Greg Biffle Roush Fenway Ford 141 laps*
Kyle Busch Joe Gibbs Toyota 138 laps*
Travis Kvapil BK Toyota 128 laps*
Joe Nemechek NEMCO Toyota 53 laps
Kevin Harvick Childress Chevrolet 47 laps
David Reutimann BK Toyota 43 laps
Kasey Kahne Hendrick Chevrolet 42 laps
Trevor Bayne Wood Brothers Ford 22 laps

James Hinchcliffe won an extraordinary IndyCar race in Sao Paulo by taking the lead from Takuma Sato on the final corner of the last lap.

Hinchcliffe took DP's seat at Andretti Racing. w00t.gif
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 5 2013, 10:44 PM) *

James Hinchcliffe won an extraordinary IndyCar race in Sao Paulo by taking the lead from Takuma Sato on the final corner of the last lap.

Hinchcliffe took DP's seat at Andretti Racing. w00t.gif

The Mayor of Hinchtown now has 2 Wins in the GoDaddy IndyCar in 4 Races this year. GoDaddy gets to Victory Lane! (it's the only way they are going to get there)
rhodyguy
maybe rs jr just has a bigger package. i'm not talking sponsorship or endorsements. danica's husband is going to walk away from the marriage with a boat load of cash that should last a long time and she's the one that puts her life on the line. relationships go south. that's why god made divorce attnys. you think the male drivers don't lay major pipe when the pit poopsies start lining up?

k
ThePaintedMan
I have to admit, I kick out of this thread... but you guys do sound a lot like the "Real Housewives of 914World." poke.gif av-943.gif

gothspeed
... and at the beginning of the race, she will be 'sitting' on the pole ... laugh.gif

.... sorry couldn't resist .... popcorn[1].gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 4 2013, 08:02 PM) *
QUOTE(bcheney @ May 4 2013, 10:04 AM) *
One thing is for sure...she is working her ass off...is committed to her career, shows up for work, puts in her time and tries to improve under harsh circumstances and conditions...which is completely "admirable" in my book.
I guess Cheating on her Husband is Admirable Too? confused24.gif

What does that have to do with anything? Are you trying to tell me there are *NO* male drivers that have ever cheated on their wife's?

WTF.gif
URY914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 6 2013, 03:27 PM) *

One thing is for sure...she is working her ass off...is committed to her career, shows up for work, puts in her time and tries to improve under harsh circumstances and conditions...which is completely "admirable" in my book.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you trying to tell me there are *NO* male drivers that have ever cheated on their wife's?

WTF.gif

And those male drivers shouldn't be called admirable either. I don't think anyone should be called "admirable" if they cheat. Being a man or women doesn't have much to do with it.
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 6 2013, 08:44 PM) *

WTF.gif

And those male drivers shouldn't be called admirable either. I don't think anyone should be called "admirable" if they cheat. Being a man or women doesn't have much to do with it.

agree.gif
naro914
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 6 2013, 09:15 PM) *

WTF.gif

agree.gif

Says he with "Bada Bing" in his avatar smile.gif
naro914
again...see post #99
carr914
QUOTE(naro914 @ May 6 2013, 09:25 PM) *

WTF.gif

agree.gif

I'm Single - therefore I Cheat on No One! biggrin.gif
naro914
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 6 2013, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ May 6 2013, 09:25 PM) *

WTF.gif

agree.gif

I'm Single - therefore I Cheat on No One! biggrin.gif

ha! beerchug.gif
URY914
This week the circus rolls into Darlington. DP will have her hands full. driving-girl.gif
carr914
The Darlington Stripe will be in the Seat of her Pants!
get off my lawn
DP is where she is, making millions and getting all this publicity. because of that thing twixt her legs.

If she was a male with hte same driving skills, recirds, etc she'd be out of work.

But because of her puss she gets mentioned in the news for finishing 12th.
She gets endorsements for being built like a 12 year old boy.

Sjhe gets a great ride with a great team knowing she'll only finish mid-pack at best, because of that publicity.
I don't dislike her except that she takes advantage of that reverse discrimiation to profit from it and that is immoral IMO.

But what really pissed me off is the poser journalists who play along and say "bubba finished first at dover, billy bob finished 2nd, and danica finished 35th.
Same with the force girls. NHRA totally promotes women and minorities, it's so obvious its sickening. But don't mention that at the awards banquet, noooooooo!

If you're a white male you have to make it to the semi-finals just to get your name or sponsor mentioned, but they have no problem doing a 10 minute expose on a female driver (like horse face longoria) who coincidentally, failed to qualify that weekend.

