Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The First Annual Tropical Ramble, 8-11 Nov 2012.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
SLITS
If you see EFR again, ask him about CASOC.
iamchappy
I just got a call from TC, thanks for thinking of me while you all are having fun at the Ramble, makes me a part of it sort of, i couldn't think of anything more fun to do right now than to be driving my car in Florida and hanging out drinking frosty adult beverages with the Ramble crew...

Oh yeah just throw TC out of the plane without a chute, he's so full of hot air that he floats... good luck TC with the jump.......LOL
JoeSharp
hissyfit.gif I sooo wanted to be there.....

billh1963
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Nov 11 2012, 05:03 AM) *

hissyfit.gif I sooo wanted to be there.....

I know the feeling!!!!
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
KENNY
sunglasses.gif
KENNY
driving.gif
KENNY
driving.gif
KENNY
smile.gif
ellisor3
Here are a few more from HSR
URY914
Click to view attachment
ellisor3
A few more
ellisor3
Back at Series 9
URY914
Click to view attachment
ellisor3
Last few
ellisor3
If you missed it you missed a blast.
carr914
A BIG Shout-Out to Joe & Series9 for Hosting TR1

If you weren't here, you missed out on a Great Time! piratenanner.gif

Friday Morning @ Series9

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Group Shot with Special Tropical Ramble Guest, EFR (Elliot-Forbes Robinson)

Click to view attachment

Brian (bcheney) & EFR

Click to view attachment
carr914
My Car, Brian's Car & Lil Bastard

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
It was an Official 914 Event as 30% of the cars broke down on Road Trip #2

One got back up & running thanks to KENNY having a spare Fuel Pump beer.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Driving driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 10 2012, 10:28 PM) *

I just got a call from TC, thanks for thinking of me while you all are having fun at the Ramble, makes me a part of it sort of, i couldn't think of anything more fun to do right now than to be driving my car in Florida and hanging out drinking frosty adult beverages with the Ramble crew...

Oh yeah just throw TC out of the plane without a chute, he's so full of hot air that he floats... good luck TC with the jump.......LOL

I Lost the Raffle for the SkyDive

I want a Special T-Shirt next year saying "I Survived Tropical Ramble I" biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
If you didn't make it this year, you better get your Ass here next year beerchug.gif

Chateau T.C.

Click to view attachment
billh1963
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 11 2012, 08:01 PM) *

If you didn't make it this year, you better get your Ass here next year beerchug.gif

Chateau T.C.

Click to view attachment

Definitely!!!!!

For those of us who paid (and couldn't go) how do we get our swag (shirts and whatever)?
carr914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 11 2012, 08:18 PM) *

how do we get our swag?

Well Nelson's new nickname is SWAG, but I'm not sure you want Him! evilgrin.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 11 2012, 08:22 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 11 2012, 08:18 PM) *

how do we get our swag?

Well Nelson's new nickname is SWAG, but I'm not sure you want Him! evilgrin.gif

No thank you smile.gif

Just the shirt, please lol-2.gif
URY914
Click to view attachment
FourBlades
My wife and I had such a great time at the Tropical Ramble.

Joe and Series 9 had it perfectly organized, every activity was really fun and worth
doing. There was plenty of time for everything and we never felt rushed.

My wife was worried it would be all guys but there were a lot of women and
she had a great time. Tell your wives and girlfriends that for next year.

We are ready to do it again next weekend. piratenanner.gif

914s going through the kink at Daytona.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Zotz Racing 914 on the banking.

Click to view attachment

An Audi R8 that ran at LeMans.

Click to view attachment

Kudzu racer chasing another R8. The R8s could power out of the horseshoe with
no drama while all the other prototype's traction control would kick in and make
them sound like they were running super rough trying to accelerate away.

Click to view attachment

Absolutely immaculate Patrick Motorsports 914.

Click to view attachment

Like a concours car but its a race car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Andy Wallace hanging out while they check the R8.

Click to view attachment

carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 11 2012, 07:59 PM) *

I want a Special T-Shirt next year saying "I Survived Tropical Ramble I" biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Here's the Video

http://youtu.be/lLtvghcbWi8
iamchappy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 11 2012, 09:26 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 11 2012, 07:59 PM) *

Click to view attachment

[attachmentid=34529

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Here's the Video

http://youtu.be/lLtvghcbWi8

That looked like FUN! Good Job TC.... first.gif
bcheney
A few more shots from all the fun at the Tropical Ramble...

Series9
What a fantastic time!

I'm so happy with our sponsors and restaurants for having everything set up perfectly.

I know there are many more 914 guys in Florida. Next year, I'm shooting for 30 cars.

If you were here, I want your feedback. I'm thinking about moving it back to September for next year so it will be warmer. Of course, then we run the risk of actual tropical weather.....

beerchug.gif
carr914
I think the weather this Time of Year is Great. Sept can still be hot as Hell & Hurricanes can definately come in.

The fact that we had it the same weekend as a HSR Vintage Race in Daytona was definately a good bonus. I just led the guys straight to the Track, but I'm sure that you could have made a good Road Trip on off-beat roads.

Click to view attachment
KENNY
The time was perfect . Thanks Joe I had a good time. Can't wait to next year the cooler the better.
FourBlades

Everything we did was great and I would keep it all for next year.

I liked the cooler weather as well.

