Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Effutuo build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
dlo914
I think you just convinced me that my next 914 has to have fender flares smile.gif
effutuo101
As long as she has legs a little bit of bedunkedunk in the trunk is a good thing...my wife said that 914's must have junk in the trunk. She likes certain colors in a narrow body, but, for the most part and for us...it must have much back.
biggrin.gif
jcambo7
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
I cant reed i need picurs...beer3.gif
effutuo101
Ok James!

didn't get much done today due to work.
But, yesterday:
fixed 3/4 inch gap on pass door
fixed 1/2 inch gap on driver door
finished fitting my rear bumper
glassed up some re enforcements on the hood. need to finish sanding and re glass

effutuo101
oh, and saw this at work
effutuo101
hope to get more done tomorrow.
PeeGreen 914
The Fiskar looks really cool. I just hope the issues I've heard of don't damage the rep. I'd like to see more from this group.
effutuo101
Makes two of us. very pretty car.

anyways onwards and upwards..
sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

ar15.gif
jcambo7
drooley.gif
effutuo101
hood pins and mirrors showed up... I guess I will get them fitted. Then time to shape the mirrors... This should be fun!
pete-stevers
where did you get those hood pins from??
dakotaewing
What kind of mirrors?
effutuo101
I got them bot from "dreamers" (local hot rod shop). I had the hood pins powder coated satin black. I will post the details when I go back down stairs tomorrow.
The mirrors are composite. You shape to fit your door.
effutuo101
The mirrors are Vision out of Canada. VF4
http://visionhotrod.com/
effutuo101
hood pins are Eddie Motorsports. they come in a textured or smooth finish and can be powder coated.
http://www.eddiemotorsports.com/store/cart...015&c=417;;

Playing with some dash idea's late last night...
jcambo7
Ooo...A GT lid. Are you putting it on this 914? popcorn[1].gif
effutuo101
LOL! Hi James, I am going to have options....we will see what the final looks like. It really depends on a couple of factors.
effutuo101
so, I did it. I cut apart my dash last night and laid some glass. Here is the rough mold. Still have to finish the sides and tie it all together. The rest of the dash will be modular so pieces can be taken off.
Time to start building a glove box... form space for headlights, gauges and instrument cluster
PeeGreen 914
Hey Chris,

You should make two of those poke.gif biggrin.gif
effutuo101
LOL! If you know somebody who can make a mold, you are free to borrow as long as I get an all glass one in the swap. This one will be lighter than original, but heaver than planned as I have to do a little fill work in some wrinkles..
McMark
Cool stuff! shades.gif
effutuo101
on a con call since 5 am. So, I built and test fitted a glove box mold. Maybe later tonight I can actually drop some resin on it.
effutuo101
an now for a picture... pre wax and final prep for glass
effutuo101
yes, it is a mail box...smile.gif but once I get the glass done and fit it to the curve of my dash....
jcambo7
popcorn[1].gif
effutuo101
The wife had oral surgery Thursday afternoon. She is a trooper.
She woke up this morning with her face really puffy. We thought she had an allergic reaction to her meds. Long day, she will have two shiners. No fun.
Back to work on my dash....
sixnotfour
Wish Her Well.. should I come over tomorrow ?
effutuo101
Sounds good! smoke.gif
NORD

Make that Gloove Box big enough to hold all the Tickets!!!! driving.gif

Nice job on the car. Last time I seen it I was holding floor pans for you

and it was in Rich's carport. Has come along ways. Keep posting.
Ductech
Dood .....'did your engine mount and trans show up yet?
effutuo101
Hi Nord! yes, it has come a long way. The help that the local peeps have given along the way has been absolutely spectacular. Thank you and the rest of the PNW crew for pitching in on this long project!
Rich has become the sole supplier of parts for me biggrin.gif and Jon B let me borrow his compressor for like 8 months.

@ Robert. Plan got pushed. next weekend I should get the cradle, transmission and junk and stuff.
Back to the garage....
effutuo101
So, late last night, I popped the glove box off the mold and trimmed the excess off.
effutuo101
a little trimming up and presto, a glove box.

@ Nord, It is big enough to hold registration, insurance card, 2 pair of sunglasses and 1 ticket.....
beerchug.gif
effutuo101
got the headlight switch and dimmer switch cut out and fitted.
effutuo101
this morning:
Drink coffee

later today maybe:
drill the hood for pins
drill the doors for the mirrors.
make bracket and fit glove box door. with the curved dash, that will be fun!
MDG
Diggin' it! thumb3d.gif
effutuo101
an oddly strange day at work. Took my lunch hour and did some work.
I got the glove box roughed in. left needs to come out about 2-3mm. Then straighten the edges of the box and loose some mass. This spot had a problem in my casting...
Then final fit, hinges, smooth it out, and put some felt in it.
just enough room for two pair of sunglasses, a small package of tissue, and registration/insurance stuff.
In the end it is about 7 inches deep. no where near the cavern that was stock, but, it also doesn't hang down below the dash.
mrbubblehead
good work. you are going to have a real nice car.
effutuo101
Thanks! It is coming to a town near you at the end of summer. I might even have it road worthy... :

Next x
ditching the stock steering for a little adjustment.

Heya Jeff! it will need a lot less love than I thought inside the cabin.
effutuo101
the column is out of a 2002 VW beetle. We should be able to keep all of the adjustments in tack. So, it may be a little easier getting in and out of the car for me...or, it might just end up in my lap at full low...\
effutuo101
start mirrors
effutuo101
lunch time work... stirthepot.gif
effutuo101
not much posting, but some progress
picked up my cradle and some other parts from Ian, just waiting for the final transmission mounting bracket.
did a final fit on my steering wheel
Redo of glove box as I was not happy.
The list grows both shorter and longer with each passing day.

sixnotfour
Where is the blood pool picture from your 914 cutting me up like a pig ??

Does the column feel rigid enough ??

sixnotfour
Doesn't your cowl look more like this now ??
effutuo101
Not yet, got the grinding done yesterday. primer and mud today and see where it is at.
biggrin.gif
ruby914
Looking good Chris.
Nice cradle, hats off to Ian for that.

It looks like you will use the Subaru gauge cluster? If so, your tilting column will help you get it in and out.
Were you able to maintain the same arms length to the wheel? Using the WRX column, that was a big challenge for me. popcorn[1].gif

effutuo101
Thanks,
No, not a suby cluster. gauge cluster on window pillar and looking at different options for speed and tach. I found a HUD for about 100 that has speed, tach, shift light, temp and low fuel light. So, the space may be just for a couple of gages or be eliminated all together.
effutuo101
so far the steering will go closer to the dash than stock and come way further out than the stock. So, I think I may have to get a seat in and check.
But, yes, my biggest complaint has always been the steering wheel getting in my way of getting in and out of the car. This should make that a non issue. I will probably also go with a D ring once I get everything sorted.
IM101
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Apr 23 2012, 12:04 PM) *

not much posting, but some progress
picked up my cradle and some other parts from Ian, just waiting for the final transmission mounting bracket.
did a final fit on my steering wheel
Redo of glove box as I was not happy.
The list grows both shorter and longer with each passing day.

Great meeting you Chris, Im super exited to be a part of (if only a small part) this awsome build.

The rest of your parts should be there thursday. Can't wait to see this thing complete! aktion035.gif

Ian M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.