billh1963
The way all my cars travel!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Parts car:
IPB Image
76-914
That will probably buff out. dry.gif Hey DEC, is your avatar a Diego Vargas rendition? wub.gif

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 30 2012, 03:10 PM) *

That will probably buff out. dry.gif Hey DEC, is your avatar a Diego Vargas rendition? wub.gif

Click to view attachment

No picture of my car on a flatbed or a trailer.
A bit off topic but I'm surprised how many 914 people put their car on the trailer front first.
I've towed a lot of cars on my trailer and find it is much more stable at speed with the engine weight forward. Even with a featherweight like a 914.
poorsche914
My well-disguised LE loaded up and ready for a trip over the mountains to its new home in TN.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
euro911
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 30 2012, 05:15 PM) *
No picture of my car on a flatbed or a trailer.
A bit off topic but I'm surprised how many 914 people put their car on the trailer front first.
I've towed a lot of cars on my trailer and find it is much more stable at speed with the engine weight forward. Even with a featherweight like a 914.
The drive train was out of my wife's car when we towed it to the shop, but I agree that the heaviest portion of the load should be in front of the trailer's axle(s).

When I bought my 'Smithy' machine some 20 years ago, they could only fork it a short distance into my little 5x8 M/C trailer because the forklift couldn't go up the ramp. I had to drive about 50 miles from Newport Beach to my house at 45mph on the FWY, otherwise the trailer would start fishtailing bootyshake.gif
rick 918-S
Can't post pictures... dry.gif
poorsche914
It was tough sending this one away since I had owned it for over 20 years sad.gif
Unfortunately, it sat for many of those years. I kick myself daily for not taking the time to pull the steel rockers off this car headbang.gif Especially since my LE needs a set!

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
nsr-jamie
Here is my car from last October. It had to be towed into to the inspection area for its inspection which I passed and finally got officially registered in Japan with my my 914 plates.

IPB Image
Jerry
It's usual position
DEC
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 31 2012, 01:10 AM) *

I don't know it I found it smewhere in the net
rick 918-S
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Click to view attachment
watsonrx13
Sold going to New York...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ldsgeek
Finally, a thread I can contribute to. I've done this 3 times and still don't have it on the rotisserie.
Click to view attachment
And the rest of it...
Click to view attachment
mburkhart
Also a fuel problem - the fuel needle said I had some but I didn't. Fixed it with a tank of gas.
Click to view attachment
euro911
Here's a Google map satellite view of a 914 on a flatbed in someone's back yard in Muscoy, CA.

Click Here

No, I didn't spend countless hours searching for this ... the car actually belongs to a neighbor of one of my a brother-in-laws shades.gif
Porschef
Yep, mine's been on a trailer, twice.... Chris did a rescue at last year's BBQ, and two or three days later I retrieved it with a friend. Car runs great unless I go to Connecticut (wheel bearing yesterday dry.gif )
Porschef
There's a video somewhere on YouTube... Chris Foley can drive a pickup towing a 914 faster than most of us can drive our cars.... beer.gif
t collins
Click to view attachment
JimN73
Tapered set screw fell out. Almost matches the truck.
Click to view attachment
pete000
Been there, done that ! driving.gif

Was in the middle of installing new fuel lines and fuel tank is out. Had to move to a new garage...
hot_shoe914
They say not to pull a 914backwards because it will fuch it up, I didn't listen. About 780 miles from Memphis, Tn to Scotty B's.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sfrenck
Given away to a friend. He's usually so nice to the red ones - but he's chopping this one up into little bits!!

He's not even keeping it in his 914 garage... sad.gif

Click to view attachment

URY914
My $250 special. I drove from Tampa to West Palm Beach to pick it up. It was sitting in a guy's back yard for 10 years. Total piece of shit. I parted it out and broke even if you don't count the cost of time.

Here I am stopping by to see Kevin and the boys. I traded Kevin a right tail light lense for two T-shirts biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
zymurgist
On the way home from Hershey, I peeled away from the southbound caravan with Scotty, Jeff, and Bo at Gettysburg. Stopped in for a beer and a Fire Jumper Burger and headed home, whereupon I promptly developed a flat tire.