It isn't fair, it isn't right, it's bullshit and it's time people started speaknig the truth instead of only saying whats PC and popular at parties.

URY914
^^^Pretty much sums it up. shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(get off my lawn @ May 7 2013, 01:00 PM) *

... because of that thing twixt her legs ... If she was a male ... because of her puss ... for being built like a 12 year old boy ... reverse discrimiation ... Same with the force girls ... NHRA totally promotes women and minorities ... If you're a white male ... they have no problem doing a 10 minute expose on a female driver ... horse face longoria

You don't like wimmen much, do you? confused24.gif
Free Bump for what seems a never ending post piratenanner.gif
naro914
QUOTE(get off my lawn @ May 7 2013, 04:00 PM) *

DP is where she is, making millions and getting all this publicity. because of that thing twixt her legs.

If she was a male with hte same driving skills, recirds, etc she'd be out of work.

But because of her puss she gets mentioned in the news for finishing 12th.
She gets endorsements for being built like a 12 year old boy.

Sjhe gets a great ride with a great team knowing she'll only finish mid-pack at best, because of that publicity.
I don't dislike her except that she takes advantage of that reverse discrimiation to profit from it and that is immoral IMO.

But what really pissed me off is the poser journalists who play along and say "bubba finished first at dover, billy bob finished 2nd, and danica finished 35th.
Same with the force girls. NHRA totally promotes women and minorities, it's so obvious its sickening. But don't mention that at the awards banquet, noooooooo!

If you're a white male you have to make it to the semi-finals just to get your name or sponsor mentioned, but they have no problem doing a 10 minute expose on a female driver (like horse face longoria) who coincidentally, failed to qualify that weekend.

It isn't fair, it isn't right, it's bullshit and it's time people started speaknig the truth instead of only saying whats PC and popular at parties.

^^^ from you avatar, your screen name and your rant....you sir have some anger management issues hissyfit.gif
ThePaintedMan
W(hy)TF are we talking about drivers in NASCrap and drag racing anyways? Male, female, other, doesn't really make much difference. Everyone knows that sportscar racing is really the only thing relevant to the real world (always has been) and where most of the really talented drivers are anyway. stirthepot.gif

GeorgeRud
I'd beg to differ a bit. Professional racing is a business, and whatever brings in money (sponsorship, prize money, appearance money, family money, drug money) has always fed the beast. There are many talented drivers in all the series, and I think you'd find that the Tony Stewarts, AJ Foyts, Mario Andrettis, and others are good at whatever they drive. I still remember when AJ jumped into one of Preston Henn's Swap Shop 935s at the 24 hrs. of Daytona, having never driven one before,,and proceeded to best the other driver's times in the car. Talent is talent, and if a driver chooses to go where he can make the most money, it's fine.

Just like many movie and TV stars can be considered as nothing but very lucky waiters and waitresses, we shouldn't blame any driver that takes advantage of the opportunities afforded them. I don't think Danica is a great driver, but she helps them with their marketing efforts, so she helps run the business.

Maybe not fair, but that's life!
naro914
If 'being a woman' is the only reason Danica gets pub, why do then not now follow every move of Simona de Silvestro in Indy Car?

Or how come they didn't follow Sarah Fisher's every move? Heck, she even OWNED a team?

Why? Because Danica is more talented than both of them. I like Simona and Sarah...great girls, talented drivers. But, Danica was better. More marketable? Probably, but so what?

She's a good driver, has earned her seat, and that's that. I talked to a guy that works at Stewart Haas racing this past weekend. He said she is really working hard to be a better driver. Spending lots of time watching tape, testing, time with the crew, etc...something many drivers don't do...
bcheney
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 7 2013, 09:49 PM) *

I'd beg to differ a bit. Professional racing is a business, and whatever brings in money (sponsorship, prize money, appearance money, family money, drug money) has always fed the beast. There are many talented drivers in all the series, and I think you'd find that the Tony Stewarts, AJ Foyts, Mario Andrettis, and others are good at whatever they drive. I still remember when AJ jumped into one of Preston Henn's Swap Shop 935s at the 24 hrs. of Daytona, having never driven one before,,and proceeded to best the other driver's times in the car. Talent is talent, and if a driver chooses to go where he can make the most money, it's fine.

Just like many movie and TV stars can be considered as nothing but very lucky waiters and waitresses, we shouldn't blame any driver that takes advantage of the opportunities afforded them. I don't think Danica is a great driver, but she helps them with their marketing efforts, so she helps run the business.

