mepstein
Congrats smilie_pokal.gif

OU8AVW
Click to view attachment
scotty b
smile.gif thumb3d.gif
MDG
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Mar 9 2015, 01:11 PM) *

Picked up the Teener today. First drive. She'll take some getting used to but all in all it's the best day ever!

smilie_pokal.gif
OU8AVW
Perry's cover kicks ass!

Click to view attachment
OU8AVW
So I had the local independant Porsche shop looking at my car over the last six weeks or so. They did allot of good work making the engine run properly, but they never got it right. The car would buck at various RMP. Mechanic said that the fuel pump might be to blame so I say, "replace the fuel pump." He says, "we want to make sure that's the problem." I tell him if you charge me $135 an hour to figure out that it's the issue then you might as well buy a new pump for $130 and install it. Then I'll at least have a new pump to show for it. I also tell the guy that it's probably the TPS making it buck.

I get a call a few days later that my car's "ready and running great". No fuel pump and no TPS installed. I pick up the car and guess what? It's still bucking and running like crap.... sheeplove.gif

Soooo.....

Last night I installed a new fuel pump. Car runs allot smother but still bucks

Soooo.....

This morning I installed a TPS that Rich sent me last week. You guessed it, that fucher's running like a fresh spun top. Why won't mechanics listen to people? I mean I obviously know a little bit about my car, I built the thing from scratch right?

People..... headbang.gif
somd914
We have countless threads about "great Porsche mechanics" who can't seem to get anything right...

Glad to see she is running.

How about Katie's in Great Falls Saturday?
OU8AVW
Been driving the crap out of my Teener. Seems to run better every day. Oil has been running around 200-210. I'm due an oil change and valve adjustment.

Click to view attachment
OU8AVW
Perry's cover means I never have to put the top on biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Shadowfax
Nice car, man. Hope mine looks that good one day.
OU8AVW
I've been dialing in my Air Fuel ratio lately. Got it about right. She's running pretty sweet. I drove it to work three days last week. It's a reasonable driver, if I can keep my foot out of it. biggrin.gif
Still have to get the headlight switch swapped out and relocate the wiper rest. I'm not too excited about pulling the fresh air ducting out again.....

Click to view attachment
Mueller
Wow, that was a lot of work, great job.

I like the decal on the sides, an almost subtle addition since they don't pop out like most colors used (like my green!)
Arno914
Hello Mike,

I just read through your restauration thread from 2015. Great work!!!
Seems like your 914 came off the assembly line on the same day like mine.
Same colour L80E.
The Karman plate on the door sill on my car reads 2729542, so it was the 42th car built that day (July 6th, 1971).
I am next on the world´s VIN page (4712915085). smile.gif

Greetings from Germany!

Arno

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.