

Oopps missed 1845 for flares only and bullitt for rockers. Will add to list.

Dave
Niklas
i´m not on the list.
Just the flares.
What was the freight to sweden ?
carr914
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 7 2012, 12:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Niklas @ Dec 21 2011, 04:41 AM) *

What is the total with freight to europe?

Niklas it looks like FedEx is about $350.00 to get to europe if the box is not oversize. I'm trying to get the size from AA. Otherwise it will have to go some other air freight carrier which I will lok at next week. I have another guy from England that wants to join in.

Dave

Dave check with DHL, I have found they are pretty cheap (relatively) freight to & from Europe
carr914
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 7 2012, 12:56 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Here's the list I've got so far.

Sorry couldn't post an excel spreadsheet. Would only let me attach a pdf.

Oopps missed 1845 for flares only and bullitt for rockers. Will add to list.

Dave

Dave, I just need the Flares - no Rockers

Thanks,
T.C.
jeeperjohn56
Dave, Will you let us know what the total will be for each person in the US, with shipping and do we make cashier's check out to AA? will we send you the money or send it to AA directly. John
Beach914
Niklas - sent you an estimate of $350 to Europe. PM me an address and when I get a weight and box size from AA. I'll be able to narrow it down.

Carr914 - Noted flares only TC. Thx for the advise on DHL I'll check it out.

Jeeprjohn56 - money order made out to AA but sent to me to consolidate and send as a group to AA. Other wise I won't know who and what's been paid. Its a control thing.....

Thanks for checking out your status on the list.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.