Maybe not fair, but that's life!

Well said...
carr914
QUOTE(naro914 @ May 7 2013, 10:03 PM) *

Or how come they didn't follow Sarah Fisher's every move? Heck, she even OWNED a team? She Still Owns a Team!

Why? Because Danica is more talented than both of them. I like Simona and Sarah...great girls, talented drivers. But, Danica was better. No Way - Simona can run laps around Danica but is Ugly as Sin, as is Sarah, who was a Hell of a Driver, especially in Midgets

She's a good driver, has earned her seat, and that's that. Again BS - She, GoDaddy& NasCrap bought her Seat!

Now back to the Only Thing she is Good at - Posing for the Cameras!

Click to view attachment
URY914
She has a good agent.
andys
For the results side, she ran with the big boys all race long at this past weekends Talledega race. Got caught up in a near the end of race pile up while running tenth. A better than "no talent" showing I'd say.

Watch Danica's speech at the National Press Club from last year. Well poised, confident, no lack of continuity, good eye contact with the audience, and articulated well. Her stage presence is a component of what makes her a sponsors dream. In the speech, she talks of her history and how the media attention developed, recognizes that not everyone is a fan, and that she's trying to be the best driver; not the best "girl" driver. In 2000, she finished 2nd at the Formula Ford Festival in England; the highest finish for an American in the history of the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkbB01FIJj4

Andys
carr914
QUOTE(andys @ May 8 2013, 11:51 AM) *

In 2000, she finished 2nd at the Formula Ford Festival in England; the highest finish for an American in the history of the event.

That would be Incorrect - Josef Newgarden (Sarah Fisher's Driver) Won the FF Festival in the Kent Division in 2008
andys
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 8 2013, 09:13 AM) *

QUOTE(andys @ May 8 2013, 11:51 AM) *

In 2000, she finished 2nd at the Formula Ford Festival in England; the highest finish for an American in the history of the event.

That would be Incorrect - Josef Newgarden (Sarah Fisher's Driver) Won the FF Festival in the Kent Division in 2008

I looked it up: 2008 overall festival winner was a Brit, Wayne Boyd; Kent Division was scored separately. Either way, a great accomplishment for both Patrick and Newgarden.

Andys
URY914
Darlington NASCAR:

28. Danica Patrick Stewart-Haas Chevrolet + 5 laps

carr914
I never saw a TV Crew give more attention to someone that Qualified 40th and never ran higher than 26th
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 12 2013, 07:14 PM) *

I never saw a TV Crew give more attention to someone that Qualified 40th and never ran higher than 26th

They give her attention to her for the same reason some resent her.
URY914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 13 2013, 08:32 AM) *

So they see she lacks talent too?
Bullethead
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 13 2013, 11:32 AM) *

The main reasons she has big sponsors, and why the big sponsors make sure she has plenty of attention: Media is easily manipulated because they want story conflict, tragedy, or public acrimony for ratings, which the unwashed provides by being even more easily manipulated. Whether entertainment or news, the end game is the same.

NASCAR loves that buzz, so is party to the charade. She gets paid for the constant exposure... certainly not because she's a gifted driver.

Hobbs, Diffey and Matchett were talking about how she'd be good for F1 while discussing Red Bull this past weekend. That she's the perfect size for F1, brings big money with her, attracts plenty of media attention... which is all true. But none of them made any comment regarding driving talent.
URY914
QUOTE(Bullethead @ May 13 2013, 09:25 AM) *

But none of them made any comment regarding driving talent.

Because there isn't any to talk about.
URY914
Here is an example of NASCRAP bending the rules for her.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/danica-patric...-050600209.html

COMMENTARY | Heading into this Saturday's All-Star Race at Charlotte, it's pretty clear that one person is the overwhelming favorite to receive the fan vote that puts the final driver into the big show from the Sprint Showdown. Her name is Danica Patrick, if you haven't guessed yet.

But there was one caveat that I had not thought of: Last year, only drivers on the lead lap at the end of the Showdown could be voted on to the big race.

Not so fast, NASCAR now says.

Despite having said earlier in the year that only a lead-lap car could be voted in, there's now a little flip-flopping going on. On Wednesday, the rules were clarified by NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp, who said a car only has to be in raceable condition to be voted on to the All-Star Race by fans.

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you like, but there is no way that this decision was made without Danica on the minds of NASCAR officials.

