Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flares Group Buy!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Beach914
Okay so maybe I'll get it right this time by putting it in this forum.

I am trying to organize a group buy for a set of flares from Auto Atlanta.

The price will be $750.00 and a minimum of thirty Buyers will be required to implement the buy. AA will begin production when I have funds equivalent to twenty Buyers submitted and the last ten funds in-process. Production will take a couple of weeks.

AA will also offer the GRP Flared Rockers for an extra $100.00.

Please respond as quickly as you can with your commitment and I will begin to set up an account. I guess that I will accept checks and I also have paypal if you want to do that (with a transaction fee included).

I ask that all of those that were interested in jeeperjohn56's thread to please reconfirm with me in this thread.

I'll work my hardest for everyone to make this a quick and successful group buy.

Dave
Cairo94507
I am in for a set as well as the flared rockers. Send me a PM with your address and i will send you whatever you need to get this rolling.

The flares are not for my six; it is stock bodied and will remain that way. I am buying the flares for my 2nd 914....down the road, which will be a flared more radical street car.

Thanks for handling this.

Michael
Cairo94507 at yahoo dot com
okieflyr
I'm in for flairs.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I would in for a set and flaired rockeres, if the 6 I buy has reg. fenders.

Dave slap.gif
raw1298
Already have flares, are the rockers available alone at that price?
Beach914
I would imagine AA wouldn't mind as long as it were its own group buy and we had 30 plus buyers. Otherwise the intent was to offer it as an incentive with the Flares. Not really fair to camp on to the ones that are spending more and getting the Flares. Lets see how many end up wanting Flares also.
ww914

Dave

Put me down for the flares. I assume they are the steel replicas, right? Also, I can't find the rockers on AA. All I can find is the front valance.

Warren
jeeperjohn56
Dave, I'm in for a set of flare's and the rocker's, just tell me when you need payment or where to send it. Will it go directly to AA with name and address? Thanks for getting this started. John santa_smiley.gif
Beach914
I will collect the money and be responsible for issuing a cashiers check or cash transfer to AA from a separate account that I have with BofA. i also have an account with Wells Fargo if anyone has problems with BofA.

I ahve run golf leagues for companies in the past and have had the experience of collecting and managing the funds.

AA will not be able to hold and track the participants.

Lets give the thread a few more days and then I will provide information on where to send the funds.

If previous group buy organizers have a different experience please tell me.

Dave
windforfun
I keep flares in the bag.
mepstein
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Dec 17 2011, 08:36 PM) *

I will collect the money and be responsible for issuing a cashiers check or cash transfer to AA from a separate account that I have with BofA. i also have an account with Wells Fargo if anyone has problems with BofA.

I ahve run golf leagues for companies in the past and have had the experience of collecting and managing the funds.

AA will not be able to hold and track the participants.

Lets give the thread a few more days and then I will provide information on where to send the funds.

If previous group buy organizers have a different experience please tell me.

Dave

We had a deadline for the money to be sent. I had members send me money orders made out to AA. I didn't want to place large amounts of money under my name from people who didn't know me. The money was sent to AA one we reached our numbers and production started immediately. I placed ads in all the 914 sites but world got the most views by far. We had buyers from Spain, France, Germany and Japan. I had a great time talking to many people who participated in the flare buy. I think it is a bit premature for another big buy but wish you all the best. mark
Beach914
Thanks for the insight Mark. I can do it just as you propose if people are uncomfortable.

Now just need 24 more buyers and we've got it.
maf914
I already have a set of factory flares, but would be in for a set of flared fiberglass rocker panels. I understand your position regarding these, so I will stand by to see if you meet your quota for steel flares and can offer the rockers to others. Thank you.

