Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The First Annual Tropical Ramble, 8-11 Nov 2012.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Series9
Thursday November 8th-Sunday November 11th. These dates correspond with the HSR races at Daytona.

We'll be based at Series 9. 1403 Flightline Blvd #10, DeLand, FL 32724 (386)256-9146

So what's going on?

Here's the itinerary for the event:

Thursday evening: Parking lot drinking

Friday: 9:14am Depart for Daytona Speedway for a little HSR fun, 1:30pm Depart the speedway for the boat ramp and an afternoon at Ponce Inlet. (Beer and Dogs provided). Return to Series 9 for parking lot drinking.

Saturday: 9:14am Depart for the scenic drive out to Flagler Beach for Lunch. Return to Series 9 for clean-up, Show-n-Shine and voting for awards. 7:00pm Dinner in downtown DeLand (provided), followed by parking lot drinking.

Sunday: 9:14am Breakfast in DeLand. Noon Back out on the boat for anyone who can stick around.

Who's coming:

Me L
Megan
Nelson (paid)XL
Bobby (paid)L
TC (paid)XL
no1uno +1 (paid)M
George Neill (paid)M
URY (paid)XL
Fourblades +1(paid)XL
Bigkat (paid)XL
Bcheney +1(paid)L
WLD419 (paid)XL
Sean Betty (paid)L
billh1963 (paid)XL
Ellisor (paid)L
d914 (paid)L
no1uno
it's on my calendar. can't wait...
carr914
I'm In - maybe not for Thursday, Friday though
ThePaintedMan
Hope I've got a running 914 by then! But you can count me in as well. Unfortunately my Photoshop skills aren't great, or I'd offer to help.
Joe Owensby
Sounds like a good idea. JoeO
poorsche914
Hmm, same weekend as local PCA region's Fall Fest but Daytona with other teeners might trump that idea.gif

Contact me about graphics work.

driving.gif
euro911
Damn, that's a long round trip in a 914 unsure.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 9 2012, 08:16 PM) *

Caravan from California!! ROAD TRIP.
AZ914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 9 2012, 09:22 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 9 2012, 08:16 PM) *

Caravan from California!! ROAD TRIP.

Pick me up on I10 on the way!
falconfp2001
It's a long way off but if I complete some work then I'm in. Camping? You have that much room in your back yard? If my tents a shakin then don't come a knockin.

Rates?

Who's cooking?

As long as there's a place to

sheeplove.gif

then I'm good
rick 918-S
Sounds like this is coming together nicely! thumb3d.gif Hey Joe, Any change we could take a parade lap around the Speedway? boldblue.gif
Series9
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 10 2012, 05:17 AM) *

Sounds like this is coming together nicely! thumb3d.gif Hey Joe, Any change we could take a parade lap around the Speedway? boldblue.gif

Let me work on that. Daytona can be a tough nut to crack.
Series9
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Feb 9 2012, 11:57 PM) *

It's a long way off but if I complete some work then I'm in. Camping? You have that much room in your back yard? If my tents a shakin then don't come a knockin.

Rates?

Who's cooking?

sheeplove.gif

then I'm good

Series 9 has that much room in the back yard, and it's stumbling distance from the DZ bar. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 10 2012, 06:04 AM) *

Maybe one of those race drivers that fly out of your plane over the drop zone could steer you to the right person to ask... idea.gif
Al Meredith
I'm in from Atlanta, I'm sure we can get 4 or 5 to come down from our area. Al
Ferg
Sounds like a plan!

In piratenanner.gif
Bullethead
Looking forward to Daytona, and since it coincides with the HSR weekend maybe you could stage a 914 show infield?
Last year it was the Ford Mustang club... it would be great to see a bunch of Porsches.

Good luck getting permission for a track lap. Best bet: work something out with HSR.
Series9
QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 10 2012, 01:15 PM) *

Sounds like a plan!

In piratenanner.gif

Nice! beerchug.gif
falconfp2001
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 10 2012, 04:05 AM) *

QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Feb 9 2012, 11:57 PM) *

Rates?

Who's cooking?

sheeplove.gif

then I'm good

Series 9 has that much room in the back yard, and it's stumbling distance from the DZ bar. beerchug.gif

I think you mean crawling distance.
FourBlades

I can't wait!

Let me know if I can help with anything.

John
URY914
I'm in!