URY914
"Losers:

Danica Patrick — Patrick was supposed to have a bit of an edge with all her Indy 500 experience. Obviously, it didn’t translate to stock cars. She got lapped 36 laps into the race, and it was all downhill from there. A 30th-place finish at her favorite track has to be the low point of her tough rookie season. "

She moved up 3 positions from he 33rd starting position. Of course no one really watched the race in person as this picture shows. Attendance was reported to be somewhere around 80k.

Click to view attachment
sean_v8_914
does she drive a 914?
did she touch a 914?
naro914
URY, you seem to have this obsession with Danica.

First, I don't begrudge her for all the attention - that's the media. they are obsessed with her, no her fault. Heck, there are A LOT of people in this world with WAY less talent at what they do than Danica that get WAY more media attention for whatever reason (think Kardasians, Paris Hilton, JLo, etc).

Is she a top notch driver? Certainly not in Nascar - I honestly wish she stayed in IRL. Not a lot of drivers seem to be able to make the transition into Nascar. Other than a road coarse win, what has the heralded JPM done? Or multi time V8 Supercar Champion Marcus Ambrose?

Heck, even Dale Jr. - who obviously is on a team with the BEST equipment - can't win much.

OK, I'm just feeding the thread here. Some of you seem so obsessed with her. Honestly ...WHO CARES????
As Sean implied, this is a 914 forum. When she does something in a 914, then get back to us...
URY914
I'm not obsessed with her. I'm obsessed with how the media is obsessed with her and how they think the general public should be obsessed with her. Hey, I give her credit for make a hell of a lot of money and being a media whore. It pays very well. Good for her. I hope she don't get hurt.

So move this to the Sandbox if you wankers don't like it here or better yet don't open the thread. confused24.gif
rhodyguy
paul, i'm obsessed with your obsession over the media (who turned her into the whore) obsession that the general public should be obsessed with her. she's a good sport. i think she'd rather just go to the transporter and not discuss the poor finishes week after week. this thread usually makes for good reading on mon or tues.

k
zymurgist
IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 29 2013, 12:16 PM) *

IPB Image

It stinks too! av-943.gif
URY914
Here is a guy that understands it.........

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brickyard-400...-153000839.html

"Money, Not Talent or On-track Success, Has Become the Measuring Stick by Which Teams Choose Which Drivers to Keep"

"....Call me old-fashioned, but I want to have the best and most competitive 43 drivers on the track each week -- not just the drivers who have the most companies funding them."
URY914
35th today

happy11.gif
This tread is still going -smile.gif
GeorgeRud
That article is absolutely right on target. I feel sorry for Tony Stewart as he does have to make decisions as a team owner, and he realizes who is the more talented driver ( as well as a friend), but the bills have to be paid.

The paid rides are nothing new (remember Pablo Escobar in IMSA 935 turbos years ago as well as many others?), and will continue as long as racing is so expensive.
andys
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 5 2013, 07:07 AM) *

That article is absolutely right on target. I feel sorry for Tony Stewart as he does have to make decisions as a team owner, and he realizes who is the more talented driver ( as well as a friend), but the bills have to be paid.

The paid rides are nothing new (remember Pablo Escobar in IMSA 935 turbos years ago as well as many others?), and will continue as long as racing is so expensive.

Yup, that's the reality....always was, always will be.

"Money, Not Talent or On-track Success, Has Become the Measuring Stick by Which Teams Choose Which Drivers to Keep"

"....Call me old-fashioned, but I want to have the best and most competitive 43 drivers on the track each week -- not just the drivers who have the most companies funding them."

See my above comment. Been that way ever since I can remember (There's no "has become"). People that bring money/sponsorship always find their way on the track, like it or not.

Andys
URY914
QUOTE(396 @ Aug 5 2013, 06:19 AM) *

This tread is still going -smile.gif

It'll probably run until the end of the season.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(andys @ Aug 5 2013, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 5 2013, 07:07 AM) *

Yup, that's the reality....always was, always will be.

See my above comment. Been that way ever since I can remember (There's no "has become"). People that bring money/sponsorship always find their way on the track, like it or not.

Andys

Yep... you can bitch all you like, but except for the top teer of drivers the rest of the field is there because they can afford it. Many of swinging dick can't drive worth shit, they basicly bought their ticket...don't hear ya bitching about them. DP is no different she can pay so she can play.
URY914
NASCAR Watkins Glen 2013 qualifying results: Ambrose smashes track-record, secures pole

35) Danica Patrick

confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.