Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 to a GT conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The Metal Surgeon

Need to add to our body work team @themetalsurgeon

Our classic/custom car restoration company is looking for a skilled body guy that has minimum 5-10 years experience in the car restoration business (collision doesn't count).
We are a high end finish company that requires highly skilled and motivated applicants.

Duties include

-body work/skim coat using filler after metal work is completed.
-be able to block down applied fillers on various panel shapes in an acceptable amount of time of which will be discussed prior to beginning of each project.
-Spray and block sand applied primers.
-Compensation depending on experience
-this is a full time position

email resumes and pictures of your work to valerie@themetalsurgeon.com

thank you!

My Metal Work blog www.themetalsurgeon.com
Rav914
I think this is the kind of job we'd all like to be able to apply for. One, to have the experience, and two, to work in such a place with exacting standards. I'll just go back and re-read "Shop Class as Soul Craft".

Beautiful work.
iwanta914-6
This is the first time I've read through this thread, simply amazing!

The build seemed to end with the paint, is there another thread with the assembly and final product? Also in the thread I saw mentions of number of hours, what was the final tally? It sounds like just the labor (while an amazing deal at your rates) cost maybe $12K plus materials and parts!
914 Ranch
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 5 2014, 05:51 PM) *

Well shit. After looking at yours I want to wad mine up and throw it in the trash. dry.gif

No Kent, you would be wading up the wrong material and throwing it in ​the wrong place. Wad up your money and throw it in the passenger seat and take the car to Colorado.
JOEPROPER
This car look GREAT! If I was still in Denver, I'd be calling you. I used to work a few minute from your shop in Sheridan Co. S+A Transmissions on W Hampden.
Mayne
Just bumping this thread because the workmanship is so amazing to see. drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.