No spare. Because a beer cooler is considered essential for Hershey, but a spare tire is not.

Luckily, I have AAA Plus. They brought Babydoll back on a flat bed and we pushed her into the garage, since4 apparently the fuel pump is not running now too...

Click to view attachment
veltror
sigh...
76-914
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Apr 21 2013, 04:30 PM) *

On the way home from Hershey, I peeled away from the southbound caravan with Scotty, Jeff, and Bo at Gettysburg. Stopped in for a beer and a Fire Jumper Burger and headed home, whereupon I promptly developed a flat tire.

No spare. Because a beer cooler is considered essential for Hershey, but a spare tire is not.

Luckily, I have AAA Plus. They brought Babydoll back on a flat bed and we pushed her into the garage, since4 apparently the fuel pump is not running now too...

Click to view attachment

Perfectly normal. No foul. Resume play. Even wise decisions sometimes backfire. Beer before spares.
carr914
Do Matchbox 914's Count?

Click to view attachment
billh1963
Pink Panther headed for the big scrap yard in the sky to remember happier days....

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 22 2013, 09:11 AM) *

Pink Panther headed for the big scrap yard in the sky to remember happier days....

Click to view attachment

There was still some Meat on the Bone!

I would have kept the Flares. But then again I'm looking at it through a Computer Screen & you had it in person
StratPlayer
argh
JmuRiz
Previous time on a flatbed was when it broke down some 12 years ago on the road and I didn't have a fancy camera on my phone.
This picture is from more recent, getting sent off for body/paint work.
Really shows off my steep/skinny driveway (to the right) also:
flippa
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 22 2013, 05:36 AM) *

agree.gif chowtime.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 22 2013, 09:36 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I would have kept the Flares. But then again I'm looking at it through a Computer Screen & you had it in person

I got what I wanted off it and offered it up for FREE picking. One person got some stuff.... No one else showed up.
blackmoon
some days are better than othersClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
76-914
Oh ouch! WTF.gif happened.
blackmoon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 22 2013, 04:03 PM) *

Oh ouch! WTF.gif happened.

Driving to fast in wet conditions, backwards into the K-rail and rolled a couple times. Came away with some bruise nothing serious. still drives sort of
rwilner
Here's the pumpkin in fully sorted, running, driving condition...but on a flatbed off to be enjoyed by her new owner...

sad2.gif

Fitting that this is post # 914 for me?

biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 22 2013, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 22 2013, 09:36 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I got what I wanted off it and offered it up for FREE picking. One person got some stuff.... No one else showed up.

You know if I was closer I would have been all over that like stink on stromberg.gif biggrin.gif
Phoenix914
I towed my 914 from Delaware to Houston, and then from Houston to Melbourne, FL. The last short trip to Oviedo, FL was on a rollback, but I didn't think to snap a picture of that. It was just too sad.

Click to view attachment

Looking forward to some quality garage time soon so towing won't be the normal way to move the car from place to place.
robby750
Here is mine on the way to the shop. The ECU crapped out.
Larmo63
Here is Speedy on the way to the Porsche hospital. After two weeks on jack stands, I just wanted to drive, so he went to a shop.

IPB Image
dlkawashima
IPB Image
Johns914
(un)Fortuantly I have no pictures of mine on the flat bad. Been on one twice for the same issue. Once on the way from a show and once on the way to a show. Had the pin for the tailshift linkage break. Funny thing is I have heavily modified Studebaker truck that I have own for 1/4 the amount of time as the teener and it has been on the flatbed as many times. drunk.gif
Spoke
It's German but not a 914. Last nights 20 mile trek outside of Pittsburgh to get pizza only took 4 hours with this little sidebar. Engine just started shaking, Check Engine light flashing, lost power and died on the side of the road. It's at the dealer now.

Spoke
Fuck me.

Burnt valve.

Dropped valve seat.

worn high pressure fuel pump.

New injectors.

$4800

So much for this year's vacation.

carr914
Click to view attachment
Chris H.
Here's mine getting loaded up in Pleasanton 12 years ago to come live with me...looks a little different now.

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
sad.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.