72wrxporsche914
Even the trailer broke down !
914time
My 73 2.0L...
saigon71
dry.gif

Click to view attachment
76-914
That appears to be too clean to have broken. biggrin.gif What broke?
Bagpype
Heres mine being delivered after I bought it.
theleschyouknow
not a 914 but it is a classic vehicle
Click to view attachment
914fahrer
Bringing it home one year ago
Click to view attachment
jkb944t
QUOTE(Spoke @ Aug 18 2014, 01:31 PM) *

Fuck me.

Burnt valve.

Dropped valve seat.

worn high pressure fuel pump.

New injectors.

$4800

So much for this year's vacation.

Same thing happened to my daughters A4 when we were six hours into a thirteen hour drive from Ohio to Minnesota.

That looks like a broken section of valve similar to my daughters A4 only a little smaller. Thankfully the valve seat was fine as were all the other valves so it was just a defect in the actual valve and didn’t show up until 139,000.

Jeff B
mrfourteen
Guess I could have use the enclosed trailer but it's just a 914.
Unworthy of sharing the Jags home on wheels.
At least thats what the wife said, "no way your rolling my E out in the weather to to go get a POS 914" So it go the dolly treatment. What does she know? I love 'em more fun than some snotty ol' Jag.

Click to view attachment
OU8AVW
Click to view attachment
gms
biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
when i got another project last sept 2014 a 71 1.7.

Click to view attachment

this one 74 1.8 i got last 2012 and use it for trade payment for a welding labor on the 71.

Click to view attachment
Alphaogre
I cut out the middle man and tow myself home! shades.gif
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
On the way back from Anacapa media blasting...looks like new money biggrin.gif Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Tail draggers get flatbed service too, going to the OC for scheduled maintenance Click to view attachment
plymouth37
Cheyenne to Seattle
Click to view attachment
gandalf_025
Last Oct, # 619 on it's way to the Body Shop to be Soda Blasted and painted.

Don't think I posted this already ??

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
5th 914 but this one is the 2nd parts car.

Click to view attachment
76-914
Intervention Time?
porschetub
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 20 2012, 12:08 PM) *

There are basically 2 kinds of 914 owners. Those that have been towed and those who have not been towed, yet! So post your pic's here with an appropriate quip. I didn't get pic's from my first 3 tow's but I did get the 4th one. Amazingly enough, I was passed up (ignored if you will) and left stranded in the parking lot by poke.gif 23 other teeners whom I had just had lunch with. Friends dry.gif

Click to view attachment

Did I mention it was a 70 mile tow on the million dollar hiway in a truck that could not go over 35mph or the front end would shake badly. But this little guy, Fritz, (the drivers sidekick) made the ride much better.

Click to view attachment

Few months back,engineless on a car trailer,huge day and on top of that a huge hassle to get from the shipping company,love the tow car I got from a friend,ever seen one ???confused24.gif .
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Started the day at 8am and got the car home by 8pm,very long drive and was getting dark,got up early in the morning to see what i had purchased.....way above expectation,the rest is history.
BTW my new GF made the journey fun grouphug.gif .
Geezer914
Got to love 914's. They are either on jack stands or a flat bed. But when they run, they are fun to drive. They turn a lot of heads. I carry lots of tools and a spare dizzy. So far it has not seen a tow truck. driving.gif
iankarr
I've joined the club. Almost went up in flames as one of the plugs on my weber 44 fell out and fuel dumped all over the hot engine. Click to view attachment
Nutter965
Click to view attachment
Shadowfax
From this morning. Am hoping it's a bad coil (the only ignition part I haven't changed yet). Will troubleshoot after work.
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Shipping across country
Maltese Falcon
This Panzer tank needed to be de-tracked and some rubber wheels fitted prior to flatbedding. Photo taken in Germany, it was stored by a collector in his private collection. Supposedly it's firing system was not deactivated according to the story. The neighbors liked when the owner would plow the snow for them biggrin.gif Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 23 2015, 02:37 PM) *

This Panzer tank needed to be de-tracked and some rubber wheels fitted prior to flatbedding. Photo taken in Germany, it was stored by a collector in his private collection. Supposedly it's firing system was not deactivated according to the story. The neighbors liked when the owner would plow the snow for them biggrin.gif Click to view attachment

That's a lot of weight on bicycle tires....
914-300Hemi
Leaving Rennsport
Click to view attachment
thieuster
IPB Image

Mine, back in the Spring. I towed it to our workshop after 17 yrs in hibernation. After taking apart the engine, clutch and g'box + replacing all sorts of plumbing, the car runs fan-tas-tic!

Menno
Bossman
Click to view attachment
Bossman
Then there was this one
Click to view attachment
mbseto
QUOTE(Bossman @ Oct 25 2015, 11:31 PM) *

Then there was this one
Click to view attachment

That's a weird looking engine.
VegasRacer
I finally have to post to this darn thread that was started over 4 years ago. sad.gif

Elvira has been on my trailer lots of times, usually going to the race track.
Tonight leaving work is a different story. headbang.gif My first guess is the fuel pump.
RARE 6
Summer before last. Off to see the wizard after a decade or more of garage rest.Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 5 2016, 10:09 PM) *

I finally have to post to this darn thread that was started over 4 years ago. sad.gif

Elvira has been on my trailer lots of times, usually going to the race track.
Tonight leaving work is a different story. headbang.gif My first guess is the fuel pump.

Sorry John but you know that if you own a 914 it's only a matter of time before it shows up in this thread. happy11.gif
Cairo94507
RARE 6 - Your car looks beautiful. How is it doing now?
Garland
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment sad.gif
Targa70
Here she is, new dash and floor pan installed, coming from the shop, after what seems like a lifetime.Click to view attachment
jeffdon
July, 2014. Crankshaft broke on me.

Click to view attachment
garrettlee2
Click to view attachment I know it's not a 914
Gunn1
Click to view attachment

Yesterday can full of parts and a 1.8 and fresh rebuilt 2.0 liter
Gunn1
Click to view attachment

Taking it off the trailer at home
Gunn1
Click to view attachment

2nd car in two days
ChrisFoley
Cuddyk arriving at CFR

Click to view attachment
iankarr
Ha! Who knew I was only 91 miles away and within the AAA Platinum free tow zone?

Really looking forward to meeting you in person. Thanks for saving me from welding on my back and potentiallly burning my house down. Seems I've been driving with a busted clutch tube since I bought the car. Can't wait to see how it drives when you've worked your magic and it's all sorted out.
Mueller
Long time ago, my car before I got out of the 914 scene 8 years ago.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.