If a lot of people come on Thursday next year that would be nice because it would
be longer. Time to just hang out and talk with no events on thursday would be nice.

The HSR tie in was a highlight for me. popcorn[1].gif

Seeing and hearing 120 skydivers link up into a giant formation right over Series 9
was awesome too. The sound of 120 people free falling was like a jet engine running
and then seeing them peel off in all directions to open their chutes was amazing.

John
carr914
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Nov 12 2012, 07:12 PM) *

Seeing and hearing 120 skydivers link up into a giant formation right over Series 9
was awesome too. The sound of 120 people free falling was like a jet engine running
and then seeing them peel off in all directions to open their chutes was amazing.

John

More amazing than me screaming like a little girl after being tossed out of the plane?

Click to view attachment

bcheney

Everything we did was great and I would keep it all for next year.

I liked the cooler weather as well.

If a lot of people come on Thursday next year that would be nice because it would
be longer. Time to just hang out and talk with no events on thursday would be nice.

The HSR tie in was a highlight for me. popcorn[1].gif

John

I agree that the cooler the weather and the HSR connection. I loved the Island trip...even though it wasn't warm enough for us Florida folks to want to get into the water! Ponce inlet is fantastic and a real site to see. The Saturday trip was fun...Flagler beach and the scenic drive was the bomb! We just need to keep thinking of ideas for the Saturday afternoon part. We did get back a bit early and there was quite a bit of downtime before we went to dinner. I'm sure we can think of something to fill the gap. The 1st annual was a blast and we can't thank Joe enough for putting this together...Well done!!
Bills914-4
My wife & I want to say thanks to every one , We both really enjoyed ourselves ,
I really enjoyed the drive on saturday to & from the beach (wish we had back roads down here in miami dry.gif ) , I also like the idea of the same time of year again , the weather was great for driving driving.gif , It was great watching TC jump ,
here's a few pic's ,
ThePaintedMan
Though I didn't make it till late Friday night and missed the HSR stuff and island, I have to say that the best part would still have been meeting all of you. I enjoyed hearing each of your stories of not only your cars, but your lives. Bill's engineering prowess and over ten years of tweaking was evident with his beautiful car along with his wife's patience and love, Brian's work to get his car running by Thursday and his wife's sense of humor, Joe and Megan's carefree attitude and willingness to go out of their way to accommodate us, Kenny's great smile and genuine interest in everyone else's cars, Bob and Greg for bringing a Georgia state of mind, James and his immaculate car and love for racing, Paul and T.C., my best buds from Tampa, John and Verena for their graciousness and fun-loving personalities, Jon and his wife and for camping alongside me in the garage and Sean and Nelson for the never-ending controlled chaos.

I wan't to extend a personal thanks to all of you for not only putting up with my work in progress being allowed to sit beside all of your cars, but also for welcoming me with open arms and giving me continued inspiration. I can't count how many times each of you told me "not to quit" and that I was going in the right direction. I can't imagine how someone would want to quit on these cars; with such a great group of people to hang out with, the blood sweat and tears are all worth it.

Can't wait for next year!

-George
2012 Tropical Ramble Winner - "Worst Car"
2013 Tropical Ramble Candidate - "Most Improved?"
ellisor3
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Nov 12 2012, 08:44 PM) *

Though I didn't make it till late Friday night and missed the HSR stuff and island, I have to say that the best part would still have been meeting all of you. I enjoyed hearing each of your stories of not only your cars, but your lives. Bill's engineering prowess and over ten years of tweaking was evident with his beautiful car along with his wife's patience and love, Brian's work to get his car running by Thursday and his wife's sense of humor, Joe and Megan's carefree attitude and willingness to go out of their way to accommodate us, Kenny's great smile and genuine interest in everyone else's cars, Bob and Greg for bringing a Georgia state of mind, James and his immaculate car and love for racing, Paul and T.C., my best buds from Tampa, John and Verena for their graciousness and fun-loving personalities, Jon and his wife and for camping alongside me in the garage and Sean and Nelson for the never-ending controlled chaos.

I wan't to extend a personal thanks to all of you for not only putting up with my work in progress being allowed to sit beside all of your cars, but also for welcoming me with open arms and giving me continued inspiration. I can't count how many times each of you told me "not to quit" and that I was going in the right direction. I can't imagine how someone would want to quit on these cars; with such a great group of people to hang out with, the blood sweat and tears are all worth it.

-George

Very well said George, these are just cars until you put some quirky bastards in them, then they are fun.
FourBlades
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 12 2012, 05:30 PM) *

John

More amazing than me screaming like a little girl after being tossed out of the plane?

Click to view attachment

I still can't believe you let them talk you into jumping like that right after breakfast.

I doubt you were even half way hammered any more from the night before. beerchug.gif

If you weren't there, he treated the whole thing like it was no big deal.

Dude has got some coconuts for sure. aktion035.gif

Bills914-4
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Nov 12 2012, 11:00 PM) *

QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Nov 12 2012, 08:44 PM) *

-George

Very well said George, these are just cars until you put some quirky bastards in them, then they are fun.

agree.gif

George , thank you very much smile.gif , I almost forgot a special Thanks goes out to Joe for hosting this Fantantic Event piratenanner.gif ,
ThePaintedMan
Hey, what was the story with Bob (BIGKAT) and Greg (d914)? I never got to say bye to you guys. Did you ever get the other CV fixed?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.