Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
gonzo54
Bringing Orange Crush home after purchasing it from Jerry & Cathy
Cairo94507
Congratulations. That looks like a very nice 2.0. beerchug.gif
sb914
QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Aug 22 2020, 08:09 AM) *

Bringing Orange Crush home after purchasing it from Jerry & Cathy

Rick officially has the sickness .. two and counting.....
sb914
Click to view attachment
On her way to her new home !!!!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 22 2020, 10:50 AM) *

Click to view attachment
On her way to her new home !!!!

Hey Eddy, how’s new oregonian?
euro911
Another exodus from Kalifornicatia and heading off to America, Eddy?

Have a safe trip and steer clear of Portland idea.gif
eric9144
Well sh!t...think my fuel pump died, while on the road... I didn't get a pic on the flat bed this time but did get this text when AAA was supposed to come, note the number it came from, can't make this stuff up:
Click to view attachment
Mueller
Pushed my luck bouncing off the rev limiter.
Still runs however it doesn't sound healthy at all
Thinking valve train related.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Sorry to hear that Mike. I hope it is not a major issue. beerchug.gif
Bullethead
Finally, off to see the (metal) wizard... build thread to come.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Well sooner or later we all end up on a flatbed. For me it was a coil failure. Car is now running perfectly again.
BTW a quick thank you to Doug Chew the outstanding AAA flatbed operator. His truck, as you can see, was as clean as my car. He did a great job and loved the car. His uncle had a 914 and he always loved riding in it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
930cabman
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Jul 27 2020, 10:46 AM) *

Here is mine on the trailer when I bought it:

Click to view attachment

Here it is several years later with body restored, interior restored, and a 3.2L six installed:

Click to view attachment

Got to love the narrow bodied/6. Very sweet ride
sixnotfour
3.2 Motoronic are getting old too...
tygaboy
@Cairo94507 - Michael - Glad to hear this issue was totally resolved without any drama!
I'm surprised you didn't make AAA bring an enclosed trailer! laugh.gif

Let me know when you feel like taking a drive. I'd be good to catch up.
ClayPerrine
Betty created Smileys just for this thread:

914_RideOfShame_1.jpg

914_RideOfShame_2.jpg

I created this one:

Trailer.jpg

@scottthephotog poke.gif
Cairo94507
Those are cool. Please thank your wife. beerchug.gif
wonkipop
ashamed, let it fall asleep for 16 years---- it couldn't wake up. 914_RideOfShame_1.jpg

Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
This thread gives me high anxiety w00t.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jul 23 2021, 06:50 PM) *

ashamed, let it fall asleep for 16 years---- it couldn't wake up. 914_RideOfShame_1.jpg

Click to view attachment

Dude.... The steering wheel is on the wrong side... poke.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Jul 23 2021, 07:57 PM) *

If your 914 has never been on a flatbed, then you don't drive it enough!
Betty

It happens to ALL of us eventually... Just means you're truly one of the 914 herd now! biggrin.gif
wonkipop
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 23 2021, 08:24 PM) *

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jul 23 2021, 06:50 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Dude.... The steering wheel is on the wrong side... poke.gif

parallel universe down here. back to front.
we don't need downforce to stick to the road upside down either.
image rotated 180 degrees in consideration of tourist industry.
most folks get used to it 5 minutes after getting off the plane.

we are all covid locked down again here in sydney and melbourne, proof its an opposite hemisphere.
ClayPerrine
914_RideOfShame_1.jpg
euro911
914_RideOfShame_1.jpg

laugh.gif

Who made that emoticon?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Betty @ Jul 23 2021, 07:42 PM) *

It happens to ALL of us eventually.

914_RideOfShame_1.jpg

They never let me stay in the car. sad.gif

I always had to ride in the truck with the driver. shades.gif
76-914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 22 2021, 05:21 PM) *

914_RideOfShame_1.jpg

I totally missed the post from July. Thank Betty for us. Now paste one of those emoticons to this thread permanently, pls.
DRPHIL914
joined the club after 12 years of never being stranded and broken down
Spoke
@DRPHIL914

What happened? At least your car looks great even on a flatbed.
AZBanks
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 23 2021, 07:32 PM) *

If your 914 has never been on a flatbed, then you don't drive it enough!

Who needs a flatbed when you have your own tow vehicle.

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 24 2021, 08:13 PM) *

@DRPHIL914

What happened? At least your car looks great even on a flatbed.

@Spoke .
we were about 250 miles into the trip up to Tennessee for Okteenerfest, stopped for gas and a bite to eat. after lunch the car would not start, after going over everything, i realized i was not hearing the fuel pump prime, also low pressure . tried to jumper pump but with direct power that got the pump on still no injector pulse- so what ever it it’s it’s an intermittent cutting out of the pump and injectors. this morning after the tow home last night, i put the key in and it primed and started , ran for a minute and then just cut out. now no pulse to injectors or the pump.
mmichalik
My additional from last night........
Going to dig into it today for a bit.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Sep 25 2021, 03:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment

You will, when your little green sportscar decides to eat a wheel bearing in the middle of nowhere.

