Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Effutuo build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif
effutuo101
wife veto'd the blue...so, now the intakes are black. time for some touch up.
InkyP
Looking Great! Now I want to fix up my teener!
effutuo101
Dash is going together. Slow but sure..
Mr.242
Glad to see the build going together. I think it was the funnest part on mine...cleaning up pieces and installing gave me great satisfaction. But when you get to the point of pouring in fluids, especially gasoline, I could barely contain myself!

Go get 'em! Nice build beerchug.gif
jcambo7
Looking great Chris! piratenanner.gif
effutuo101
ok, after some fast work by Jeff, my 914 has hit the ground. Still pending my wheels, but rolling around the parking lot.
Keep in mind that the engine is installed, but at this point is lighter than stock...uh oh.
effutuo101
next
steering is hooked up and good. I actually think it is a lighter pull than stock with this size tire.
effutuo101
and now this goes over to Rich for a few items, then on a truck to our new home...
effutuo101
Front window is in! Thank you Rich!
arkitect
Chris,
I like how clean your fiberglass projects have turned out. What is the process you are using?

Dave
effutuo101
Thank you. For the most part I have been building shells with heavy construction paper and wax paper. Then hand laying glass and doing the fitting and sanding to get it perfect. Then one more layer of glad to get the form rigid.
arkitect
So for example your glove box you made. Correct me if i am wrong...construction paper for the box, then place the wax paper on the outside, then resin and fiberglass.

Then you can peel off the form from the inside?

Dave

effutuo101
correct. the fiberglass resin doesn't stick to the wax paper. The only complex part is the scotch tape to have it all stick together. Fiberglass doesn't stick to that either, so, once you pull the cured glass form, you may have to dig in and remove the tape. Usually not a big deal. Then sand it out smooth and start fitting the item. I did learn that if you have a very complex shape to make it in two parts and glue it together. once you have the final shape, you can lay the last layer of fiberglass and be done with it.
The important part to remember is that all of these parts were one off, so, I had no desire to create a "buck" for a multiple product run. But, once you have a finished piece, that can be used to create the proper mold. From there, you can really thin out the weight and create a very finished product straight from the mold.
slothness
5 months and no updates? confused24.gif
sixnotfour
Lets see?? I have his wheels, don't know anything other than its in CA somewhere..
Gint
Holdin 'em hostage?

QUOTE(slothness @ Jan 13 2013, 01:05 PM) *

Give the guy a break. He moved since that last update.
slothness
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 13 2013, 02:23 PM) *

Holdin 'em hostage?

QUOTE(slothness @ Jan 13 2013, 01:05 PM) *

Give the guy a break. He moved since that last update.

Yeah, more or less. Just excited about this build. bootyshake.gif

On that note, Chris hope the move went well and your busy enjoying this Cali weather...well, not at the moment since its damn cold but at least it's not raining. biggrin.gif
effutuo101
Yep, between the move, buying a new garage space with a side of house(and all of the durable goods you need), job and carrying a couple of house payments for few months, and a bum knee, my project got sidelined.
It is really odd to have enough room to walk around my car with crutches and not have to crab walk!
On a positive note, I just picked up out fronts alternator bracket and got that installed as well as my intake.
Believe me, the tires are important, but I have quite the laundry list to get done before I worry about shoes!
Updates within the next few weeks I promise.
In the meantime, I am reading everybody else's stories and being jelous.
sawzall-smiley.gif
effutuo101
Ok, I have been down for the count as far as updates go. Started work on my car again. I got the mirrors fitted, anti chip'd and mounted the passengers today. Tomorrow I will work on the drivers and start pulling out boxes of stuff to put back on the car.

On the plus side, I have a bigger garage to lose stuff in....
dfelz
Just went through your whole thread, car looks fantastic, great work, cant wait to see the rest.

When you glassed on extra bracing to your front lid, what was the material you used for the structure? and are you letting all of your FG parts cure at STP? or in vacum bag? Also what are the front air ducts supplying air too?? i read the rears supply air to rear brakes...but fronts?