And thanks to you and everyone else who has tried to arrange various group buys. It is a big effort to provide a service to the World and it is appreciated.
ruby914
I understand Restoration Design may be out of flares. You may want to contact them and other resellers to get larger orders. popcorn[1].gif
Curtisj
I would be interested in flares and rocker panels. Thanks Curtis
TravisNeff
Yikes, last time on group buy they were $500, 50% markup <pucker!>
TurbOH Brad
You know, 3 or 4 months ago, George told me that there would NEVER, under any circumstances, EVER be another flares group buy. PERIOD.

interesting...
mepstein
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Dec 19 2011, 06:53 AM) *

Yikes, last time on group buy they were $500, 50% markup <pucker!>

No, they were $550 and George did say he would never offer them that low again. That was also 2 years ago. But the past is the past and the current price of $750 is great! I might buy a set for a future build.
mikea100
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 19 2011, 08:25 AM) *

No, they were $550 and George did say he would never offer them that low again. That was also 2 years ago. But the past is the past and the current price of $750 is great! I might buy a set for a future build.

Mark,
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there was additional s&h charge of $75. So the total for your group by was $625.

Is s&h included in this group by of $750? If $750 is the total, then I'm in for a set.
mepstein
QUOTE(mikea100 @ Dec 19 2011, 09:34 AM) *

Mark,
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there was additional s&h charge of $75. So the total for your group by was $625.

Is s&h included in this group by of $750? If $750 is the total, then I'm in for a set.

s&h was a flat $50 to the lower 48 smile.gif

In a another couple years we'll wish we could get them at $750. I've seen factory sets selling for $3K+
Beach914
QUOTE(mikea100 @ Dec 19 2011, 06:34 AM) *

Mark,

The $750 does not include S&H.

Dave
Beach914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 19 2011, 06:51 AM) *

Mark,

In a another couple years we'll wish we could get them at $750. I've seen factory sets selling for $3K+

Thanks for sharing the history of the previous buy Mark.

Wasn't the previous group buy for a larger number also? Like 50 ? We have a lower number for the buy and George did say that he would not go any lower regardless of group size due to his commitments to the other companies that sell his flares.

Dave
mepstein
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Dec 19 2011, 12:41 PM) *

Mark,

Wasn't the previous group buy for a larger number also? Like 50 ? We have a lower number for the buy and George did say that he would not go any lower regardless of group size due to his commitments to the other companies that sell his flares.

Dave

Yes, it was tiered pricing but I ignored the lower numbers and only advertised the 40+ price. If you could get some foreign speaking guys to post on the different sites in france, germany, japan, ect. it might help. We sold 10+ sets overseas last time. I would also hit the club site, pelican and the 914 group on yahoo. 750 is a really good price! There isn't a lower priced alternative.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 19 2011, 10:39 AM) *
750 is a really good price! There isn't a lower priced alternative.

agree.gif

I'm not sure what all that complaining is about, if i was in the market for a set, i'd happily pay $750 for a set.

They are better quality than the factory original flares at 1/4 the price. How is that *not* a good deal?
WTF.gif
BKLA
I bought a set in the first original group buy. Included them in the sale of the blue 914 (Dumba$$!!) Not sure if I'll use them right away, but the prices are too good to pass up. Include me in the group buy with rockers (as long as I can pay after the first of the year!)

Did George quote a shipping cost per set? A complete total would be nice to know.
Beach914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 19 2011, 10:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Beach914 @ Dec 19 2011, 12:41 PM) *

Mark,

Dave

Yes, it was tiered pricing but I ignored the lower numbers and only advertised the 40+ price. If you could get some foreign speaking guys to post on the different sites in france, germany, japan, ect. it might help. We sold 10+ sets overseas last time. I would also hit the club site, pelican and the 914 group on yahoo. 750 is a really good price! There isn't a lower priced alternative.

Thanks Mark. I will be posting on 914Club and will also do the others as you suggest.

I agree that the price is really good. I just missed the previous buy so I have been waiting for the opportunity to participate.

Beach914
QUOTE(BKLA @ Dec 19 2011, 11:03 AM) *

I bought a set in the first original group buy. Included them in the sale of the blue 914 (Dumba$$!!) Not sure if I'll use them right away, but the prices are too good to pass up. Include me in the group buy with rockers (as long as I can pay after the first of the year!)

Did George quote a shipping cost per set? A complete total would be nice to know.

I will find out what current shipping rates are.
r_towle
I will jump in for a set if I can pay in January also.
flares and rockers.

How many people do you have right now?

