Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Danica Patrick!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
rfuerst911sc
35th......hahahahahahahahahaha biggrin.gif I wonder what the excuse is this week ? dry.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(andys @ Aug 5 2013, 11:32 AM) *

"Money, Not Talent or On-track Success, Has Become the Measuring Stick by Which Teams Choose Which Drivers to Keep"

One name: Hiro

Hiroyuki "Hiro" Matsushita, born March 14, 1961, Kobe, Japan), is a former driver in the Champ Car series. He is the grandson of Konosuke Matsushita, founder of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co.. The family relationship has allowed him to receive financial backing from Panasonic throughout his racing career.

Matsushita earned the nickname "King Hiro" from Emerson Fittipaldi, who was complaining about Hiro's reluctance to cede track position when getting lapped by the leaders. The nickname came about as a result of the voice-activated microphone ("vox") Roger Penske's team was using. Emerson's epithet was said so quickly that the circuit cut off the first syllable of the first word he used. Fittipaldi, allegedly, had intended to say "Fucking Hiro!"
URY914
DP finished 20th at the Glen today. Steering that big ass car around a track like that must have been a job for the little Lady today. I'll give her credit for that. driving.gif
rhodyguy
credit? dry.gif CREDIT!!!? driving-girl.gif it was a tough day for a number of top tier drivers.
URY914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 12 2013, 06:25 AM) *

credit? dry.gif CREDIT!!!? driving-girl.gif it was a tough day for a number of top tier drivers.

Her finishing position was helped by the high drop out rate.
URY914
Michigan, 23rd after starting 28th.
bcheney
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 19 2013, 06:51 AM) *

26th at Bristol. What happened this week?
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(bcheney @ Aug 25 2013, 07:22 AM) *

Got her period confused24.gif
URY914
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Aug 25 2013, 03:27 PM) *

That's not very nice.
bcheney
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 25 2013, 07:37 PM) *

That's not very nice.

Ya Rick that was low...and down the middle. Why don't you just say what's on your mind!
billh1963
QUOTE(bcheney @ Aug 26 2013, 07:21 AM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 25 2013, 07:37 PM) *

That's not very nice.

Ya Rick that was low...and down the middle. Why don't you just say what's on your mind!

At least that would be a possible excuse instead of the reality...no talent
carr914
Click to view attachment
URY914
When the doc says, "lay flat on your stomach" she has no problem.
URY914
Click to view attachment
jgara962
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 26 2013, 07:04 PM) *

When the doc says, "lay flat on your stomach" she has no problem.

Unless she has a boner.
URY914
So back to the OP....after her other qualifing positions this year, do you really think the Daytona pole was all her driving or did NASCAR help her "earn" it?
6freak
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 27 2013, 03:44 AM) *

So back to the OP....after her other qualifing positions this year, do you really think the Daytona pole was all her driving or did NASCAR help her "earn" it?

we`ll see at the next Daytona event! if she`s not the top 3 then idea.gif ..im sure that horse is in the stable waiting to run or it should be it was bad fast and when they find a car that kicks ass on a track most time thats a dedicated car ..i dont think it got wrecked ,but then again she does go through them quite fast lol-2.gif some times two a week laugh.gif

smile.gif GO KASEY GO
worn
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 27 2013, 06:03 AM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 27 2013, 03:44 AM) *

we`ll see at the next Daytona event! if she`s not the top 3 then idea.gif ..im sure that horse is in the stable waiting to run or it should be it was bad fast and when they find a car that kicks ass on a track most time thats a dedicated car ..i dont think it got wrecked ,but then again she does go through them quite fast lol-2.gif some times two a week laugh.gif

smile.gif GO KASEY GO

Not to pick on this particular post, but I don't think most of on the board have any idea about what it is like to be a good looking woman - and we are fuching jealous! And then add the idea that inside suppose a good looking woman is like us and wants to drive in the big leagues and they have a chip to play that will help get there. What would most people do? Would you rerally say:" oh I am above that sort of thing?" Well, I don't know personally, cause I haven't ever felt like I was a magnet for women's eyes, more's the pity. Still you would probably want to turn it off sometimes. Or if you couldn't you would probably find a use for it.
carr914
Happy Hour started Early Today drunk.gif
6freak
but I don't think most of on the board have any idea about what it is like to be a good looking woman -