The World's Lightest 914 will be there. beerchug.gif
JRust
Let's see 3033 miles & 51 hours of driving one way idea.gif . I guess I have 6 months to think about it blink.gif

Might be a good time to fly out though. I'll see when things are closer
VRROOMM1
im up for it!!
BIGKAT_83
I'm ready.. Got it on the calendar. Will have 2 or 3 others with me.
beerchug.gif driving.gif
Bob
bcheney
I'm in...Can't wait to be driving my six conversion!
Series9
If you're planning on attending, please chime in. beerchug.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 10 2012, 07:04 AM) *

I'll call Mark Rauffouf, Competition for Grand-Am ( Owned by the France's)
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 11 2012, 10:16 AM) *

I'm thinking I may have to rent an enclosed trailer to get my car out of the snow belt but ya, No, Hell ya! I'm planning on it.

Click to view attachment
ejm
Marking the calender beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ejm @ Feb 14 2012, 11:38 AM) *

Marking the calender beerchug.gif

Hey Ed you bring a car down the coast this time or flying in?
DRPHIL914
Pencil me in! kind of far away to know for sure, but i'm only 5-6 hours out from here is South carolina. - maybe we can get Bill H. and a couple others from here to go. and for those north of us, we can catch you on the way down I95!
Series9
Just so no one is surprised, I'm going to tentatively peg this at $100 entry fee.

That will get you a bunch of stuff:

Embroidered work shirt
T-shirt
Food
Beer
TRACK FEES
My delightful company..... laugh.gif
biker bob
Sounds like a great event. We will be there.
carr914
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 14 2012, 01:11 PM) *

You should be paying Us poke.gif
Series9
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 14 2012, 03:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 14 2012, 01:11 PM) *

You should be paying Us poke.gif

I can assure you, I will. There always ends up being stuff the entry fees don't manage to cover. bootyshake.gif
AZ914
I'd like to try to make it but might be tight on time off this year.. will have to see.
dlee6204
I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully I'll be able to make it. smile.gif
Madswede
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 11 2012, 09:16 AM) *

I'm tentatively planning on it. Well, I'll be there one way or another, but I'm not sure if I'll drive down there since that will add six days' driving minimum. blink.gif I'll be saving up vacation as much as I can. aktion035.gif
blitZ
I might be up for the trip.
Haudiosolutions
My wife and I are planning to attend. is that $100 each? we'll prob get a hotel as she isn't really the camping type. She also think s that if she camps, she'll also have to eat granola and grow out her leg and arm pit hair soooo... yeah we'll be in a hotel. screwy.gif
ThePaintedMan
I'm in! Hoping to be able to drive the bust rucket there by then. Looking good so far. Thanks for putting this together. Looking forward to meeting those who I haven't yet.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Haudiosolutions @ Feb 15 2012, 08:59 PM) *

My wife and I are planning to attend. is that $100 each? we'll prob get a hotel as she isn't really the camping type. She also think s that if she camps, she'll also have to eat granola and grow out her leg and arm pit hair soooo... yeah we'll be in a hotel. screwy.gif

Ya, dude I'm really not liken that mental image... icon8.gif My wife is the same. Her idea of camping is staying at a motel 6 instead of the Monte Carlo. That's as close to camping as were getting. the down side is we need to get back to the hotel without driving-girl.gif after beer3.gif beerchug.gif We may end up camping anyway... idea.gif
hot_shoe914
I'm thinking I may have to rent an enclosed trailer to get my car out of the snow belt but ya, No, Hell ya! I'm planning on it.

You better be at MUSR 13 too!
Series9
The hotels are about a mile away.

We'll have Vanagon shuttle service.

Let's see.....+1s will not be $100. How about.....$40?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 16 2012, 06:28 AM) *

Check yer cost on give aways and ccover them. If $ 40.00 bucks does it sounds good to me.
Haudiosolutions
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 16 2012, 07:28 AM) *

40 Sounds fine. Is there an address I can refrence for lodging? I wanna be very close and I'm gonna need choose wife approved lodging lol I'm a sad sad man but if that's all it takes to keep her involved and accepting of my hobby then so be it.
Series9
QUOTE(Haudiosolutions @ Feb 16 2012, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 16 2012, 07:28 AM) *

40 Sounds fine. Is there an address I can refrence for lodging? I wanna be very close and I'm gonna need choose wife approved lodging lol I'm a sad sad man but if that's all it takes to keep her involved and accepting of my hobby then so be it.

1405 Flightline Blvd
DeLand, FL 32724
rick 918-S
There is a Holiday Inn and a Comfort Inn 2 miles away. Both list rooms at under $ 90.00 a night. Joe do you have a suggestion for a host hotel for the non camping kids?
Ferg
Can I rent the RS shades.gif ??
racerbvd
Need to check my calendar & do I have to run a 914 at the Auto-X, only the "Six" will be ready and that one won't be used for fun stuff..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.