Rich
bixs
In for set + rockers.

sent you a PM
Beach914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 19 2011, 11:08 AM) *

I will jump in for a set if I can pay in January also.
flares and rockers.

How many people do you have right now?

Rich

9 committed and 3 not sures so far.

I just posted on 914Club and will look into posting on Pelican later.

Dave
Beach914
Shipping Costs

$90 for the Flares.

$28 for the Rockers.

The first ten buyers of the Rockers will also get free shipping on any additional parts purchased at that time as they will be packed in the Rocker box.

carr914
Can I just Pick mine up?, I'm sure George would love to see me
JFJ914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 19 2011, 07:20 PM) *

I did.
Niklas
What is the total with freight to europe?
Beach914
QUOTE(Niklas @ Dec 21 2011, 04:41 AM) *

What is the total with freight to europe?

I do not know. I will find out and get back to you.

TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Dec 19 2011, 08:07 PM) *

I did.

And I know I certainly loved seeing you John! lol-2.gif
QUOTE(TurbOH Brad @ Dec 21 2011, 01:32 PM) *

QUOTE(John Jentz @ Dec 19 2011, 08:07 PM) *

I did.

And I know I certainly loved seeing you John! lol-2.gif

You can count me in for 1 set of flares only, unless we are speaking of steel flared rockers... then those as well.

BajaXJ92
Count me in for a set of flares + rockers, considering I can pay in January.

biggrin.gif dry.gif biggrin.gif
Beach914
We're at about 15 Buyers if I count 'em right.

Come on you guys that are right on the edge. I know its Christmas and money is tight, plus we're supposed to think about other first.

We'll wait for you or ask your better half for Flares as a xmas present.

I'll be working on determining better shipping rates to various parts of the country (and Europe) next week.

Thanks to all the others for your support of this group buy.

I'll post a list of all that I think I have commitments from next week for Flares and/or Rockers.

Dave.

ww914
Someone asked if they are steel rockers? Are they?
TurbOH Brad
QUOTE(ww914 @ Dec 23 2011, 11:09 AM) *

Nope. Glass Reinforced Fiber.
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(TurbOH Brad @ Dec 23 2011, 11:12 AM) *

I've heard mixed reviews. Hows the quality/fitment of them?
SirAndy
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Dec 23 2011, 08:14 AM) *
QUOTE(TurbOH Brad @ Dec 23 2011, 11:12 AM) *

I've heard mixed reviews. Hows the quality/fitment of them?

They all fit bad and need some tweaking. Including the factory originals. popcorn[1].gif
fastmover34
Put me down for a set of flares and rockers.

Is it the first 10 signed up for the rockers or the first 10 who pay for the rockers that get the free shipping for the rockers? Wow I said rockers alot!
Beach914
QUOTE(fastmover34 @ Dec 24 2011, 12:28 AM) *

Put me down for a set of flares and rockers.

Is it the first 10 signed up for the rockers or the first 10 who pay for the rockers that get the free shipping for the rockers? Wow I said rockers alot!

Thanks.

George said first ten signed up for the rockers. I'll publish the list and the order that I see them in next week. At first glance we are beyond the first ten unless some of the guys from the original thread have now backed out.

Dave
jeeperjohn56
Dave, I'm still in for the flair's and rockers. John
Beach914
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Dec 24 2011, 07:30 AM) *

Dave, I'm still in for the flair's and rockers. John

I've gotcha in there.....

We can do this!!!! Its gonna happen!!!

Ask your spouses for Flares and Rockers for xmas!!!

Dave
jlozo
I'm in for a set of flares
ww914
OK, newbie question here: If you install the flares, do you then need the rockers for proper fitment? If so, put me down for the rockers as well.

And Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
mepstein
QUOTE(ww914 @ Dec 24 2011, 11:52 AM) *

OK, newbie question here: If you install the flares, do you then need the rockers for proper fitment? If so, put me down for the rockers as well.

And Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

My opinion - You fit the flares to the car, weld, bodywork and then you fit the rockers to the car and modify as needed. The flares become part of the fenders. The rockers are a large trim piece. There are other opinions and lots of install threads to review.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.