lol-2.gif i sure dont! Are you a good look n women? laugh.gif or just a real pretty boy lol-2.gif

smile.gif
carr914
transgenderedracers.com

confused24.gif
6freak
Hell i dont even make a good ugly one ! lol-2.gif
smile.gif
URY914
Atlanta 500.........she started 21st and she finished 21st.
worn
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 27 2013, 01:27 PM) *

but I don't think most of on the board have any idea about what it is like to be a good looking woman -

lol-2.gif i sure dont! Are you a good look n women? laugh.gif or just a real pretty boy lol-2.gif

smile.gif

As I said, we don't know what it is like but we are jealous of the ability to reel in the OPPOSITE sex. bootyshake.gif

Apparently this crowd is more jealous than I thought...
r_towle
Put her alone on the track she does fine.
Put her in traffic.....

Forget it.
Steve
She is pretty!! Kind of looks like Sandra Bullock.
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 5 2013, 04:06 PM) *

Talk about a fluff piece...... rolleyes.gif screwy.gif
URY914
Last night she startd 35th and fininshed in 30th.

She didn't make The Chase.
rhodyguy
not many did.
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 8 2013, 10:00 AM) *

She didn't make The Chase.

Dang - she's been chasing the rest of the Field all year!
bulitt
Jeez Ury we get it, lighten up, its a have fun car forum confused24.gif
URY914
QUOTE(bulitt @ Sep 9 2013, 04:45 AM) *

Jeez Ury we get it, lighten up, its a have fun car forum confused24.gif

Hey this is fun! biggrin.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 5 2013, 10:08 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 5 2013, 04:06 PM) *

Talk about a fluff piece...... rolleyes.gif screwy.gif

Haters aside, by some measures, Patrick has raced very well. Her average start position this season has been 31; her average finish 26–that 5-position gain is the best in the sport. She won in 2008 at the Indy Japan 300, and she is only one of 13 drivers, male or female, to lead both the Indy 500 and Daytona 500. “I feel like I need to win to be a success in Nascar, and I do believe eventually that will happen,” says Patrick. “The biggest pressures are my own expectation levels and wanting to do well for my team.”

If she is such a success why will she be known as one of the most overpaid/underperforming drivers in history...... confused24.gif

They don't give the details of how those lead laps were obtained.... rolleyes.gif
andys
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 9 2013, 12:23 PM) *

If she is such a success why will she be known as one of the most overpaid/underperforming drivers in history...... confused24.gif

They don't give the details of how those lead laps were obtained.... rolleyes.gif

The facts are available, but to summerize, half of her $12.9M earnings are from endorsements ($6.4M) according to Forbes. She earns about half the winnings/salary of what he boss (Tony Stewart $12.7M) earns (Forbes). Dale jr. makes $13M in endorsements alone. Her "under achievements" are on par with the majority of rookies entering their first year in cup, which include some big names. Let's see how she does in her sophmore year.

I watched both the 2005 Indy 500, and the 2013 Daytona 500. Her laps lead at the Indy race were legit, late in the race laps and was in the hunt for a win. She lead one lap at Daytona; she was running up front the entire race.

Andys

carr914
QUOTE(andys @ Sep 9 2013, 05:38 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 9 2013, 12:23 PM) *

The facts are available, but to summerize, half of her $12.9M earnings are from endorsements ($6.4M) according to Forbes. She earns about half the winnings/salary of what he boss (Tony Stewart $12.7M) earns (Forbes).

