Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The First Annual Tropical Ramble, 8-11 Nov 2012.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
carr914
Joe, for those of us Camping, can we build a camp-fire or will the Airport frown upon such things?
Series9
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 1 2012, 07:34 PM) *

Joe, for those of us Camping, can we build a camp-fire or will the Airport frown upon such things?

We aren't inside the fence..... beerchug.gif
Madswede
icon_bump.gif It's the Day of the Dead, but that doesn't mean this thread can die. I'm off today, getting stuff ready for the dog-sitter, work two days next week then late flight out Weds. Can't effin' wait to see my car. drooley.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Madswede @ Nov 2 2012, 04:48 PM) *

icon_bump.gif It's the Day of the Dead, but that doesn't mean this thread can die. I'm off today, getting stuff ready for the dog-sitter, work two days next week then late flight out Weds. Can't effin' wait to see my car. drooley.gif

Sorry , but Joe sold your car to finance the Hot Dogs & BEER drunk.gif
rick 918-S
Wish we could be there kids! dry.gif icon_bump.gif
Series9
Just taking a head count.

Who will be here Thursday Evening?

Nelson
Betty
Bob
Greg
Bill
John
BIGKAT_83
Will arrive around 4:00pm.

Bob smile.gif
bcheney
I want to be there...it will just depend on wheter or not the car is with me smile.gif Still working to complete it!
Series9
We had a test run out to the Island to test the November weather.

Very nice. 80*.

This Friday will only be 75*, but will still be very nice.

Series9
The embroidered shirts have arrived.

I decided to do them all the same stripes version for color continuity.

You'll be happy. Here's Betty's:

carr914
I haven't decided if I'm coming over Thursday or very early Friday morning - leaning towards Friday
Bills914-4
The wife & I will be there thursday around 5:00ish , leaving miami before noon
really looking forward to this event smile.gif , Bill D.
d914
thursdays afternoon...6ish
FourBlades

Verena and I should get there between 9 and 10PM with my IMSA car on a trailer.

I'd like to offload it Thursday night so it can be stored inside your shop if possible.

I can always keep it at the Clarion that night if I get there too late.

John
Series9
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Nov 5 2012, 09:39 AM) *

I'd like to offload it Thursday night so it can be stored inside your shop if possible.

John

We can do it Thursday night. beerchug.gif
FourBlades
QUOTE(Series9 @ Nov 5 2012, 07:47 AM) *

QUOTE(FourBlades @ Nov 5 2012, 09:39 AM) *

John

We can do it Thursday night. beerchug.gif

It is sitting on the ground for the first time in years as of yesterday and looking pretty cool.

John
JoeSharp
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif drooley.gif
BIGKAT_83
I'm ready just cant decide which car to bring. huh.gif huh.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ellisor3
Jags game Thursday night so lots of drinking and crying. I will be there Friday am. Will probably meet everyone outside the track. What time is the group scheduled to hit Daytona?
billh1963
Good looking shirts! You will have to mail mine...I have to be in Cleveland through Saturday.
carr914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 5 2012, 06:22 PM) *

Good looking shirts! You will have to mail mine...I have to be in Cleveland through Saturday.

That Sucks

More Beer for the rest of us I guess drunk.gif
billh1963
Yep...I'm not happy. I had my room reserved, car checked out and ready for action, and a full tank of non-ethanol fuel. I was ready!!!!!!!
carr914
The Countdown is now in Hours piratenanner.gif
Madswede
Indeed! Leave Albuquerque in about 8 hours. Will be there late tonight, raring to go tomorrow. See everyone soon!
carr914
Joe, what time are you leaving for Daytona on Friday? Want to make sure I get to Series9 before you leave.
no1uno
Lori and I should be there between 6 and 7 Thursday night. okay to set up camp at that time?
Madswede
Hey guys, just knowin' Joe and how busy it gets putting on an event, he's probably going to respond quicker if you call him at this point.

Gonna get lunch and head to the airport here. beer3.gif beerchug.gif
Series9
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 7 2012, 10:45 AM) *

Joe, what time are you leaving for Daytona on Friday? Want to make sure I get to Series9 before you leave.

8:30am.
Series9
QUOTE(no1uno @ Nov 7 2012, 12:37 PM) *

Lori and I should be there between 6 and 7 Thursday night. okay to set up camp at that time?

No problem.
carr914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Nov 7 2012, 05:45 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 7 2012, 10:45 AM) *

8:30am.

I'll be there by then

and I've got 4 Totes of Parts
BIGKAT_83
On my way now @ 7am only 500 miles to go.
driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif

Bob
Madswede
Well it was very late but we got here and crashed out last night. Looks to warm up and be sweet for the meet-n-greet not to mention the rest of this weekend. It's ON.
carr914
See ya tomorrow morning early beerchug.gif
carr914
Looks like Great Weather for this weekend piratenanner.gif

See ya in the morning

Click to view attachment
carr914
You guys to Drunk to take Pictures?

I'll be there in a few hours
billh1963
Wow....enjoy. I'm in Cleveland where it feels like it's 20 below (although, I think it really is 27 or so). I hate cold weather.
carr914
I'm out the door driving.gif
bcheney
On my way out the door at about 7a.m. and I am in my 6 conversion!!!!
ThePaintedMan
Leaving work now, wish I could have made it this morning, but I should be there by 5 today. Can't wait!
JoeSharp
popcorn[1].gif
ellisor3
A couple photos for HSR (Historic Sportscar Racing) in Daytona. More photos to come.
ellisor3
A couple more
bcheney
Well what can I say...The Tropical Ramble is in full swing and we are having a blast! Joe had a quick drivers meeting this morning for us and we were off to Daytona International Speedway for the HSR Races by 8:30am. The time we had at the track was fantastic. TC got EFR (Elliott Forbes-Robinson) to come by and take a group photo with us. This was very cool for everyone and had a special meaning for my wife and I. I worked on a IMSA team back in 1987 (Primus Motorsports) and EFR was one of our drivers at Daytona, Sebring and the Miami GP along with Chris Kneifel and Brian Redman. Here are a bunch of pics. First we were at the track and then it was on to Hidden Treasures...a waterfront eatery and bar. Captn Joe then picked us up at the dock and took us over to disapperaing Island...This is a cool sandbar at Ponce Intlet looking out to the Atlantic.
bcheney
One pic was taken today with EFR and my wife Leslie. The other pics are from back in the day at Primus Motorsports...some cool shots with EFR and Redman. Havin the chance to talk with EFR today was very cool....It was the first day of driving my 6 conversion and he told me all about the subtle modifications he made to his 1970 914/6 just after he bought it back in 1970...that was incredible! Can't wait to get back behind the wheel for day 2 of the Tropical Ramble tomorrow!!
ellisor3
Early morning at Series 9.
ellisor3
Ready to roll out
ellisor3
Nice drive down the beach
ellisor3
Trying to run down Joe.
ellisor3
Time for lunch
BMITCHELL
Great pictures! Just a little trivia note. I first met EFR at Glendale College in CA. He was taking the same classes as I in the A&P course in 1965. He drove up in his 289 Cobra to show us his new ride. pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.