Clay
GregAmy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 28 2021, 08:22 AM) *

QUOTE(AZBanks @ Sep 25 2021, 03:31 PM) *

You will, when your little green sportscar decides to eat a wheel bearing in the middle of nowhere.

Yup. When I took a long (250-mile) trip in the 914 last month I had the truck and trailer all hitched up and handed the keys to my wife -- just in case. Fortunately, it was a trouble-free trip.

AAA and/or classic insurance with tow helps get me closer to reduce her travel time.

GA
Puebloswatcop
Towing the first of 3 from Colorado to Texas

Cairo94507
Wow that is a nice storage/transport box. Hope the trip went smoothly. beerchug.gif
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 28 2021, 09:57 AM) *

Wow that is a nice storage/transport box. Hope the trip went smoothly. beerchug.gif

Thanks, but the trip was a bit of a problem for my trailer. But no problem for the car in its custom built 914 box.....There is a detailed description of the incident in my build post.
bludden
Click to view attachment
siverson

Ottomotion
Ignition switch left the chat at the last cars and coffee. Thanks AAA!
burton73
Eric with the V8 car now 2170 RAT eng car going to PMB Performance

Best Bob b
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Nicely wrapped and a very nice trailer. beerchug.gif
Puebloswatcop
2nd of the three moved from Colorado to Texas, one more to go.

Click to view attachment
porscheteck914
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Jul 2 2023, 01:09 PM) *

Click to view attachment

You guys are real inspiring to us newbies 914 owners. Nobody told me upon ownership ya had to have a truck and trailer or tow truck a phone to call tow truck ,with an extra couple hundred bucks to payem , a camera to record all the fun ,and know how to post pics on this site. Do I throw in the towel now or just suffer a slow death ? confused24.gif
76-914
I almost needed to post here 2 weeks ago. Joined the PCA Vineyard Region for a chat, drive & breakfast. Only I didn't make it to breakfast. Clutch pedal went to the floor when I attempted a downshift. Crap! Pulled over on the top of a hill and checked the reservoir; it was full. Everyone circled back to help but I told them go have breakfast; this is why we have AAA. But before I called AAA I started it up, rolled down the hill until I could slip it into 1st gear, did a U turn and made it back to my house after slowing for 2 stop signs and running one red light in a turn lane. There wasn't anyone coming the other way. I wondered how this could happen since the master & slave cylinder were only 2 years old. Then I noticed I still had the original slave cylinder installed. Oops. headbang.gif The Subaru slave cylinder is 20 years old. Ordered the OEM rebuild kit last week. $18 and change.
wonkipop
QUOTE(porscheteck914 @ Jul 2 2023, 12:33 PM) *

Click to view attachment

You guys are real inspiring to us newbies 914 owners. Nobody told me upon ownership ya had to have a truck and trailer or tow truck a phone to call tow truck ,with an extra couple hundred bucks to payem , a camera to record all the fun ,and know how to post pics on this site. Do I throw in the towel now or just suffer a slow death ? confused24.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

to put it in its real historical context, owning and driving a 914 now is like owning and driving a model T when the 914 was new. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

which makes me admire anyone who drives a model T - (and then think of them as next to god).

its a testament to the design of the cars that we somehow fool ourselves into thinking they are still modern? (and.............reliable smile.gif )

when i bought my 914 back in 89 it was just a sort of old second hand car.
same status as beater rusty land yacth caddilacs and pontiacs rattling around the streets of chicago? some people even said to me, very politely as americans naturally are - why'dja buy that old car?. now when i pull it out for a drive down here in north antarctica where they were never sold and are as rare as hen's teeth folks can't date it. they cannot work out which decade it came from. their eybrows go up when you tell em its 1974. you can see them processing the maths on the passing of time behind their eyeballs. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
mlindner
Off to the painter after 29 years.Click to view attachment
waltonsm
Click to view attachment

Stripped pinion a couple yrs ago. Still went hiking that day before this pic.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(porscheteck914 @ Jul 2 2023, 11:33 AM) *

Click to view attachment

PorscheTeck,

The key is to never give up. Sometimes you definetly have to walk away and tak a break from the little SOB's, (lest ye shall throw a hammer or other implement at them chair.gif ), but in the end they are worth the blood, sweat and money you put into them... smilie_pokal.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(porscheteck914 @ Jul 2 2023, 01:33 PM) *

Click to view attachment

welcome.png

Here is an old thread with a video I made to show off those of us who are driving our dreams, and to inspire those of us who follow us in the love of the Porsche 914.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=350627

And here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNRU8SdIZfM

Enjoy.. be inspired.

And remember, we are all in this together. Don't hesitate to ask for advice, help, or just a roadside rescue. We have all been there, done that.
Maltese Falcon
Headed out for a major service and tune; keep 'em running !
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.