She may be earning $12.9 Mil, but you should also include the amount of $Mil that GoDaddy has to pay Tony Stewart to put her in a car. Gotta be $20Mil Plus!
PRS914-6
I don't keep up with this thread (or car racing) but couldn't help to notice she was on Chopped the other night. It's a tough competition cooking show that requires imagination and skill and it's fun to watch. She was on a celebrity version and she won $10k for her charity. Her food looked delicious. Even if she can't drive, the girl can cook!....more important to us older guys. chowtime.gif
URY914
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Sep 9 2013, 04:18 PM) *

I don't keep up with this thread (or car racing) but couldn't help to notice she was on Chopped the other night. It's a tough competition cooking show that requires imagination and skill and it's fun to watch. She was on a celebrity version and she won $10k for her charity. Her food looked delicious. Even if she can't drive, the girl can cook!....more important to us older guys. chowtime.gif

All the more reason for her to get out of the racecar and back in the kitchen!!! lol-2.gif
carr914
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Sep 9 2013, 07:18 PM) *

But her Food was probably Last arriving to the Judge's Table! Is that Cooking Contest rigged too?
URY914
Chicago, finished 20th after starting 23rd.
carr914
See, Paul is just doing us a favor with his Public Announcement with Danica's Awesome Performance in case the Danica Fox Network didn't already inform you.

Thanks Paul!
URY914
You're welcome T.C.
Just trying to help out those that truly care about her.

I'm surprised NASCRAP didn't allow her in the chase too. I mean if they're giving out free passes you would think they would give one to the person that the entire series revolves around.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Sep 9 2013, 06:18 PM) *

... she was on Chopped the other night.

I enjoyed watching that show.
Danica did very well.
Winning on Chopped isn't easy, and the show isn't rigged.
She concentrated on the basics.
Her dishes were successful because she finished them on time, applied good cooking/seasoning principles and her plating was attractive.
I'd eat her (food) anytime.
chowtime.gif
URY914
I just looked this up;

2013 Season:
27 races run
0 wins
1 pole
0 top 5 finishes
1 top 10 finish
25.6 average finish position
30.2 average qualifing position
8th best finish
496 race points
1 bonus point (for the pole I guess)
0 penalty points
497 total

$2,799,135 total winnings

$2.8 million for finishing in 25th place.
billh1963
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 16 2013, 04:25 PM) *

I just looked this up;

2013 Season:
27 races run
0 wins
1 pole
0 top 5 finishes
1 top 10 finish
25.6 average finish position
30.2 average qualifing position
8th best finish
496 race points
1 bonus point (for the pole I guess)
0 penalty points
497 total

$2,799,135 total winnings

$2.8 million for finishing in 25th place.

Sounds like HANS collar welfare! biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
how much did 26th place make? or 24th for that matter. ever notice how derrick cope only runs in races on a limited basis? if he starts the race and finishes as a back marker it's still a payday.

k
ThePaintedMan
NASCAR is a victim of their own stupid mistakes. They turned it into an over-commercialized debacle over the last decade, and now they act surprised when a bunch of guys want to "start and park" but still collect a hefty paycheck.

What's even more ludicrous is "The Chase." It was only a matter of time before team orders came into play like at Richmond where one teammate spins or causes some kind of interruption so that the other teammate can benefit. When you structure your rules the way they do, why wouldn't someone take advantage of it? It's just like F1, which I find equally as obnoxious and unimaginative, but I at least understand the logic behind team orders.

As far as Danica is concerned, if her average finish is 25th, that's still better than 40% of the rest of the field, and in her first season. So I really don't understand what those statistics are supposed to suggest. Is she overhyped? Yes (isn't everyone in NASCAR to some extent). Does she have talent though? Yes. Does she whine too much? Yes - then again, we are all a bunch of grown men who are spending entirely too much time participating in a thread which is basically whining about the fact that Danica whines too much or makes too much money. biggrin.gif
DBCooper
Wow, what a thread. I keep expecting it to slowly fade away, but it keeps coming back to the top. Lovers or haters, there's a whole lot of general Danica fixation around here. You might want to get that looked at.

FourBlades
I nominate this for classic thread status!

Lots of entertainment value here. piratenanner.gif

John
URY914
2013 Sylvania 300

Sunday, September 22, 2013 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon, NH

She started 21st and finished 27th.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.