Thanks! keep up the good work!
effutuo101
Hi, the bracing is Balsa and fiberglass. A thin piece with a couple of layers of Glass does a lot.
The hood scoops are for my radiator. I am using the heat tubes to channel additional air.
The big scoops on the side are for the intake and inter cooler.
I hope to be up and running by late fall.
My to do list:
fuel tank and pump
Gas, brake and clutch cluster and plumbing
Seats and interior.
Turn/brake electronics
Gauges and finish new wireing loom.

I just finished up making a new set of front turn signal buckets, so it is time to finish thos up and order the front and rear lenses.
914werke
smile.gif
effutuo101
Rich! The parts guru! How are you? Owe you a call. Tomorrow?
effutuo101
A little progress.
Drivers mirror mounted.
Turn buckets complete.
New flat LED turn and running light installed.
Ordering lenses tomorrow!
Start work on rear stop/turn this weekend.

effutuo101
Ran across this yesterday in La Jolla... wub.gif
Wow. 8 Lamborghini's 5 Ferrari's an bunch of Bentleys and this.
effutuo101
Thank you Mark! The smoke turn lenses are beautiful! i think the smoked turn covers will need a media blast and 1 more layer of black color to create the Semi gloss I am going for.
Mirrors in their housing.
effutuo101
Mirror
effutuo101
biggrin.gif
The Porsche crest is from my iPhone cover. I totally missed that when I uploaded the picture.
914werke
Dude fix your photos Im getting a crick in my neck!
dfelz
agree.gif lol, also you should upload a video of that turn signal bucket in operation! looks great
effutuo101
I will see what I can do!
John1180
Chris,
where did you source your fiberglass fenders and quarters?
effutuo101
From the classified section here. A fellow teemed decided not to use them
QRS has 7 and 8 quarters here. I would have to go find the 9 and 11's.
jaxdream
[quote name='effutuo101' post='1699106' date='Jun 25 2012, 11:27 AM']
Ok, between work and travel, not much progress.
front suspension:
in, but need to finish tightening all nuts, bolts and so on....
[/quo

Calipers on the wrong sides , upsidedown - can't bleed em with the bleeders on the bottom , just sayin dude...

Jack
effutuo101
biggrin.gif
That's is what happens whe you throw stuff on the car in prep to move it! Thanks!
PeeGreen 914
Sheesh Chris... rookie mistake poke.gif Miss ya buddy beerchug.gif
effutuo101
Perfect for you to fix on your next trip Jon! We will take the kids to the beach!
effutuo101
Slow progress. But, the front bumper now looks great!
Let the adjusting begin.
effutuo101
looks like fuel cell is inbound. size and placement say 12 gallons. That should get me a couple of miles down the road.
BuddyV
Congrats on a beautiful project.... I want to drive home and punch my 914 in the face.

Instead, I will plan for her make-over cheer.gif
rjames
QUOTE(treborzerimar @ May 7 2013, 01:28 PM) *

Congrats on a beautiful project.... I want to drive home and punch my 914 in the face.

av-943.gif
effutuo101
QUOTE(treborzerimar @ May 7 2013, 01:28 PM) *

Instead, I will plan for her make-over cheer.gif

It's ok, I think Robert did just that....smile.gif
Time to go tank the front bumper and trim off a little bit of edge to make it fit better.
Peddle cluster is the next purchase.
effutuo101
And thank you! A lot of hard work by the PNW folks. Jeff H, Rich D, Jon B and Robert all contributed to this to name a few. Serious skills.
stugray
Nice!

I plan on using these hood latches:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productse...roduct=3038-001

They would look great on that car

Stu
effutuo101
They would! I may have to get some of those!
effutuo101
So, here we are. 1 year ago I was frantically packing and trying to get my car together.
Time to do some stuff.
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif biggrin.gif
effutuo101
small steps...
effutuo101
The question on the rear is do I satin out the space between the rears...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.